Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 09:45 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

gardernerjoy: Your description of eating a whole day's calories in one meal is SOOO familiar to me. It was a favorite way of punishing myself for . . . well I don't know why I punish myself that way. Be kind and gentle to yourself today.

BBE: Philip Glass misses me everytime, sorry to say. I applaud his experimentalism but hated having to analyze it as a music major.

nationalparker: Had to google Hygge. I'll tell the kids "Even an English teacher has to look things up."

silverbirch: I agree, I can fill the day with other things but some days no matter what I do I can't fill that craving for more food. Sometimes I am able to just stop, look at the clock and bet myself the feeling will be gone in some specific time.

Credit for NOT overeating during the demon "dinner clean up " hour. But I did not walk because we watch the State of the Union address together as a family. Today I will walk. Weight four pounds up from ticker.

Last edited by maryann; 01-31-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:22 AM   #182  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

A meeting tonight will be the last of the high-pressure things. Although, I have appointments and meetings for the next three days, too. I think this may be a cause of some of my struggles. Next week will be easier.

silverbirch: I'm trying a sandwich and salad for lunch. Although, I think I'll try a half sandwich today. My ideal lunch is a salad plus a potato with a bean-based protein on top. That's usually leftover vegetarian chili (but DH has gone off that, so we aren't making it at the moment) or tempeh "sausage" crumbles (but DH can't stand the smell of that cooking and he's not spending enough time out of the house for me to get it done). Here's the recipe for the tempeh dish: http://www.isachandra.com/2008/10/te...sage-crumbles/

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 01-31-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:22 PM   #183  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

A busy day at work and stopped at the library to pick up "Return to Cranford/Cranford Christmas" for my viewing enjoyment this weekend. Also found a new release (well...new printing) of Agatha Christie short stories - they still hold up today. Also picked up the book by the Bush twins - I was never a fan or not a fan, but read an excerpt a month or two ago and it was pretty funny, so I'll give it a whirl. One planned pickup and two lucky ones. A good day. I learned that my library offers e-magazines, which I found out by doing a survey they mailed me - asked if I liked that. HUH? I will now! The librarian showed me how to find those on their website - a whole new world. I like learning something new that's non-work-related.

Dinner was chicken italian sausages with peppers and onions sauteed. That still gave us leftover soup for lunch, so that's a bonus. I had a little bit of leftover pork sausage for him, so made a few stuffed shells for his dinner tomorrow when I'm out with a friend.

A bit of a quiet night here, though, because when I said, "Let's do the dishes" he asked if I needed moral support to do them. I said that's not going to fly and he got huffy and I got huffy right back ... so it's a detente right now. So that's how it's going to be? Yeah - that's how it's going to be ... are never sentences that move a discussion along.

Perhaps a hot bath is what I need. Silverbirch - I'm with you on the benefits of a hot soak.

Maryann - Does hot tea ever call to you as a way to stop the 'want to eat something now but I'm not hungry' vibe? I like it but at times find myself wanting to eat something WITH it, totally defeating the purpose.

Bill - Enjoy a small warmup coming your way from us. But that WIND - wow! I walked a bit at lunch downtown and turned a corner and it was all I could do to stand up. My hair was a rat's nest when I got back to work.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:13 PM   #184  
formerly bethfromdayton

S/C/G: 242/179/165, then 155

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone,

Went to class tonight for my weight loss program--the dietitian spoke about maintenance, but lots of it applies to success in losing as well. We wrote out motivations and habits that foster success. Made me think of Beck, in a good way, so I made some healthy habit cards.

Credit--weighed today (down), checked sugar (slightly up), remembered to have the nurse check my blood pressure (too high but much lower than it was), and had all 5 of my products even though I didn't want the 5th one.

nationalparker: I'm glad you found new advantages of the library--and sorry things got to huffy :-(

joy: I'm glad you can look forward to a less stressful week.

maryann: Definite credit for not eating during dinner cleanup. Hope you had a great walk tonight!

BillBlueEyes: Lucky you to see any of the moon!

silverbirch: I'm not familiar with Precision Nutrition. I'll see what Google will tell me!

Old 02-01-2018, 04:58 AM   #185  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the February 2018 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on:
You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:.
Closed Thread