Beck Diet For Life/Solution – November 2018 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach - Page 9 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 08:37 AM   #121  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I'm thankful for our little corner of the internet and all of you who populate it and make it such a supportive and encouraging place.

November word count: 31,645/50,000
Daily weighing streak: 0, Weigh-in: N/A kgs, Exercise: +20, 625/1200 minutes for November
Old 11-22-2018, 08:41 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'2

My turkey is happily brining away, I hope it comes out okay. I did a little vacuuming and laundry yesterday and lots of dishes then gave up. I did get on the exercise bike for a bit too. This morning I need to start making stuffing etc. My relatives arrive about 3 and can help me with gravy and decide if the turkey is actually done or not, the hardest part.
It's very cold here but sunny. It's strange to wake up and not say happy thanksgiving to my husband, its the first year without him. So glad we will have company today.
Happy Thanksgiving all!

I echo Joy's sentiments!!

Last edited by curlyjax; 11-22-2018 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:56 AM   #123  

S/C/G: +71/+17.2/0

Good morning!

Yesterday was on plan and down another pound today. Unexpected but may be due to the lower carb days I've had, since I swapped out my morning toast to use up leftover beef mix in my eggs.

Bill, kudos for wrestling the turkey prep. Enjoy your day with family!

Joy, I agree with your sentiments about this little corner of the web. Enjoy your day wit family!

Curly, kudos for taking on the job of hosting. Hopefully the kids are helping! Enjoy your time with family.
Old 11-23-2018, 12:04 AM   #124  
formerly bethfromdayton

S/C/G: 242/179/165, then 155

Height: 5'2"

Happy Thanksgiving!

I overate today but I don’t feel bad about it—Tuesday and Wednesday were the 5 product days I planned for. Today, as I said, I ate what I wanted—and tomorrow I’ll be back on 5 products for several days.

It’s really warm here in St Louis—I enjoyed a lovely walk. I could tell I’ve let the walking slip— but it felt good to get back to it though.

I’m grateful for all of you and your support.

—Beth
Old 11-23-2018, 05:19 AM   #125  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Friday - Patent granted for a process of making color photographs (1863)

Diet Coaches/Buddies - The grand Thanksgiving Dinner is over; CREDIT moi for my part in making it happen. There were six of us for dinner - small by family standards - making for easy conversation and a one-table situation. We didn't solve US Health Care, chickenpox among anti-vaccinators in North Carolina, new life forms that may constitute a Fifth Kingdom, nor any other major issue on the planet. I ate only one plate of the main dinner. But there were appetizers and four desserts with ice cream for the apple pie and cherry glop for the cheesecake. I didn't have all desserts - a rather weak proclamation, LOL. When my salad was brought out, DIL exclaimed "Hope there's no Romaine in there." There wasn't. We didn't go walking in the 14 degree F weather.

In sad news I received a phone all after it was all over that a young (52 yo) nephew had died that day. It was totally unexpected; happened when he was out jogging before Thanksgiving Dinner. We're all saddened and in-our-face reminded how fragile life is. The whole extended family is in shock.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - So much to be thankful for.

curlyjax - One of our guests is known for good gravy; she did the honors. Hers is just the best.

Beth (bethturnaround) - So hard to imagine you being warm in Saint Louis when we're in the teens here. Kudos for bracketing Thanksgiving Day with days of five products only.

Penny. - Yay for yet another pound down.

Readers -
Quote:
day 17 End Overeating

Overload Your Plate - and Don't Eat it All

For the rest of your life, expect to encounter many situations in which you don't have control over the food you're served (at restaurants, events, and friends'/families' houses) when you'll benefit from this kind of practice. You many find it especially helpful to try this exercise again the day before you know you'll be entering a situation in which you'll be tempted to overeat.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), Pg 154.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:03 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'2

We had a very nice dinner. I didn't get too teary. Both my kids said they were thankful for me, which was a nice reminder of their dad in a way. My in laws are the best kind of guest- they helped with the food and the cleanup! Today is back to the real world, including getting snow tires on my car. i am so glad to have a few more days to putz around and get things done.

Bill- I'm so sorry! That is terrible, and what a tough day for it to happen on. Thinking of you all.

Last edited by curlyjax; 11-23-2018 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:14 AM   #127  

Good morning!

Yesterday was slightly off plan and weight is only slightly up. My TG'ing goal was to have turkey, my side of beets and beet greens that I brought and maybe one drink. I ended up with just a few extra tastes of things on my plate, and I did not finish it all. Credit!

Beth, credit for working the holiday eating into your plan. One of the books dialogue about thin people eating slightly more for a holiday but then naturally adjusting for it later did pop into my mind around my family gathering. Progress? lol

Bill, the hints to your family's topics of discussion made me laugh. I'm so sorry about the news of your nephew.

Curly, I'm glad your family gathering went well and love that your kids verbalized their appreciation for you. We need that once in a while!
Old 11-23-2018, 10:45 AM   #128  
Green Tomatoes

Exercise consisted of walking around a small lake at the pace of a three-year-old. I'm cutting the time in half to make up for the slowness. We stopped to admire sticks, acorns, juniper berries, scat (possibly coyote), and fish.

Our family gathering was big enough for two tables. I was happy to be at the table that worked through world history followed by modern electronic circuit design rather than the one that was tackling the sex abuse scandal of the Catholic Church.

November word count: 31,645/50,000
Daily weighing streak: 0, Weigh-in: N/A kgs, Exercise: +15, 660/1200 minutes for November

BillBlueEyes: Sorry for the shocking and sad loss on Thanksgiving.
Old 11-23-2018, 12:37 PM   #129  

S/C/G: ?/139/130

Height: 5'5"

Good morning coaches,

Just got back from hiking and I did the same hike yesterday morning. I'm feeling strong so feel like I had better keep it up. The bad news is I need to get myself to the gym and work on upper body too. Food was good yesterday since it was just the two of us. Dh was gone most of last weekend and all of the weekend before, so I was honestly glad to just have some time to ourselves. Before dinner we went to the movie, Bohemian Rhapsody about the band Queen. We both really liked it. I love almost any movie with a lot of music. I can rarely get dh to a movie, and I was so happy that he enjoyed it too. After we got home we watched the movie Planes, Trains and Automobiles because it's tradition. I enjoy watching my husband laugh at the stupid movie more than the movie itself. We had turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, asparagus, brussel sprouts and a green salad for dinner. My treat was a couple of beers, we didn't have dessert, appetizers, stuffing or rolls. Dh thought he might want some dessert, but when asked again he said no don't make or get any. I honestly don't miss it if it isn't here.

Bill I am so terribly sorry to hear about your nephew. Life is so fragile. What a terrible shock for all of you.
GardenerJoy Sounds like you had a nice gathering. Glad you got the good topic table.
Penny Good job on enjoying Thanksgiving without going overboard. One of the things I try to remember is that it is Thanksgiving, not The Last Supper.
Curlyjax Good of the kids to let you know you are appreciated and also that you had your in-laws. Holidays are tough for so many; in fact probably more people than not. How was the brined turkey? I have never made one that way.
Beth You have done so super getting right back on plan. Glad you enjoyed the walk in warmer weather. It does help to have climate that cooperates.

I wasn't on here on Thanksgiving, but I also appreciate each one of you for the support, new ideas and maybe most of all helping me know I am not alone in my struggles.

I haven't written my daily goals and 24 hour plans for a couple of days, so I will do that now. I do think it helps me. I did apply for a permit to backpack the Grand Canyon again in April. I won't know if I get the permit for a couple of weeks, but if so it will be one more thing to be ready for. You all have a good day and I hope nobody has to be out shopping unless they want to!

Old 11-23-2018, 07:06 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 136/132/113

Height: 5'4

Hello buddies & coaches! (wave)

I am so sorry I have been MIA for a while. Hope everyone has been well and I will catch up on the posts by the end of the week. I got sick and barely had the energy to do anything else besides work, which I barely finished, and sleep/eat, so I kinda took a break from reading my cards, planning, cooking, jumping rope, dancing, and pilates. I am feeling a little better this week and definitely enjoyed the Thanksgiving feasting with family. Thanksgiving is absolutely my favorite holiday and I went a little overboard. I under ate the week I was sick so that kinda gave me a reason to eat a bit more...I know I should have fought it. It happened, and I am over it (in a good way). I am still recovering so will take it easy for the rest of the week and restart on Monday!
Old 11-24-2018, 06:59 AM   #131  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Saturday-English naturalist Charles Darwin publishes "On the Origin of Species"(1859)

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Walked, CREDIT moi, to the tire store to leave my 7-yo LEAF to get new tires. Then walked back two hours later to pick it up. I've been driving on the donut spare for a month ever since I burst a sidewall hitting a curb. I dallied waiting for Costco to have a sale on my exact tire, then got the local guy to slightly match Costco's price. Felt like I'd done something smart. So my Black Friday adventure was to get a good price on tires instead of Instant Pots (this year's magic kitchen appliance). Good enough.

Dinner was a repeat of Thanksgiving Dinner from the leftovers. I do like leftover turkey. Hope to make a turkey sandwich for lunch today - including stuffing and cranberry relish. As she does each year, DW got down the old heavy metal meat grinder and ground the cranberries and oranges to make the relish. It's an old clunky thing that I acquired from a yard sale a zillion years ago. We both just love it - even though it takes up space on a nearly-unreachable high shelf all year just for its one use.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Do admire the notion of pace of a three-year-old with attention to "sticks, acorns, juniper berries, scat (possibly coyote), and fish." The next Alexander Humboldt in training.

Karen (karenrn) - Jarred by the contrast of the movies "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" in the same day, LOL.

curlyjax - Congrats for raising kids wise enough to be thankful for their mom.

Penny. - Not finishing all of your Thanksgiving plate is worthy of Kudos.

Pixie (pewpewpixie) - Hope you're feeling stronger from your unwell week. Yep, Thanksgiving is behind us.

Readers -
Quote:
day 17 End Overeating

Overload Your Plate - and Don't Eat it All
In order to successfully lose
weight and keep it off, you have to stop eating
when you've eaten the amount
of food on your plan
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), Pg 154.
Old 11-24-2018, 09:36 AM   #132  
Green Tomatoes

I got lettuce yesterday that probably won't kill me. Looking forward to my first salads in three days.

November word count: 34044/50,000
Daily weighing streak: 0, Weigh-in: N/A kgs, Exercise: +25, 685/1200 minutes for November
Old 11-24-2018, 10:10 AM   #133  

Good morning!

Yesterday was on plan and weight is up. It's my three day work weekend so it will be up for several days. Work gives me some kind of allergic response.

Edit to add, I grabbed Penn Jillette's book Presto: how I lost 100 pounds..., from the digital library and it is just the garbage writing I need right now! He's all over the place, it's fad diet stuff, and yet quite entertaining. Now I know why people are going on potato diets.

Pixie, sorry about the illness! I'm glad you're on the mend and back to say hi.

Karen, a Thanksgiving with just the two of you sounds DIVINE! Lol at the last supper comment. Truth!

Bill, that must feel good to finally have the tire situation dealt with. Your meat grinder story reminds me we have a french fry press that is probably even bigger, but similar, that we never use. Time to purge!

Joy, enjoy your salads! I saw a facebook funny that says "marked safe from romaine lettuce today."

Last edited by Penny.; 11-24-2018 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:36 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 173/169/ 157

Height: 5'6

Happy Belated Thanksgiving. Flew back in from LA. Credit for packing my bathroom scale like I did in the old days. I was determined to stay in the 50s. I think the scale really helped. I weighed in at 158 today. Food is planned. I will roast a bunch of Normandy veggies instead of salad. A treat will be frozen yogurt. Exercise will be a walk.

I have committed to one hour of cleaning garage. Whatever I get done, I get done. Sometimes this strategy helps me get started when perfectionism stops me.

Wave to all.
Old 11-24-2018, 05:59 PM   #135  

S/C/G: ?/139/130

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon,

Just a brief check in. I did a longer hike today and it was great. The hike is so rocky though especially since the rains in October that seem to have eroded the dirt from the trail. I figure it's good for my balance. Not much else has gotten done today except a trip to the grocery store and Costco. Waving to everyone!
Closed Thread