Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 08:23 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5'2

I spent part of yesterday wondering what a beeping sound was in the house, then checked my email and discovered Verizon was emailing me to tell me the battery in the Fios system was low. It feels a bit “big brother” but I was glad to know what was going on! I tried to turn off the battery but it didn’t work, i’ll have to deal with it today. I think its only a back up for the phone when the power goes off, so not a huge thing.
I have a bunch of errands today, trying to get ready for winter and think what needs to be done before my operation. Our church does a giving tree and I foolishly chose a gift card to Walmart, thinking i could find one at a drugstore-I have a feeling I may need to actually go there this weekend and its bound to be packed! What was I thinking.
CJZee- the leg pain is all connected to the hip arthritis; i use the words interchangeably I guess! Quad pain, shin pain when i’m driving, sharp pain in hip, dull pain laying in bed-ugh. I walk like i’m 90 years old
Maryann- I started posting at 150- I can’t believe I was unhappy with that weight now- and am at 176 this am. I can relate to emotional binging. Hang in there!

Last edited by curlyjax; 11-30-2019 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:02 AM   #182  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I contributed all of my good aunt, good in-law skills: playing with pirate stickers and reading books with the four-year-old (especially at moments when he was rowdier than suited a rainy day indoors), very gradually regaining the trust of the toddler so that she had some one besides mom to cling to, picking up Nana/MiL in her own car and returning her home when she was tired, and carving the turkey. Those activities kept me away from the wine and all snacks. I did reasonably well with my supper choices, too. Good enough for another year.

Exercise: +30, 1125/1200 minutes for November

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 11-30-2019 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:06 PM   #183  

S/C/G: +71/+30/0

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

Yesterday was on plan and weight came back down a smidge.

I just finished the leftovers for breakfast, then I have my regular breakfast for lunch. lol

Curly, we have that beeping fios battery in the garage. It's an expensive battery and only necessary to stop the beeping. So we let it beep. I don't know what we'd do if it was in the house.

Karen, I'm impressed by all of your energy for social outings and hosting friends. Credit for the weightloss in spite of it all.

Bill, yay for a day of recovery and leftovers!

Maryann, credit for getting out for a walk. I bet it's beautiful on your property.

Joy, yay for being a great support and enjoying family time. MIL must be doing okay.

Wave to CJZee and Beth!
Old 11-30-2019, 02:54 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning,

I have 18 hours of abstinence on my eating plan. I want to hold on to it. I am off to grocery shop to prep and cook for the coming week. Then I have exercise and a drop in at an open house bday party. The boys are of to a Sacramento Kings game.

My gratitude list includes a clean house, food, warmth, family, good friends and a steady job that is meaningful. I also appreciate the abundance of leisure time available to me on the holidays.

curleyjax: Thanks for reminding me I also have to be grateful that I don't have to winterize.
BBE: Yes, little guys are great calorie burners.
Karen: DH reminded me I wouldn't be hopping up to Truckee and hiking anytime soon. There is indeed storms coming in. I have new skis and a ski pass but right now I would be cross country skiing.
Penny: You make me laugh about the beeping in the garage. Stuff like that drives me crazy. In fact I have medication for it. Wish I was more laid back.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:58 AM   #185  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the December 2019 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on:

You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:
Closed Thread