Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 09:28 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 149/147/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Grrrr. Slightly Off plan day. Started with a morning meeting where I didn’t expect snacks. I tried to resist, but grabbed 3 items. Then early afternoon was a run-in with potato chips. My bf had stashed them in the cupboard. Without any sort of internal dialog, I opened the cupboard, saw them, grabbed a bowl and filled it. Sitting on the couch munching, I argued the sabotaging thought “It’s not my fault. I asked him to hide them”.

Then a half hour later I went back for a second bowl with more stellar logic “See! It IS his fault for putting slippery slope food in the cupboard”.

The problem I realize is (of course) NOT my bf and where he leaves his chips. It’s that I have NOT written any response cards.

Confession. No response cards. None. Never. Ever. Even though I’ve been doing Beck on and off for several years and I do MOST of the steps. I rewrite my advantages every day. I strategize approaches to problem areas in my JOURNAL, but I have not ever actually written a response to a sabotaging thought on a CARD. Why is that, I ask myself. Because I think I don’t “need” it? Like it's too elementary. That I’m “above” the need for that. I don’t know the why. But I do know that I WILL write some cards, beginning with ONE big one that says “NO CHOICE”. That’s the most effective deterrent for me. It’s the reply to 1001 sabotaging thoughts.

FutureFitChick: So glad nothing is broken. Hope you heal quickly.

NationalParker: Your mantra is very inspirational: “I CAN make the choices today, just for today” Yes, “just for today” is so so helpful to me, And I know what you mean about needing to measure. My dinner tonight, Sweet and Sour Pork although healthy in ingredients, I had TWICE the amount I needed. I like your idea of planning out a strength routine and writing it on cards. Great idea. And as to Italy. I know what you mean. I keep returning there. Other places try to lure me, but I keep being pulled back to Italy. I hope you’re able to free up time to make it back there one of these days.

Bill: I like your description of being annoyed at the “seasonally appropriate chill in the air” And kudos for “declaring” that an unexpected snack would be called “dinner” Great idea

KarenRN: Glad you and DH had a great trip, but bummer about catching a cold. Travel so often does that, I don’t know what it is.

onebyone: What a good idea to itemize ups and downs. Your Artrepreneur class sounds excellent.

Debbie R (Lexxiss): Oh that whole eviction process sounds so so stressful. Kudos to you for not “eating over it”

Have a great Friday everyone.
No if’s and’s or but’s about it.
Ani
Old 04-01-2016, 06:18 AM   #212  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the April 2016 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on:
You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:.
Closed Thread