Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 05:24 PM   #181  
persist

S/C/G: 298/284/159

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up Hello TGIF

Coaches!

The good news continues! I just got confirmation that a local art festival as accepted me which is great for the potential sales AND I am interested in maybe moving to that area and what the lay of land re: artists and artist opportunities is very important to me. Great chance to get the inside scoop.

Also I weighed in this morning *credit* to see 271.2 on my scale. So, slightly lower from yesterday's official WW meeting room scale and 2lbs lower than my morning reading on that scale yesterday. I am in a groove. May it continue for the days and months ahead.

On the agenda over the weekend is tackling the disorder in my apartment. I am finally going to deal with the chaotic Box Mountain Version #3. I want it gone. I am in the mood to toss and sort and box up. My sister from Florida arrives Monday night and this stuff arrived here with her when we moved my mother into her new facility last November. Before she sees I have done zero to deal with it, I want to deal with it.

Fantastic news as well re: stitches. They are out. I am healing. Need to remain mindful I am not completely healed though as I contemplate what boxes to lift and etc. over the weekend.

Better go. Have a good weekend! Happy Memorial Day to those who have that this weekend! May we all have good weather.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:24 PM   #182  

Height: 5' 2"

TripSwitch Hike AND putting the chocolate back? Wow!!!

MaryAnn Think I'll suggest to DH that we have at least one salad supper, especially since it is warm weather. All 3 of us could stand that healthy change.

NationalParker Can't imagine your stress right now, and prayers offered that you can let go some of that stress and relax.

Karen You did it! A week without your beloved beer? wow!

CurleyJax NO CHOICE I must remember that the next time I'm tempted. So far, evening eating has been no issue for at least 2 weeks or more. Surprised I just now realized it.

Any one else watching NBA Playoffs (Basketball)? My favorite sport and my second favorite team the Houston Rockets played last night, lost game 2 of 7.

2 hours gardening with all plants now in the ground with supplements and water and part of them mulched. Mmmmm those peppers, tomatoes, parsley, basil, rosemary and pretty flowers, too. Time for Tylenol.

OnebyOne Congratulations! As hard as you work, good to be noticed.

Last edited by love2garden; 05-22-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:34 PM   #183  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: high water mark/working on it

Height: 5-4

While I write down what I eat at home nearly all of the time (had to go back to small notebook), I tend to not on most trips. This time I'm barely finding time to keep up during the event. Started at 6 a.m. and finished at 10 p.m. A bit of a later start tomorrow but weather will be dicey, so that could entail more issues. That, I cannot control, so it's not given worry. Day 5/10 down. You don't know how thankful I am to see that number increasing. So far, nothing I couldn't handle. If/when I get through this successfully, I'm going to write a letter to my future self with notes about this trip and what to expect and that I made it

Was so, so hungry at 10 p.m. and not in the mood to just go to bed right after getting home, so poured a bowl of raisin bran ... then was still hungry, cut up a banana and had some more cereal. They're pretty darned big on the beef here, so lunch was a tomato/lettuce and a slice of cheese without the burger on a small bun. Tomorrow they're doing chicken since so many of the athletes didn't want the beef, either. That will be helpful to have protein.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:26 PM   #184  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Hi all,

Lots of walking today--being a tourist is like that. Credit for good food choices while eating out, including having the server at the Mexican restaurant not bring any chips. Can't eat too many if they're not on the table!

I didn't have a margarita--credit. I decided I only got one treat and it was sour cream with my fajitas. Credit for sticking with that.

I'm finding that remembering the feeling of being crammed into the plane toilet area to be very motivating

Tomorrow, we'll be touristy again -- and dinner is planned to be at a Greek festival--I find it easy to make good choices with Mediterranean food.

Take care, all!
Old 05-23-2015, 08:21 AM   #185  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Coaches!

I traveled yesterday and never made it to post. I have a busy day ahead as I go back to work tomorrow. Its been rainy and cold but I have a whole day to work in the yard. Not ideal weather, but I'm going to do it anyway!
Yesterdays food was not "planned". I did have my morning smoothie, went out to lunch with mom and had a simple dinner at home. I asked for a smaller portion at lunch and they tried. At dinner I had dessert then an evening snack. More than usual but credit for good choices and resisting donuts at an evening meeting.

Beth(fromDayton), kudos for good vacation choices! I was motivated by the fear of the airplane seatbelt not fitting and now that it's no longer an issue it's great motivation to keep working on myself daily.

nationalparker, on to day 6! Wow! Very difficult eating cheese sandwiches because you can't find an acceptable protein choice! Kudos for making the best choices you can!

love2garden, I enjoy BB but not so much when my team is doing poorly. I've been too busy to watch the past few years. Your garden sounds fantastic!

onebyone, congrats on your acceptance to a local art festival! Kudos for good scale numbers and a commitment to get back to decluttering!

TripSwitch, kudos for doing the Hunger Tolerance even though you have been an IF. Hope your dinner was enjoyable! Congrats on a fantastic WI at DPP! PS I often rethink as I shop and put things back on the shelf! It's a great tool to be able to use!

maryann, wow! A busy week! Glad to hear your family is on board for some salad dinners. PS that's a lot of chicken! Your spa weekend sounded fun, and wonderful you were able to stick to your own breakfast comittment!

karenrn, kudos for continuing with no alcohol!

gardenerjoy, good that you are thinking about the food choices that used to be reasonable concluding they might not be now.

curlyjax, yay for not eating over an unpleasant family episode! Love it`"Woke up feeling pleased and not bloated."

OK, I'm headed out to my yard. Hoping for enough dry to be able to mow lawns today….otherwise it gets put down the road 3 more days until I have time off, or I pay someone, which I really don't want to do!
Old 05-23-2015, 09:42 AM   #186  
persist

Exclamation scale bounce/energy rebounds

Coaches

Just checking in while I wait for breakfast to be done.

Today I need some mental discipline to stay on track with one task: decluttering. I so don't want to do this. But I will. AND I won't eat as a means of procrastinating/stalling. I just had my breakfast and I am getting dressed and beginning. Time to make a plan for this a la Beck!

*credit* for posting, weighing in (+2), making plans.

Have a great day.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:55 AM   #187  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

A quick post before a busy day. I had planned to skip one event, but a friend wants to go, so throwing that in the mix, too.

Credit for being 100% on plan yesterday. I thought of a quicker option and it was a perfectly reasonable substitute, but I chose what I wrote down earlier simply because I wrote it down and getting back in the habit of following my plan is good for me. I love the way that it reduces the number of times I think about food in a day.

WI: +0.15 kg, Exercise: +70 905/1300 minutes for May, Food: 100% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes
Old 05-23-2015, 12:10 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 173/170/ 154

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

This morning I snuggled with my DS - very rare occasion now that he will soon be a teenager. He still snuggles up to DH when they watch t.v. Well maybe not so much snuggling as dog-piling. Anyway, these moments are precious.Family salad dinner went well - cobb with chicken (of course ), a little salami, homemade dressing, olives, shredded cheese and a homemade roll. DH says he loves the idea because it keeps the electricity bill down in the summer. This is how he gets motivated to eat better - it saves money. He stopped drinking soda to save money. Whatever works is what I say.

These days I need to demonstrate great intention to continue to exercise. I bought a knee brace for my right knee. I changed shoes and wore orthotics. I am doing yoga this morning to help relieve the nagging back I've suffered for the week. I don't mind this effort but I do mind the worry that accompanies it. "What will happen as I age if it is this bad now?" My mind chants, "Old. Old. Old" I just have to ignore the worry and continue to put one step in from the other - literally.

Gardenerjoy: I agree that "just do what was written" is a wonderful discipline and I am going to practice it today.
onebyone: I know decluttering has always been tough for you. Credit for working through it rather than getting stalled.

Last edited by maryann; 05-23-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:05 AM   #189  
Enjoying la bella vita

Wrapping it up for the night now. Another day down ... 6/10 in the books. A few major run ins with photographers not abiding by the guidelines and that ended up setting of a bit of a mini firestorm. We'll see how things shake out tomorrow. These things settle in a nook in my brain and I'll rework it through the night. Last night I was able to get to bed by 11:30 and slept deeply until 1:30 and someone called my personal phone repeatedly. I don't want to mute it since I do want to hear if it rings with a family emergency, but finally was able to figure out how to block the calls after an hour with one every 15 mins or so ... I think I'm not destined for sleep.

Food is becoming an issue here - that and getting done while any store/food place if open. There is NOTHING here within about 30 mins at night, less during normal hours. I drove off looking for a chicken sandwich and didn't care fried or not after 10p. It'd been about 10.5 hours since lunch. Early morning at work by 7, so off to bed soon.

Interesting to go this time with crazy food hours and walking and ravenous hunger without a scale. I have no guesstimate at where I am.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:34 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'2

Hi Coaches!
Another night of not snacking, credit! then yesterday I did, but that was in part because i ate a quick dinner of cheese and crackers and was hungry later. And also ate a bunch of cookies at an event i had to work, oops. Ah well, its over, i'm letting it go and will do better today!
Credit for taking a walk as well with DH around the neighborhood as we check out what other folks do with their lawns. Our front is terrible, the grass just doesn't' grow and looks like it has mildew or something. So we're thinking of putting some mulch in around the trees, and putting down some stones to create a sort of patio thing. We probably wouldn't sit out there, more of a thing to look at, and it would be nicer than what is there now! Maybe a bird bath since we seem to have a lot of birds around. So it is great to have a project to work on!

Lexiss- woo, working in the rain, i'm impressed! Its so satisfactory to have things like that done!
Nationalparker- those are some crazy hours, that sounds really challenging!
Wave to all!

Last edited by curlyjax; 05-24-2015 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:03 AM   #191  
persist

Smile Good Morning!

Coaches!

Another day to get up and at 'em!

Yesterday's food did go over the top for a day's consumption but I tracked it all and it falls within my plan but for the rest of the week I need to be careful. I'll be very active though as my sister arrives tomorrow. She is very weight conscious so I won't end up off plan with her during her visit. In fact, when I tell her I want to see that 270 at weigh-in this week she will help me achieve it. I do want to see the 270 at this weigh-in.

Today I tackle the nitty gritty of my clutter. I sift through the contents of boxes, bags, and bins. I am going to this for as long as possible all day long and until I go to bed.

In between I do get a break and will have time away. A few hours have been arranged for me to go to the MP to finish painting my barrel then spray coat it outside. It's nice out so I see no reason why it won't be finished. I will post my barrel today so you guys can see it.

Yesterday DH surprised me. He bought himself a fitbit, the kind that has a heart rate monitor. I was shocked. Apparently some guys at work are competitive with each other with their stats and he wants in on that. AWESOME! So then last night at 10 he went for a half hour walk. He invited me and I declined. I'd already met my steps goal and thensome and was exhausted from the whole day, but tonight, no matter what, I will go too. I'm really happy cause he has re-gained everything he lost and has been ignoring his health. I stayed off his back as he stays off of mine. This is a VERY positive turn of events.

Going now. Time to get started.

Last edited by onebyone; 05-24-2015 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:12 AM   #192  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Today, we might watch at least some of all three races -- Monaco Grand Prix, Indianapolis 500, and Coca-Cola 600. Fortunately, I don't associate food with that experience so I expect to have no difficulty following my plan. I hope everyone who has a holiday weekend is enjoying it!

WI: -0.35 kg, Exercise: +65 970/1300 minutes for May, Food: 100% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes
Old 05-24-2015, 10:34 AM   #193  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Good morning coaches...

Trying to figure out what to do about a food plan for tomorrow since that's the task for today... I have several different food plans I could follow.... The problem is I hate sticking to them... And it's not helping that I'm up a few lbs on the scale this morning... That just makes me want to double down and do whatever it takes to get the rest of this weight of NOW!!! Plus I'm so close to several goals... My 5% weight loss at WW, breaking 160... And then the big one... getting below 155 and no longer being "overweight"... Which for better or worse is just completely consuming me right now...

Alright... Time for me to just take a deep breath... and chill out... I've gotten this far... I WILL make it the rest of the way... I just need to relax and trust myself...

Oh, good... I feel better already....

ETA: Will try to get caught up on personals soon... Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 05-24-2015 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:11 PM   #194  

S/C/G: ?/151/135

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon coaches,

Gee, I guess I didn't post yesterday. Did a 2 1/2 hour hike yesterday morning and actually got to the top of the hill nine minutes before I did on Friday, credit. We had dinner with friends and calories were okay. Did have a couple of chips with dip, but no alcohol and no desert and I earn quite a few calories when I hike. We got to bed a little later last night, so I decided not to hike this morning. I seam sealed a tent that I may need to use in September and then got the ironing caught up. Food is on plan, credit. Dh is out golfing this afternoon, so I'm just relaxing now that the ironing is finished.

I'm feeling like I'm making a little slow progress on the weight loss, so trying to think about clothes. I think I'll spend a little time checking out catalogues and other idea sources.

Back to personals soon.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:15 PM   #195  
Enjoying la bella vita

Amazing how these words can change everyone's day: How can we make this work for everyone? I was very thankful to hear that this morning and suggested a solution and it was accepted by both sides and WOW, what a difference a day makes. Another long one (so sorry to keep saying that, but I'm not used to working from 6-7 a until 11p or so) I got very hungry and chose a bag of fruit/nuts for 270 calories and must be tired bc I was okay with that. I knew dinner would be four hours away after 10 p.

Day 7/10 ... I just realized I'm here 11 days. Missing DH and the pet crew. Really looking forward to getting home later this week.

Looks like there are a lot of credits all around for both big and small achievements. I'll add mine to the list: credit for finding a solution to a problem that, if it continued all day today, would have caused me to eat b/c of it tonight.

Wish I was near my parents' cemetery to visit for Memorial Day. Thinking of those who have died in service of our country and for those left to carry on.
Closed Thread