Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #271  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

My 100% OP streak count is 9.

I really did skip my snacks and that was an excellent idea because there was no way to plan for supper. Magic happens when you go to a restaurant with someone who knows the owner, manager, chef, and half the wait staff. Food just starts arriving, whether you ordered it or not! Just to see what you think. And we thought it was all amazing. The best meal we've eaten in St. Louis.

WI: NA kg, Exercise: +30 1215/1400 minutes for December, Food: 100%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

ForMyGirls: I know exactly what you're talking about. It's just astounding the changes in my brain around food -- and how they have transferred to every other challenge in my life.

bethFromDayton: your story of the collaborative art project at your dinner table made me laugh!
Old 12-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #272  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: high water mark/working on it

Height: 5-4

Good day! I want to go back and read all of the posts, but need to check in with a quick note before a longer personals note later. We got home a few hours late last night with maintenance issues on the plane. Poor DH is at work already, starting early this morning.

Decided to not weigh in right after getting back, then thought, what the heck, it's just "data" right? So was very pleased to be at 171.2 as I typically drop a bit a few days after returning home/flying.

My sister took off for her sons/grand kids the day after Christmas. Amazing how everything improved from that point on. All of the drama seemed to leave with her down the driveway. My parents were more relaxed; we just all interact much differently without her in the picture. I couch things to my folks in a more positive/worry way (ME: that wound looks much better now, doesn't it - but what I'm concerned about now is this one... let's really monitor this, okay, Dad?. ... SIS: OH MY GOD that looks HORRIBLE - IS THAT GANGRENE? [no, a scab] ... etc. So of course when she mentions anything it gets everyone riled up.)

Credits for me were skipping crappy airport food, limiting my indulgences to about 200 calories a day while at home.

My mom hasn't been eating much at all. I offered to make them a homemade pot roast with carrots and onions and mashed potatoes and they actually (surprisinly) took me up on it, so I did that and Dad loved it. Mom took a few tiny amounts of stuff, then asked for more. Success! I was so happy she had interest in eating. I wish I'd have had the time to make more. I think the smell of it cooking for a few hours helped increase her appetite. I don't eat beef or pork, so just had some veggies and turkey. Worked out great. DH loves pot roast, so a definite treat for him, as well. I have a 40's style homemaker inside me that longs to emerge now and then

Enough rambling here. Apologies for the long-winded note.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 173/161/ 154

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

I have come up for air. I am surveying the food damage of four days of holidaying. At some point in my life, I would like to consider or reconsider my extended family's need for multiple holiday events. Will I find that I am the one perpetuating it? Now that I am in my "jubilee year" I should start taking responsibility for my "co dependent" patterns.

The black and white data of the food massacre: three and a half pounds above ticker and 0 exercise days. The silver lining credits were two deliberate trips to the market to get salad when the buffets provided none and great communication with DH to help support me through the blues.

Oh Well. I move on.

Today is the day I must pack to go on the five day New Year's beach journey. This is easier than the last four days because
A. It is not with my crazy family.
B. The boys and I have our own condo with kitchen.
C. My college buddies are all fairly health minded and don't care who eats what.

So I have decided. I am packing my vita mixer for two smoothies a day. I am bringing bikes for exercise and tennis shoes for lovely walks along the shore.

bethFromDayton: I absolutely agree with the Beck principle of "Outa Sight, Outa Mind" I just put the stocking candy in the snack cupboard which I don't have to open.

ForMyGirls: Glad the forums helped. I have decided on aiming for a 33% reduction in my discretionary spending (clothes, gifts, dining out, vacation, entertainment). It seems drastic but I spent a great deal of money this year completely changing my wardrobe (sizing down) and we travelled often when I was in school. Now I want to build back my three month prudent reserve and then save for a trip to Hawaii for my family next December. It sounds Like I am off topic writing all this on this forum but the food addiction is directly linked to spending. Now that I have reached maintaining in food, I am empowered to do the same with spending.

BBE: While kids were bowling downstairs at local university, I was upstairs raiding the bargain books. I found an interesting essay assessing Anne Frank as a novelist - not a historical figure. Excellent book for would be writers like me by a terrific instructor -Francine Prose. Also a new copy of Northanger Abbey and a modern sequel to Pride and Prejudice - Longbourne. What is it with gals like me getting stuck in the 19 century?

nationalparker: I sympathize with family members who stir up the drama. Today was the day for the dramatist foreshadowed by the emails I deleted. I made another new healthy choice and let DH attend with DS. I stayed home to pack and putter. What a difference! DH doesn't buy into any of it and sets beautiful boundaries. Yeah for choosing not to participate.

Last edited by maryann; 12-28-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #274  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Hi all,

Today is 18 days of tracking everything. My streak continues.

Food was OP, although I made multiple adjustments to my plan--but they were all within plan parameters, so I consider that a win.

My weight is back down under 180, as of this morning. I want it to do that twice in a row before I update my ticker, but I was so thrilled when I saw the 178.6 that I got on the scale twice more just to see it again! I didn't expect it to be different--just wanted to enjoy the feeling!

Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 12-29-2013, 04:02 AM   #275  

S/C/G: 106.4/ticker/?? (kg)

Height: 169cm

Hello coaches,

A streak of 24 for me and a team total of 114!

My credits for the day - listened to myself properly and recognised that what I needed to do today was relax - historically I can get so caught up in tasks when I am on holiday that I forget to do the relaxing part. second credit is for still doing my scheduled exercise etc while I was relaxing and adjusting my food plan for the day straight after breakfast to take into account that I wouldn't be getting extra exercise from gardening and spring cleaning.

National parker - great to hear you are doing OK after all your holiday family challenges

Maryann - well done you for being so accepting of the fall out from your challenging holiday period

Beth - great to hear that the scales are reflecting all the hard work you have been doing to get back on track!
Old 12-29-2013, 05:04 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Quick check in - I was on plan for food yesterday and today. I forgot to log in yesterday but I did log all food for both days and have stayed on plan

Today I was wondering how I would meet my steps goal as I was staying in and I also wanted to cook something that I lacked all the ingredients for. So I decided to walk to the shops - I wouldn't ordinarily do that so it is a welcome shift in thinking and behaviour. My weight is going down slowly towards the pre-Christmas liberties mark thankfully.

BillBE - you are still showing us the way with reduced snacking - it is a great example you give. I LOL at the nuts tradition and your DW's annoyance over left over nuts;
Lexxis - I am sorry for the loss of your BiL at this time of year - always difficult but holiday season makes it more poignant
Beth - I liked the image of a barrier so you couldn't see the apple pie and all your friends getting involved in helping. Out of sight is definitely out of mind. At the motel I was staying over Christmas I packed up all the chips and biscuits and so on and stuck them in a cupboard behind the bin. Worked like magic. Hope you found a car
ForMyGirls - kudos for knowing when you are full and stopping at that point.
GardenerJoy - dinner sounded amazing - and still on plan!
Nationalparker - it is so difficult to watch a parent fade so my sympathies. Great idea with the pot-roast so good thinking. I am glad you got to spend some quiet time with them after your sister left
Maryann - LOL at food massacre - it certainly feels a bit like that. Credit for planning a way back to on-plan while you are away
Beth again! - Congrats on the weight loss - I hope it is still there tomorrow!

night coaches
Old 12-29-2013, 07:36 AM   #277  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Sunday - Pepper Pot Soup Day

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Splendid day birding at Plum Island just north of Boston. Lots of walking on the beach, CREDIT moi, as well as a zillion calories spent just for being out in the cold wind coming off the Atlantic. Special treat to see two Razorbills as well as as dozens of both Common Loons and Red-throated Loons. Snowy Owls are abundant due to an unusual irruption from Canada. We saw two but in recent days as many as 18 have been spotted.

Eating was on plan, CREDIT moi, including snacks to increment my streak to 39. It was notable that I didn't pack a granola bar (nee candy bar) for a morning snack as I've always done with the notion that I'd be hungry. When I'm out, I don't think about being 'hungry' and certainly I'm not stomach hungry since I'd had breakfast. Also notable that a box of German gift goodies opened in the car on the drive home in the late afternoon and I passed when twice offered a dark chocolate covered shortbread - a favorite. I just had the thought that I'd want to have a handful which wouldn't fit into my snack plan - and I'm determined to use this streak business to get my Resistance Muscle back in shape.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Drooling over your "Magic" meal where food just starts appearing.

Cheryl (seadwaters) – Kudos for tweaking your routine by walking to the shops.

maryann - Jealous of your digging in the university bargain books. I don't get the notion of Ann Frank as novelist - my head is stuck that she simply wrote her diary. Kudos for "Oh Well. I move on." Have a super New Year's beach journey in case you wonder off the ether.

nationalparker – Wonderful story making the pot roast that broke the eating resistance. Kudos for cooking beef that you don't eat. LOL at "40's style homemaker inside me."

Beth (bethFromDayton) – Yay for adjustments within plan and a scale producing happy numbers.

ForMyGirls - Relaxing is good for the soul.

Readers -
Quote:
day 9 Select an Exercise Plan

Solve Common Exercise Problems
Though dieters have told me about many problems they initially thought were unsolvable, we were able to figure out solutions. Here are a few: . . .

Problem: I have physical limitations.
Solution: Many people can swim or take a water fitness class. Others need to start with physical therapy. Consult your health care provider for a referral to an appropriate program.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 109.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 01-02-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #278  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: high water mark/working on it

Height: 5-4

Struggled to stay on track while home alone all day yesterday, but I'm counting it as a success. I don't know where I'm standing on streak, so off to count it - I just seem to hit the sack, thinking, whew - worked hard at it today, even just saying no or passing a tray of cookies was hard. I suspect I have to go back in this thread to find my streak count.

DH will be off tomorrow, on our anniversary, and my idea for him isn't going to work, as he's now going to buy it with his bonus from work, which is fine by me, because I don't know specs of what he wants (drill press). So now back to the drawing board to come up with something else that will be a good gift. I just held that in my mind for weeks and thought that was the plan. Now I'm scrambling. He gave me my gift early a few weeks ago - a new wedding band. If anyone has good ideas, pop 'em in your post!

I'm feeling a bit of a fraud here because I'm not reading my response cards the past few days, I feel like I'm not fully using the Beck principles in my daily life to work this weight loss. But then I think the No Choice is there often, along with the Oh Well. But I certainly don't use all of the skills we're supposed to, so I'm going to pull the book out and work on at least adding in one more per week.

Scale dropped another half pound and I'm just itching to get to the 169s. If we go out for dinner tomorrow for the anniversary, I know that'll kick that out of the realm of possibility from the sodium alone, probably.

Thank you to everyone for your caring thoughts on my mom/family drama. Which in writing looks so silly together because my mom is the least dramatic person I know. A quiet New Englander. I left there being able to say, see you in four weeks, though I think it actually is five.

Bill - Credits continue for your impressive streak and passing on the chocolate covered shortbread. I would have figured SOME way to work that in. And therein lies the issue, I guess, huh?

Seadwaters - Wonderful thinking to walk to the shops for what you needed. You're working on a new lifestyle!

ForMyGirls - Enjoy this time of peace while alone in your home. Glad you took time to relax. I love time alone and seem to rarely get it, but revel in it when it comes. Great change of thinking from I don't want to break the streak to it's now or later, not now or never. Kudos!!

Beth - Great job on getting right back on track, logging in and counting everything. Also kudos for passing on desserts you don't need. When do you adjust your ticker? I love seeing it go down and you're way down from where it's showing! I think I get as excited to see others' tickers drop as my own. ha ha.

Maryann - I love that you deleted those emails w/o reading - that is a major accomplishment and one that I just am not at yet. If asked if you read them/received them, what would your reply have been? Just info because I like that option.

Lexxiss - Condolences to you and your family on the loss of your BIL. What a tough time of the year to happen. Nice that the memorial will be when all can attend. Thoughtful and appreciated, I'm sure.

PamatGa - Major credits abound for sticking with your plan for the holiday and not getting sidetracked with additional food. Great job!! That IS empowering. May that continue to fuel you!

GardenerJoy - You seem to keep plugging away no matter what. I'm impressed! And motivated! I like that you noted what your nephew enjoyed and skipped the things he did as well. Good cues.

LoseToAll - My heart goes out to you with the double issue of both sets of parents and the surrounding stresses. I, too, face "scared of being hungry" issues - mine are typically only around traveling (stuck on the tarmac for hours? No sweat, I have dry cereal and nuts in here) and camping/hiking when on a vacation. When do you notice that "scared of being hungry" feeling most? My friend has it when running errands, and so brings snacks in the car, but then feels compelled to eat them every time to stave off potential hunger.

I know I can't do personals to all, so waving hello to MikeB, systemsaddict, wondering if BeverlyJoy is still checking in and if so, happy holidays to you, as well.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #279  
persist

S/C/G: 296/276/159

Height: 5' 6"

Exclamation Back

Coaches

Just call me Yo-yo. OMG. Up down up down. This last month ahs been a very heavy one emotionally. Most of it was spent in heavy emotional entanglements with my sister as we spent 15 days together at her place hashing out an art book project. That tested us. Foodwise it was good. Exercise wise even better. Being in key West brings out the walker in me. I frequently took 2-3 hours walks effortlessly. And she now had a large pool (100 small strokes to swim the perimeter! 10 good strokes to cross it in one direction.) I swam everyday though they thought i was crazy as the water was 73-78F. The air about the same. I thought it was fine and it was and it was actually better than fine. They don't even like pools and have been in it maybe once since they moved in there in August. So between the swimming, the walking, the fresh fish and my sister watching my food like a hawk (that was depressing and tough for me) I lost 7lbs in that time. Then I came home: to an ice storm, to no power, to taking in MIL and mom at the same time, into an apartment that isn't clean enough, roomy enough or clutter free enough for the likes of them. We lost power one night then ours came back and theirs stayed off. The home where my mom lives was beinbg evacuated and we were asked to take our family if we could, so we did, and MIL was plain stubborn and in our 23 years of living together she has stayed overnight with us one night about 22 years ago. Thankfully we deposited them both back at their houses the next day and after several confrontations about the state of our home "I know I didn't raise my son to live this way" and my mom who with her alzheimer's repeats things "*gasp* look at your boxes! You have so much stuff! get rid of it" (over and over and over-complete with the *gasp* everytime) well xmas was the next day so we skipped it and re-scheduled until today. I am about to wrap gifts and head off to get my mom and bring her to MIL and eat a dinner I don't want.
I am buoyed by the though that this is the last required holiday thing for me. I cannot wait to see the back of 2013. I just feel beaten up these days.
Needless to say, I treated myself with food. But tomorrow my fitbit flex arrives with the scale that syncs with it. I return to my gym, which I was getting into right before I left for Florida. It waits for me. And my normal everyday wonderful life waits for me. I fear I've done a lot of weight damage this time though. I'd say I was tired of doing this, but I am even tired of saying that as it comes up so often.

I'm just going to put this behind me and begin again.

Thanks Coaches for reading.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #280  
Green Tomatoes

My 100% OP streak count is 10.

I forgot to report that MiL's diet wasn't as bad as advertised. I've sent her menus and recipes, which is what she said she wanted, but she still reports being overwhelmed. Which may mean that the resistance is more than a lack of structural support. I told her about the Beck books before, but maybe I'll try reminding her about them again. I suspect what she needs right now is a good Advantages List, because I'm not sure she's seeing that part of the picture right now.

WI: NA kg, Exercise: +50 1265/1400 minutes for December, Food: 100%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

maryann: I just started a Francine Prose book -- Reading Like a Writer. A friend gave it to me because she thought it was perfect for me -- looks like she was right!
Old 12-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #281  

S/C/G: 173/161/ 154

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

Credit for back OP. I feel my body trying to free itself from the the addiction of sugar, fat and salt that I let myself have over the four days. I have to withdraw all over again.But I have made a good start. Yoga in ten minutes and then off to the ocean (Pacific).

ForMyGirls: FYI, I bookmarked another interesting blog Frugal Queen. it looks good.

nationalparker: The truth is, my family is so large (five brothers and sisters plus marrieds) I am often lost in the shuffle and people don't think too much about me. (More so now that I am not drama central.) But if someone asks me about the particulars in a email or says, "I needed a response" I say, "Sorry, I don't check emails regularly or thoroughly. If you really need to talk to me, call me." I have found that drama is much less in phone calls. People don't always hold themselves accountable in email speak. Also, on the phone i can hear the inflection in voices avoiding misinterpretation.

BBE: Do you think I will see birds on the Pacific Coast other than seagulls?

gardenerjoy: Reading Like a Writer is my all time favorite writing book. I was introduced to it at Goddard.

onebyone: good to hear from you.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #282  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

Hello all! I am back. I did not expect to be gone two plus days but life suddenly got very busy.

onebyone: I am sorry that you have so many "interferences" in your life during the holidays. That seems to be a common theme. I always hate to admit this especially to those people who haven't a clue what I am talking about but I am so glad that my biological family is 986 miles away. I cringe just listening to the drama as my younger sister recounts it "blow by blow". She does not see her part in it and that is even more tragic.

maryann: As I have said before I have a tri-core addiction and dysfunctional relationships have been a part of my "past" personal history. Melody Beatty has written wonderful books on codependency that I wholeheartedly recommend. In fact, I think she may have coined the phrase originally. I ended up in therapy, both group and individual, 21 years ago, for this area of my life. It means periodic "housecleaning" in terms of what relationships I will allow and to what degree but I am a much more peaceful and happy person as a result. IMHO, I prefer to "observe" the drama from a distance. I have also discovered that some relationships must go completely and those that may remain may be able to be salvaged. It is a tenuous process but it can be done if the commitment is there on both sides. One healthy person and one unhealthy person do not make a good bond. Period. Never will.

Having said that it doesn't mean that my heart doesn't break quietly and silently when I want a relationship (like with my adult daughter) to be "more than it is" but I am patient. We exchanged one sentence each over Christmas. It is a start. I realize how fragile this is and I am willing to take her cues. Also, a very long standing bitterness (try 40 + years) between my Dad and I have completely melted and we show a lot of genuine love and concern for each other. It is a beautiful thing when Love conquers. It really is.

beth and nationalparker for your respective weight loss. I love your pie story beth. It is my motto as well: "out of sight and out of mind". The flip side of that is " if it is in the cupboards or refrigerator, it will be eaten." Does this resonate with anyone else? It is sort of the food version of "build it and they will come": "have it in the house and it will be eaten." Yes, it will, no matter what I say 10x while circling like a vulture coming in for the kill.

losetoall: I don't know how your state handles these but I suggested to my Mom while she was alive that they consider a reverse mortgage and since it was one of the rare times she actually listened to me my parents did this so they could buy a new furnace as well as other much needed improvements to their house. She was contemplating making "elderly-friendly" adaptations right before she died. My sister has since found out that she can buy back the house and put it in her name from the company who now did the reverse mortgage which is something that I didn't know was possible. Also, the estate attorney told my Dad that it was the smartest thing they did (no credit given to me of course for the idea--"Oh,well"--I am good daughter even though I have never been given credit for it. "Oh, well" again) since when Dad was faced with an additional $60K in medical bills that Medicare didn't pay (they paid $600K) the Mayo Clinic couldn't "go after" my parents home because of it being in a reverse mortgage contract. I can't take credit for knowing that beforehand, because I didn't, but it was nice to know that Dad always has a home (paid for) until he dies.

BBE I had to smile when you mentioned post holiday shopping for your "deal of the day" because that is precisely why I was M.I.A. the past couple of days. We are in a weather loop here in north GA where it is pouring down rain every weekend for the past month so we decided to "carpe diem" and get out among the crowds before we were doing it in the rain. Last night, while we were doing our last little bit, I had to doubly smile: there were two young men who were securing a new mattress set (it was covered in clear plastic) on top of their car in the pouring down rain. "Bless their respective hearts". I am just jealous. I wish I would have had the money to do the same. We bought a new bed last summer for our guest room and we need a new mattress. They got the last one. Poop!

ForMyGirls: I have said this before but it bears repeating: my food plan does well when my money plan does well and vice versa.

Well, although I won't know if I actually lost any weight this past week, I will say that I haven't gained any as of this morning's weigh in (I weigh in every morning) so even if I don't realize the lose that I want; for me, this is a historical FIRST! I have ALWAYS gained between 8-10 lbs between the time of Thanksgiving and New Year's Day so I will definitely call this as a BIG WIN for me. Excuse my drama here but, gosh golly, this is so HUGE for me.

I have big plans for 2014 and what shook me into "hey, it is coming" is the leader of another group (one I have been connected with for three on again off again years) reminded everyone first weekly weigh in is tomorrow morning. So, lots of H20... "sodium be gone" is my chant for the rest of today...."sodium be gone, sodium be gone".

Beck works if you work it. End of story!

To all the readers and lurkers, have a Happy 2014 if we don't see you post any time soon.

Take care, Pam

Last edited by pamatga; 12-29-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #283  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Hi all,

Today was an unplanned day with OP eating choices. I even ended up leaving fruit and salad at dinner time when I got full. I had an evening snack of popcorn--I hardly ever have an extra evening snack but I've been craving popcorn lately and it fit into the program today.

The car shopping on Saturday was unsuccessful. I thought I'd come away infatuated with one or more cars, but we didn't try any that I'm even enthusiastic about a second date to get to know better.

This is the beginning of a holiday week for me. DD is here now and at some point, DS will join us as well. My BFF is arriving Wednesday, at least one other friend is arriving Thursday, and about 20 friends are arriving on Friday.

I've already purchased candy for baking (kisses and M&Ms) and eating (the same).

My food plan for the time period is to record everything I eat--everything. Also, even during party time, to put everything I eat on a plate and sit down with that plate. Both of those are things I abandon during these weekend long party extravaganzas, so those are the things that I am going to focus on.

I want to keep up my streak--and that really is a motivating factor. Today is Day 19 of recording everything I've eaten.

Also, I'm still below 180, so I updated my ticker accordingly--I never want to see the 180s again!

ForMyGirls: Credit for relaxing--and a streak of 24!!!

seadwaters: Credit for walking to the store--that's a great way to get exercise. Bill is inspiring, isn't he?

BillBB: What a wonderful birding day--and great exercise.

natonalparker: Credit for standing firm on a challenging day. As for DH gifts, I actually gave mine a table saw last year--I knew he'd want to pick it out himself, so I made a tiny one out of cardboard and aluminum foil. He still hasn't picked one out :-), but that's not on me. I'll go to Home Depot anytime! Does he need/want a cordless dremel tool? I got one for DH for his birthday and he likes it. (As an addition to, not a substitution for, a corded full power dremel tool) (tools? yes, we like tools) THanks for encouraging me to update my ticker!! It feels good to know you notice!

onebyone Credit for checking in with us, letting us know how you're doing, and for beginning again. for all of it.

gardenerjoy: I love watching your excercise numbers climb! I hope your MIL can find calmness in figuring out her diet.

maryann: Sugar is addicting, isn't it--the withdrawal is hard. Credit for yoga--and some jealousy that you get to head to the ocean!

pamatga: I agree--I prefer not to keep stuff in the house that I like and doesn't fit into my plan. Holidays are bad for that, though--and I have one more holiday week to get through.

I still need to enter tomorrow's meals into MFP. I've already packed lunch for both Monday and Tuesday (the only days I'm working this week) and put a reminder note on top of my purse.

I haven't planned the week's meals--but DD and I will do that tomorrow when I get home from work and then grocery shop together.

Take care, all.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:32 AM   #284  

Hi everyone! Well I have now read the Beck book (pink one) all the way through quickly, then gone back to the start and worked through 'studying' it. I am using Evernote as my diary / response cards system because I do everything organisational electronically anyway, so I have one note for each 'day' of the book then additional notes as response cards / tables to fill in / etc.

I'm on day 14 now which is plan your food day, so I'm giving myself today and maybe tomorrow to do some detailed menu planning. I want to get a rotating menu/groceries plan set up rather than having to start from scratch every day or week.

I didn't actually plan to start the actual 'eating' part of it on New Year's Day but now I'm getting close to that anyway it seems to make sense to get the societal support! So I think today and tomorrow are planning and prep time and then New Year's Day the new eating well plan begins.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:22 AM   #285  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Quick check in coaches. I have had an on plan day and this is my second day in a row checking in. Exercise today was parking a long way from where I was going to shop and walking the difference - credit for doing something I dislike to make sure my steps were up. I am a bit preoccupied with other things tonight but wanted to make sure I checked in. Hopefully I will have time tomorrow for personals

Credit for cooking food from scratch, walking, staying on plan. I also bought a kindle version of Beck so that I can refer to it - I have the hard copy stored in a box somewhere

Waving to all
Closed Thread