Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 12:24 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

A few important milestones to mention. 100 days of posting continuously in MFP. 1 day of no sweets at work. I am proud of both. Glad that the rain is forecasted for today. I suggested to DS today that having rain ONLY on Halloween is god's way of testing if we are really grateful.

Weight is a little higher than ticker. Seem to be unable to convince myself to workout today. So maybe I'll make a deal with self - next four days in a row if i skip today. That includes a new weight training class to try.

I also woke up with a new thought. What would Halloween be like if I didn't eat even ONE piece of packaged candy. Would the world be thrown off its access? Would the mega food industry feel a tiny chill in its blackened soul if I resisted just a bit. Okay, I am giving it a try. I like the idea.

Welcome back, ChinaMaine.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:29 PM   #257  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Following the exchange with Bill about protein powder, I decided to look again at the timings of my meals. Do they reflect how my daily life actually is now? Or are they hangovers from some time in the past? There’s no need to get stuck in a rut so I’ve adjusted timings a little, especially by shortening the time between mid-afternoon snack and evening meal. This may help with that tricky time at the end of the afternoon. Credit!

More painting has taken place. The DB and I work turn and turn about which is ideal in a small room, and we don’t supervise one another’s work which has to be good! Two walls are done and look terrific, the best they’ve ever looked (I’ve been here 25 years). Please don’t think there are only two walls left! There are plenty of difficult nooks and crannies to be done yet but we’re on the road. (I should have stretched before I started but I was on the run, as almost always it seems at present.)

Quick change of plan around 1pm when I realised that the brisk southerly wind was bringing warm temperatures and drying the wet lawn. Apparently there are record temperatures here for 31 October (25C / 77F in the south of England). I went out with the push mower, cut the lot and raked it up. That will be the last time it’s possible this year, I’m sure, and will make a difference in going to the compost bins over the winter. I also met a common lizard which was unexpected for both of us. Credit for changing my plan and taking advantage of the weather!

Unfortunately, the time between mid-afternoon snack and evening meal was difficult again. I really wanted to rest, and rest some more but I had to make the meal. Perhaps that’s always how I feel at that time. (Rhetorical question as it is, friends, it is! I could sleep for several hours.)

WI: up 2.25lbs. Exercise: NO. Spontaneous exercise: YES - painted, mowed and raked lawn by hand. Planned food: YES.

Karen, good move to get the contractors to clear up sooner rather than later. It's so disrupting to have people all over the place. 'Almost binged' is so very much better than 'binged'.

MountainMamma, 33 is no age at all, agreed.

Curlypudge, post when you can. I know that feeling of reading something and nothing goes in!

nationalparker, congratulations on 'deciding against bat cupcakes'! You won't regret it.

Nuxmaga, that's very good news about your father. Fingers crossed that you manage to get the insurance sorted out. It sounds very trying.

Bill, have you started dropping hints about wood chippers and Christmas? Someone might pick the idea up and run with it.

gardenerjoy, lots of credits! Re 'hunger', sometimes when I'm hungry, pure and simple, I am very pleased that I'm so in tune with my body. I try to spend time enjoying being hungry. It's when I'm 'almost hungry' and busy and stretched that I get into trouble. Hard freeze? My goodness, I've still got so much to do outside but I do know that weather's on its way here as well.

Lexxiss, some time at the pool sounds like a good move to me in times of increased craziness. Much kudos to you for hacking out that time. I hope that you can think of ways to alter things to your benefit. For what it's worth, sometimes when I'm busy I make myself do even more things on foot: something about the regular pacing to get there calms me, just a little. And even a little has to help.

maryann, I'm delighted to hear about the rain. I hope you have as much as you need.

Onward! Tomorrow will be a better day. The SO is in charge of making food so that's a load off my shoulders.

Last edited by silverbirch; 10-31-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:32 PM   #258  

S/C/G: ?/136/125

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon coaches,

A quick check in today. I went to the trailhead this morning and then decided against hiking cause it was just too windy. I don't like to hike when I think the wind might be stirring up too much dust. Anyway, ran some errands and saw the movie "Birdman" this morning. The movie got good ratings, but I thought it was just okay. Food on plan and within calories. No candy in the house and since the lights have been removed from outside for the project, I don't expect anyone to come to the door. Also, my husband isn't home so I would rather not deal with the door and the dog.

It is 90 degrees or a little more and I must say I am ready for cooler temps. This is supposed to be our last 90 degree day and in fact tomorrow is supposed to be 80. I plan to do a longer hike tomorrow. Happy Halloween to all and be careful of the candy.

Karen
Old 11-01-2014, 12:43 AM   #259  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Candy free!!! A successful Halloween, even though the eyeballs i brought in to work derailed a few others. Every man for himself at the office. Just kidding. Thai dinner for dh and me...late night so checking in tomorrow with decent note...
Old 11-01-2014, 06:47 AM   #260  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the November 2014 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on:
You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:.
Closed Thread