Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #31  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Coaches!

Still here...still battling project frustrations and common colds (better than the flu!). I'm still maintaining, which I consider a success during trying times. Food was off Sunday (although not too bad) and was back on track again yesterday. I'm headed downstairs for a written food plan today. credit.

Happy Birthday (belated) to onebyone!

CeeJay, nice job getting right back on track!

sparks, great that you have planned ahead for today's mystery lunch!

to all!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Thanks coaches for the encouragement. Off to a better start today.

Today I need to:

ride exercise bike in AM done
arm/shoulder exercises done
go for a walk or ride bike in PM done
eat what I planned and not other thing more- resist all junk at work done
read advantage and response cards done
cook up healthy dinners for freezer to eat on hotel nights done
log everything at Sparks done
check back in at the end of the day to make sure all is done! done

Take care and have a good day everyone!

Edit- OK back on track. Just need to make sure that the kitchen stays closed tonight.

Last edited by CeeJay; 11-05-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #33  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Some sloppiness entered my eating yesterday. I'm going to follow CeeJay's example and get right back to it today.

WI: NC in kg, Exercise: +50 185/1400 minutes for November, Food: 80% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

sparks17: I quit watching commercials because they were triggering cravings. I leave the room to clean the kitchen or do some exercises.

BillBlueEyes: I hope to see the crescent waxing moon after sunset tonight, but it looks like we're going to have clouds.

CeeJay: the response that works for me to "I've already blown it so I will try again tomorrow" is "If I got a ticket for running a red light, would I say 'I've blown it' and run all the red lights on the way home?" I don't have a good response for "I deserve this cause I've been doing well" -- so let me know if you come up with one! Entitlement is on of my biggest emotional triggers. Good for you for getting right back on track with a post and check list for today -- that's the best response!
Old 11-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

Yesterday was back OP and today I have a plan. Credit a Pilates session. Now in Starbucks waiting for a friend and stealing WIFI to do updates. I don't have wifi in my house. Later on I get spontaneous exercise by cleaning my house.

I agree with gardenerjoy. I stopped watching food commercials or at least muted when I can. I have an addictive personality and the ad executives know it.

Credit to all for hopping right back on track. I woke up this morning and thought, "I am sick of smoothies." Then I went ahead and enjoyed my smoothie. That is the best kind of back on track, when I can stop the stinking thinking before I overeat.

Last edited by maryann; 11-05-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #35  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Bill, you asked a little while ago about baguettes. I ate bread in France, a few little rolls, a few slices, that kind of thing. All very nice. Please share in my memory of how nice it was.

Maryann, credit indeed for a Pilates session.

I take credit for today's planned meals. And there was only a little freaking out and eating standing up behaviour - not a good look for me or for anyone really. Tomorrow I'm aiming for none at all.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #36  
Catthill

S/C/G: 303/197/170

Height: 5'5"

Hi coaches

I went to my quilting retreat and met goal of coming back at same weight. I kept to plan whick was eat meals and apples for snacks. Unfortunately meals were high calorie. I skipped dessert and breads but still ate too much at meals. Credit to me as I went back OP for even the half day after I got home.
I'm planning each day's food now. First few days were hard. I made small cards showing what I have in the house and that will help me plan and grocery shop. I've lost 14# since early July and 7# in the last 3 weeks scince I started reading and doing Beck. It's just what I needed.
Exercise is hard to get in daily so I joined a Gym. Today I got free Eval. from trainer and he set me up a program. I'm sore from just the little we did today. Boy am I out of condition.
Lexxis credit to you for getting back OP.
CeeJay sorr you had a bad day yesterday but credit for acknowledging it.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #37  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Food today--breakfast and lunch OP. Dinner, we went out and I didn't choose well. I did only eat half the meal, so credit for that--but it wasn't a good choice and I knew it.

I'm wondering if I'm reaching a point where I should accept stabilization for a little while or if I'm just making up reasons and thoughts to not be accountable and OP in the evenings as well as during the days? I can't trust myself to "sorta do this" and not gain weight--and I really don't want to gain any weight back.

There was candy at work and I've done well with the "not about me"--"I don't eat sweets at work." I had a fleeting thought of "I love <candy item> I could take one home and have it tonight." and I did successfully talk back to that one: "No sweets at work includes not taking sweets home to eat later." I made an exception to that for *my* birthday cupcakes--but I only have one birthday a year. I told myself I couldn't permit any other exceptions or it would become a slippery slope. I bought my argument and left the candy there. Credit for that!

G'night all!
Old 11-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #38  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Thumbs up Today

Coaches

Well I now have a foodplan and a workout routine at a local gym. Tomorrow I begin to implement this. I'm glad you guys are around for me to be accountable to.

This morning as a personal trainer was showing me the machines and building a plan for me, I found a tear come to my eye. I was really happy sitting there on that weight machine because I felt truly hopeful and I know it is the right thing for me to do and I am so very grateful I am able to do it. I just was overwhelmed.

My plan is to get to the gym and back before DH is off to work. I'll attempt this tomorrow morning. Since I did all the machines today I do cardio tomorrow.

Foodwise I am following Weight Watchers but have not faithfully entered my food in my tracker. I am planning but not writing it down after the fact. I need to do this faithfully. I now have my own computer again (yay for birthday gifts!) and have tracked for the day, so credits for all these steps taken to put me on and keep me on track.

Guess that's it.
See you tomorrow.

billblueyes I have been given one free weight exercise and as she gave me the set of dumb bells from the rack I thought of you and your neverending quest to get the weights back into their proper place. It made me smile.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:31 AM   #39  
Ilene the Bean

Good morning all

Onebyone good luck with getting up early too, it gets easier with time...When the kids were young I did it all the time to get home before hubby was off to work... and now, much older, I just like doing it to get it out of the way...

It's 520 and am waiting for my friends to go walking, CREDIT for just being up this early ... My friends and I do so much better at walk/running this early because, it's over and done with!! I do have a Group Power class tonight but going to that class is never an issue because it's so much fun!

Yesterday's biggest CREDIT was putting the almonds back in the container, when I was mindlessly eating and walking away ... I was pleased that I even thought of it!! Sometimes my mindless is so thought-less that I don't even realise I'm eating it, specially when it comes to almonds...so small, so good those almonds ... For once this week I have been in control of the almonds, the almonds have not controlled me...
Old 11-06-2013, 07:06 AM   #40  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Walked to vote, CREDIT moi for both. Some of my candidates won; some lost. Yay for the democratic process.

Eating was OK, CREDIT moi. Evening was, again, easier since we went out to a movie (Captain Phillips) which, for some reason, DW thought would be a gripping movie. Gripping it was indeed, although since a true story, we knew the ending.

onebyone – Yay for fully installed in your gym. I look forward to sharing dumbbell racking compulsion with you, LOL.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – One goal for me is to say "crescent waxing moon" intuitively without having to parse and design each word.

CeeJay - Yay for a planned day that is all checked off done.

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Project frustrations seem guaranteed with renovation. Kudos for staying level headed.

silverbirch – I like the invitation to share your baguette - less calories for me.

maryann - Can't do better than, "stop the stinking thinking before I overeat."

Beth (bethFromDayton) – Kudos for "not about me" instead of "sorta do this."

sparks17 – Seems like the whole story in a sentence, "I can make a reasonable choice and show restraint."

Nancy (CattHill) - Kudos for "went back OP" - we're in a back-on-track mood around here today.

Readers -
Quote:
Week 2 Get Set: Prepare to Diet

Welcome to Week 2. By the end of this week, you'll be better equipped to start a diet than you've ever been before. Are you starting to get the idea that this time is going to be different? Are you starting to understand why, this time, you're going to be able to lose excess weight and keep it off for your lifetime?

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 96.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #41  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Good day, all! This month already seems to be flitting by on the calendar, but the days themselves aren't flying. How does that work? I missed checking in yesterday because I didn't want to check in before I got through some of the day, then ran out of time, working late and rushing home to cook dinner. Talked DH and myself out of a quick meal at Cracker Barrel, which we've not been to in maybe four months (I'd say we go several times a year, typically on terrible weather days). Ended up with black bean burgers, carrots and off-brand tater tots counted out and enjoyed like a third-grader Was so wiped out, that the evening consisted of reading and trying to ignore a battle-sound-filled movie DH had on tv and an early bedtime for both of us. No grand accomplishments, other than staying mainly OP.

Told DH I'll come get him and take him out to lunch somewhere today. I need to get away from the office midday, despite forecast of rain all day. Will balance the lunch with ground turkey taco salads (no tortilla bowl) for dinner. Phooey, need tomatoes.

Strange that weight on scale has been the exact same down to the .8 for four days in a row. I can't imagine that being right.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

Like Ilene, I am up ear;y this morning. Thought I would check in since usually I don't on my three work days.

Yesterday I finished a long to do list and stopped eating at 4:00. Sometimes I have found i just need to stop even though my brain says I need more food. I really don't and those days i can manage to stop, I jump a little ahead at the ticker. it is crazy how little I need to eat. ( I say again).

Onebyone: yeah for "Hope." I know exactly what you mean.

BBE: I don't know the story so I am looking forward to see the Tom Hanks movie.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #43  
Green Tomatoes

I did much better with my eating yesterday, swapping out just one snack for another reasonable choice. Aiming for 100% today on a rainy day.

WI: NC in kg, Exercise: +50 235/1400 minutes for November, Food: 90% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

nationalparker: I've had the same weight for three days in a row. Maybe it's the weather? I'm not sure if that would be effecting bodies or scales.

onebyone: the gym sounds great! For those of us working at home on creative projects, I think it can help to have some structure and something to do outside of the house.

silverbirch and BillBlueEyes: my husband kept the baguette habit after our trip to France. But white bread isn't triggering for him. I had to make the rule "I only eat baguettes in France" to get myself back on track.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 189/179/145

Height: 67"

Well, I went AWOL for a few days. Life came up. Back on track tomorrow. Tonight: I'll read my advantages and response cards, eat slowly while sitting at the table (which will be a luxury and a treat, based on the past few days).

Just trying to take it to heart when JB writes how the little things ALL count. I can start that tonight!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #45  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Thumbs up did it.

Coaches

Credit for making it to the gym and back before 9am. I left here at 7:35am. I fought myself all the way out the door, but once in the car I switched over until I got to the gym then felt super-tired and full of sabotaging thoughts:
-I can't do this
-I feel sick
-it's too early you haven't eaten anything you'll faint
I countered all of them by taking the actions: walked in, signed in, said hello, listened to the Star Card Membership Card get a star for every workout get a reward at every 8 stars shpeel while standing at the counter thinking I need to get going already. I don't care about the tshirt... found the file cabinet, found my card, sort of deciphered what was written on the card, realized I forgot my water but started anyway. Realized my warm up wasn't spelled out but got through it--it was figured out by the time it was over. I really was tired. It was just cardio day but my treadmill speed was lower than that of yesterday afternoon. According to my heart rate, which I will take as the sole and final arbiter of how my body is doing, I needed to stay a a slower pace than yesterday. I decided to listen to what my body was telling me. Over time, I reasoned, I will work my way up to that rate again and with consistency.

Foodwise I need to re-make my foodplan. I was completely stumped by what to eat pre-workout. No clue. I felt nauseous at just being up that early and even the thought of working out felt nauseous too. True! I had an ounce of cheese and about 9 grapes. Brought my water then forgot it in the car.

Tomorrow is my weight watchers meeting day. Anxious to see what the scale says from last week.

*credit moi* for checking in, working out, following a foodplan.
Closed Thread