Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 08:04 AM   #16  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I have no explanation for the jump in weight. I'll drink lots of water today and see if it disappears as fast as it came.

It's taking longer to meet my writing goal each day than I hoped. But it took less time yesterday than the day before, so I'll continue to hope that I can reduce it to the amount of time I want to spend. Mostly, that will mean less fretting over every word choice and fewer forays on the internet to answer every little research question that arises.

Today's challenge is a meeting that I tried very hard to not get on my to-do list. But no one else who makes sense was able to make it. A two-hour meeting and a half-hour each way to get there. Three hours feels like a big sacrifice but it's for a very good cause, so I'll focus on that aspect. It's taking what I've been working on locally and making it more regional.

I'm getting an early start, so that will help. I'll challenge myself to complete my 2000 words before I leave for the meeting around 12:30.

Weigh-in: +0.8 kg, Exercise: +40, 95/1200 minutes for November

curlyjax: I never have good luck with broccoli in soup, either. Broccoli is a brassica, like cabbage. Like cabbage, it gets an unpleasant flavor and odor when it's overcooked. I don't know what the secret is for making it work in soup. Maybe it's just different tastes -- some people like cooked cabbage, too.

FutureFitChick: yay for meeting your writing goal.

maryann: Yay for day 1! And, for teaching forgiveness and compassion by daily example.

nationalparker: one of the tricks I play is writing single space so that it feels like I'm writing an email or a post here. But, yeah, it would work out to about seven pages if they were double-spaced like a term paper. Or, a little more if I use a lot of dialogue which isn't an option, usually, for term papers.

BillBlueEyes: a dozen boxes of cereal is a great pantry staple to squirrel away in the fall.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:04 AM   #17  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

I've stayed an extra day here at my mother's because there is so much to do. I am on my benders and it's always hard to achieve what we call 'escape velocity'. I won't get everything done. I have to go out now (on foot) to lug back some groceries. I don't want to have any sugar so perhaps I'll take an apple and some macadamia nuts (= omega-7). Thanks for helping me think it through. I am seeing double.

I did this and went to the library which is very close. I sat in the teenagers' area (no-one there) and ate my apple and nuts.* It worked. Change of scene, good nourishment and here I am, three hours, still going. And I bought a book in a charity shop to read on the train. The Kindle is all very well but an actual book is nice.
*I cannot understand that eating and drinking in the library is now OK but I certainly didn't object to breaking my own rule about this today. Note: I was sitting down!

Last edited by silverbirch; 11-03-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:51 PM   #18  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Hello, coaches! Another healthy eating day in the books for me. Plenty of time just sitting and talking with my brother for much of the day, with a few rest breaks in between. I cherish this time.

I found a new soup to try when I get home - a lentil/pear soup that sounds interesting. I have the red lentils and it looks like a super quick prep, so will give it a whirl. 'Tis the season for soups and more soups. Also looking forward to trying a new grocery service that is no national brands, nearly all organic, cruelty-free, no artificial colors, ingredients, etc. I want to take time to research it a bit more and make out my order. That will count as a taking care of ME item - combining saving time running errands with saving money, and spending money where it also goes to assist others with their outreach to Feeding America.

A friend/coworker back at the office is really helping me out bigtime while I'm gone, plus she's uber dependable and pays attention to detail, so I know my data will be accurate - a big relief for me. I'm going to pick her up a bag of chocolate covered popcorn from our chocolate shop here - it's something she will savor and truly enjoy. (Plus her dr. used to talk to her because she couldn't keep weight on, so I know I'm not adding temptation where someone will have trouble handling it.)

I've been getting in a good bit of water, too, and will focus on continuing this streak tomorrow as well. Healthy food and ample water.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:07 AM   #19  
in development

Default Saturday morning

Good morning from an early train. Three credits already!

1. Have packed delicious food for the journey. (Usually do this.)
2. Bought cup of coffee to get me through the wet and dark stint of waiting for the train. Will swap this over with my (packed) breakfast. This is a new and brilliant idea of mine for this leg of the journey.
3. Am doing regular body scans, top to toe, to avoid any unnecessary tension creeping in.
4. Bonus credit. Packed a small cushion & large scarf, just like I always do.

Have a good Saturday, everyone!
Old 11-04-2017, 06:07 AM   #20  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Saturday - Entrance to King Tut’s tomb discovered (1922, Valley of the Kings, Egypt)

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Walk, CREDIT moi, included taking a tour of a single-family house being modified by a developer into three condos. That's the new thing. Old houses are chopped up. Space is being dug to park three cars underground. I found a neighbor who shares my interest in these things to whine about the loss of space for kids to be outdoors. At the supermarket, it was a pleasure to see no Halloween candy - especially that awful 50% off stuff that has grabbed me in the past.

Eating was on plan, CREDIT moi, included still not eating the two Kit Kat bars sitting in the kitchen. I was moved to have tuna fish salad for lunch that's a favorite when I add capers to make it salty. Since we had dreamy white beans for dinner, I was ready to call it a vegetarian day until I remembered that tuna fish isn't vegetarian. There needs to be another word like red-meatless-day since that's the food that I'm trying to limit. Evening snack was some peeled apple slices abandoned by the DGD. Cleaning up food behind small kids is usually a problem, but this was a treat.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Neat to barrel forth by ignoring the urge to research "every little research question that arises." There's no easy limit to the depth of digging so easily available with google.

silverbirch – Love your unique use of 'escape velocity' - think I'll steal that for the issue of getting out of a gathering when either DW or I are dawdling more than the other. I hear you with "but an actual book is nice." Congrats for achieving escape velocity to make it to the train this morning.

nationalparker – Can't do better than "Healthy food and ample water." It must be a challenge to have a friend with the problem of keeping weight on.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 5 Week 1 - Get Ready: Lay the Groundwork

day 1 Record the Advantages of Losing Weight

Use Your Advantages Response Card

When and how you read your Advantages Response Card is important, since it will help you strengthen your motivating voice and weaken your sabotaging voice. There are two circumstances when you'll need to read your card:
1. Daily, at scheduled times. Read your card at least twice a day, at specific times - exactly when is up to you. You might find reading it before meals helps you stick to your eating plan. You also might decide to read it during typically difficult times of the day when you have trouble controlling your appetite; for many people this is in the hour before lunch, in the late afternoon, and/or in the middle of the evening. . . .

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), Pg 59.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:41 AM   #21  
Green Tomatoes

Most of the mysterious weight disappeared. Yay!

Today's going to be a very challenging day for food. I'm meeting some people at a coffee house this morning, then participating in a vigil. I'll have less than twenty minutes at lunch time before I run a meeting, which isn't enough time to eat my usual salad.

My first thought was: I'll have a late breakfast at the coffee house and skip lunch. But I know what my brain does with that sort of plan -- I'll make way too decadent of a choice for breakfast and, then, up-size my afternoon snacks with the thought "I skipped lunch!" So, just no.

I'm going for creative and weird -- salad for breakfast. I'll have a chai at the coffee house I'll pack cereal in a baggy to eat in the car between things. Then my normal snacks and supper. That has the added advantage of getting me to wash lettuce first thing so it will be available later in the day, too.

I completed my NaNoWriMo writing in record time yesterday -- the time that I'd like to be using for this project each day. I caught an easy scene, so we'll see if I'm able to keep it up. Today will be an anomaly. The coffee house meet-up is a write-in. I haven't tried writing with others this year -- I'm not sure if I'll be quicker or slower. I'm hoping that my niece will join us.

Weigh-in: -0.6 kg, Exercise: +20, 115/1200 minutes for November

nationalparker: lentil pear soup sounds like a fun thing to try. I was making a winter dish with fresh fennel and pears a few years ago -- I'll have to look that up again.

silverbirch: wishing you good travels today -- I love your travel credits.

BillBlueEyes: You had a pescatarian day. If you ate no red meat, you'd be a pesco-pollo-vegetarian (but I think that might be a joke).
Old 11-04-2017, 09:24 AM   #22  
Enjoying la bella vita

Oh, I really hope that works for you and you enjoy it - the salad for breakfast, GardenerJoy. Good luck with your meetings! I've been doing that a few days a week for the past couple of months and I look forward to it. It's filling I love my balsamic flavors (pineapple is the current one) and I get in several cups of veg before the meals that typically hold the main veg for me! I was just telling my DH that I don't know if I'll still look forward to it on the road in the dead of winter, but so far, so good. Sounds like you're on a good roll with with NaNoWriMo!

I slept in bursts of 45-minute spans all night long - frustrated. Finally to the point of hot flashes and they're coming in waves - very brief, but every hour or so. DH immediately asked, "hot flashes?" I said no, just temperature spikes. He accused me of denial.

News from home is DH called to say the washer AND dryer are both going (his first line was, Hi - what kind of washer and dryer do you want?). Dryer is not usable now ... he's repaired it many times and declared the next time (this time) would be the end. The repairs are not cheap belt ones. I said well, the washer isn't DEAD is it? No, but he's been saying it's on its last legs - and this is what drives me bonkers. It's not that old. My last one lasted 20 years. This one? Maybe seven. It sounds like a jet engine when it's running. Normally I love that sound - but not when it's coming from my laundry nook. SO he wants to get it squared away once and for all. For me, the more frugal one, this is a frustration. I was hesitant but then realized, it always falls on HIM to fix ... he's in his busiest season at work, and his work clothes are denim which get very dirty and need a good cleaning and prompt drying. It seems like everyone's price is the same, anyway, around our area. I asked him if he'd string our clothesline back up (he just took it down when we trimmed the tree), so at least on weekends I could hang dry items again.

Bill - Maybe a pescatarian day? Your neighborhood/community sounds like it's always at work! Credits for letting those tempting Kit-Kat bars wait. Is it in your plan to enjoy a stick or two of them as the days pass?

Silverbirch - I, too, really like your "escape velocity" term. My brother would always talk of visiting his MIL and they'd literally be walking out the door after packing up the car and she'd be saying things like, "Oh, you never did hang that frame, did you?" about something he'd not heard she wanted done... "Oh, I was so hoping that you'd tackle XYZ" ... I used to love to hear the stories because it cracked me up - my folks never did that. So they'd stop and do what it was she wanted - which was for them to stay a while longer.

OneByOne - Hope the weekend is going wonderfully. That sounds so relaxing - I'm looking forward to hearing about it! I would LOVE to do that with DH. I've looked at a few around us that let you bring your dog with you, which I'd like for the trails around them, but they're so pricey that I then go back to thinking, oh, we'll just stay home and save the $$. Which doesn't get us away! Looking forward to joining you in your restart. I always seem to like to restart with someone else, but then I slack off and have to RErestart! Maybe this is it for us!
Old 11-05-2017, 03:42 AM   #23  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Sunday - Guy Fawkes fails to blow up Parliament (1605, London)

Diet Coaches/Buddies – For those in Canada and the U.S. (excluding, of course, Arizona) today's the day to set the clock back one hour to end Daylight Saving Time (DST). It's not as late as your brain thinks it is. Go back to sleep. For those wondering who shifts their clocks when, look here. For those who haven't taken the time to think the obvious, Australia and Antarctica do it backward from the Northern Hemisphere. Europe shifted a week ago, presenting yet another reason why a tunnel is unlikely to be dug linking the two continents. DST is spelled correctly above, 'Saving' - it's not 'Savings'.

Eating remained on plan, CREDIT moi, without snacks. Lunch was my cherished sandwich: peanut butter, pecans, and banana on toasted whole wheat bread. I've wandered away from this staple to my chagrin since it's filling and helps my head stay on track. I had spasms of 'hunger' in the afternoon; a clue that it was just mind-hunger was that it wanted a stack of cookies - not just something to eat to assuage the hunger.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Late breakfast has never worked for me. Hope your "creative and weird" notion of salad for breakfast works.

nationalparker – Ouch for the interrupted sleep; hope that clears up in due course. Wishing your DH good luck in finding the right solution for the washer - dryer. It seems like "long ago and far away" when appliances could be repaired with a new belt. [My plan is for the Kit Kat bars to evaporate themselves without my help. Option B is for me to take them with me this morning where I can drop them off at the snack table where teenagers are known to roam and consume anything.]

Readers -
Quote:

There are two circumstances when you'll need to read your card: . . .
2. Whenever you find yourself struggling with cravings, temptation, or sabotaging thoughts. Some days, you might only need to pull out your card at scheduled times. Other days, when cravings are stronger, you might find yourself pulling it out repeatedly. For example, many dieters I counsel find that they need to review it more frequently on weekends and holidays than on weekdays.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:55 AM   #24  
in development

Default Sunday morning

Back home and this morning there's torrential rain. I don't think I have to go out so that's good.

Some of you may remember that I bought a new set of scales, perhaps two years ago. I decided on a mechanical set. This is because I know I don't want to become fixated by small changes in my weight. A rough indication of where the arrow is will do, which is just as well as the arrow moves around as I move, and I can't quite see the actual position because of reflection from the lights. I'm not sure how good this is for daily weighing, which I've been keen on in the past. Anyway, I've just hopped on and I think that I'm probably about two pounds down on the week. So it was worthwhile sticking to the plan when I was away. I have an idea in my mind of where I'd like the arrow to be next week so I hope to be sticking to the plan this week.

nationalparker, such a nuisance when the washing machine is on the way out. We don't have a dryer. It's too expensive to run and we can hang things outside or in the garden room, although this means a lot of running in and out. Denims do dry slowly though.

gardenerjoy, how did your salad/cereal swap work out? My muesli/coffee swap was OK but I don't think I'll be making it a regular part of my plan. I've just read Bill's comments that late breakfasts have never worked for him, and I think I agree. Now I'm only having one cup of coffee a day, the coffee was also a bit of a shock to the system that early in the morning. Credit to us both for creativity in our response to the challenges presented.

Bill, we sometimes have tuna brandade (tinned tuna, haricot beans, cheese) with salad. This is 'austerity' food from the Pauper's Cookbook by Jocasta Innes and it's excellent fast food for very hungry people when there is hardly any other food around. Ignore the waspish comments of the blog writer in the link. The pic of the recipe could be from my copy of the book which was a great standby when I left home and is still good now.

On with the day. The current challenge is to overcome some kind of jet lag, despite my ma and me being in the same time zone.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:05 AM   #25  
Green Tomatoes

My plan to switch breakfast and lunch worked like a charm. DH gave me a funny look when I fixed a salad for breakfast, but no other ill effects.

Yesterday's busy day has me feeling behind on everything -- NaNoWriMo, paperwork, meeting summaries. I'll take credit for being right on track for my exercise goal this month.

Today's priority will be planning the week rather than catching up. When I'm feeling behind, a good plan helps but rushing doesn't.

Weigh-in: -0.45 kg, Exercise: +45, 160/1200 minutes for November

nationalparker: I'm glad to know someone else eats salad for breakfast. My days always start off well if I get vegetables in breakfast, but usually it's in the form of a scramble with more veggies than egg.

BillBlueEyes: Thanks for all the DST information. I've been trying to help people with now we're on CST (Central Standard Time) and we were on CDT (Central Daylight Time). I think it confuses people that S stands for Saving (no s, I didn't know that) in one case and Standard in another. And the D moves around.
Looking things up this morning, I suddenly came up with the question, why is Coordinated Universal Time abbreviated UTC. Turns out that has a really weird answer, with international impact.

silverbirch: My swap worked well. Like you, I don't think I'll make it a regular habit but it's good to have a creative option on a challenging day.
I had to look up haricot beans when the recipe said to cook them for hours. Around here, we call those dried white beans 'navy beans' -- because they were a staple of sailors. Another name, according to Wikipedia, is 'boston bean' -- is that what you call them BillBlueEyes? A common recipe is Boston Brown Beans, but since they're in a brown sauce, I never thought about whether the bean was white or red. I've never been a fan, so I haven't made them myself. Haricot is a word I've only heard as an adult in the term Haricot verts, which are thin, short green beans with a fancy french name and a high price tag. I realize now that I've been thinking 'green beans' when I read haricots in British writing and that's wrong. Thanks for helping me clear that up!
Old 11-05-2017, 09:55 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good morning, Coaches.

Caught up on posts.

Nationalparker: i absolutely agree it is imperative to make time for things that nourish your body and soul. that is all we really have that is valuable. Otherwise we are hamsters on a treadmill. I have found on hour between my pt appointment and school to grocery shop. I go to one of three stores every week rotating. I have a running menu plan and I have been so happy to NOT shop on Saturdays. Also massages with hubby and long walks sound like the perfect thing. I am going to continue to brutally cut time at work so I can fit these things in.

gardenerjoy: Thanks for reminding me about veggie scrambles. I will put time in at Trader Joes because I think that have them pre chopped. This will force me to use them up.

silverbirch: Credit for weighing on the scales and congrats for two pounds down. That is a big deal.

BBE: Who is the Kitkat destined for DW, DGD? These thing I must know

I took quite a hit on Thursday from which I am still reeling. The new shrink methodically went through my history (90 minutes) and came up with the diagnosis of hypomania. Those of you who have been on the blog for sometime know that I have struggled with blues, thoughts of self harm and explosions. I have done many things over thirty year to moderate and manage symptoms. This diagnosis is a blow and very scary for me.My extended family has a history of mental illness and I am constantly battling to NOT be like them. Then here comes this diagnosis. It feels like a failure even though all my friends and immediate family around me say it is no difference than a diagnosis of high blood pressure or diabetes. Hypomania is under the umbrella of bipolar disorders. It is not the lows or depression. It is not mania which is the frenzied periods people experience. Although hypomania can become both.the shrink said my brain makes too much "amphetamine" which creates elongate d burst of energy which is followed by sleeplessness because mind won't shut off. She said some of the the greatest works of art, the most beautiful buildings, the most courageous acts in history have been a result of hypomania. This doesn't really make me feel better.

On to my gratitude list. I have done a wonderful job tracking my food with my new program. Weight is at ticker. I can control tracking my food which will be crucial during the necessary period of finding the right medication for me. I told her that meds that cause weight gain are not acceptable. If I continue to track, we will have concrete data. This first med, for instance, might need a diruretic. I'll know if I don't lose that is the problem because I have been completely on track. Also on the gratitude list is reading this blog and realizing that those of you with loved ones diagnosised with cancer face a far more heart breaking diagnosis. This is all very humbling but there are solutions. Thanks all for reading.

Last edited by maryann; 11-05-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:20 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5'2

Hi Coaches! We went to our stomach cancer awareness event yesterday. It was great to connect with people that are experiencing the same issues as DH and myself as a caregiver. Sometimes I read what people are whining about on facebook, and I roll my eyes at the petty things that really don’t matter.
Today I am packing for my trip to Florida; leaving in a few days but I hate packing and like to get it done early. I am so excited and feel so fortunate to take a vacation, as long as DH continues to be okay. Hotel includes breakfast and there is a mini fridge in the room, so I can cut costs and calories by bringing half of dinner home for next days lunch.

Maryann- I keep meaning to mention this book called Crooked: Outwitting the Back Pain Industry and Getting on the Road to Recovery. It’s written by an investigative journalist with her own back pain issues and very interesting, maybe it could help you with your back issues.
Mental health/illness stuff is very hard, I applaud you for constantly working on it.

Silverbirch- thanks for the tuna brandade recipe. Like gardenerjoy, I associate haricot with green beans, which would be a different taste entirely!
Nationalparker- glad your trip continues so rewarding, and that you have a coworker helping you out. Frustrating to have machines wear out so quickly.
Bill- I find myself wondering how much sleep you get, you post quite early some days! Your sandwich sounds quite tasty.

Karen- hope you are doing well. Can't wait to hear how your kitchen is!
Old 11-05-2017, 10:58 PM   #28  
Enjoying la bella vita

A good day - we went over to my SIL's ex-husband's again this evening for dinner and viewing of the documentary of the making of the Cirque Beatles show Love - a fun few hours. Nice that there is a lot of love and support for all in the same city here. I have been cozied up on the couch for a lot of the time, chatting with my brother, watching football with him today, and reading some cozy Christmas novels getting in the holiday mood. I have been unsuccessful in trying to get my DH to commit to when he will be taking vacation around Christmas, to know when I'm coming back. That is very important to me - even just to be able to say, I'll see you in XX weeks. I like this time that it will be a quick return. The chemo, while holding steady on the tumor, has really taken it out of my brother. It's hard to see, but so good to spend this time.

Food was good until tonight when before bed (but after a very light dinner) I ended up eating some granola - it's not on the plan wheat/sugar-wise, but I was hungry and had already drank a good bit of water. No idea where the scale will land when I weigh on Friday after being home.

I fly home late tomorrow, landing after midnight. It'll be a hard turnaround for work on Tuesday. I wish I could just wake up, go in and then work eight hours and get off whenever that would work out to be instead of having a set start time.

CurlyJax - I'll wave in passing to you as I fly home from Florida and you're heading that way. Be prepared that the mosquitoes are still in full force. I got bitten up this evening when a door was left open.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:23 AM   #29  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Monday - Adolphe Sax born. Invents saxophone (1814, Belgium)

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Major success was the minor step of having no snacks at happy hour in the morning. CREDIT moi since there were three tables that included homemade goodies as well as the expected bowls of leftover Halloween candies that some fine folks brought in to try to snooker others into consuming. I left earlier than I normally would because the sight of so much food was hard to ignore. One goal in life is to be able to take of tour of Charlie's Chocolate Factory without taking a sample. (I've never been to Hershey, Pennsylvania.)

I got several things done from my to-do list that have been bugging me. The longer an item remains on the list the harder it is for me to resolve. I got out a couple of emails and a phone call that needed to be done. CREDIT moi for living my life.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Yay for surviving a funny look from your DW to your salad for breakfast. [You introduce my favorite topic - time. A great quote about UTC is: "The ITU felt it was best to designate a single abbreviation for use in all languages in order to minimize confusion. Since unanimous agreement could not be achieved on using either the English word order, CUT (coordinated universal time), or the French word order, TUC (temps universel coordonnι), the acronym UTC was chosen as a compromise." The French and the English have had their knickers in a knot about time ever since the French lost the battle to have the Prime Meridian declared as going through the Paris Observatory in Paris instead of the Greenwich meridian. Apparently, it's not that difficult to get the French and the English to disagree, LOL. Locally, we say Boston Baked Beans instead of "Boston Brown Beans."]

silverbirch – Congrats on those two pounds dropped during a busy week. Neat to have a goal as a visualization of where you want the arrow to be on your scale. [When I told DW about your amazing recipe for tuna brandade, she reminded me that tuna casserole was the equivalent American dish that is beloved and then outgrown as one tires of casseroles in general and particularly ones that start with a can of Condensed Cream of Mushroom soup. The word 'brandade' sounds much more yummy than 'casserole', LOL.]

maryann - Kudos for sanely pursuing your doctor's designation of a new word. My serious fondness for CBT is that I don't have to have a label for whatever I am. [Alas, the Kit Kat bars have no designated consumer since DW doesn't like them and DGD is not to be offered candy in our house. Your question prompts me to wonder why I'm so devoted to leaving them visible in the kitchen. I missed the opportunity to drop them off yesterday.]

nationalparker – Sounds like the extended family is making a great support group for your DB. Hope you have an uneventful flight home this evening.

curlyjax - It's terrific that you've found a group that supports both you and your DH. I admire anyone that can pack early since I'm never finished until the hour before leaving the house. [Yep, early morning is my favorite time of day. However, I admit that yesterday I got a bit ahead of myself and went back to bed for a nap before sunrise, LOL.]

Readers -
Quote:

Using your card effectively requires that you do more than simply read the words. Every time you read an advantage, think to yourself, How important is this to me? Rating each benefit in this way makes you think more carefully than if you simply allow your eyes to quickly glance at the words. This active process of reflection further helps you internalize these reasons and commit them to memory, allowing you to answer your sabotaging voice whenever it tries to convince you that it's okay to stray from your diet.

Old 11-06-2017, 08:18 AM   #30  
Green Tomatoes

The time change meant I was hungry an hour earlier than I wanted to be all day. Totally predictable, but I didn't predict it. By the time of my second snack, I ended up eating something that would keep me full. That worked, but I gained a pound, so I'll want a different solution if I have that problem again today.

The weather made the day weird, too. We had sunshine in the morning with a prediction for severe storms in the late afternoon when I usually walk. I took my walk at 10am. Credit for making it happen. We got some rain but the worst of the storms slipped around us. Some folks east of us got golf-ball sized hail. We had a high of 79 yesterday. We'll be in the lower 50s today.

I made my plan for the week. It relies on my catching up on NaNoWriMo today and getting a number of other things done as well. Good thing I'm starting early!

Credit for making a food plan for today that is informed by yesterday's hunger but doesn't go overboard.

Weigh-in: +0.45 kg, Exercise: +40, 200/1200 minutes for November

maryann: Good for you for using the need for medication to motivate a logical and tracked approach to food. That's going to be so helpful for making decisions.

curlyjax: I always make detailed packing lists and, often, do a 'practice pack' before a trip. I wonder if the idea that most people just throw a few things into a suitcase comes from movies rather than reality. I keep my packing lists (on the computer, now) and make notes about anything that I wished I'd packed or wished I didn't. Over the years, my packing lists have improved!

nationalparker: Football and cozy Christmas novels sound like a good way to experience the season -- especially in Florida when the weather isn't much help for a holiday mood.

BillBlueEyes: We have a small library of books on time. Mostly DH reads them and tells me about them. But I've had some curiosity recently about other cultures concepts of time, so he's got a reading list for me.
Closed Thread