Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 07:21 AM   #166  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: high water mark/working on it

Height: 5-4

Had to check back in with a note that apparently I thought I did GOOD yesterday, but forgot that I had two mini brownies that the head of kitchen staff brought out as a treat for us working. Completely cleared my mind, as did the two mini garlic knots. YIKES. I need to jot things down on SOMETHING while I'm working here or say no a heckuva lot more.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:33 AM   #167  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Coaches!!!

karern Thanks!... I did Ironman USA in Lake Placid... Did your husband do Ironman Canada? I've heard that race is legendary... Just curious is the "rn" for RN? I'm an RN... worked in ICU for many, many years... Too many... Lol...

onebyone way to go staying OP... I just rejoined WW recently and I'm loving it so far... I hope you enjoy your meeting today... I almost skipped mine this week because I was afraid of what the scale might show... I'm so glad I didn't, the support and encouragement I'm getting there really does seem to be making a difference for me so far...

lovetogarden Thanks! I am so excited about being down 5 lbs already... So glad I didn't skip...

So today's task... Differentiate Between Hungar, Desire, and Cravings...

Well that is feeling kind of scary to me for some reason... But I've decided to just "face the fear and do it anyway"... I'm told that works... Lol... But seriously, I think it definitely has the potential to offer me some insight into why I so often find myself mindlessly overeating... So it could be a real "game changer"...

Today I have a follow up meeting of a Diabetes Prevention Program that I participated in at a local hospital... The goals of the program were pretty modest... Lose 7% of your initial starting weight and get to a 150 minutes of physical activity a week, both of which I accomplished during the initial phase of the program... So I think I'll take some retroactive CREDIT for that... And they weigh us at each meeting and since it has been a month since our last meeting I'm looking forward to showing a pretty significant loss... So that should be a nice little motivating "boost" too... I can't wait!

I hope everyone has a great day and I'll look forward to checking back in a little bit later...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 05-21-2015 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:43 AM   #168  
persist

S/C/G: 298/284/159

Height: 5' 6"

Smile official weigh in day

Coaches!!!

I saw-3.4lb today. Yay!!!! Moved ticker down and I feel happy about that. Just wanted to share good news with my Coaches.

Plan for today to includes doing what works: tracking, choosing well in a restaurant today, walking, and not over indulging because I had a good weigh in. I need to persist in victory.

Have a good day.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:44 AM   #169  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Breezing through. Looks like lots of good things happening here and I'll add my name to the list of people who seem to just be getting on with it right now.

WI: -0.05 kg, Exercise: +20 795/1300 minutes for May, Food: 100% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes
Old 05-21-2015, 10:46 AM   #170  

S/C/G: ?/151/135

Height: 5'5"

Good morning coaches,

Another on program day yesterday, with no alcohol, credit. I had dinner out at a nice restaurant with friends and chose a parmesan crusted sole and asparagus and a small piece of bread with butter. The fish was rich, but I had plenty of calories earned for it. No drinks or dessert and I was so pleased with myself. Since I didn't drink the couple I was with didn't either. I'm sure this greatly reduced our bill. Not a bad thing.

I've either pulled something in my left upper back, not the injured side, or slept wrong and I'm a bit sore. I've done one set of my PT exercises, which was fine, but I'm going to take it easy today, no hiking or ironing.

Love2garden That massage sounds wonderful. I don't think what I get at PT is probably anything like what you're getting. Good job on seeing the scale head the right way due to the effort you are putting in. Amazing how sometimes it is so difficult and sometimes not.

Nationalparker Glad your shoes are doing the job for you. A good pair of shoes can change the day. Sounds like you are getting plenty of activity and hopefully burning any calories those little extras are throwing at you.

Tripswitch Yes, my husband did the Ironman in Penticton, BC, Canada. My younger brother was really into triathlons and they both did that one. The whole family went and it was really fun. Yes, I'm an RN. It was a second career for me. I have my Master's in Cardiovascular nursing and was in ICU for a number of years and then hospice and then on a Palliative Care Team at a hospital. I really enjoyed my work most of the time, but retired at 58 (3 years ago) and love it even more.

Onebyone I'm thrilled for you. What a great loss. Yes, persisting in victory is a great plan! Seeing a loss on the scale can be very motivating.

Gardenerjoy Glad you're breezing through. Seems to be the theme right now. The time of the year is helpful for me.

Lexxis You are a whirlwind! I can't believe your pace. I hope you get some downtime over the weekend.

Waving to everyone else.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:50 AM   #171  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Hello! A breeze through for me today, as well. I took some time to think about my difference between hunger, desire and cravings. I manage my big travel yesterday after work and had a bigger than usual dinner. I got a phone call from Alaska way past my bedtime. It's two hours earlier there and I facilitated a successful delivery of a new composting toilet. Credit. This morning I slept in and behind. I did go out and mow both lines because it supposed to rain later credit now I'm heading to the pool for a little relaxation. Lunch is at the hospital with my family. Fortunately, they have lots of healthy choices and I usually have a large salad.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:18 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'2

Hi coaches-
SO beautiful out here these days, I am feeling so grateful for the weather. This is what spring should be like! except I guess we need some rain at some point.

I bought the new Blue Beck book with a gift card, some of you inspired me to do so! I enjoy the clinical examples, that is helpful to me to see what other real folks are doing.

I'm trying to figure out what to eat at night on the rare nights when I actually am hungry from a too low calorie dinner. I can manage with hunger during the day when I'm busier, but I find it a little too challenging when its only 8:00 and I have 2 1/2 more hours to go before bed. My fall back is cheese and crackers but I need to find something else that is actually filling but less caloric. Maybe a baked apple with PB? or some kind of filling veggie thing-

Onebyone and Tripswitch-great job! Yay! and anyone else losing that I may have missed!
karenrn- good job sticking to the no beer! That's a toughie for a lot of folks. I always tell my DH that would be a good way for him to lose weight which he wants to do, but he hasn't gotten there yet.
love2garden-yikes, that's a lot of poison ivy! we have it too and the boys get various spots here and there, I think it must be hidden in the grass too. I am ready for a much smaller yard to manage personally, with less weeds etc!
Waving to all the rest!

Last edited by curlyjax; 05-21-2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:01 PM   #173  

Height: 5' 2"

.. Differentiate Between Hungar, Desire, and Cravings...???

I'm so surprised to be aware that I'm doing this on a regular basis: CREDIT.
Don't know when this finally was absorbed in my mind then in my actions.
Scale went down again and I have a full 5 pounds off, finally.

The Blue Beck book sounds interesting for the same reasons you mention Curlyjax

Chilly here,, and gardening still caused me to sweat on my head. Beautiful red Mandavilla is now in huge pot near trellis to climb on. I put some wire hoops attached to 3 legs into the pot to encourage the plant to be lifted up more so we see it from patio and our neighbors can enjoy it as well.

Newspaper was cautioning us about deer ticks that are as tiny as a poppy seed when they are first born. A friend of mine lost his ability to be a vet from the disease deer ticks give. He can still do surgery because his hands automatically do what is right. But if you ask Mo about it, he has a blank look.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:12 PM   #174  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: high water mark/working on it

Height: 5-4

OneByOne - YAAAAYYYY on the loss today - that's great! You've challenged yourself for that!

I'm adding to those breezing through. If stress burned calories, I'd be in good shape. Day 4/10 in the books now. Started at 5 a.m. trying to drop off materials to someone who never showed up so that triggered a lot of other issues. I thought i was MUCH further along in the trip than only Day 4 until I wrote that.

I am really noticing my lack of short term memory here. I'm having to write nearly everything down and it's a bit frustrating. I am told something like "Hi, I'm Adam - the master volume for the mult box is here, we'll be back here on Sunday, and they're ordered this way". So I go out of the room and think - Adam? Alan? Andy? Ok, got the volume knob out of the 100 on this panel. Oh, crum. Aaron. Aaron? Back on WHEN? SHEESH. I am walking around with a notepad 15 hours a day. Has anyone else faced this when stressed and in late 40s? My dr. said it's normal middle aging and stress LAST year. I'm ready for it to be over since I'm usually very "on it".
Old 05-22-2015, 07:14 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'2

hi coaches-
Its weird to be the first one posting in the morning instead of Bill!
I'm popping in quickly to finally post some credits- had a brief unpleasant family episode yesterday but I did not eat over it! I did have my two mini brownies for dessert but that was planned, not spontaneous.

And when I became hungry around 9:30, I told myself there is NO CHOICE, the kitchen is closed! So I woke up feeling pleased and not bloated.

I also started mentally comparing myself to someone i know that has had a big weight loss, and before i went down the road of depression over that and other things, i remembered reading about negating feelings of shame, and i stopped that thought in its tracks. So that was good!

love2garden- great job on the 5 pounds!
nationalparker-I think that is normal. you're not in your usual envt, working really long hours, its harder to be on your game all the time that way. I think writing down things is good anyhow because you probably remember more than you think, but you have the back up just in case.

happy memorial day weekend!
Old 05-22-2015, 09:47 AM   #176  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

A busy day yesterday and I didn't follow my plan a couple of times. I made substitutes that used to be reasonable for me, but I suspect that if I want to see the kind of weight loss that I want right now, those are not going to be good choices -- at least, not very often.

WI: -0.05 kg, Exercise: +40 835/1300 minutes for May, Food: 80% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

onebyone: that's a terrific loss! Yay for the determination to persist in victory.

nationalparker: writing everything down is the norm for me and has been since high school. The good news is that if I write it down, I usually remember it without actually having to read it again. The writing makes the memory.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:55 PM   #177  

S/C/G: ?/151/135

Good morning coaches,

On plan yesterday and still no alcohol. I think that made a week and so far, no big deal. Did not get any planned exercise yesterday, but I just got back from a 2 1/2 hour hike with 2 friends, credit. Feeling really good and not in a hungry place, that's always nice. Hope you all have a good Memorial Day weekend. No big plans here except a get together with friends tomorrow evening.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #178  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Hi all!

We're vacationing this weekend and that's always a challenge. However, one of my ARC items is that I'll fit more comfortably in airplanes. When DH stopped for a snack last night, I remembered how tight the bathroom had been on the flight and I wasn't even tempted. It smelled good--but I thought of how much easier it'll be to fly when I'm smaller!

Didn't log yesterday on MFP, but made all good choices. I'll read my ARC now and then we're headed to La Brea tarp its!

Best,

--Beth
Old 05-22-2015, 03:11 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 173/170/ 154

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

A big week kept me from posting - or I should say gave me a good excuse not to post. I had a girl's weekend in a posh spa in Napa Valley. I have not spent much time there because I don't drink alcohol. I was stunned by its beauty. Of course, it was the perfect weather which always helps. We had super fancy meals but I brought my own breakfasts and stuck to my commitment to a salad for one meal a day. I am nearly two pounds below ticker so I give myself a big credit. This last week also included awards ceremonies, concerts, and three days of little sleep because I threw my neck out. Still, my makeshift food plan of no grains at lunch, a salad everyday, veggie juice and no wheat seems to be very manageable for me. I am using the clock watching approach as well "12:00 is in three hours and if I get engaged, it will hurry along." I also am back to throwing dish soap on a food if it becomes a problem, even if it is on plan. I am determined to lose a pound and a half to get into the 150s.

In pursuit of my little goal I have also taken time to separate 10 salad fixings into tupperware with a papertowel above and below for freshness; grated mozzarella cheese and frozen it with a little flour (won't stick together) to help weekday cooking; and cooked ten pounds of chicken (in roasting bags). I will shred it all when it cools and freeze the chicken into meal size portions. The chicken has been a little overwhelming. When I went to Cash and Carry to get my three pound bag of spinach, the man said there was a special on leg quarters for .50 cents a pound. Wow. I didn't realize they came in a forty pound box. Yikes. Well it all fit but just. So credit for making healthy cooking an adventure. Tonight we have having cobb salad with cold chicken for dinner. DH was 100% on board with my new declaration a salad for dinner one night a week. He said make it two. DS was less enthusiastic but willing. Of course he is as thin as a rail but I always cook rolls and such to go with it which he loves.

Super credits on everybody for staying OP and the weight losses. We are going camping in our own pecan orchard along the Sacramento River tomorrow. What a way to avoid the crowds!

Have a great weekend.

Last edited by maryann; 05-22-2015 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:17 PM   #180  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Good Afternoon Coaches!!!

Today's Practicing Hunger Tolerance is sort of non event for me... I used to incorporate Intermittent Fasting (IF) into my plan... so skipping meals is nothing new for me... I am a bit hungry now, but I can wait till dinner... Especially since I splurged on some really nice fresh fish that I'm going to make... really looking forward to it.

So on my way to do my grocery shopping since I was wearing running shorts, a t-shirt, and sneakers I decided to stop off at a rail trail that I go right past, park the car and get out an run 3 miles... CREDIT!!!

AND then in the grocery the store I decided to PUT BACK the big chocolate bar that I put in my cart, because of course in my mind I "deserved" a treat for going running, especially before grocery shopping... Lol... So I'm giving myself a big CREDIT for that!

In other good news I am happy to report that I was down 8.8 lbs at my weigh-in yesterday for the Diabetes Prevention Program that I'm in, so that's in just a little bit over month... So I'm very happy with that...

Really looking forward to this weekend... Have a standing date with friends for lunch on Saturdays and after Church on Sunday I think we'll be just spending the rest of the holiday weekend out by the pool...

Wishing everyone here a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!!!

Last edited by TripSwitch; 05-22-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Closed Thread