Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 08:36 AM   #151  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday - Francis Crick and James Watson discover structure of DNA-molecule (1953)

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Exercise was chase the (3.5 yo) DGD day, CREDIT moi. I was allocated a time slot to read her a book. "Tell me a story," she commanded in her standard, age appropriate voice. So I told her a continuation of the story that I told her mother some decades before. She and I go exploring in Buckingham Palace, "That has 101 rooms." "That's a lot of rooms," she responds. And we open a door, and "Much to our surprise," the story begins. This one wasn't my best, but a room full of bunny rabbits that she collected and counted, and who nibbled on grandpa kept her attention, laughter, and running comments and corrections. She is quite clear that she is entitled to bend the story. Such self confidence.

Eating was OK, CREDIT moi. Lunch was early as dictated by the DGD's hunger time. We were at an indoor place space (it was 10 degrees F outside). We weren't pleased with the place because they had installed several devices that required quarters inserted to work. From a warm playspace where the kid is 100% in charge, it was like an arcade where the kid runs up asking for money. Just not the same. Much to our surprise, when we got home DW had a text message asking for our opinion. What? How did they know we'd been there? How did they get DW's cell phone number? Well, we'd used Google Maps in her phone to find directions to get there and had driven there! So, apparently, Google reported this to the play space. What a feeling of violation of privacy. Lesson learned: If you want to drive to a bordello that's next to a church, use Google Maps for directions to the church. Assume Saint Peter's web robot will tick you as having attended, LOL.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - LOL at your DH enjoying his omelet and made bed even while suffering that your lift pump was out. Glad it was fixed so you could go home.

maryann - Yay for a little scale tipping to make you feel better. I never cease to be amazed how you folks in California do weather.

Karen (karenrn) - Thanks for the reminder that being a good houseguest matters to the hostess. Amazing to be reading of the snow in the Sierras from both you and maryann.

curlyjax - Congrats for getting past the male masseuse embarrassment. Hope that back heals rapidly.

Penny. - Kudos for recognizing that your painful muscles are progress.

Readers -
Quote:
day 2 Say Oh, Well, to Disappointment

Just Say, Oh, Well
You can't stop sabotaging thoughts from
arising, but you can respond to them.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), Pg 180.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:15 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 173/161/ 154

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

Scale tipped the other way even though OP. Oh well. I’ll focus on less salt today. Gym might have contributed since my muscles are sore.

The truth is I am a little discouraged even though I have dramatically improved on sitting while eating. eating till satisfied and making a food plan. But I have yet to lose weight. So . . . Pep talk: I am in this for life. Now the challenge is to keep practicing the skills while slowly decreasing calories. This will NOT be the weekend to start however. I am going to a family wedding which will be fraught with emotion. I will do well to just maintain. My focus will be to practice distancing myself from the drama and enjoying those people I will see who are positives in my life.

BBE: LOL about watching what you google. I hate the vulnerability of visibility.
Karen: So much snow I-80 was closed for two days. I have never heard of that before.
Penny: super credit for another loss.
Gardenerjoy: I am getting back into the business of baking bread, DS loves it.

Last edited by maryann; 02-28-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:45 AM   #153  

S/C/G: +71/+12/0

Good morning!

Yesterday was on plan, with cycling class, and weight dropped some more.

I have another one of those strength training classes tonigt and my quads are still so sore.

Joy, kudos for hitting your exercise goal early!

Karen, enjoy your time with family!

Bill, lol at the Google big brother. I abhor those kiddie gambling arcades and have had many discussions with the kids about it. Ha! From tickets to reward stimulus/dopamine, mathematical odds, and the undisclosed actual payout value of the end toy product. Yup, I'm no fun at parties!

Maryann, kudos for sticking to it even when the scale is slow. I hope the wedding isn't too stressful.

Last edited by Penny.; 02-28-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:01 PM   #154  
formerly bethfromdayton

S/C/G: 242/179/165, then 155

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone.

Yesterday was bad choices in the evening--binge sort of thing :-(. Today has been good choices and I feel in control. I've got to do my PT exercises--that'll be my exercises for today. My knee is not really improving that much--even with the steroid shot. We're traveling tomorrow and I arranged for a wheelchair at the airports to avoid walking.

For food this weekend, my plan is to eat the catered meals, a bar for breakfast, and either available cheese/cracker or veggie/dip snack or a bar for mid-afternoon. On second thought, I think I'm better off never eating from the snack table no matter what it is--bar for breakfast and mid afternoon and then the catered lunch/dinners. I'm struggling with that decision--I think it feels like I'm depriving myself--and it is not depriving myself to not eat non-stop--it is nurturing myself with what I need.

I'm not sure I'll be posting over the weekend--we'll see how much sleep I get :-)

--Beth
Old 03-01-2019, 06:29 AM   #155  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the March 2019 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on:
You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:.
Closed Thread