Free Yourself DeClutter Challenge:New Year 2014-Vernal Equinox aka Spring-Mar 20.

You're on Page 6 of 10
Go to
  • Kudos, gardenerjoy, for taking the steps to pass the Wii to someone who will enjoy it! Great that you're back to your daily filing project, too!

Another long day at the project with another "issue" to deal with. Plumbing/heating snafu. This morning I woke up pretty stressed....started worrying. I got to my morning routine and I'm feeling better now. I wish this project would end and instead more things just keep creeping up. Oh, well. I'll do my 3 Essentials before I head out for the day even though I just feel like walking out the door right now thinking 3 extra hours will solve the problem. It won't.

This morning, I find myself thinking how this all relates to my food plan. I feel more in control when I make a plan and eat within the parameters of MY plan.
  • 4: disassembled the Wii and got it in a pile
    5: moved Wii downstairs, clearing a small table in my study for something wonderful (that I don't know what is yet)
    6: straightened up for cleaning crew
    7: 10 minutes filing
    8: 10 minutes filing
    9: organized for the week
    10: 10 minutes filing
    11: 10 minutes filing
    12: 10 minutes filing
    13: Wii to new home
    14: cleaned ceiling fan & other 2-story high nooks & crannies using shop vac with lots of extensions
  • Quote: Another long day at the project with another "issue" to deal with. Plumbing/heating snafu. This morning I woke up pretty stressed....started worrying. I got to my morning routine and I'm feeling better now. I wish this project would end and instead more things just keep creeping up. Oh, well. I'll do my 3 Essentials before I head out for the day even though I just feel like walking out the door right now thinking 3 extra hours will solve the problem. It won't.
    It got worse before it got better-2 cracked bathtubs, many trips to hdepot and working until past 7 trying to get the bathtub to fit.....Good news is....the plumber wants to rent the place...soon AND we went through the unit and made a large list of things we thought had to be done that he doesn't feel necessary. There is beginning to be light at the end of THIS tunnel!
    A great reason to let go of expectations/anticipations and take things one day at a time!

Today I work early at the restaurant. I've got to get doing. Despite that I've done my 2 Essentials (DH is still in bed). I wasn't home long enough yesterday to do much cluttering.
  • This morning required a declutter and I resisted the "I'll do it later" thought. 3 Essentials complete and I'm in the middle of the declutter. It's amazing how quickly it can re-accumulate if I don't stay on top of it. I'm headed up to the project soon and I'll be happy that I took the time when I return home.
  • Following Joy's filing example, I'm working on a file a day. They were taken out of the wooden filing cabinet to be able to move it when plastering was done back in October. I intend to paint that room so that's why I haven't put them back. It's months later and they are still under the clothes rail in our bedroom. So I'm going through them one by one, throwing things away, and putting them back into the cabinet until I am actually on the point of painting.

CREDIT!
  • Quote: Following Joy's filing example, I'm working on a file a day. They were taken out of the wooden filing cabinet to be able to move it when plastering was done back in October. I intend to paint that room so that's why I haven't put them back. It's months later and they are still under the clothes rail in our bedroom. So I'm going through them one by one, throwing things away, and putting them back into the cabinet until I am actually on the point of painting.

CREDIT!
    Credit!
  • catching up
    Hello Everyone

*credit* for moving 5 boxes of stuff from the apartment to the studio where I sorted them. This has freed up the kitchen once and for all. *credit. More cardboard to breakdown for garbage day this week.

*credit* for dishes done, and one sinkful left. *credit* for cleaning out fridge and getting rid of expired things.

Lexxiss
    sorry about the unexpected issues in your reno. Awesome that the plumber wants to rent it. How great is that? Had you procrastinated on this job that plumber may not have seen the place and not wanted to rent it. You never know what unexpected benefits can come from doing what you need to do. *big credit* Actually, you would be the exact type of landlord I would want to rent from--you look after the place and care about it. I am sure that all figured into it too!

gardenerjoy great progress so far this month. It would be so easy to dismiss 10 min of filing in the course of a day, but look at your list! It all really adds up and why it's so motivating to keep track. *big credit*

silverbirch and everyone else Just wanted to and say hello on this snowy Canadian Sunday.
    5: moved Wii downstairs, clearing a small table in my study for something wonderful (that I don't know what is yet)
    14: cleaned ceiling fan & other 2-story high nooks & crannies using shop vac with lots of extensions
    15: Take care of Christmas cards
    16: cleaned behind two big chairs and the buffet
  • I have 9 days before the plumber moves in and lots to do. I'm already using my Beckplanning skills to develop the game plan....I'm committed to keeping things going at home, too. 3 Essentials done. credit.
    17: rearranged TV components
  • end is in sight.
    I was just in the kitchen and looked over to the dining room and went wait a minute... I can actually see right to the window and my box mountain is more like a gentle hill now. Credit moi!

And on the strength of this I'm going to do a big leap forward in here today.

Today's plan is to go through all the boxes that are in front of the dining room bookcase or spend three hours focused on this task aiming to go through the pile.

My other task is to cut all the cardboard up for garbage day.

Will update later.

UPDATE: Didn't go through any boxes and managed to cut up and tie up 4 bundles of cardboard for recycling which was only one giant box--which took almost an hour! *credit* for getting rid of the biggest most obtrusive box. Back at it tomorrow.

:
  • Yay onebyone! The thought that crossed my mind is just how much free time you will have for other projects once you pass this milestone! Credit!

My new tenant wants to be moving in on Feb 27/28 so I am on the downhill with lots of stuff inbetween. I need to leave soon for a homedepot that is 1/2 hour away for some supplies I can't get closer.

I went to bed early last night to prepare for these next 5 very busy days. When I got up the bed got made immediately and I did the kitchen while coffee was making. Laundry is done I checked last night. 3 Essentials done. credit. I looked around for clutter and was granted a reprieve there because I worked on clutter yesterday before work.

Off I go!
  • keepin on keepin on
    Hello and Good Morning:

My day will be broken up today so I am committing to a final removal of all things from the kitchen area.
    This means:

1) dishes done
    2) stuff off the floor
    3)moving the things that are leaning against the kitchen table from the opposite side-the dining room side.

GOAL: I want to be able to walk all around the table by the time I go to bed tonight, with nothing on, or under the table.

Lexxiss go go go! Soon that project will be history and you'll have a solid tenant! awesome. I was *thrilled* to read you looked around for decluttering and there was nothing. BIG CREDIT YOU!
    I never thought about having more time once this project gets done. Weird how I don't consider all the time I spend obsessing/fretting/depressed over the state of my home. Wow. If it gets done, you are right. I DON'T have to spend time on that any longer. Thanks for that thought...

gardenerjoy looking forward to what makes it to your list as #18!

silverbirch how are you progressing with your files?

to everyone reading and/or lurking. Have a good day.
    17: rearranged TV components
    18: move table to sunroom, helped set up new TV
    19: prep for cleaning crew
  • more realism. less fretting.
    Hi Everyone.

I can walk on all sides of the kitchen table this morning *credit*

Plan for Today

1) my mom's laundry + 1 load of mine. NOPE

2) dishes done NOPE
    3) pull all my prints and canvases and framed things together into one area and put into the car tonight when DH gets home with the car YES but not in the car at
    4) bring extra artwork to studio or locker tonight NO
    5) spend an hour going through boxes NO
    6) spend an hour on art submissions--turns out I actually have four deadlines coming up! Yikes! YES
    7)spend an hour breaking down boxes NO