Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 09:13 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5'2

Hi Coaches. I was distracted last week by applying for a job which sounds wonderful, but is full time and a little farther away from home.I hadn’t been thinking about applying for jobs as its going to be a busy year with DD applying for college, but it was too good not to try. I haven’t heard anything from them yet, but today I am thinking this may not be a good idea now after all, as DH threw up 3 times last night. He has a few other symptoms too, although the most recent cat scan showed no growth of cancer, just the same. But the vomiting worries me, that has always been a bad sign. I do have good sick time and vacation time with this job and they have been great about DH illness so I should probably just stay put.
So thanks for letting me write this all out here
In other news, the house across the street is for sale (the grumpy guy who passed away recently) so hopefully we’ll get some nice neighbors. Some young folks with a baby would be great!
Wave to all, happy weekend!
Old 09-30-2017, 10:27 AM   #152  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Smile Weightloss Advantages - New! and Improved!

Coaches:

I haven't done a weightloss advantages list in a long time and just now I did that and posted it here. it's very "public-oriented" and reflects my increasing role of having to be out there in the public meeting people and doing things.
I've always done that but it's amping up as I teach more, do more public art, have more ideas to do more public art, continue to do art shows that are on a higher level ie. more professional grade than before. I like all levels so I am always doing stuff. My schedule is dictated by what I apply to and what I am then accepted into. It's what caused such a jamming up of stuff and deadlines and events over the summer. Summer is, sadly, short and it's always been a busy time closely followed by xmas season selling. I am slowly edging towards applying to the very big xmas shows, possibly next year, if I am not going to grad school which is still on the table but at age 53, should I do that? Do I need to? Do I want to: Yes. But how much better will my life be or feel to me with a Masters or without? Not sure. I will apply though and see if I have to make that choice or not. I would need an offer of acceptance to some venerable institution of higher education to make me consider this further.(Note to self: it was exciting to me to write that so perhaps I do want that more than I allow myself to think...! Hmmm!)

OK. Here is my advantages list circa this last day of September 2017.

Weightloss Advantages

-shopping at the thrift stores for clothes to save money and having lots of choices
-not worrying so much about picture days
-having a body that moves around more easily
-feeling lighter than I do now
-knowing I am supporting my health now and for the future
-ending the endless mind chatter of "I need to lose weight"
-wearing high heels again because my lighter body will be easier for the heels of my feet to support
-the feeling of accomplishing a long standing goal
-not worrying about sitting on lawn chairs or seats with arms or on amusement park rides or in airplane seats or in the middle of three people crammed into the back seat of a car
-eliminating the "concern" of others due their perception of my health based on my size
-just not having to always always always revisit this subject in the same way that I have done for 4 decades. Wow. What freedom would that be?

curlyjax: I hope all those changes happening turn out to be good ones. Maybe the new neighbours will become great friends!?

Billblueeyes: I've read In Cold Blood. Chilling. But don't read it, see the movie Capote. It's all about Capote writing In Cold Blood. You'll get the life story of the man AND the writing of the book WITH NO READING. Amazing. As for Warhol... fascinating. He does deserve the recognition he gets. I believe it. You could go here--is that a day trip for you from Boston?? or too far away for a drive? I'd love to go too.

Last edited by onebyone; 09-30-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:01 PM   #153  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Posting on the last day of September as a way to make it easier to start a daily posting habit again in October.

BillBlueEyes: among the many things that kept me from posting this week was a "hard hat tour" of the Museum Building, one of the oldest buildings on the grounds of the Missouri Botanical Garden. It's been closed to the public for decades. To re-open it, they need handicap accessibility, lead abatement, modern HVAC, and many other things. But they're getting there! It will have a small, very modern addition on the side. The original Victorian wood and glass display cases will remain. Unfortunately, the original ceiling mural couldn't be preserved -- but it turned out it wasn't as original as we all thought. They took it down very carefully, a layer at a time, and realized that it had been "restored" in 1930s to something that wasn't nearly as masterful as the original. They've got a cool process for recreating it on canvas.
So, anyway, put the Missouri Botanical Garden on your bucket list for some time after March and you'll get to see the completed project. I love giving guided tours to friends!
I saw the librarian news in my Facebook feed. If Massachusetts can work out race issues using children's books, that would be great. Much less stressful than the way we're working through things in St. Louis right now. My attempt to support student protesters meant that I got called to the principal's office this week. I was amused and annoyed about how intimidating that was.

silverbirch: you asked (several days ago) about the theme of our book group -- we read books about race in America. We've been together for nine years, since a tragedy in our community caused us to open conversations about race.

onebyone: I used the word 'slog' the other day and thought "what a great word. Definitely need to use that more."
Old 09-30-2017, 08:35 PM   #154  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

I'm up dreadfully late for me, trying to stave off an attack of cystitis. I've no idea where this came from and it's a nasty shock. Fingers crossed it just goes away and doesn't come back.

gardenerjoy, I was wondering whether your book club had stuck with books about race and thought you might have done, given where you live and what's going on. Your involvement in the community has meant that I always read the news about Ferguson and St Louis, and feel much better informed when we talk here about different aspects of the US. So, thank you. It's 1st October here already but I'll see you tomorrow!

onebyone, before I turned out the light (and before I decided I really had to get out of bed) I was starting to read the green book again on my Kindle. Good idea of yours to put a new list of advantages together. I think I'll join you.

curlyjax, putting in an application is good practice for the next time, of course, if you decide against this job. Sorry to hear that DH isn't feeling too good.

karen, you can do it, just for a day!

Bill, good work avoiding those small packs of cookies which are just a scam.

See you later today, I expect. I may crawl back to bed in a moment.
Old 09-30-2017, 09:41 PM   #155  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Today rushed by; we got so, so much done, but as always, there is more to do. Front room has one row of flooring left to do and two more small pieces in closet. We'll be one piece short and need to go to Sam's to get another carton. Seriously! Did marketing and forgot one item, so will hit that tomorrow - it's just to do a milk chocolate and peanut butter bark for DH to take into his office and for me to take into mine if enough. I forgot the PB. We use raw almond butter so no swap there. I made that chicken/ch. andouille sausage gumbo for dinner tonight - takes forever to make, but DH really enjoyed it. Have sliced strawberries ready for a dessert. For brunch tomorrow, I'm prepping a maple pear apple baked oatmeal dish, so want to measure out the dry ingredients tonight, so in the morning it's just chopping pears and apples, mixing and baking. Then that covers breakfast Monday and Tuesday, too, I think...

Bill - I JUST (last week) checked out In True Blood audiobook since i read it was on several folks' top books lists. I listened to a lot of it but honestly, wasn't riveted and stopped. So will follow OneByOne's advice and check out Capote.

CurlyJax - Fingers crossed that your DH's vomiting isn't leading to something else and that he doesn't get dehydrated. That is always a concern with the chemo, isn't it. So quick for the system to get out of whack. Your good insurance and the office's understanding on DH is good to remember. Always good to apply and see, though!
Old 10-01-2017, 03:51 AM   #156  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the October 2017 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on:
You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:.
Closed Thread