Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 01:29 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 135/127/115

Height: 5'1"

Good Afternoon!

Yesterday went very well. At this point in the week, I'm eyeing my Saturday Weigh-In and trying to hang in there.

Today is a fast [I do Tuesdays and Fridays], a couple soy shakes and some vegetables and black beans for dinner. 500 cal total.

BBE My desk doesn't have the wrap-around, it is 6 feet wide though. The elliptical is beneath it and the computer screen can be raised or lowered depending if I'm "Ellipticating" standing (harder) or seated.

flnu: MegaKudos for a great Weigh-In!

GosfordGirl: "Sitting is the new smoking"-gee, that will stay in my head while I'm on the couch, watching a movie next to the recumbent exercise bike!

AZtricia: Oh Rotisserie Chicken. Yes!

Happy Friday to all!

Last edited by 6crowsgold; 03-28-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:03 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Afternoon, Coaches.

Weight this morning was within a pound of maintenance. Phew! Food is planned. Took a step class and am treating myself to a new pair of glass frames. The last couple of days have been about maintaining self in the midst of changing relationships. I have always been terrified of rejection - being voted "off" the island so to speak if I make a mistake (or just for being myself.) So I have been the chameleon. I am trying to make different choices today. I want to foster relationships that are based on healthy values and not fear. So I am letting a few people go, trying to further the bonds of a few others on my terms, but mostly waiting for an intuitive action or decision as to what my purpose is in any given relationship. I do believe the following:

Some people are in my life for a season, some for a reason and a special few for a lifetime.

6crowsgold: I turned 50 in December and I weigh less than I did as a freshman in high school. Age and time are no restraint when one's goal is peace with food.

flnu: Great attitude "everything I do is a personal best." I am going to try that this week.

AZtricia: Do you a your own rotisserie? What brand?

nationalparker: Kudos for using the china. Mine is my grandmother's Franciscan apple china and I use it everyday. It makes me think of her and my childhood.

GosfordGirl: I love having the time to clean out the veggie drawer - to use things up and get creative with the menu. I have found some terrific recipes as a result.

BBE: Sometimes I want to never leave the house. There is little to overeat here even if hubby is late.

ForMyGirls: Welcome back.

Last edited by maryann; 03-28-2014 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #258  
Healthy Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 260/ticker/...-1 more pound

Height: 5'6"

Hello Coaches & Happy FRIDAY!

Today has been on the run all day with a board meeting & a community service project for the boys on top of our regular routine AND dh & the boys are packing/finalizing rockets for tomorrow's launch AND my grandmother fell and is in the hospital. The good news is tomorrow the house will be quiet and the boys gone with dh all day and hopefully grandma will be released. She is the kind of lady I want to be! She fell (this time) line dancing! Her other injuries have been from learning to downhill ski (at 65!) and golfing. At 88 now, she is still always on the go, in many clubs and activities. My sis says she MUST give up getting injured though

OP food, just finished an early dinner and must bake banana bread for boys tomorrow.
Exercise OP with 3 miles on treadmill + walking pup...think I will do the DVD tomorrow instead of today.

nationalparker Glad to hear yesterday was a better day, great that you were able to have a fun candlelight dinner!

Cheryl/GosfordGirl Sorry you had a difficult Friday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GosfordGirl View Post
... I can't quite reclaim my weekends but I can maintain some healthful activities and planning.
~Great attitude! Keep on trying!

BillBlueEyes Better than last time is progress! Kudos for OP!

ForMyGirls Welcome Back!

CeeJay Tell those awful visitors hunger & cravings to go knocking on someone else's door! Great job moving on.

Lexxiss Great job keeping your food environment healthy. Awesome that you are below your goal!

gardenerjoy
Hope you will get some good rest over the weekend.

flnu Kudos for down two pounds!

nationalparker Good question about the water, I can tell I've had too much salt the last couple days because my rings are tight. Glad you've resolved your trip dilemma. Know that your parents already understand you care! Your willingness to help and concern show!

6crowsgold Kudos for a good Thursday. Hope your scale is friendly tomorrow!

maryann Hurray for another pound gone and exercise. Awesome relationship choices, being real will ultimately lower your stress. We use an attachment to our Weber gas grill to rotisserie. It is a big grill, so I can cook up to a small turkey on the post. Most often it is two chickens I grill. This way I know what is in/on the meat.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:44 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Default Saturday

Diet coaches

Did gym and stayed on plan so far today and the rest of the day is planned. I find gym a bit dull I have to say. I mainly do strength training because I don't feel up to the floor classes yet but perhaps I should look for some "doable" classes to sustain my interest. The PT says to stay away from the aqua if time per week is limited because it won't give the benefits I need. And the info on osteoporosis agrees. So need to find something to keep my interest on one of my visits. Most of them look a bit OTT I have to say - not sure that something called Shockwave would do it for me.

I kept walking around today denying myself things - I would have a random impulse to eat something and then I would have to say no because it wasn't on plan. I wasn't that interested in it but it was in my horizon of noticing and the impulse was to eat it. Not today

I am trying to use a budgetting program and it is driving me nuts. I usually put everything in an XL spreadsheet but I am fairly amateur at doing that. This program at least deals with recurring payments automatically but for the life of me I cannot work out how much money I have that is not allocated. And I think in fortnight period where it forces me into reconciling transactions in a month. I need a whole day to come to grips with it [which I think will be worth it] but I haven't got that time

BillBE - credit for taking a gym class with a fairly confronting name - and for improving as you do it. Credit for good enough on plan - I need to aim for that at least

ForMyGirls - glad you survived your horror month and welcome back . I am still in the thick of a horror 8 weeks (3 weeks to go) and then get 5 weeks respite thankfully to catch up on other work

CeeJay - Yay for moving on from a temporary glitch. Credit for catching yourself early and for posting when things are not perfect. Back on the horse and listening to the motivational ap

Debbie (Lexxiss) - I still haven't really figured out your various locations because I have dropped in and out. A swim shack over the mountains seems pretty grand. Hope the vinyl got put in its place and credit for "food has been acceptable"

Gardenerjoy - sympathy for allergies and dealing with the ramifications. Love your metaphor for the impact of good intentions

flnu - it's true! It is so possible to achieve personal bests when new to an activity or exercise. I like the positive spin on that. Yay for 2 pounds down - hope it is still there tomorrow

Nationalparker - Glad work is flexible and making it easy for you to care for your parents. You can't second guess what others [family] will think of your behaviour - you can only satisfy your own expectations and you are on track for that. Glad your "guilty weight" has lifted. I work from home [telework] a lot but don't have a lot of surveillance. As long as the job gets done no problem.

6crowsgold - still nothing to report on the fasting front but am thinking about what I might 'eat'. Wishing success for Saturday's weigh in.

Maryann - credt for approaching maintenance weight. And kudos for taking stock of the value and impact of relationships. Love your thoughts about the people who are in our lives. Whatever I do with the veggie drawer will not be too creative unfortunately - I am not the most interested cook in the world. Love food but hate preparing it

(AZ)Tricia - your usual high powered and full day by the look of it. You are fitting in a lot of exercise so credit. Your grandmother sounds worthy of emulation. Enjoy your quiet day - I am sure they are rare

Sorry - I seem to have rambled!

Credits
Ate on plan today - totally
Planned food for tomorrow - not yet
I logged food as I ate it - yes - to the mg
Weighed in and logged weight - yes - up 1.2 pounds
I did planned exercises - went to gym and walked 6000 steps so far
I didn't eat standing up - 90%
I checked in with my diet coaches - Yes
Listened to motivation recording - yes x 2
Scheduled time for diet and exercise - desk day tomorrow after dog walk
Old 03-29-2014, 06:46 AM   #260  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Saturday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Success for the day was installing the new digital timer switch for the bathroom vent fan. CREDIT moi for getting something done that was bugging DW. Exercise was dancing. Joy was going out of the house without a coat - like this rumor of spring might just happen.

Eating on plan, CREDIT moi, included leaving a table of snacks untouched during the evening. Homemade brownies called me the loudest, but I had to admit that I'll be offered homemade brownies again before I die. The Sabotaging Thought reared that the Tapenade (olive spread) was one I'd never seen with the label indicating that it was Middle Eastern. (Couldn't read the label nor recognize the language.) It was easy to gather the Helpful Response that all Tapenade is Middle Eastern since that's where the olives grow and that Tapenade is just a fancy word for broken olives that otherwise couldn't be sold. There's a jar in my pantry for whenever I add it to my plan - with its zillion calories. Oh Well.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Just loving the image of all the good intentions piling up on the floor beneath the window ready to be retrieved. Thanks for that. Congrats for retaining the ability to sleep for nine and a half hours.

CeeJay - So major, "but stopped way before I wanted to." I'm convinced that if we could just master that stopping, we'd never get too far off track. Kudos.

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Good to be reminded of a major key to success, "I keep a tight rein on my food environment" - Kudos for being aware.

Cheryl (GosfordGirl) – LOL at your gym class, "Shockwave." I have the same response to my gym's offering of Ripped and Insanity. Kudos for working to conquer that budgeting program.

maryann - Sending supportive thoughts as you work such a difficult arena as bringing relationships in line with your emerging self. Thanks for the jewel, "Some people are in my life for a season, some for a reason and a special few for a lifetime."

nationalparker – Kudos for having the sensitivity that your visit to help your parents will also be a tension for them hosting a guest. That level of awareness should help the situation. Difficult situations seem to require a "nutty thought process" to resolve.

ForMyGirls - Goodbye "horror month" - welcome approaching Fall down under. Yep, Kudos indeed for recommitting immediately.

Tricia (AZtricia) - Congrats for choosing to descend from such sturdy stock as your grandmother who's out line dancing at 88. I'm so jealous of all the menfolk in your life out launching rockets today.

flnu - Well, I'm allowed to get excited about the 160's even if you do bounce later. Congrats.

6crowsgold - Hope your weigh-in went well today. [Thanks for adding "Ellipticating" to my vocabulary.]

Readers -
Quote:
day 13 Overcome Cravings

what are you thinking?
The following are typical sabotaging thoughts with helpful responses. Make Response Cards for any you think apply to you.

Sabotaging Thought: I know myself. The next time I have a craving I won't want to control myself.
Helpful Response: That's probably true. But I can keep reminding myself that I don't want to be at the mercy of my cravings forever. To get rid of them, I'm always going to have to do one of two things: either give in and eat and never lose the weight I want or use the anti-craving techniques so often that I just won't have many cravings anymore. Once I find out these techniques really work, I'll be able to wait out my cravings so much more easily. I'll be glad when I get to the point where I don't have to be worried when I go to a party or eat out. I'll know for sure that I can tolerate these urges.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 133.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:57 AM   #261  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Happy weekend! I awoke early this morning to sleet/rain pinging the windows at 5:30 a.m. ... it's still coming down, alternating, and I decided a fire would be a relaxing way to start a weekend day that will be filled with misc home chores. DH is sleeping later today after a week of 4:30 a.m. starts. I have complete silence with the exception of the wind/rain/fireflicking and cat purring on my lap. At this moment, I want for nothing. I know I won't have my older cat much longer, but of course, hope for as long as I can while she's well, so I treasure the time she snuggles up on me. I've had her nearly 1/3 of my life. Healthy, light breakfast has me on a good track early on today.

We started discussing the idea of building an outdoor fireplace ... I still need to finish up (well, DO) my project from last summer that I never was able to figure out and for which I have a few hundred pavers piled up ... still. I've reworked it in my mind now that I can see it with no snow and think I have a solution to make it smaller and more doable for now. Sometimes I have to realize that good enough is good enough and I am not Martha Stewart and don't have her workers. Or her money. Or her ability. I bought two lovely pots on clearance last week - and I can picture them with small arborvitae in them and as a centerpiece on the patio table... I'm looking forward to the nurseries stocking up.

Snow is starting now with the falling temps. I hope we'll eat at home tonight before the theatre ... control the calories a bit more.

C'mon spring! I splurged and bought a magazine yesterday of Dream Decks and Patios and I think DH groans when he sees that come in the house. I have shown him oh, about 20 pictures so far. I know we won't have these $$$ home additions, but the ideas in the nooks/corners are what I love. Sorry for the non-Beck's posts, really, just random thoughts as I check in here lately. I am back under 170, but just BARELY.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:58 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 135/127/115

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,

My Big News is that I had a great Weigh-In for a total of 6 lbs gone in March. I'm on Cloud 9! [Maybe Cloud 10]. Entering territory where it becomes very difficult for me to hang in and continue to goal, trying to pep talk myself to "never, never, never give up."

maryann: Thanks for demonstrating that 50-somethings can actually lose weight. I'm 56 and part of my excuse has been the difficulties of dieting due to age.

AZtricia: Kudos to your grandmother, I have a nun friend who says "It would be a shame to get to the point of death and not be used up"!

GosfordGirl: Programs with names like Shockwave make me think of Big Guys in Black Techno-Gear staging an assault on the gym. Makes my osteoporosis-riddled bones quake!

BBE: Really, I'll be offered brownies again in the future? Promise???

nationalparker: My own efforts at Spring gardening are the basil seeds sprouting in their mini-greenhouse on my desk. Pesto!

Happy Weekend to all!

Last edited by 6crowsgold; 03-29-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:04 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

Weight one pound from ticker. Food is in MFP and Pilates is planned. Credit for shopping Grocery Outlet (a weekly ritual) and saying "No" to a double pack of two pound Velveeta loaves priced at an amazing $3.00. This is the cheese I use for Mac and Cheese (mom/s recipe) - the ultimate junk rabbit hole food. I stood with the four pounds in my hands and thought how DS would love me, how I could freeze the 8 casseroles it would make, how I could bring it to my extended family. Then I remembered - it wasn't really food - oh yes! It was a chemistry experiment of fat, sugar and salt and was too expensive for our bodies (in terms of health) at any price. I put it down and bought some small dairy produced Vermont extra sharp cheddar. Phew!

6crowsgold: Huge credit for six pounds gone. Wow!
I am at the place where I usually give up and not make myself lose the last three pounds. Maintenence for me is three pounds plus or minus 150 but I am virtually never minus three I do think my body has a set point which it prefers. To bust through to a lower set point I must be very willing to go to bed hungry, sit while eating and (most importantly) log everything.

nationalparker: You sound very content this morning, happy to have a weekend. It is a rare blustery day here. DH has taken DS to the wrestling tourni and I am gifted with a rare Saturday at home without a long list of to dos. I am hoping to let myself enjoy it.

Last edited by maryann; 03-29-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:36 PM   #264  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Exclamation floundering/flounders

Coaches

I just went back in the posts to see when I last posted and what's been said since then and in my head I believed it was at least a week, maybe a week and a half, in reality it's been 5 days. Geez.

I have not been on a plan, on plan or even near a plan in 5 days.

I was reading the book with my newly declared plan and it was going through a day 1, day 2, structure and on day 1 you have to clean your kitchen and you can't go on until you do and... well the kitchen she's still not cleaned up. So I feel "stuck". I also feel this to be "dumb" and "self-sabotagey" and yet it remains there in my head ruling me. It's now 12 days since I gave in to sugar and I have not stopped/restricted it since. I'm just checking in to maybe share this and turn the page on it. I am UNHAPPY being like this.
Hello??
I have two good plans, no three of them, all can work together and now even more reasons to stay/be healthier/fitter and, dare I hope, better looking as there will be photo-taking coming up since some of my hoped-for artistic projects are happening. I won an honorable mention on one of my prints, so a ticket to an event with Mucky-mucks is the prize. Put your best foot forward springs to mind and Look Sharp! too. Being of a smaller size helps that for sure.

I was also chosen to attend a print-making event in August (printing my woodblock print with a steamroller! I *may* get to drive it!) and I am submitting for a community event (in your neck of the woods BBE) which if I get accepted would be in early June. Also with many pictures being taken. Why can't I stay focused?

I relate to the discussion of "this is good enough...this is working" and then stopping. Like all I have to do is prove to myself that I can do it. Then, somehow for some reason, I don't have to do it anymore. Whaaaa? And, of course, I am wasting time and energy being angry with myself that I didn't stick to it for all these months, yet again, and I find myself in the same place for all that effort. Because it's not like I am not expending effort on this weightloss business. I am either trying, not trying, or trying to get back into it. What a hamster wheel. I need to put this into my arc cards somehow as a reminder. And now I'm ranting so I think I'll go pick up that book and read on and get back on track.

I have *credit* posted here, read my arcs, cooked from scratch and tracked from this moment forward.

I pledge to make a foodplan, an exercise plan and a do-these-things-daily-cause-you-feel-better-when-you-do-them-plan.

Thanks for reading.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:34 PM   #265  

Hello Coaches

Saturday is OP. Groceries are collected and put away. Bought some chard for the potassium, which diet power always shows low for me. Also stopped for some new exercise pants as the current pair is too large (hurray!). Have not heard from the boys, so I assume they are focused on the rockets. Today's launch also offers night launch, so they will be out late to see the lighted rockets. Grandma is being released from the hospital today, but still gets dizzy if she moves her head quickly so I hope she will be careful to not fall again.

Cheryl/GosfordGirl I don't like budgeting programs either as they seem difficult to master. Sounds like you really built your resistance muscle today - kudos! Hope you are able to find a workable exercise program.

BillBlueEyes Hurray for a new timer and pleasing your wife Kudos for resisting brownies and tapenade.

nationalparker Yuck to sleet! The firelight & a cat purring sounds relaxing. Glad you've decided on a plan that you can accomplish for your yard. Sending thoughts of spring your way!

6crowsgold LOL for your friend's quote, that must be my grandma's motto as she is on the go always. HUGE kudos for 6 pounds gone!

maryann Loved your cheese story, made me smile. Hope you enjoy your cheddar!

onebyone
Credit for posting. Sounds like you are really fighting with yourself over committing to lifelong healthy changes and being distracted over multiple plans is not helping - I've been there! Hope you figure out what is doable for you!

Last edited by AZtricia; 03-29-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:10 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Default Sunday Night - barely started

Hi Coaches

Some great and inspiring posts thanks. I am very behind with work - I have been at it today but couldn't get any coherence. I now have a narrative of sorts in my head so might finish in a couple of hours - sigh.

I am trying really hard to stay away from the roller coaster of things going great and then suddenly getting derailed somehow. I think I am on plan and then I notice little things have gone astray, and I find myself slipping in small unregistered ways. The constant vigilance that is necessary to stay on plan and on course is sometimes irksome and if I didn't come here everyday and read bits of Beck and my A&R cards it would be easy to drift away and into unbridled eating! It is this cycle which means I am saying exactly the same things I was saying in 2010 - it is weird and I am sick of it . Also the sense of failure and the negative self-talk when I slip or mess up is far more destructive than the actual food of course. And also "of course" Beck has said all that. Tonight I will eat food of unknown calorie content because I haven't got time to enter it as a recipe in MFP - but I have logged my popcorn!

Credits
Ate on plan today - so far but last night had unplanned popcorn. I think it has to leave the building. Not much left fortunately
Planned food for tomorrow - half the day
I logged food as I ate it - yes
Weighed in and logged weight - yes - same
I did planned exercises - none planned and just made 5000
I didn't eat standing up - 80% - grating cheese for dinner
I checked in with my diet coaches - Yes
Listened to motivation recording - yes x 3 - and downloaded (and paid for) his weight loss hypnotherapy recording - sucked in but haven't listened to it yet
Scheduled time for diet and exercise - walking tomorrow and in evening will plan food for week

Last edited by GosfordGirl; 03-30-2014 at 03:13 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:48 AM   #267  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Sunday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Just about my best day in a year. Did Pure Muscle Tone at the gym, CREDIT moi, where the instructor said at one point, "Now we'll take a rest" which we took in the plank position. Hardly a rest - the plank is hard for me. Much was hard for me but I persevered even if I didn't do all the reps he called for. Muscles felt worked enough to warrant a protein shake after it was over (that I counted as my morning snack).

The big food conundrum was a 1pm funeral with a reception. I hemmed and hawed until I planned to have some raw veggies at home at my usual lunch time and have the equivalent of my sandwich at the reception. That worked. I knew dozens of folks there so I had plenty of conversations to distract me. Ultimately, I had two finger-sized turkey sandwich slivers and some raw veggies. I ignored the liquid calories and the desserts galore. Felt super good about my food choices for the day, CREDIT moi. Yep, easily my best day in about a year.

Scale says two pounds gained for the day! Please send me some of those little lectures for reconciliation: It's only a number ... It's the journey that matters ... whatever. I'm stuck on No good deed goes unpunished, LOL.

onebyone – Yep, Kudos for posting, for cogitating about your situation, and for making a "do-these-things-daily-cause-you-feel-better-when-you-do-them-plan." Looking forward to a Beck Thread meetup in the Boston area.

Cheryl (GosfordGirl) – Yep, Kudos indeed for logging popcorn and paying for a motivational recording. Even when not beaming gleefully, you're working your program.

maryann - Super Kudos for leaving behind that 4 pounds of Velveeta for $3 that is selling at Amazon for $17.99. It helps me to ignore it seeing it at my supermarket on the unrefrigerated shelves next to identical shaped packages of lard. Yay for Vermont cheddar.

nationalparker – We have friends who are very happy with their very simple clay chiminea. Neat idea to view all the options to help find the simple one that fits for you.

Tricia (AZtricia) - Thanks for the reminder that I can get potassium from chard for a lot less calories than from my bananas. (But it probably doesn't do well atop a peanut butter sandwich, LOL.) Congrats on that exercise pants NSV.

6crowsgold - LOL at "Maybe Cloud 10." Congrats for a losing March.

Readers -
Quote:
day 13 Overcome Cravings

. . .Once I stop giving in to cravings and
they become much weaker and less frequent,
... . . . . . .dieting will be easier.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 134.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:02 PM   #268  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Angry argh.

Coaches

Wow I am truly irritated. I just had a skype conversation with my sister which ended up with me becoming really angry over the whole "why don't we get married business". Like there is something pathologically wrong with us for not doing that. I was trying to avoid telling her what happened with DH's mom on St. Pat's evening when she got her neighbour to ambush me over it in lieu of her talking to me/us about it. I had successfully avoided discussion with her
and did not want to tell my sister of the whole event because she has bothered me about the whole thing off and on as well. What gets me is that with my sister she simply doesn't *hear* me until I have a certain level of excitement/anger/animation in my voice and I do not like to get there or get pushed there. It's like if I am not *emotional* enough somehow it's not real/true/serious. I do not like to go there as I grew up like that with someone who lived to get those kinds of reactions out of you and then, when you were at the peak would turn it around and say "look how unreasonable you are". It was always a trap and I always fell for it and it makes me really angry and so here I am fuming. My sister said "I never knew you felt so strongly about it" even though I have been telling her for years. What she never saw was how angry it makes me to be pushed on this. Man.

OK and now onto other things. I am tracking today *credit* weighed in this morning: 269.4 *credit* and have planned my food for the day and my exercise for the week. I re-charged my fitbit *credit* and am continuing to read my new book with my new plan but am following my fitbit plan until I implement whatever changes I need to do to incorporate the book's ideas. For today I will have no sugar because it is not a good thing for me to eat. I will have fruit, fresh and/or frozen instead. I will alos drink some tea today and some water. I will head to the gym today and use the treadmill or the bicycle and do 20minutes on it.

Thanks for listening to my ranting yet again.

I plan to be on plan today = my only true goal for the day.

Last edited by onebyone; 03-30-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:25 PM   #269  
Green Tomatoes

Okay. It would help me follow a food plan if I wrote one. Done -- including our first meal from the grill this year. It's going to be a beautiful Sunday here. I'm not counting on any weather lasting.

If all goes as planned, I'll meet my exercise goal for March today, with a day to spare. I'm at 1475 minutes of 1500 this morning.

The last two days have been better. Retrieving my good intentions from the window sill has been a helpful visual. I'm glad some of you liked it, too.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:09 PM   #270  

Happy Sunday Coaches,

OP for today so far. I did not do my DVD yesterday, so I need to today once my stomach is empty from lunch. Had too much salt yesterday and scale shows up 3 lbs, yikes! I know it is not fat because I'm not eating enough calories for that...but I could pretend it is muscle from walking so much Friday!

Cheryl/GosfordGirl
Dismissing the negative self talk is more than half the battle in healthy lifestyle choices, at least for me. I think finally I've conquered most of them with the help of a class "Healing Journey" which addresses choosing to give up victim behaviors and have healthy boundaries and decisions.

BillBlueEyes I have absolutely NO desire to try a pb & chard sandwich Bummer that your scale did not reflect your great day. Kudos for hanging onto healthy choices anyway!

onebyone So sorry your sis pushed your buttons, not fun! Awesome choice to avoid sugar for today!

gardenerjoy Hurray for grilling! Kudos for all your exercise this month!

Last edited by AZtricia; 03-30-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Closed Thread