Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Old 09-11-2019, 09:14 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 173/167/ 154

Height: 5'6

A shout out to all of us as we try to shift from maintaining to losing. I have now been “swimming upstream” just so I won’t lose ground for about six months.

Tweaking is the solution. I packed a little less for my lunches and am thinking of changing my breakfast even though I have stuck to this one for six months or more.
maryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:01 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 287/229/149

Height: 5' 5"

Yesterday, I weighed myself at the doctor's office. I'm still 229! That was the low weight I hit right before I went on this marathon trip.
Even though I haven't lost any weight since I've been gone, I haven't gained any either. I'm going to call that a win!

Now that I'm at the house we're trying to sell, I am trying to get back on the weight loss protocol. I am having to eat a little something in the morning because I'm taking Advil or aspirin for my hip pain. I did get a Rx for the physical therapist. Taking off now to see the PT for my leg/hip sciatica etc issues. Wish me luck.

CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:35 AM   #63  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

It's a third of the way through the month and I'm a third of the way through my exercise minutes -- CREDIT!

Today's challenge is a weird energy directed toward an event tonight. I have one more chore to do to be ready for the event. I'd really like the rest of the day to be productive on other things. I have a plan -- I just need to work it.

Here's my reminder that food doesn't fix weird energies, anxiety, or rumination. I can address all of those things through journaling, if I need to.

Weight:NA kg. Exercise: +30, 365/1100 minutes for September
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:45 PM   #64  

S/C/G: +71/+11/0

Good morning!

Yesterday was way off plan eating with the excuse of DHs birthday. I can see the out of control eating has snuck in, probably starting with the pdx to coast walking event. It always seems to happen after a stressful event. Weight is up again.

My plan for today is bean soup for breakfast and fasting the rest of the day. Lots of water.
Penny. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:06 AM   #65  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Thursday - Jack Kilby demonstrates first integrated circuit (IC) (1958)

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Exercise was chase the (3.75 yo) DGD day, CREDIT moi. Chased across four different playgrounds - like seeking the perfect wave, LOL. As rain threatened, we punched Mapquest to get the best route to a nearby indoor playspace only to find that it had gone out of business. So thank you Internet for saving us a drive to learn of a business closing. Who says the Internet is worthless?

Eating was OK, CREDIT moi, mostly because I was busy. I raced to my evening meeting where I only ate a few nibbles of the trail mix sitting in front of us for two hours. Dinner was grabbed from the fridge before going out. The last of the garden tomatoes sat on the windowsill untouched. Hope that changes tonight.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Kudos for being on track with your exercise plan.

maryann - Thanks for the reminder, "Tweaking is the solution" - small changes for big gains

Karen (karenrn) - Waving toward Washington State - have a good flight. Only half a donut is a victory

curlyjax - Happy 5th anniversary with this group. I'll join you waiting for the magical day when proper organization takes place.

Penny. - Happy Birthday to your DH. Yep, tension is a great trigger for off-plan behavior.

CJZee - Good luck with your new physical therapist.

Readers -
Quote:
Day 33 Eliminate Emotional Eating

How to Calm Down

Instead of saying to yourself If I'm upset, I'll deal with it by eating, tell yourself, If I'm upset, I'll try to solve the problem ... If I can't focus on problem solving, I can use my mindset and behavioral tools first.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), Pg 230.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:52 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'2

I did well yesterday. I avoided the snack room at choir, and didn’t eat anything extra yesterday. I did have cereal as a snack after choir as I was truly hungry, but it is a high fiber kind and good for you.
Today may be a higher stress work day but I am going to plan to get take out as a treat for dinner and not stop at the chocolate shop.
Penny-cheering you on! You have done so wonderfully, I know you will get back on track.
Karen- have a great time in Washington. I imagine it must be beautiful and a great time of year to go.
Ack- must get to stretches now or i’ll be late!

Last edited by curlyjax; 09-12-2019 at 06:53 AM.
curlyjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:41 AM   #67  

Good morning!

Yesterday was on plan with the mostly fasting day. Today will be a low calorie day.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 09-12-2019, 12:16 PM   #68  
Green Tomatoes

A slow late start to my day. That's not necessarily a problem, but I want to remind myself that it's not an excuse to feel rushed or behind. I have plenty of time to do what needs to be done.

Weight:NA kg. Exercise: +25, 390/1100 minutes for September
Old 09-12-2019, 06:07 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 173/167/ 154

Height: 5'6

Waiting at the acupuncture office. I have been working 12 hour days which has torpedoed exercise and I am currently not on any food plan. What I was doing was not producing loss. Scale is a pound above ticker.

The sweet cravings have not escalated and I am doing my hypnosis audio. Maybe it is helping. I feel I need more veggies so I will focus on adding rather than subtracting.

I bought tickets for Steely Dan.
maryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:14 AM   #70  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Friday - English author Roald Dahl born on Friday the 13th (1916, Llandaff, UK)

Diet Coaches/Buddies - 'Twas a long day as we did our first day of the course I'm helping to lead. Was really fun. I was terrified before - as if I were facing a room of werewolves - but not nervous or emotionally out of joint while in front of the classroom. For me, it's all in the anticipation. CREDIT moi for moving forward instead of leaping off the Brooklyn Bridge of something else stupid.

Eating was OK except for the extra nibbles consumed trying to make emotions go away. They didn't. I feel that I should get caloric credits for the food consumed that didn't deliver what was desired from it.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Thank you for continuing to display your avatar picture of tomatoes. We're about done out here.

maryann - I'll listen to Steely Dan while on the Web this morning. I just looked up that the name comes from the 1959 novel "Naked Lunch". <blush>

curlyjax - Kudos for planning in advance to avoid the chocolate shop.

Penny. - Hope you survive your back-to-back low calorie days.

Readers -
Quote:

what are you thinking?
Do you feel unsure about your ability to get control of emotional eating? If so, take a moment to identify and respond to your sabotaging thoughts. . . .

Sabotaging Thought: I can't calm down without eating.
Helpful Response: There are lots of techniques I can use instead of turning to food. I'll be very glad in a little while that I didn't compound the original problem by eating.

Old 09-13-2019, 09:36 AM   #71  

Good morning!

Yesterday was on plan with the low cal, and weight is moving back down toward my previous low. Today will be another low calorie day and I will not let the stress of work lure me into overeating.

Karen, have a nice trip to WA!

CJ, I hope the PT appointment was helpful.

Bill, kudos for pushing through the fear and leading the class.

Curly, credit for not snacking at choir. Food traps are everywhere!

Maryann, adding more veg sounds like a good plan. I'm glad the hypnosis and acupuncture seem to be helping.

Joy, excellent progress on your exercise, as usual. I'm going to work on that habit.

Last edited by Penny.; 09-13-2019 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:38 AM   #72  
Green Tomatoes

I'm pleased with my to-do list / plan for the day. I'm not always, so I want to take notice when I like it. Things have clustered together in a way that I appreciate and that will create some efficiency with one thing building to the next.

Weight:NA kg. Exercise: +50, 440/1100 minutes for September

BillBlueEyes: Yay for surviving your first class!
Old 09-13-2019, 04:51 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 287/229/149

Height: 5' 5"

I have taken a small page from GardenerJoy’s organizational book and made myself a chart of everything that needs to be done in the next few weeks as DH has a contract on his house!!! The closing is October 1 and we are crazy busy. I have put his antique furniture on some local Facebook sale groups and Craigslist. I have only gotten two scam texts in response. I also put his home gym on FB too, and have received 22 inquiries on that. So I guess between antique furniture and home gyms, the better investment is home gyms, LOL.

I’ve gone to the new PT twice, and today I am feeling a little better. He’s doing some new and different stuff, and it seems to be working. However -- and this is weird to me -- he seems reticent to touch my bare skin. It’s just my lower back and I’m not young (oh, maybe that’s why?). I have had so many health care people and massage therapists and chiropractors etc. etc. mush around with my hip and leg it seems odd that this guy doesn’t want to touch me. Well, if he helps me, I don’t care if he wraps me in plastic.

Penny - you have willpower of steel or high motivation or a combination of both.

Bill - I am the same way. Nerves galore ahead of time, but once I launch it’s steady sailing.

Maryann - I really like your thought that you will “focus on adding rather than subtracting”.

Curlyjax - “the snack room at choir” sounds like the name of a mystery novel. Glad you could avoid it.

Karen - have fun in Washington!

CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 06:54 AM   #74  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Saturday - Full Moon - The Harvest Moon

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Just got the call notifying me that my "social security number has been cancelled." Due to "suspicious activity." <sigh> Perhaps you're reading the words of an illegal man since I'm required to have a social security number to be paying my taxes every year. Wondering what the IRS will say when I don't file this year because I've been cancelled. I am so tired of SPAM phone calls. At the supermarket, I bought a HUMONGOUS pumpking for $6.99 - with thick, long stem in perfect condition. It'll be the biggest pumpkin on the street. I'm so easily pleased.

Last night we saw SIX! (link isn't to the production that we saw, but a good sample of the music). Hint: Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived. Absolutely a marvelous production as well as a neat idea. A musical where each of the six wives of Henry VIII tell their story in their voices instead of as a part of King Henry VIII. Ninety minutes of non-stop music. We stopped for sushi before - having longed for the stuff since we went on Sunday when it was closed. That makes dinner well under calories for the day, CREDIT moi.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Yay for a day that fits together.

Penny. - Kudos for recognizing that the stress of work is a lure into eating.

CJZee - Sounds like you face a busy two weeks. Neat to make a chart to have some hope of covering all your bases.

Readers -
Quote:

what are you thinking?
Do you feel unsure about your ability to get control of emotional eating? If so, take a moment to identify and respond to your sabotaging thoughts. . . .

Sabotaging Thought: I deserve to eat when I'm feeling bad.
Helpful Response: I deserve to feel better. I deserve comfort. But I also deserve to be thinner. Comforting myself with food will only work temporarily, and I'll feel even worse later.

Old 09-14-2019, 09:11 AM   #75  
Green Tomatoes

We've taken two walks a day the last few days. That's really helping with my exercise minutes. This is an experiment in reducing stress -- more for DH than me, but I'm sure it helps me, too!

Today's challenge is lunch out at Noodles and Company. Fortunately, I discovered a few months ago that I really like their zucchini noodles. I was really skeptical that I'd find them at all satisfying, so I'm glad that I gave them a try. I think I've been getting the large order, so I'm going to try another experiment today and get the small one -- that's more in line with the amount of calories that I'd usually have at lunch.

Weight:NA kg. Exercise: +55, 495/1100 minutes for September

BillBlueEyes: I heard of Six! a couple of weeks ago when they did an amazing flash mob at the Tower of London. They attracted hundreds of young musical theater fans and taught them a little choreography so that they could be part of the show. So powerful!
Hearing the story from the perspective of the wives reminded me of the PBS series I watched recently where Lucy Worsley re-examined their stories.