3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Beck Diet Solution (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution-234/)
-   -   Beck Diet For Life/Solution – February 2013 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution/274764-beck-diet-life-solution-%96-february-2013-%96-support-discussion-buddy-coach.html)

Newlifestyle 02-27-2013 08:36 PM

Hello everyone, I am back. Oh how I have missed you all.
My counselor thought it would be best if I trusted real people as I went through my counseling. I tried to convince her you are all real people. She felt I was practicing avoidance because I didn't feel like dealing with phoney people. She thought that because I have never met any of you maybe I was hiding behind a computer. I agreed to try it her way. Did I mention I did not enjoy this one little bit. I missed you, and all the support you give each other and me too. It felt like forever. I am done with her for now and I am doing well. It felt awful because she asked me to give up one of the major supports I have, my beck coaches. Did I mention I am so glad to be back. I tried to explain that this exercise caused stress in my life, it did not help me, other than to understand I enjoy this site and I feel I need to be here.
I will try to catch up on all the posts.
Have a great night and I look forward to being back.
Ann

Tazzy 02-27-2013 08:49 PM

Hi Everyone,

Well I never should have typed that sentence last night about the dogs sleeping through. I was up 3 times with them and then slept through the alarm clock. We managed to get to work only about 10 minutes late which was not bad considering. I've got a bit of a headache now and I think it's a combination of being tired and lack of food during the day. I did however, big Credit, not have any chocolate covered macadamia nuts today, even when the box was pulled out of the filing cabinet!

Weight is good, food pretty much on plan, my trips to the gym have not been working in my favor though, I have a friend who does deep water workout usually on Thursdays, maybe I'll try and do that tomorrow night.

newlifestyle Welcome back! I'm not sure I agree with your doctors thought process either. I would say that I'm much more open here with the group than I would be in a personal setting at times.

maryann Credit for a light at the end of the tunnel in your masters program.

onebyone I know a couple guys who tried the HCG diet, one a co-worker, and I found I would have more calories for lunch than he was eating all day. He did the full 30 day plan, did not lose 30 pounds, gave up and has gone back to a sane way of eating with exercise. The other guy decided he liked food too much and gained back more than he lost. I hope the plan doesn't mess up your friend too much. I didn't know Gretzky was promoting tea, life must be rough once you leave the world of hockey. :)

Well I need to run to the library (better rephrase that - drive) and take DS to the bank. Then home to get lunches in order and try and get rid of this headache! Funny how so much of my day revolves around planning the next meal.

:wave: to everyone.

bethFromDayton 02-27-2013 11:00 PM

Hi all,

I let it get too late, so this'll be quick. I promised myself I wouldn't let myself go two nights without posting, though, so I give myself credit for that.

Meals were almost OP today. At the last minute, I added sauteed mushrooms and onions and subtracted mayonnaise from my burger. Other than that, it was just as planned.

Exercise was as planned, too. Credit for that.

I'm getting so busy planning for our big March event that I'm not reading my response cards or making new ones--and I need to. The "It's easier to stay on track than get back on track" one is at my monitor so I read it constantly and am internalizing it. I need to create some on how I'm going to do that in challenging situations (like our weekend long big event).

I had a visit with a dietitian today (I wrote that up in a thread in Calorie Counters)--it was really helpful--and credit to me for making that happen.

DH noted today "you're really getting thinner".

A friend at work is encouraging me to make more changes to my eating--less meat, more branching out, etc. (totally supportive of my weight loss) At this point, I feel as if I'm making as many changes at a time as I can handle--I made a bunch all at once and now I need to get them to be complete habits before I add anything else in. Credit to me for recognizing that and sticking to it.

I wish I had time for personals tonight--I'm thinking so much energy at all of you!

Take care, all.

Nola145 02-28-2013 12:51 AM

Hi Coaches! First of all, credit me for getting on here tonight when all I really want to do is crawl in bed with a book. This was day 9, so I started experimenting with exercise. I'm in way worse shape than I thought. Even though I am feeling better and have more energy by staying away from the sugar and flour, when it came down to "Walking Away the Pounds" tonight, I could only manage 5 minutes before I was ready to collapse. Pretty disheartening. Still, credit me for doing five when I was ready to stop at three. LOL. Tomorrow I am going to do my moves earlier in the day when I have more energy. I'll try and push past 5, even if it's only 6.
Stayed OP with my food and read my ARC twice. I need to get more water going.
That's Day 9. Thanks for being here to get my post, Coaches.
- Nola

Bootedkitty 02-28-2013 01:53 AM

Quick Ciao! I'd like to be more present in the forum, but a collegue is missing at work, I have to work extra-hours every day and when I get home I'm very tired and don't feel like opening my pc...
Still going walking and swimming and staying OP...but soooooo tired!!!
A big hug to you all.

BillBlueEyes 02-28-2013 06:38 AM

Thursday - Arrivederci Benedict

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Walked in the rain, CREDIT moi, with a HUGE umbrella. That was a good idea since the rain was heavy. It was also a lousy idea since the wind was ferocious. It worked to partially lower the umbrella over my head so it would get caught in the wind. That I looked silly was an acceptable negative. That I couldn't see was a definite problem, LOL.

Eating was only OK again. Meals were superb, snacks tended to be larger than planned. I did some resistance - CREDIT moi for that.

onebyone – That HCG diet is frightening - 500 calories isn't enough food to assure necessary vitamins and minerals. Yep, Green Tea is the answer to many of life's problems.

maryann - It's interesting that the threat of buying new clothes is more immediate than additional pounds. Glad you're back on track for your masters.

Tazzy - You've got me drooling again for chocolate covered macadamia nuts, LOL. Kudos that you didn't have any.

Ann (Newlifestyle) - Makes sense to me that we all need real-life people. But I agree with you, on-line folks can be mighty encouraging to go out and do just that. An on-line person might just be a HAL 9000 with demonic intent. A real-life person may be a Replicant. Choose your evil, LOL. My recommendation is not to try to catch up, just jump in from here.

nationalparker – Continue to send supportive thoughts for your eye. Keep the faith. Kudos for keeping your sanity when Purdue falls from the sky.

Beth (bethFromDayton) – Yay for a DH who notes that you're changing. Kudos for planning for your big event in advance.

IBelieveInMe2 – Yep, the old portion control is a challenge.

Kitty (Bootedkitty) – Ouch for busy, with Kudos for "walking and swimming and staying OP." (Would it have been considered too familiar for me to have put in the title of my post, "Ciao Pope?")

Nola (Nola145) – Oh Yes, Kudos for giving yourself credit for your stint at "Walking Away the Pounds" without beating yourself because someone else might already be walking longer.

Readers -
Quote:

chapter 3
How Thin People Think

characteristic 8
You Stop Dieting Once You Lose Weight

There is a significant difference between people who have lost weight and kept it off for many years and people who constantly yo-yo diet (losing weight, regaining it, losing it, and regaining it). People who end up maintaining their new weight do so because they've changed what they do and how they think about food and eating. If you think that you'll be able to return to your old ways of eating after you lose weight, you'll gain the excess weight back.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pgs 40-41.

Newlifestyle 02-28-2013 08:02 AM

Good Morning everyone.

My morning started off with an hour of shoveling. Here I was sitting wondering if I should go for a walk after I finish my fruit smoothie and then I realized I got spontaneous exercise. Instead of hating the snow, I am going to be thankful it got me some exercise.

Thanks Bill for the advice not to try and catch up. I found it overwhelming.

Tazzy, I found I am very open and honest here and get positive and constructive feedback from people who are cheering me on.

Waving hello to everyone else.

Have a great day.

Take Care
Ann

nationalparker 02-28-2013 09:42 AM

Good morning - have miraculously been within my calorie range all week, and am hoping I see a "reward" on the scale this weekend. What's with this "deserve it" mentality? Have decided to take a full sick week and do computer work in short spurts. Next eye recheck is tomorrow, and hoping that it's improved. Thanks for all the well-wishes! I'm thankful that my work has been understanding and recommending the full week off, instead of hammering each day to push it and come in. I could, but would sit there with hand over eye, I'm sure, and not be productive at all.

Did not exercise yesterday. Hoping to at least get in some floor exercises today.

Welcome back, Ann! So glad to have you back here and kudos for the real-world exercise :) I joke that I love that much more than my contrived (treadmill) exercise.

Lexxiss 02-28-2013 09:59 AM

Hi Coaches!

Yesterday OP, weighed today....lunch will be in Denver...usually a healthy Asian place. Yesterday had many frustrations but I did not eat over them. credit.

maryann 02-28-2013 11:34 AM

Good Morning, Coaches.

Extra day off to work on and mail a packet. My incentive is to finish so I can go through my gunny- sack of oranges, juice what is going bad and refrig what is not. Then food shopping. Weight was at ticker. Liked BBE's thought for the day-- thin people have made permanent changes in their eating just to remain at weight. I spend a lot of time and energy just maintaining. Oh Well.

Newlifestyle Welcome back. I find a great deal of accountability and comfort here, as well.
nationalparker: Good decision about taking the week off. It is always better to err on the safe side.
Nola145: Is it cliches if I remind you every journey begins with one step (or five minutes of stepping)? Credit
Tazzy: I didn't sleep well either last night. Credit for me remembering how that use to be an excuse to eat.
BethFromDayton: I agree that changing too many things at once is a set up for failure.

onebyone 02-28-2013 01:35 PM

scale

Coaches

The Official Scale has me down by 0.6lbs today. The lady said "that's more than 1/2 a pound," when she saw the disappointment on my face. Yeah I know. But I *wanted* to see 3lbs cause I've be soooo good all week. And? And? Yeah. Cry me a river. We're all striving to be on plan. That's what "being good" means to me now. But I wanted the reward cause I just got back to doing this "right" waaaah. Ok I'll stop. That line of thinking will get me nowhere but headed to the :devil: sabotaging thought of "poor baby you deserve to have X". Um no. I deserve to *feel good* and *take credit* for a whole week on plan and for reaching out and doing what I need to do to right myself. The true reward is I feel hopeful and sane again. Yay. And, actually, I already got a gift today: full festival general admission wristbands to Bluesfest in Ottawa this summer (Bjork! BB KING! = yes I am going to have a summer vacation afterall:beach:) and I am getting something else this afternoon: A Richeson Baby Press! (this is a printing press-not a baby-related crafty thing - or crafts using a baby thing :lol3:). Very excited to be able to afford this! I expect to have and use this thing happily until I die. Yay!

And the result of all these events? I found myself in the G-D HAM again as I stood over the stove with it and I was putting it into the crockpot for lentil soup. It *almost made it from plate to crockpot but some took a detour into my face. Ham. I never knew it could vex me so. It's gone now.

And I did stop eating over the stove and I did track my points.

So, that's my story so far. Hope your day out there is going well. Bye!

BigchiefDavid 02-28-2013 01:54 PM

Hey Coaches and Fellow Becksters!

I've been slacking on my response cards, but I will be reading them throughout the day and using my tools to fight temptation and sabotaging thoughts. Not OP today, but not overeating either or standing up, so some credit. That goofy dog is making me walk, and, hopefully, someday we'll go running as well.

Thanks for all you support and may your plan be with you.

Nola145 02-28-2013 03:49 PM

Hello Coaches: A quickie: I tried walking in the breezeway (out of the rain) at work, and that was much better than WATP at home late in the evening. I was shooting for 6 minutes and went on to 8 because it was coming pretty easy. Still, I don't want to overdo when I've been still as stone for so many years. I can easily push on to 10 minutes tomorrow, and then may hold there for a few days, catching my wind. Having trouble working in the spontaneous exercise though. Weight up a bit today. Caught a 200 calorie math error. Grrr. And no doubt feeling the effects of all the saline solution in the yummy rotisserie chicken I had for dinner. No biggie. Keep on keepin' on. I so enjoy reading all your posts and being inspired by you, even if I am not getting personal with you yet. ;)
Have a great day.

bethFromDayton 02-28-2013 09:56 PM

Hi all!

I'm starting to have to prioritize planning the March event over some of my diet stuff--this is not good and I need to find a way to do both. Someone started a thread about things we tell ourselves for motivation--I'm going to turn some of those into response cards, and I'm going to print them out and scatter them around my desk at home and at work.

Food was OP today--that was hard. I had to do a major grocery trip after work for the weekend of baking and cooking and I was too tired to want to cook. But dinner was planned, the recipe picked out, the food all in the house--and I came home and made it, tired as I was. I did a great job of not finishing what I was too full for, even though it was portioned out. The new recipe (Easy Lemon-Chicken Piccata) is a keeper, too, which is nice.

The other part of food that was hard today is that someone brought in homemade danishes. I love danishes. I looked. They were still there after lunch. I had a firm talk with myself. I don't know if they were all eaten by the end of the day--but I am glad that I didn't eat one and stayed OP!

Exercise was OP, too--but nowhere near as challenging!

I've got a pretty loose plan for tomorrow--we'll be having lunch in a college cafeteria, so I can't really plan for that. I'll eyeball portions and leave what's too much on my plate.

Bootedkitty: Credit for walking and swimming and staying OP--even when swamped at work.

BillBE: I love your umbrella story! Are you finding that the effects of larger than planned snacks are showing up on the scale, or are they larger without impact?

NewLifeStyle (Ann): An hour of shoveling is definitely exercise. I'm impressed that you can be thankful for snow--even if it did help you do something healthy!

Lexiss: Yay for not eating over frustrations!

Nola145: Credit for walking further than you did the day before. I walk at work, too (inside). I've only seen a few minutes of WATP and it seems pretty intense. (I have a few on VHS and intend to try them.)

maryann: I am glad that Dr Beck spelled out that it was going to take time and energy to do this--I am finding that it does--and it is easier knowing that it's supposed to, isn't it?

onebyone: Don't forget to take credit for smashing the sabotaging thoughts! Yeah for 0.6 lbs--any loss is worth celebrating!

nationalparker: I'm thinking about you and your eyes--I hope you start seeing rapid improvement. Major credit for staying in calorie range for a week!

Tazzy: Big credit for resisting the chocolate covered macademia nuts today!

bigChiefDavid: Please share any ideas you have for improving reading of response cards--I could use some hints as well. (Anyone else is begged to chime in.)

Take care, all.

BillBlueEyes 03-01-2013 06:23 AM

Discussion continues on the March 2012 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on:

Beck Diet For Life/Solution – March 2013 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:
List of Monthly Beck Threads for Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach