Beck Diet For Life/Solution December 2019 Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach - Page 8 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 08:34 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 173/172/ 157

Height: 5'6

Good Morning and Happy Bday to me.

Unlike Penny and Karen, my weight is not holding steady. Up three pounds from ticker after two potlucks. There is an all you can eat steak and lobster buffet planned for tonite with my brother and SIL in SF. This is my plan. I will not track points today. The reason is I keep having Friday food events and using up extras then get discouraged the rest of the week. So for today, I will be good to myself by eating lots of fruit and veggies no matter what else. The tomorrow I will track again. A birthday is one day.

Last day of school and my mind is in a 100 places including traveling to Greece on the 1st. BTW DS was accepted to Univ. of Illinois. So excited. The rest we will hear in March.

Wave to all,

Last edited by maryann; 12-20-2019 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:28 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning coaches! I’m FINALLY feeling better mentally. Post surgical blues is a real thing and boy it hit me hard. I feel suddenly back to my old self mentally and able to deal with all this. Of course it helps that I’m feeling better physically too but whew, I wouldn’t want to go thru that again. I have scheduled a few friends to come over for a few days, and may even try going out in a car today for the first time, although the ice worries me a bit.
Fortunately Christmas is very low key. We may even order Chinese for once, who knows!
Karen- have a great trip! Crossed fingers for that naughty Otis to behave
Maryann- Happy birthday! It’s tough to keep on track with all your events, you have a good plan.
Onebyone- welcome back! And so sorry about your MIL. it really is different when the death actually happens.
Bill-so nice you still do stocking stuffers. My kids are pretty much getting chocolate this year, it was all i could get to before the surgery.
Penny-great job being on plan. Christmas must be very busy at your household!

Last edited by curlyjax; 12-20-2019 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:36 AM   #108  

S/C/G: ?/139/130

Height: 5'5"

Good morning coaches,

A quick check in after traveling one day. It went very well. I drove 535 miles and dh drove about 60. Otis was really good about 90% of the time and we felt that was really good for such a long drive. He has been very good at my cousin's house too. I will do some personals once we're settled at my brothers in a couple of days.

Karen
Old 12-20-2019, 11:48 AM   #109  

S/C/G: +71/+12.6/0

Good morning!

Yesterday was on plan and weight came back down another bit. Still seven pounds up from the lowest point I hit back in August and haven't seen again since.

The Fed Ex guy delivered our neighbor's giant package to our porch by mistake. It was a corner desk, so very heavy and awkward. I used a dolly to get it off the porch and drag it to its proper place, nearly dropping it in the rain. Unfortunately I decided to remain in my pajamas and messy hair, and noticed they have one of those security web cameras. Great.

Bill, it sounds like a very productive day! Credit for not eating the onion rings.

Maryann, happy birthday! Enjoy your dinner plans!

Curly, yay for feeling better! I'm glad you have visitors lined up.

Karen, that's a lot of miles covered. It's great your family are all good with having Otis as a guest too.

Last edited by Penny.; 12-20-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-20-2019, 01:12 PM   #110  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I keep charging into my mornings and not getting the usual stuff done. I'm going to get the usual stuff done today, even if it's no longer morning.

Yesterday, I did what I hope is all the grocery shopping we need for two weeks. Today, I'll turn some of that into food we can actually eat and some of it into things that we can pull from the freezer during the second week.

Exercise: +30, 675/1200 minutes for December

onebyone: great to see you back here! Sorry about your mother-in-law and the struggle at the end. That's hard on every one.

BillBlueEyes: St. Louis is called "Louie" by his friends. Quite a few restaurants use that version of the name. Kids these days call the city "The Lou."
Old 12-21-2019, 06:49 AM   #111  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Saturday - Flanders adopts Gregorian calendar; tomorrow is Jan 1, 1583 (1582)

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Major success in buying gifts and stocking stuffers for Christmas. CREDIT moi for doing what I had to do. There will be fine marmalades, mint sauce, coffee, and other gifts that'll be appreciated. There will be a wrapped gift for each of the five pets (two cats and three dogs) on my list. Each will get several packages of take-to-the-office tuna useful for when there's a time bind. As usual, the pet owners will declare that I've chosen a gift that's unfit for their precious animal and adopt the tuna for themselves. We do this every year. Apparently, we're all easily amused.

The Christmas tree is up and DW has decorated it. My contribution was to haul it inside from the back yard after breaking off the block of ice at its base. Breaking off the ice was fun; I used my geological hammer that I love but don't use often since I don't have the opportunity to get to many geological excavations.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - I'd never heard of calling Saint Louis "The Lou." Two weeks is a lot of groceries.

maryann - Super Congrats to your DS for his acceptance at the University of Illinois. Good school, that. I did hold out hope that he'd choose a Boston area school so we could walk the Freedom trail on occasion. Hope you survived a lobster buffet. Boundless lobster would be tough for me.

Karen (karenrn) - 535 miles is a lot of driving. Congrats for surviving that. Yay for Otis for acceptable behavior.

curlyjax - Glad that the post surgical blues have passed. Yep, worry about the ice out there. We still have plenty.

Penny. - LOL at being permanently immortalized in pajamas and messy hair. Please post the link to the YouTube video after your neighbor uploads it. Kudos to you for being a good citizen hauling their package to them.

Readers -
Quote:
day 37 Keep Up with Exercise

No wonder Claire had never exercised consistently in the past! Her sabotaging thoughts kept getting in her way.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), Pg 251.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:34 AM   #112  

S/C/G: ?/139/130

Height: 5'5"

Good evening coaches,

We are in a motel in Medford Oregon. It's nice to be in a semi sterile environment where we don't have to worry about Otis getting in to something. Cousin Colleen and her husband are very hospitable and we had a great visit, but there home has a lot of stuff in it. Otis did really well, but it took some vigilance on our part.

I want to be sure to say Happy Birthday to you Maryann! It is my brother's birthday today and we will be seeing him tomorrow. I hope you've had a good day and will have a great weekend.

Curlyjax I am so glad you are feeling better. It must have felt awful to have gone through a big surgery and then feel so down. I always feel like it is best to get off the pain meds as soon as you are able too. They certainly have their place, but I always feel a lot better when I can be off of them.

Onebyone Welcome back! I'm so sorry about your mother in law. It sounds like she got a lot more time than initially expected.

This was typed last night and I guess I didn't get it sent. We're up and will have some coffee and take our time getting ready to leave this morning. Less than 5 hours today.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:10 AM   #113  
Green Tomatoes

Today's challenge is a packed lunch. It's been a while since I've done this, but I remember that I worked it out. I pack a 1/2 sandwich and an apple. When I get home, I eat a giant salad and call that my snack for the day. That keeps me from getting too hungry and gets all my mid-day nutrition needs met.

Exercise: +20, 695/1200 minutes for December
Old 12-21-2019, 12:23 PM   #114  

Good morning!

Yesterday was overbudget and weight is holding.

I have the family Christmas party this afternoon and it sounds like there will be lots of vegan options for a taco salad meal. I'll take my own salad dressing just in case.

Karen, it's so nice to relax in a hotel on your own, isn't it? Have another great travel day!

Bill, congrats on getting the gift shopping done. The hammer does look like one that would not come out of the tool box often.

Joy, credit for packing a lunch! It seems like such a small thing but takes a lot of effort, for me anyway.
Old 12-21-2019, 04:13 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

happy birthday, maryann!
Old 12-21-2019, 09:34 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 173/172/ 157

Height: 5'6

Back from the Bay Area exhausted. I am glad to have gone but it is not easy. My brother suffers from bipolar and other things and is out of it a great deal. My heart goes out to him.

Im happy to be home and really worried about my eating. I will get a good night sleep and plan tomorrow. I know it will include exercise.

Glad to hear from Curleyjax and traveling Karen. Penny you are amazing dragging that desk.

Wave to all.

Last edited by maryann; 12-21-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-22-2019, 06:55 AM   #117  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Sunday - Winter Solstice

Diet Coaches/Buddies - The challenge was a big evening party. I knew about half of the guests so I had plenty of opportunities to get immersed in conversation while the walking appetizers kept appearing. The raw salmon in a squid-ink cone got to me; I had several. Dinner selections were more protein than carbs so that helped. The shrimp were gigantic; we're off this morning to buy shrimp for our Christmas Eve dinner and I don't think that Whole Foods even sells shrimp that big. I was surprised that dessert also appeared on walking plates carried by ladies dressed in all black. I'm good at avoiding a dessert table, but did sample from the charming ladies. Oh Well.

Got out and about to run more errands. I picked up stocking stuffers from Trader Joe's. That store has more unhealthy food than anywhere else on the planet. Fortunately, stocking stuffers have to be small so I easily avoided all their breads and cakes.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Your half-sandwich style seems like such a good idea.

maryann - Happy Birthday. May you have many, many, more. Congrats for surviving, one more time, your family event even if exhausted.

Karen (karenrn) - Congrats to Otis for continuing to behave like a non-dog to please his humans. Hope he gets some outdoor time in Oregon.

Penny. - Great idea to bring your own salad dressing. At the party last night, a vegan would have gone home hungry.

CJZee - Waving back.

Readers -
Quote:
day 37 Keep Up with Exercise

Like Claire, you might also resist exercise, because you don't like it, you're too busy or stressed, or you have a physical problem. You know the benefits of both planned and spontaneous exercise, but are you still exercising? Have you, over time, increased the amount of exercise? Is exercising still near the top of your priority list? Do you have a positive attitude toward exercise?

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), Pg 251.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:47 AM   #118  
Green Tomatoes

Today will be our biggest family gathering of the season. Instead of the usual feast, we're having appetizers. That, of course, produces its own challenges. I'm worried that I'll just eat all afternoon. So, here's the plan:
  • Eat a giant salad before I leave home
  • Have one plate in the early to mid-afternoon, about 600 calories, that I can call both the rest of lunch and my afternoon snack
  • Have a second plate in the early evening, about 500 calories, that I'll call supper
  • If I'm hungry when I get home, I'll eat veggies or an orange
My contribution to today's food is veggies and dip, so I'll know there's one thing that I can eat more than just a few bites.

Exercise: +30, 725/1200 minutes for December

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 12-22-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-22-2019, 11:22 AM   #119  
persist

S/C/G: 296/286/145

Height: 5' 6"

Default Winter Solstice & turning the page

Coaches:

Yesterday we held an open house drop in for my MIL's (Ann) friends and neighbours and for family. About 30 people showed. We had to use every chair in Ann's house and people still had to stand. Many good memories of Ann were shared. Many people offered me support and condolences and just warmth.

On the way home I felt sad. It's to be expected. I didn't manage my food well. I want to do better with that.

All the best to all of you.
Old 12-22-2019, 11:45 AM   #120  

Good morning!

Yesterday was overbudget and weight is up again.

I had a plate of food at the party but then two more at home. It was bingey and out of control.

Maryann, welcome back home!

Bill, the party sounds very fancy!

Onebyone, that sounds like a nice gathering for Ann.

Joy, that sounds like a good plan! Enjoy the party.

CJZee, I see you! I hope all is well.

Last edited by Penny.; 12-22-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Closed Thread