Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:05 AM   #1  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Default Mini-Declutter - Mon Jan 18 - Sun Jan 24, 2016

Here's our new thread. I don't think that onebyone will mind that I've started it.

Let's keep the ball rolling! We're doing very well. Slowly But Surely or Big Blitzes - they all count! Let's make our environment a much easier place to live in, and smooth our path to weight loss at the same time.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:11 AM   #2  
in development

It's a busy day for me today but I think I can manage to move the clay flowerpots to where the cuttings are, and the cuttings to where the flowerpots are. That's so I can see what's happening with the cuttings and take appropriate action.

The cuttings are mostly rosemary and lavender. The rosemary isn't a problem usually but the lavender seems to be tricky and I need more plants to replace some which died in a cold winter a few years ago.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:01 AM   #3  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Thumbs up new week!

silverbirch thanks for starting us off! I completely lost track yesterday but I did, finally, get the back from the brink! Yay.

This week I am facing work deadline pressures. So I will move forward by smaller steps. Each day though I can do something especially if it's broken down into steps.

Looking around I see I have a nice see through bin with lid. It's not used very well. I think today I will empty it out and re-assign it to something else. The goal is to empty out and break down one more box.

It is also "real" garbage day tomorrow. I want to toss a bunch of very old frozen food out of the freezer. That would help a lot.

I'll check in later.

one more thing-I need to completely clear off the tops of the tables in the kitchen/dining room area.

ok. bye!
onebyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:10 AM   #4  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I'm going to try to get the credit card project started today -- the last one on this list that hasn't seen any effort.

Mail stack. Current state: empty. Goal: empty.
Progress: Actually it turned out we hadn't fetched Saturday's mail. CREDIT for taking care of it as soon as it came in the house.

Tickler. Current state: today. Goal: today.
Progress: kept up

In Box. Current state: empty. Goal: empty.

Email. Current state: 705 total, 183 unread. Goal: empty.
Progress: 187 fewer total, 139 fewer unread

Checkbook. Current state: balanced. Goal: balanced as soon as statement arrives.

Credit cards. Current state: months behind. Goal: checked as soon as statements arrive.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:34 PM   #5  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

My project for this evening isn't so much a "decluttering" as a "finishing" it up ... every year I do a multi-page document with photos and notes of what the year held for DH and me. I then pdf it and print it and put it with the calendar and it makes it easier to remember things down the line. I stopped last year in November and just need to finish the last six weeks or so, review the photos since they jump around, pdf and prepare it to print. I've already started this year's before I forgot a few things, but need to wrap up last year's.

Cleaned up more of the sewing area last night and it looks pretty spiffy!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 02:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Greetings! I have been lurking on this thread; intrigued but also avoiding participating because it is exactly what I need. Inspired by all of you and what you are accomplishing on a doable, incremental basis I decided to join.

It must be the "nature" of clutter that I see myself in many of the other tasks listed--email purge, refrigerator clearing and the desire to see empty table tops

I have two goals for this evening: clean my bathroom and purge outdated magazines/periodicals from my office. The magazine purge started during the holiday break but wasn't completed.

Thanks to onebyone and Silverbirch for starting and keeping this thread moving.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 02:41 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 2"

Silver Birch Thanks for the start up. Did you answer my question about how to fix clay pots? I haven't been checking in very often and still wonder.

Project for this week. Bookcase in Work room. I completely lost my book and journal for the book club the past 2 weeks, and finally found it in THIS bookcase that is usually for other purposes. Proof, this should be this week's clutter control. Hard to get two without pulling out the dirty close container.

May we all make a difference in the ways w this week.

Sandy
love2garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:10 PM   #8  
in development

love2garden, yes, I did reply.

Quote:
I use Araldite Rapid and make sure the joint is supported in some way until the glue sets. For the bedside lamp I used an elastic band. For flowerpots, I use masking tape and sometimes elastic bands.
I've cleaned part of the window sill so I can move the plants along. Waiting for it to dry.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:05 PM   #9  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Checking in: did not get to any of my tasks. But we also weren't home so sink and countertops remain clean!

Back at it tomorrow.
onebyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:21 AM   #10  
in development

Sink and countertops, onebyone!

I'd like to put all gloves in a drawer to be marked 'gloves' in the garden room which currently only holds working gloves. Have a feeling I've tried this before and there isn't enough room. If not enough room, I will sort out the hat/glove/scarf box and label that.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone, great to see the energy!
I sorted out some papers that have been sitting around for a few months. Next step is to find where I'm supposed to file some of the house related stuff, sigh.

Nationalparker- nice idea about yearly document!
curlyjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:42 AM   #12  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I got started on the credit card project which ate into the time I was spending on email -- but I did deal with the currently incoming email, so at least I didn't fall further behind!

Mail stack. Current state: empty. Goal: empty.
Progress: we haven't picked up yesterday's mail, but the stack is empty!

Tickler. Current state: today. Goal: today.

In Box. Current state: empty. Goal: empty.

Email. Current state: 705 total, 180 unread. Goal: empty.
Progress: NC in total, 3 fewer unread

Checkbook. Current state: balanced. Goal: balanced as soon as statement arrives.

Credit cards. Current state: months behind. Goal: checked as soon as statements arrive.
Progress: sorted receipts by month
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:43 AM   #13  
Enjoying la bella vita

I'm psyched to "report" that I finished the document and while not a necessary task, one I've done for the past years and wanted to continue it. I'd forgotten a few "biggies" in my mind from months past and had to back up a few months and then redesign the whole thing. It's not fancy but since I'm just tossing it down in Word, so we can open it on home computer as well.

Tonight's project will be the kitchen. I didn't do anything in there other than heat up my dinner and i have two days of DH's dishes from his work meals. Will prep his dinner for tomorrow night, then do a full clean. No decluttering in there, just maintenance.

SilverBirch - I like your idea of reorganizing the hats/gloves. I typically do that each spring when putting them away for the season, but hauled some out for our camping trip in the summer to Canada and now they're a bit of a jumble, so that goes on my list for this week as well. DH's are all neat. Mine are the pile in a bin. I love warm gloves and buy them when clearanced or when they're just too fun to pass up. I have these for adults. Yes. They're conversation starters when I'm walking along a street. haha.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:01 PM   #14  
in development

We're moving along so well.

Have done the gloves and labelled the drawer. Also labelled a box for hats.

Tomorrow (Thursday), I'll sort out and label the top drawer of this small unit which has some small gardening tools and 2 x safety goggles in it. I'm very strong on safety goggles as my grandfather lost his eye in the quarry.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:44 PM   #15  
Enjoying la bella vita

Baked DH's dinner for tomorrow night and have the kitchen all cleaned up and dishes done. Feel like I'm still making progress at home despite going to the office in the day.

CurvyNotLumpy - Good to see you posting here! Hope you were successful in your two projects yesterday evening! Sometimes just declaring the mission makes it more inviting to me.

Will do a quick walkaround tonight to see what is calling out the most to be tackled tomorrow evening. DH is working again so it'll be my last alone night for a while.