Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 09:35 AM   #1  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up Decluttering: May 29-June 12, 2016

Two weeks of decluttering. What would you like to clean up, toss, clear out?
Post your wish lists, to-do lists, accomplishments here. Make a commitment and keep it for the glory of your personal space.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:45 AM   #2  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Happy NEW TWO week session!!

Today I WILL!!

1. Have all dishes washed
2. Have all counter tops cleaned off
3. Have the nest area around my living chair cleaned
4. Have all the clean clothes put away
5. Washed 2 (or more) loads of clothing

to all those needing a little extra boost today!

BTW - thank you onebyone for starting this thread
Old 06-01-2016, 08:55 AM   #3  
persist

Thumbs up To Do on June 1st

Hi Beloved Warrior!

That's a good to-do list. I see many of my own to-do's on your list.

I am not sure what I will get to today but I'd like to make it a practice to do one thing at least everyday to move forward this month. If I do more, great, but if not, I want this to be my baseline. I will post my accomplishment here.

Today's task: put all the clean dishes away.done.

Last edited by onebyone; 06-01-2016 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:15 AM   #4  

onebyone ... I agree with you about like lists. Once when you listed a very detailed list it encouraged me that I wasn't alone in this struggle of putting order in my life. Let's try to spur one another along

Today I WILL!!

1. Finish and put away ALL dishes
2. Clean off ALL counter tops
3. Clean and put away stuff around the nest area
4. Wash all laundry (about 4 loads)

Yesterday's list:

I did ... take a walk first thing in the morning
I did ... pick up all items on bedroom floor
I did ... clean off the couch of clean clothes
I did ... spend time preparing for a bible study I lead on Wednesday

1. Have all dishes washed about 3 sink loads left
2. Have all counter tops cleaned off didn't start
3. Have the nest area around my living chair cleaned didn't start
4. Have all the clean clothes put away STARTED
5. Washed 2 (or more) loads of clothing didn't start

WE CAN DO THIS!!

Last edited by BelovedWarrior; 06-01-2016 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:47 PM   #5  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Thank you both for keeping this active and on-going. I knew May would be basically a "no progress" month, just trying to keep my head above water and got through it, so now ... onward! I keep a steno pad type of listing for the non-routine things I want to do (learn how to paint a patio umbrella, what do I need, DO it ... weed back patio garden and finish mulching) but now and then the daily tasks (empty dishwasher/do handwashing) creep in on it. Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't discount the daily tasks!

My goal is to do those two projects - paint the large patio umbrella and finish up the gardening around the patio area. Another Goodwill dropoff that I need to do because it's mixed in with things I'm holding onto until we drive back to Florida for my former job - items they say they'd like but I'm not spending $$$ shipping as they're very heavy. Would like to end Sunday with both projects done.

Tonight's goals - homemade dinner and kitchen cleaned up. Vac LR. Laundry (finish two loads).
Old 06-02-2016, 08:30 AM   #6  
persist

Thumbs up moving ahead

Hello

nationalparker
: how will you paint your umbrella?I knew tye-dye makers who tye-dyed their umbrella! That is beyond me. What about stencilling? Cut out a simple shape, thinking daisy flower, five petals, and stencil this all over it? use the existing colour as your backdrop. To me, less work and more fun!

beloved warrior: how are you this morning? Good start on your list! I see you share the sinkloads of dishes. I'm assuming no dishwasher for you either??

Today's tasks:
1 & 2) clear kitchen table and floor.
3) wash kitchen floor=buy new mop or whatever to get that done.

Last edited by onebyone; 06-02-2016 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:24 AM   #7  

Good Day – all

Yesterday was a train wreck – I had to lead a study so I spent time finalizing my preparation. Then there was the study. Then hung out yakking… then drive pick something up, then home. Cook because I was starving, then fell asleep in my chair, and then went to another meeting. Got home late.

So what was accomplished is:
1. washed one load of clothes
2. and cooked up the Italian chicken sausage before it went bad

Today I WILL!!

1. Hang out laundry already washed / fold / put away
2. Begin to fill out two (long) paper work –forms
3. Finish and put away ALL dishes
4. Clean off ALL counter tops

I’d also like to:
Clean and put away stuff around the nest area
And, clean out car – put give away clothes boxes in car.
We’ll see – I have absolutely nothing on the calendar today – so I should be able to get stuff done.

Nationalparker: Glad you didn’t drown and you made it to shore I have started to make a daily list on my phone. And, like you – I make it very detailed. Because I have trouble standing for a long period of time … I do my tasks for about 10 minutes each. So, my list might look like this: dishes / pick up clothes / read chapter / dishes / scrub toilet … etc. I check them off as I do them. Hey – whatever works – right Question – when you drive back to Florida for your former job – will you be moving to Florida for a period of time to work? Or, just visit? What part of Florida??

Onebyone: Great ideas for the umbrella. I was going to say – you are so creative – but then I remembered – ah, yeah!! She’s an ARTIST!! BTW – how have the shows been going? Any sales?? I’d love to see your work. I think I asked before if you have a website – don’t remember the answer (sorry). Thanks for asking – I’m doing well. Quite pumped – it’s (I love the sun) and an open calendar today and Friday… Woo hoo! Yup, no dishwasher. I’m not a big fan! I think they take so long and so much water, and then the dishes tend to sit in there, because I don’t remove and put away. ARGH! When I do have one, I use it as my dish strainer

Okay, chickadees … let’s hit it hard and make a bunch of check marks on our lists today!

WE CAN DO THIS!!
Old 06-03-2016, 09:30 AM   #8  
persist

Default friday

Yesterday's tasks are today's tasks:
1 & 2) clear kitchen table and floor.
3) wash kitchen floor=buy new mop or whatever to get that done.

also: clean counters
clear off chaise
straighten up living room (HVAC guy here tomorrow=landlord will be too)
Old 06-03-2016, 08:29 PM   #9  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

In true form, I added in a project that I've had on my To Do list for a long while ... and feel good to have that nearly done (memorial stone - I have MY part done...the glass pieces cut up and in the design I want.) Got the marketing and laundry done. Drove a bit away to a market to use a 5% off coupon that expired this weekend. Hope it was worth the $6 off. Hm.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:50 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I've been spending a lot of time working out in the yard and last week I lost part of my days off due to taking my mom to an appointment and finishing up the rental project. When I did have free time on Saturday I did spend it all in the yard. Yesterday it became apparent that I was starting to fall behind in the house.

Since I'd like to keep gardening I just started getting things back in order yesterday. Last evening when I was in the kitchen I really noticed my lack of freedom due to things being all over the place. I still had a paint brush and roller in the sink along with a big bowl where I was trying to wash my incoming vegetables . DH had brought in a bunch of lilacs which were dying and there was other stuff all over the counters. I wanted my freedom back so I decided to spend 15 minutes in the evening rather than wake up to the same thing in the morning. I got stuff cleaned up and felt so much better when I got up today.

The space that was really bugging me this morning was the bedroom. Carpet needed vacuuming and all the bedding needed washing, including all the dogs bed stuff on the floor. In addition, my bedside table has been bugging me because I spilled some essential oil on it and it peeled the paint off. I was already up early since I had to be at work at 5:30 AM so I just decided to do it. I started with all the bedding and was able to finish two loads before work. I got all the pet blankets into the washer when I get home this evening and I think they are in the dryer right now. I just had a tired moment LOL I vacuumed and dusted and went to the basement for the paint. I cleared off the table and took it into the bathroom and painted it. Smart move instead of trying to do it on the carpet. LOL Mattress cover and sheets have all been put back on I just have to get the blanket and the top sheet which shields where the cat sleeps. I will wake up in the morning to a clean bedroom.

Tomorrow when I wake up I will decide what's bugging me most. It will probably be a combination of the dining room table in my office. I did sit in the office and pay bills the other night.

My friend came over this afternoon and wanted to give me a bunch of clothes. I politely declined. It's been really helpful for me to not take the hand-me-downs anymore. Mostly the clothes don't work for me and then it just ends up being another something I have to deal with. Much simpler for me to just say no. No choice.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-07-2016 at 07:53 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:18 PM   #11  

I was a bout to say I'm getting no where fast, but then I read my list from last Wednesday and I realized I did get a few things accomplished ...

My list stated:

1. Hang out laundry already washed / fold / put away
2. Begin to fill out two (long) paper work –forms

I DID get one of the forms completed (it took all day Thurdays) That monkey's off my back!

And, I washed all the laundry in the house, dried it and folded it (still need to put away).

Oh - and I trimmed bushes, ferns, and trees - but I still have to rake them up.

So, it's not exactly nothing. I have family in from out of state, so I've been a little busy with them. Today was a PJ day --- sat and read a book, did some dishes ... Tomorrow - I hit the road running ... from about 8am - 8pm. I see the family one more time and then they head back on Thursday.

getting your lists checked off!

And ... here's some

Lexxiss - great job attacking the "what's bugging me" items! That's a smart way of doing it ... and for giving yourself permission to NOT take the hand me downs!! I'm sure that's been a work in progress

NationalParker - WTG nearly completing that project. The memorial stone sounds like it will be very beautiful once it is completed. You seem to be a creative-one I'm sure the coupon was worth it --- I would have done the same thing

OneByOne - hope your week is going well ---

Last edited by BelovedWarrior; 06-07-2016 at 10:25 PM.
Closed Thread