Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 11:27 AM   #1  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Default Mini-Declutter - Mon Jan 25 - Sun Jan 31, 2016

onebyone, hope you don't mind if I get us started!

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 01-25-2016 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:28 AM   #2  
Green Tomatoes

Not much progress, but I did manage to keep up. And, I scheduled extra time this week to work on these things and similar items. I'd like to end January feeling much more caught up.

Mail stack. Current state: empty. Goal: empty.
Progress: kept up

Tickler. Current state: today. Goal: today.
Progress: caught up

In Box. Current state: one pill bottle to remind me to refill the prescription. Goal: empty.
Progress: kept up

Email. Current state: 721 total, 180 unread. Goal: empty.
Progress: 3 fewer total, 9 fewer unread

Checkbook. Current state: new statement arrived. Goal: balanced as soon as statement arrives.
Progress: scheduled a day to balance the checkbook

Credit cards. Current state: months behind. Goal: checked as soon as statements arrive.
Progress: scheduled a day to work on this
Old 01-25-2016, 01:01 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 2"

Finances: Up to date and all reconciled.

Credit Cards: Paid and reconciled.

Bookcase: One closest to Washer still needs a complete revamp and opportunity to organize photo albums. This week's project.

Sandy
Old 01-25-2016, 01:18 PM   #4  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: high water mark/working on it

Height: 5-4

I did not get to the "memory box" stack but did clear out other items and have the back of my car filled with bags, older printer for goodwill. DH is dropping off a fair amount of donations we've assembled for the local humane society. I can't drop off as I will want to take something home.

Tonight I'll try to get to that memory box project if time, but might have that be for mid-week. Remembering to drop Goodwill will be a plus.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:02 PM   #5  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

May I join in?

Micro-declutter goal: Find another place for the extra coffee pot that takes up precious space in my office - perhaps Goodwill.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Half the kitchen table cleared and also managed to clean out my refrigerator of some "lab" projects that had been developing for some time . Also managed to finish up my pantry organizing (for now). I've slowly been moving flour, sugar, and other baking goods from their packaging to more efficient and space saving canisters. A few items still need to be transferred but I don't have canisters for them yet. I'm pleased with the results and thankful that Google and Pinterest exist from which to steal worthy ideas

It will be a busy work week for me so my goal is to get the other half of the table cleared. I've set a reward of fresh cut flowers for it but only after it's cleared and not a moment before!
Old 01-26-2016, 12:15 AM   #7  
persist

S/C/G: 298/284/159

Height: 5' 6"

Default Back to business

Hello
Thanks gardenerjoy for starting the week for us. And good work in your decluttering. I see maintenance status in a few areas.

Hello to everyone back at it again.

I've been sick the past few days but after a miraculous healing nap this morning I've turned the corner. I think tomorrow I may be able to get back to the studio and make some progress.

I need some end goals for my studio space which I will aim for week by week until I make it happen.

END GOALS FOR STUDIO
1) clear table surface completely
2) gather like materials together
3) store like materials together
4) store loose artwork in tubes or bags or portfolios
5) move items to be stored out of studio and into storage space
6) clear desk top
7) clean coffee maker
8) remove flooring and wash it
9) replace flooring
10) install mini chandelier as visual reward for cleaning and setting up studio for the new year

I'll be back tomorrow with what I think I can accomplish in the next 24hrs.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'2

My projects this week are fill out a lengthy application for a work credential and get cleaning in prep for some company we're having next weekend, the house is pretty dirty!
Old 01-26-2016, 09:22 AM   #9  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
Micro-declutter goal: Find another place for the extra coffee pot that takes up precious space in my office - perhaps Goodwill.
I did it! I put it in a backpack and routed my walk past Goodwill. And there it sits for some proud new owner.

Thanks, guys.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:41 AM   #10  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Even though I am somewhat over-committed to challenges this month, I would like to join this one.

Starting off easy with a goal of clearing the dresser tops in the bedroom. A collection of papers and Things To Remove From The House is resting there.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:20 AM   #11  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: high water mark/working on it

Height: 5-4

At least I feel I'm making forward/continued progress here if not in weight loss. I went by Goodwill too, and dropped off a good sized load, and surprised DH who, I think, thought I'd forget.

Dishes were done and table set back up nicely after dinner - kitchen IS much nicer with completely cleared off counters (except for the items with permanent status - toaster, tea canister, fruit bowl, etc.) ... that remains my target for every night. Funny how it was done in my house growing up with my mom never once thinking about it - it was just how she kept the home.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:45 AM   #12  
Green Tomatoes

Mail stack. Current state: full of yesterday's mail that I fetched a few minutes ago. Goal: empty.

Tickler. Current state: today. Goal: today.
Progress: caught up

In Box. Current state: empty. Goal: empty.
Progress: ordered prescriptions to pick up today

Email. Current state: 720 total, 175 unread. Goal: empty.
Progress: 1 fewer total, 5 fewer unread

Checkbook. Current state: new statement arrived. Goal: balanced as soon as statement arrives.
Progress: pending

Credit cards. Current state: months behind. Goal: checked as soon as statements arrive.
Progress: pending
Old 01-26-2016, 01:51 PM   #13  
persist

S/C/G: 298/284/159

Height: 5' 6"

Default Spoke too soon

Another day to spend with a sore throat. Did not go out to studio.

Happy to read of everyone's progress and of our growing group.

A little does go a long way.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:01 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

onebyone, I hope you are feeling much better today!

I continue my daily process and have not gotten to posting. Last week in Glenwood I took my 2 boxes to thrift. They had been sitting in my office for awhile. I also grabbed my trash can full of office paper and dropped it off at recycle while running another errand. I'm headed back there today and it will be nice to have less clutter in my office.

It's been a harried week and while I kept up with laundry/dishes and kitchen counters clean....paperwork and other stuff started to build up. I didn't feel like doing any of it last night after work so I just went to bed early and got up early. I've been sorting/filing/purging/paying for about 2 hours now. I'm caught up and my space in my office feels so much better.

Clothes are in the dryer. Important since I need my work clothes to be clean and ready to go when I return.

I'm heading down to enjoy a cup of coffee and attack clutter that has built up on the dining room table.

I could have headed over to Glenwood yesterday after work but it is really more important to me these days to get my home back in order. I really notice the difference when I walk back in the front door after a trip over. It's either, yuk, or a happy feeling depending on the effort I have put in. I like that. It's my choice.

Onward and Upward!
Old 01-27-2016, 10:15 AM   #15  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Mon...worked on the wrong pile
Closed Thread