Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: ?/136/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Decluttering November 2016

It's November and I'm starting to feel motivated as I have more energy and time.
First I'll see if this new thread works, then I'll make some goals. What about you?
karenrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:08 AM   #2  

For me it isn't all about decluttering, but also some redecorating. For the decluttering part I am going to start by cleaning out my small desk in the entry. For the redecorating the list includes: ordering a new sectional which I think we will do today, find a new chair for the family room, get rid of the rocking chair and move two other chairs in the house, find new cushions for the new sectional and see if stools are still good enough to get recovered for under the parsons table. Lastly, get two watercolors that we purchased in Peru framed for the family room. Okay, that's a start.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:54 PM   #3  

I just thought I'd report in to say I went through the small desk and got rid of numerous things including many cards. There are a couple of small calendars that I can probably toss, but I want to look through them first.

Yesterday we ordered the sectional for the family room which should be here by Christmas. Dh says whoa on the other things until we get a through other things taken care of including the bathroom repair, which may be expensive (depending upon how much insurance will cover) and paying for the puppy when we pick him up.

I am still wishing I had a little more energy, like when I was 40. Not sure yet why I don't. Maybe it's because I'm 63, but I am working on it anyway.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:19 AM   #4  

I just need a place to be accountable to get something done today, so this is the place. The contractor should be here shortly to start on the bathroom tear out and redo. Once they are started and any questions are answered I will: Finish getting my backpacking gear put away, (still need to take the tent out and give it a shake and a wipe down), Clean the other two bathrooms, Vacuum the side of the house that they aren't working in and give the office a more thorough cleaning including finish filing.

I reread my post from above where I complained about my energy. I'm thinking it is mostly mental. When I was out hiking the Grand Canyon I had plenty of energy. I just don't have the energy to think of what I want to do at home and then do it. I say I would like more of a routine, but I don't seem to do anything about it. I'll continue to ponder on it. I'm thankful to have this place.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:18 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

I always think about decluttering and I have "my" proven method which keeps my environment pretty liveable right now. That said, this ongoing gardening project has gone far longer than I would have ever expected. Digging unfrozen ground in November is a rarity. So....

It snowed this morning and it's melting already but I go back to the "real" job tomorrow so I don't want to start anything new in the yard. I have several procrastinated projects it would be great to accomplish. I also know I do really well when I make things "fun". So.....

I decided to make a list of all rooms in the house and accomplish something procrastinated in each today. I'll share:

Office-file State taxes and fix my sister's pearl earrings.
Bedroom-wash bedding
TV Room-change light bulb on my end table which has been burned out for months.
Living Room-finish the hat I've been knitting that's sitting on the table in the bay window AND wash the "doggie" window on the stairs which is opaque with nose prints.
Upper hallway-wash the floor
Bathroom-split the new Clorox bottle with the empty that's been sitting on the floor for several months.
Kitchen-take all paint downstairs (and associated equipment)
Laundry Room-put away contents of a drawer my hubby pulled stuff out of.
Dining Room-put away anything that doesn't belong in that room.

Wow! I WILL do these all today and lighten my load.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:50 AM   #6  

I just want to write my to do list for the day so I can come back and report if I've completed it or not.

Vacuum, mop and treat hardwood floors
Vacuum carpeted rooms
Dust all the furniture
Pull out the fridge and clean behind it and above it
Wash all the dishes on the open shelves and clean shelves
Wash Italian dishes from hutch and replace them
Decorate the Christmas tree
Set out other Christmas decorations including Nativity sets
Put all the Christmas boxes back in the garage
Launder the bedding and remake the bed

Take some breaks during the day so the above can be accomplished
Old 11-30-2016, 06:00 PM   #7  

Vacuum, mop and treat hardwood floors - YES
Vacuum carpeted rooms - YES
Dust all the furniture - YES
Pull out the fridge and clean behind it and above it - YES
Wash all the dishes on the open shelves and clean shelves - YES
Wash Italian dishes from hutch and replace them - YES
Decorate the Christmas tree - No, only put the tree skirt on
Set out other Christmas decorations including Nativity sets - YES except nativity sets
Put all the Christmas boxes back in the garage - YES the ones I was finished with
Launder the bedding and remake the bed - YES

Although I didn't complete the entire list, I also went to the grocery store, Costco, took a load to Goodwill and have 11,400 steps on my Garmin without going for a walk or hike. I'm done for the day.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

Please fill me in on clutter and weight management relationship.

I used to have a clutter problem until I decided to do something everyday.
I mean there are regular chores like dishes, trash, laundry, floors and toilets.
However I needed a method for eliminating things that accumulate in places it shouldn't.
First I designated a storage area. That made a whole new problem for me personally and I hate remembering it as just a huge mess that was impossible to clean.

I pick 1 room a week .
I have a large tub on wheels. It's almost as long as an ironing board.
I take it into the room. I pick a corner and remove everything that doesn't belong an go around the room clockwise until all clutter has been put in the tub.
I then roll the large tub to the center of the house and carry everything to its place. I try not to just redistribute clutter that doesn't belong in my life or home. I have another tub that is for donating to charity.

My motto is a little bit of clutter is OK, But alot of clutter is unacceptable. Basically if I have a party of friends over I must be able to gather all the clutter into the large tub.
FROM time to time I get lax and me and family accumulate more clutter. But at least I know of method that enables me to get after it. No matter what the others I live with do. I hold myself accountable. Rather than be a Naggasaurus Rex about it , I just put their stuff where I want it . No matter how much they complain about me dealing with their clutter. I'm much happier with the common areas being acceptable to receive company .

Sometimes I need to spend a whole weekend drinking coffee and getting it all done. I know I'm much happier than having feeling's of resentment of others and or feeling of disappointment in myself.

I once heard something on a radio Interview can't remember who or when.
The difference between rich persons homes and poor persons homes. Is mold.
So that has been a big priority for me. I take it upon myself to Control the air quality inside my house.
It keeps me motivated to keep after it. I keep getting older so I think I'm on the right track.

Last edited by Pang; 01-08-2017 at 11:45 AM.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote