Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 02:10 AM   #106  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebyone View Post
Hello

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I have found the ideas on the flylady website very very helpful:

http://www.flylady.net/

That's all I got suggestion-wise.
Hey! Thanks!! I checked it out and it seems fine for a start. I'll try it out. Has it helped you?
Old 02-27-2014, 08:14 AM   #107  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirti4thirty View Post
Hey! Thanks!! I checked it out and it seems fine for a start. I'll try it out. Has it helped you?
Yes, it has helped a lot. In particular the idea of doing something for 15 minutes only. That is really life-changing for me. Letting go of perfection/procrastination (a work in progress) and also in times if panic (someone's coming over-yikes!) her "crisis cleaning" has saved my butt (search her site for that). And keeping the sink clean and shiny is truly key. I am still working on it but it is a relief to me now to have clean shiny sink.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:13 AM   #108  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Oh great! I really needed something like that.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:35 AM   #109  
persist

Arrow I should be celebrating but I feel let down

Hi Decluttering Peeps

Yesterday evening I opened the last unopened box of Box Mountain 2.0. I've seen all of it. One box was emptied, the other set aside. So, I should say here *credit* for opening all my boxes. Instead I felt/I feel overwhelmed at the place looks/feels like a wreck for all my effort. I still have major sorting to do. Oh well. I need 4 boxes: craft supplies-art supplies-completed artwork-show supplies. I have maybe 8?maybe more, overwhelmingly jumbled boxes of stuff I opened and set aside so I could deal with the stuff I know what to do with. I think I'll make it my business today to finish this project. Tomorrow the diabetes people come to pick up donations so that is great incentive to focus today. Also at the end of the week my sister is here from Florida. I'd like the common rooms looking good.

Bye for now.

OK just did some needed exercise (it really did clear my brain. huh.) and I am going to make a to do list on my giant white board and just move forward systematically today. I will update here at the end of the day with my credits.

MIDDAY UPDATE: What a SLOG! OMG declutterers. Yikes. 3, count 'em, three small shopping bags full of "stuff" =mostly papers and receipts that were emptied out of either a backpack or an old box or whatever to be sorted "later" were dealt with today as I said NO CHOICE to finishing the boxes that I chose from my pile. I am picking boxes for their location in my line of view from the couch to the dining room. The biggest offender, an ugly open top one, held many surprises and a real mix. I must have dumped into it several times.

I am sorting into a few brand new rubbermaid bins that are see through which is the best method for me right now. But I think my sorting labeling is wrong. What I thought would be a small box (jewellery and craft findings (clasps, earring hooks, pins) has ended up full of receipts. Like that box is almost full-though its paper so it can be squished down quite a bit. And the receipts in there are from 2013 all the way back to 2007. Having not done taxes for, oh, that long, I have to keep them. On the other hand, I am pleased to locate this stuff as I will need it cause taxes and talking to an accountant are on the agenda for the very very near future.

SO far today I sorted: 1 large box, two small boxes. x3
ALSO TODAY: sort clothes as the diabetes people are coming for pick up in the morning. They specifically asked for clothing and linen donations. Now's my chance to move some of that out of here too.

NOTE: I still feel overwhelmed if I think about it, but I am happier as I am doing something about it. I can at least feel at peace cause I am trying.

Evening update: just finished sorting all the linens in the linen closet. I was fairly ruthless donating some perfectly good stuff given to me by my mother in law. I just don't like the colour. I have enough without them. Still have my clothes to go through. It's probably a good thing it's getting late. I'm tired so I won't have the energy to be too picky or sentimental.

Last edited by onebyone; 03-02-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:22 AM   #110  
persist

Thumbs up on the porch

Good Morning

I have two boxes, one big, one small, plus one garbage bag of donations for the Diabetes people to come and pick up today. I went around the house one more time this morning and made sure the big box was full. *credit*credit*credit*

Today I will continue decluttering. I feel better about my progress yesterday. DH actually had input re: towels and linens and that felt good.

My goal today is the very large rubbermaid bin, and the next 2 or 3 boxes in/around the two furniture pieces that are buried by the boxes that remain.

I'm also tackling the bedroom. I might do that first. Specifically the area in front of my dresser and the closet door.

That list is probably too ambitious for today but I'll aim for it anyway.

Bye.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:53 PM   #111  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I'm back at it. Glad to see you're making progress, onebyone -- I'll think of you while I'm tackling my seemingly unending project.

March 3: 10 minutes filing
Old 03-04-2014, 08:25 AM   #112  
persist

Thumbs up

Today I am in the studio - the pottery studio and then the home studio as I won't have the car today. I will commit to sorting another box, or two at the most, but that's it for today. I have a submission deadline breathing down my neck for the end of the week.

Will check in later.

gardenerjoy Kudos for continuing on your project. I'm glad you are out there decluttering too

Last edited by onebyone; 03-04-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #113  
helpingrachel

Greeting to all!

I am going to commit to 30 minutes of decluttering of 2 rooms that I tend to ignore to keep the rest of the house in order. My Craft Room and Storage Space.
I think if I break it down to 30 minutes a day, it will not overwhelm me and will give me a place to be accountable.
I spent 6 hours on Monday spring cleaning the main floor. I washed ceiling fans and purged all areas. My daughter said it felt like spring when she came down for breakfast. Sad news it has been 10 degrees. So very sick of this winter.

Steady as she goes wins the race. Thanks for having this place to share.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:46 AM   #114  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi!

onebyone, such great progress you are making, and yes, I can relate to some disappointment as you finish one tremendous part of your process yet look around and see what you still have to do. Just keep going!!! (And maintain your losses, too)

I have been mia...very difficult to get to the computer sometimes. We finished on the project Friday night then I went right to the restaurant for five days straight. I gave myself a week to get the car sorted out since all our supplies just got dumped in. I have been making progress every day. I also made a commitment to improve at home every day since the last week we just flew in and out. I've done that, too. We are headed over to the pool house after work today. I'm in the office this morning tackling some paperwork before we go. That's my story.

I'm looking forward to being all caught up and being able to start my decluttering process in the yard again this spring. My little bit every day really worked for me last year.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:50 AM   #115  
Green Tomatoes

Good to see everyone! We've got some energy flowing here!

March 4: 10+ minutes filing
Old 03-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #116  
persist

Smile time

Hello

I'm not going to get everything done that I planned to before my sister comes tomorrow. My first printmaking deadline is Friday via email and my print isn't even done. Right now I can't even find my source material. Sigh. So I need to focus on where I'll get the most bang for my buck. I need to be ready in case she stays over some night. She is planning on hotel or B&B's but who knows if that will workout. I have be a viable alternative for her.

So...this is my focus:

1) back bedroom=clear off futon. Clean sheets and blankets.

2) kitchen=clear away all excess cardboard and bring to recycling depot. Clear away dishes and stuff on counters and table.

3)livingroom/dining room area=straighten up remove things from sight lines i. e. make it visually pleasing.

4)bathroom=clean floor and tub. put out fresh towels. declutter countertops/sink area.

Schedule

I can work on this tonight for an hour.

Thursday: in the afternoon IF my printing goes ok today.Alternative: tomorrow evening 1 hour.

Friday: my sister arrives at 3pm. I have 5 hrs max to get the place together.

Total work time=7hrs. I know l can get a lot done in 7 focused hours!

Must go...nice to see you guys checking in!

Last edited by onebyone; 03-05-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:35 PM   #117  
Green Tomatoes

March 5: 10 minutes filing
Old 03-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #118  
helpingrachel

Hi all!

Completed 30 minutes in creative space
Completed 30 minutes washing all the ceiling fans and wiping down lights.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:36 PM   #119  
helpingrachel

Grateful to have a place to share…..

Got a new refrigerator after the 23 year one kicked the bucket. So happy to be cleaning and organizing the freezer and Refrigerator. Looks so clean and new. I will have to wax the outside as they said that a woman put vinegar on her frig and rusted it out.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:33 PM   #120  
Green Tomatoes

Great to see your progress, helping_rachel!

Today was more unfiling than filing. I identified a couple of files that could get much smaller if I were more picky about the contents. I made the executive decision that we didn't need canceled checks from an account that was closed 14 years ago. Especially if I kept the statements.

March 5: 10 minutes filing
March 6: 10 minutes filing
March 7: 45 minutes filing
Closed Thread