Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 05:44 AM   #106  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Friday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – We're staying with relatives who live out of reach of WiFi. I'm borrowing their family computer to type this before folks begin to wake. I feel like a caveman.

One evening I went for a three mile walk with my BIL after dark, CREDIT moi - a nice diversion from very full days preparing DW's childhood home for a massive yard sale on Saturday. I thought the job here was to prepare stuff to get rid of it. Apparently, the real task at hand is a massive therapy session as the siblings grieve the loss of their parents and the old house. Eating ranges from wise to comforting. I'm writing here to get my mind to remember that I'll carry all the nibbles home with me as body fat. Be well, all. I'll be back Monday.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:11 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning coaches!
I ate some good veggies and salmon yesterday, but too much bad stuff too. We had too much sugar lying around the house. A piece of me is thinking "i'll get back to our better eating in September" which is not the way to think, but the family seems to be on vacation mode here, hmmm.

I am having trouble being motivated, but at least I am feeling content these days, and i will take that!! My goal today is to incorporate some exercise and deal with 5 pieces of paper, surely i can do that!

Lexiss- glad you had a great evening! I second the others, you are an energizer bunny!
love2garden-I find housecleaning does take a lot of energy too, it definitely counts as exercise!
Nationalparker-Aw, nice to have a semi anniversary! you can never have too many celebrations of life, is my feeling.
Eusebius-congrats on new job!
Suzlen-sending you energy during your loooong days!
onebyone-kudos on "i continue to not eat over these things out of my control"!
Bill-oh dear, sounds like a hard weekend on everyone. Glad there is help, and hope everything goes smoothly.
Waving to gardenerjoy, Maryann and everyone else i have missed!
Old 08-14-2015, 10:16 AM   #108  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Off work today and committing today to be a day of health/wellness/mindfulness - all things to restore the spirit and further me on my way toward a healthy second half of the year.

Up fairly early and spent time with DH when he got home from work, then trail walk on a very muggy morning with pooch. DH said he might not have to work tonight - has to wait to hear from them ... and if so, we'll walk the trail together. I cut this walk a bit short and will get on the exercise bike for a bit as well before a shower. Already 5K steps in.

Breakfast was steel cut oats with apple diced up in there and cinnamon sugar. Not cutting out all regular sugar- just reducing. Filling and very good.

Making a card to put in my purse with Bill's note that while i cannot control what's on my plate I can control what goes in my mouth for this trip. Several of the meals will be prepared and served without choice to demonstrate the host's banquet facilities. Don't leave until Sunday, so still two full days under my full control.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:17 AM   #109  
Green Tomatoes

I'm back this morning to set myself up for a better day than yesterday. I have a food plan that I have confidence I can follow. I read my Advantages and Responses. I posted here. I'm ready to have a good day!
Old 08-14-2015, 12:09 PM   #110  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

A quick post to say how helpful I've found gardenerjoy's and other people's examples of responses.

I had to buy peanut butter from a health food shop this afternoon when I was feeling exhausted. I found myself formulating a response which worked very well indeed.

Quote:
Treats from [name of shop] are not part of my lifestyle.
This is extra powerful for me as I dislike the word 'treats' strongly and also I once heard one of the shop owners use it.

I got out of the shop, got home and had an apple with a little peanut butter and cottage cheese. Plus a cup of blackberry and elderflower tea. And I've been reading my book. All this is much better at relaxing me and giving me a bit more energy than gobbling down some sugar - however it's dressed up.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:46 PM   #111  

Dear Coaches,

Wow! Today was rough. CREDIT for staying out of the teacher's lounge because a local restaurant provided breakfast. However, lunch was served and we were all expected to be there. None of it was healthy or within calories, and I did partake CREDIT for putting every lousy calorie in my calorie counter, and indeed, nationalparker, the negative numbers are hard to look at. The stress of trying to get everything ready for Monday AND attending an IEP meeting for my DS was rough. I also do medical billing part-time in the evening, and had to spend the evening billing instead of exercising. Plan is to get up early and lift weights.

curlyjax
: I absolutely cannot have any sugar in the house because I will hunt it down no matter who owns it or where they hide it. Hopefully September will bring a good routine.

BillBB
: Are you telling us you aren't shaving during vacation, caveman? I would imagine your wife and her siblings are bonding as they grieve, I am glad they are all together doing this.

onebyone
: I have a new-found appreciation for all the trouble artists go through to display their work. I hope the Art if the Park is a success.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:33 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5'2

hi coaches!
quick post- i am heading off on a 6 hour drive to visit family so its a long day. DH isn't coming so i have to drive, it really makes me appreciate the times when he does! Will try to pack some healthy stuff to munch on as i tend to need something to chew on to keep me going at times.
I didn't get much exercise yesterday, but got the kids school haircuts done and everyone is happy about it, so at least that is done!
Wave to all, will check in as we will have wifi and many computers available- no need for caveman mode like Blll
Old 08-15-2015, 08:48 AM   #113  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi coaches!

I had a reasonable food day yesterday and weight stays the same. Credit. I worked on the greenhouse early in the morning and had a very short window before I had to go to Denver. I thought it out and took time to make some toast and grab a banana to take with me. That alleviated getting too hungry and/or stopping to eat on the way home. When I got home I took the time to make my healthy burger. Yay! Credit.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:17 AM   #114  
Enjoying la bella vita

Hello! Stayed on track yesterday - got in more than 10K steps and also put in a bit of time on floor exercises and dusted off the exercise bike seat and plopped down and rode for a brief time - muscles are BURNING on there - much different than normal usage. Will start very low and increase. Or else I'll be miserable and never get on again. When we bought it we knew it'd be more of a fall/winter usage, so I don't look at it and feel guilt (but I WILL if I don't use it regularly then!

Feels good to string some solid food/activity days together. Tonight will be the dinner out with DH. Healthy breakfast down, will stay away from the pantry for mindless snacks. That's my challenge today.

Off to pack for my trip... then no last-minute rush. At least it's only for work, so only work clothes and not WINTER work clothes - bleh. I HATE my winter wardrobe. HATE IT with a passion. It's the most dowdy, boring, bland, mediocre choice of clothes that repeat Monday through Friday. HMM... maybe I should look to amp it up, huh? haha
Old 08-15-2015, 11:57 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

Good to be back posting here. Between a family reunion in Tahoe and the start of school, i have been slammed. The good news is my back and knees behaved beautifully and I am one week off meds. I am very grateful and the whole painful experience is becoming a distant memory.

I am eager to try and get back into shape. It is terrifying how quickly I lose muscle tone. My plan is to sign up for a yoga studio as soon as I am cleared by PT. We have yoga classes at my club but the instructors are not great. Credit for allowing myself to subscribe to two gyms for awhile and for realizing that the cost would equal one round of medication/P.T. Also credit for buying my own special chair at work. It has done wonders to support my back.

I have put my food into MFP. I am sticking to three meals no snacks.

Nationalparker: How about a great cozy scarf to start. Super colorful. I got an oversize infinity scarf (they're the easiest to wear) that has beautiful turquoise, red, and greens that makes anything stand out.

Suzlen: Boy do i recognize those hours you are working. i went on a chocolate hunt twice last week and I must stop that behavior. I need and advantage card.

curleyjax: I too appreciate my husband driving.

Last edited by maryann; 08-15-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:12 PM   #116  
Green Tomatoes

Still not doing well. I had a bad week last month and posting every day helped me limit it to a week. This month, I've added weighing every day no matter what, so we'll see if that helps. I'm up two pounds in three days.

I think I was willing to eat what was on my plan yesterday but I wasn't willing to do the work to fix it at lunch time. That's been a pattern recently. I'm going to try planning things a bit differently so that I don't have to do so much kitchen work at lunch time. I washed a lot of lettuce last night so that I can have a salad at lunch without much work at all. CREDIT.

CREDIT for writing a plan for today.

WI: +0.2 kg, Exercise: +40 610/1300 minutes for August, Food: 60% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

silverbirch: I'm going to steal "not part of my lifestyle." I can apply that to several situations, today. Very helpful, thanks!

nationalparker: like maryann, I'm a big fan of scarves. In fact, I've decided that they are my favorite souvenir. I think about the place where I bought a scarf (that little boutique in Paris, the shop across from Trinity College in Dublin) every time I wear one. And, they are such a boost to my wardrobe.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:18 PM   #117  

Dear Coaches,

Earlier check in today. CREDIT for breakfast and lunch OP. I put my lunch into my calorie counter and then adjusted to lower it. CREDIT for staying away from the chips that DH bought and is currently devouring with gusto.

CREDIT for strength training this morning. Need to ramp it up, though.

Good to hear from you again, maryann, I had to laugh about your chocolate hunt. I really need a plan for next week that is doable!

nationalparker, I feel for your winter wardrobe. Mine consists of gray, black and red. Super exciting, uh?

Have a great day, all.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:28 PM   #118  
Enjoying la bella vita

Struggling with the dang mental issue I have with the day before a trip - thinking I won't be in control (even though I typically always am) of food, times to eat, etc., so I am walking to the kitchen in between every chore, looking to snag something. DH is up now (not lazy-working nights/sleeping days) and we'll go to dinner in two hours. I ate healthy breakfast and lunch and snacks have been limited to grapes, two tiny italian cookies for 60 calories and three veggie chips and hummus. So not super nutritious but not a plan breaker. What's kept be semi on track is the big question of if we get some sort of anniversary dessert...
Old 08-16-2015, 09:43 AM   #119  
Green Tomatoes

I followed my plan yesterday -- yay! Today's challenge is a family gathering with an awkward meal time. But I remember what I did with that last time, so I'm repeating the same plan. No snacking out there and tiny servings of whatever I want at the meal. I'm bringing marinated cucumber and tomato salad so I know I can eat as much of that as I want. The tomatoes are from my garden.

I'm also claiming credit today for getting to the half-way point on my exercise goal yesterday. That's an excellent place to be in a month with 31 days.

WI: -0.7 kg, Exercise: +40 650/1300 minutes for August, Food: 100% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes
Old 08-16-2015, 05:01 PM   #120  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi coaches!

A little break this weekend as DH is home. Still being mindful of food choices. Went to Denver to church and decided to eat at home rather than going out. Credit. DH says he is cooking for me tonight. That will be nice. Back to work tomorrow.
Closed Thread