Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #301  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Just a quick "yay for me"!

I have a printed meal plan for next week, with Monday-Sunday laid out for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.

For each dinner, I have a main dish, a starch, a salad, and a fruit. The specific fruits will depend on the grocery run and what DH and DD eat during the week. The salads are "one bowl, with whatever salad ingredients are fresh".

I don't have quantities against all of these, but I have the menus. That's a huge step for me. And I printed it. And matched the meals to the days when I'll have the most time after work.

The menus are a bigger deal for me than the quantities, since portion control is generally not my problem (except for breakfast cereal). For other meals, I don't have any problem measuring out a quantity onto my plate and just eating that. (My issues has always been sweets and snacks, not meal quantities.)

I'll work towards planning quantities, though. I'm working with one victory at a time, though!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #302  
persist

S/C/G: 290/281/150

Height: 5' 6"

Default just a tough day

Coaches

I had one of those days where I spilled everything, or knocked it over. My brain is pre-occupied. All full up. And in that state I get nothing accomplished. I also enter a state of frustration. I was on plan all day then in the evening I was starving and DH offered to make dinner and I said sure. He made grilled cheese and after I ate it I logged it and I was way over, again, for the day. I did get some exercise in but nothing like I need to balance the day's intake.
I ate over my feelings of frustration.
Oh well, moving on.

Last edited by onebyone; 01-27-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:15 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 141/134/114

Height: 5'3"

Default Just Checking in

Hello everyone : ] Wow, thank you for all of the warm welcomes!! I'm glad I found this site.

Today is day 10. This week was pretty much ideal-- sticking to my diet and exercise plan and down 2.5 lbs. Added in cardio, packed healthy lunches, and sat down for every meal. Caught myself starting to eat standing up a few times, so the urge is definitely still there. I have faith it will go away someday.

My 2 big credits for this week:
1) Sometimes I didn't finish my meals, which is literally a first. I did put the leftovers in the fridge and eat them later as a snack, but it's progress. I keep letting myself think it's "free food" since the calories are already counted, but I don't like that mindset--like I need to get as much food as I can rather than listen to my hunger. I also don't feel comfortable throwing out food yet.

2) I went out for Mexican food this afternoon. I easily ate only 3 chips before the meal, paid attention/ate slowly the entire time until satisfied, and took the extra food home. It wasn't even difficult to stop eating once I was satisfied/full, but I took 2 extra nibbles when I was boxing up my leftovers. So I still need some more restaurant practice, but I sure have come a long way from anxiously cleaning my plate every time and going into a chip-eating trance. It felt amazing. Made myself very proud.

Tomorrow is my day 11, monitoring my hunger. I am kind of thinking it will be tedious and I'd like to skip it, but I'm going to do it despite those sabotaging thoughts.

Best wishes for the upcoming week, everybody. Keep calm and Beck on?

bethFromDayton: Awesome job with sticking to your decision to plan your meals. Credit for you!! That takes a lot of time, energy, and dedication.

I'm sorry you had a rough day, onebyone, but I'm glad you are moving on and not beating yourself up about it. Maybe a good night's sleep is in order.

BerverlyJoy: Licking the spoon. I feel your pain.

maryann: Willingness to feel feelings vs. compulsive overeating. This is really what it comes down to for me. Thank you for that take-home.

BillBlueEyes: van Gogh self-portraits are my favorite.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #304  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Monday

Diet Coaches/Buddies Managed to make my way through four different events. I ate both lunch and dinner with different friends away from home. CREDIT moi for managing a too-busy day. Unfortunately, some stress came with the running about and my eating wandered from my plan. Specifically, cookies appeared everywhere - I spent the day surrounded by cookies and acted like my plan was to sample from them all. Ouch. I did limit the damage. I did stop. Just wasn't a good day.

So little exercise in the cold when I spent all my time going places. Perhaps if I had made exercise a priority, I'd have done better with the cookies. Yay for Monday being a fresh start type of day.

onebyone I know that feeling of a brain, "All full up" - feels hard to squeeze in the other necessities. Yep, moving on.

Debbie (Lexxiss) Great salad story - creative, beautiful, and yummy all at once.

Beverlyjoy Tickled at the thought of Girl Scouts showing up to take a cookie order and staying for a snack. Kudos for serving and not eating.

maryann - Happy Thesis-In-The-Mail-Day! Old friends are a challenge since we're so determined to honor old "friendships" - even when they never were supportive. Kudos for facing your realities.

Tazzy - Ouch for cookie week. Kudos for mindful choices from the sandwiches.

Ann (Newlifestyle) - Continuing to send supportive thoughts to you and your DS as you go forward. Yep, one foot in front of the other.

nationalparker Neat to have those workout pants as a planned reward. LOL at "wish it beckoned as much as the dang queso" - Beck should work on that with her next book.

Beth (bethFromDayton) Yes, Yes, Yes, "I am glad I didn't eat the ice cream." I need to be reminded that I'll be grateful later. Kudos for being aware that your eating has to mind the needs of your body. And Big Kudos for your plan for the week.

Julia (Julia150) Big Kudos for "gluteus muscles were hurting" - that's growth pain. [My eating plan was simply nothing between meals and wise choices with portion control for the three meals. My extra weight had been supported by cookies, cheese, and crackers so stopping them meant that it had to fall off. DW has been food conscious and wise forever. My plan specifically included whatever she prepared for dinner - no more than she ate (at 120 pounds). So I was lucky, DW was supportive and her meals were the bulk of the food on my plan. My motivation was a constant stream of reading - easily 20 books on nutrition and 20 on exercise. It wasn't the information so much as the constant pounding on the brain. I have no useful thoughts about motivating others. My take is that your best bet is to provide healthy meals and snacks and to minimize junk food that you bring into the house. Perhaps walking together in the evenings or weekends.]

SlugLuv Those are truly Kudos worthy credits: stopping eating before the plate is clean and standing down the chips and salsa at a Mexican restaurant. You're making great progress. Monitoring one's own hunger levels is pretty informative - good luck today.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 3
How Thin People Think

characteristic 2
You Have a Low Tolerance for Hunger and Cravings

The Beck Diet Solution
. . .Yet at the moment you feel hungry or experience a craving, you might not be thinking rationally. You might feel that you have to do something about it immediately to satisfy your urge to eat. Perhaps this inaccurate thinking stems, in part, from our hunter-and-gatherer ancestors, who survived only if they developed the ability to focus their attention intently on eating when food was around so that they could gain weight to survive leaner times when food was scarce. Today, food is plentiful all the time, but our modern brains have not yet caught up to the modern reality.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 35.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #305  
Italian Sunny Girl!

S/C/G: 63/52.5/52

Height: 1,63 mt

Hallo everybody, coaches and buddies! Quick break from working just to say my weekend was ALMOST perfect! This time I was perfectly OP for the pizza on friday evening and out at restaurant on saturday..but...mum's cooking on Sunday... aaaahhrrg!!!! Anyway, compensating today in calories as usual and going to swimming pool this evening. Credits for not focusing on too much eating at parents' house on Sunday but on good results of friday and saturday! :-)
Let's go on, this friday I'm going to reach my objective!
Have a good week.
Kitty

Last edited by Bootedkitty; 01-28-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #306  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

It's wedding story time again. DH and I celebrate our 35th Wedding Anniversary today. It's quite the story. Our wedding:

DH and I were married the weekend of the blizzard of 1978 in Cleveland, Ohio –on January 28th. On record for the worst barometric pressure ever recorded in the Great Lakes area. There were 70 mile per hour winds. All the highways closed. Everything, almost, shut down for five days. The National Guard was called and many deaths, sadly.

Wednesday before our wedding day, my mom told me the news said a blizzard was coming and I’d better have DH come to Cleveland from Michigan a couple days early. He didn’t have a chance to pick up his wedding band - but, got here before the storm. Soon the big storm began - all the airports and interstates throughout the state were closed. Shortly after that the people starting calling to say that they couldn’t attend. My sister got into Cleveland on the last flight arriving.

The Friday before our wedding we had to until noon to get our marriage license (only office open downtown) we left at 8 am and what should have been a 30 minute drive got us there with at 11:55 am. The anxiety was high - DH and I were even yelling at each other. He said he wouldn’t get married without his mom there. I kept saying. ‘Hey, this isn’t my fault’. The rehearsal dinner was cancelled because the restaurant was closed. We gathered up a few folks and found a place. We were stressed to the max. It was the only time I ever saw my sister smoke a cigarette.

So, on Saturday I started calling local folks and inviting them to the wedding - kind of strange to be invited ‘last minute’ but the food was paid for. (It was a small wedding to begin with, but, the list was dwindling fast) The bakery with my wedding cake was closed. My dad picked up an abandoned big bowling tournament cake from the grocery…they put our names on it. Finally, one lane on the interstate opened and a half dozen people got to Cleveland, including DH’s mom and dad, an hour before the wedding. My dad was so stressed he cut his face when shaving and had to get stitches…so, all the wedding pictures have a huge bandage on his face. My mom lost my wedding band that she was keeping for me. We never found it. The caterer couldn’t get the food I wanted so they gave us prime rib…which I don’t like. The florist didn’t get the flowers in and made my bouquet, etc. with their leftovers. The man that married us had two weddings that night - and we figured that he did the other couple’s ceremony. We were all looking at each other thinking “what is he talking about” At least he got our names right.
The afternoon before the wedding a big Texan guy looked at the hotel roster and said out loud. What son of a b*** * is getting married on a day like this. DH was there…and he said “Me“…”Let me buy you a cocktail, son.” The man said.

I was a wreck.

The next day (Sunday) - only one lane was open in any direction to get out of town. So we headed south. Our honeymoon, however, was scheduled at a cabin North in Michigan. But, we couldn’t drive there. A DH found an inn in Granville where we hung out for a day. The restaurant at the inn didn’t have much on the menu (no deliveries). That evening I was crying and DH was in the claw-footed bathtub, leg hanging over the side, drinking scotch out of the bottle.

Finally, the roads opened and we drove home, north, with tall walls of snow on each side of the road. I cried most of the way home. So we had a wedding where folks didn’t attend, wrong wedding bands (we used borrowed ones), no grandparents, no real rehearsal dinner, wrong flowers, wrong dinner, weird cake, wrong ceremony, no honeymoon, dad’s huge facial cut, and more stress than one can imagine. For years I couldn’t attend a wedding without crying…it wasn’t tears of happiness - it was me wishing that my wedding could have been ‘normal.’ Yes, it was awful back then but, now, it’s a very funny story. So I guess - it’s not the wedding but, the marriage that counts.

BTW - the pictures came out great.

http://ww2.ohiohistory.org/etcetera/...8_blizzard.htm

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-28-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #307  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Coaches!

Yesterday was OP, except for organic sourdough toast, of which I enjoyed extra pieces. We had a "fancy oatmeal" for dinner-adding fruit and nuts. I put a reminder on my phone for next Sunday. It was a perfect winter dinner.

BethfromDayton, kudos for pushing through and making a plan for the entire week! Yay!

BBE, ouch for cookies at multiple events. I find the multiple events with off plan to be the most "stressfull". I get through one...then another and another. Resistance just breaks down.

Beverlyjoy, happy anniversary! Tx for sharing your story again.

Bootedkitty, yay for OP pizza and a plan for recovery from mom's cooking.

SlugLuv, great credits! I have used my "hunger is not an emergency" plan many times since I first tried it out on day 11.

onebyone, ouch for overstimulation of your brain. Credit for logging your food anyway.

nationalparker, credit for getting to that specific chapter in your Beck book.

Tazzy, great job sharing those dreaded cookies with a colleague!

Julia, yay for scale movement even if a day late! Kudos!

Newlifestyle, take care as you put one foot in front of the other. I do not have children so have no clue regarding your DS.

MaryAnn, kudos for going through the feelings with people who choose to act in hurtful ways. Kudos for sending off your writings.

I'm off to wateryoga this morning-my absolute favorite. It was where I started to sense (in 2005) that I could really do this. I had (and still have) a very compassionate teacher. I was honored two years ago (before I started my waitress job) to teach her class for a month while she recovered from hip surgery. It was challenging and I am glad I decided to step out of my comfort zone and try. I did find I like being the student much better.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-28-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #308  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi coaches... I had a healthy day yesterday. Very grateful! I had many credits: planned food/logged it, meditations, lots of water, exericse, read arc/beck, journal, weighed (same), 3 deep breaths before eating, really worked on eating slower (lunch took twenty minutes!), no seconds, and always left a bite.

DH bought some chocolate bars from a boy selling them who came to the door. I didn't have any. Credit. Our neighbors came over. Their little boy made us some cupcakes as a thank you for shovelling their drive. (DH loves his new snowblower). I didn't eat one bite. CREDIT!!

Tonight DH and will celebrate our anniversary with dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant. They have Hong Kong Sea Bass... steamed and delicious.

We were suppose to celebrate with our son and family last weekend. But, couldn't go because of bad weather. It's kind of 'fitting' that weather effected us, once again, doing the celebrating around when we got married.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #309  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/180/145

Height: 5'4"

Talking I made a food PLAN!!!!!

Big CREDIT to me for making today's food plan last night!!! And it wasn't all that hard. The week days are very doable, especially since hubby is at work and the kids are at school all day. I am in full control of my own breakfasts and lunches and snacks. Evening dinners and weekend meals will be my biggest planning challenge, because we like to eat out often or decide that day to cook at home. We have always played it by ear. I have certain healthy meals I usually get when we go to familiar restaurants, though, so I am doing my best to stick with the tried and true ~ and healthy ~ when out. I am working on NOT eating any food off my children's plates once I am finished eating. Have caught myself reaching for "just one bite" of leftover fries several times. Managed to stop myself about half the time, with the phrase, "STOP! That's NOT AN OPTION!" The other half, I've indulged in at least a few fries, so there is room for improvement. I can do it! I have been tracking my food at My Fitness Pal, which helps immensely. Their database of food is incredible! I haven't followed the pre-determined meal plans at DietWatch, just because I am not crazy about the foods they choose, but the subscription has been valuable for their Mastering Food series about conquering emotional eating. I am counting calories for my food program right now, and might incorporate Beck's diet once I read all about it.

Julia150: Congrats on your 7.2 pound weight loss over 2 weeks!!! You are on your way!!! Keep up the good work!

BillBlueEyes: Thank you for letting me know how many calories I said NO to with those Cinnamelts!!! Wow! Glad I chose to RESIST!!!

Ann: Great to hear from you! Keep on putting one foot in front of the other! You will get back in the swing of things one day at a time. Be patient with yourself.

Beverlyjoy: Happy Anniversary!!! Enjoy your day! Our 19th wedding anniversary is tomorrow, January 29th. We dated 9 and 1/2 years before that, so we've been together nearly 30 years. Hard to believe. We have weathered many, many storms, and we are still going strong. I feel proud of that!

Last edited by IBelieveInMe2; 01-28-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 173/ 165/ under 154

Height: 5'6

Good Afternoon, Coaches.

It is in the Mail!! Thanks BBE for remembering today is the day. Credit for taking time from proofing to go to step class. It is so easy to let exercise slide when a paper is due. Credit for sticking to the schedule I made a month ago. It is something that it worked out and now I will be free to go to a family wedding on Friday. Credit for STILL having a crummy weigh in and deciding "OK I must be eating too much even though I am sure it is not too much." Cut my snacks in half today. We will see if that works. Finished off the afternoon by teaching in my son's classroom. I teach classroom music and we sing folk songs and dance dances aligned with the American History curriculum.

IBeliveinMe2: It is a terrible habit to eat off my son's plate and to nibble while I am cooking. SOmetimes I feel if I was all alone it would be easier but Oh yeah I was over 200 pounds then. So I guess nothing is that easy.
Lexxiss: Great idea to have oatmeal for dinner. So much of what we do here is to smash preconceived notions-- whether it be portion sizes or types of food that constitute a meal. Meals don't have to have meat, or be huge or have a dessert with them.
Beverleyjoy: Happy Anniversary.
BethfromDayton: Your planning will really pay off.

Last edited by maryann; 01-28-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #311  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: high water mark/working on it

Height: 5-4

Good evening. I was so frustrated that I had few calories for dinner, despite eating well today - then I LOOKED at what I'd clicked on to add from MyFitnesspal and realized I'd added in other things - so fixed that up and finished in good shape. On the treadmill for a few miles, but my hips are hurting from the pounding on it - I much prefer trail walking - even city walking, but it's raining and dark. Now I feel so good Funny what perspective does for our attitudes.

Next week we're traveling home to Florida and I'm READY to walk on the beach. I miss the sun, sand, surf and seagulls.

BeverlyJoy - That is HYSTERICAL ... Glad everyone was safe when it all shook out. I'm so worried with the winter weather that I won't make many plans at ALL up here in the crummy weather months ... Happy Anniversary!

BillBlueEyes - Surviving FOUR different events itself is a major accomplishment. Maybe not a good cookie day, but a fun social one, it sounds like.

IBelieveInMe - Waytogo!! Credits for making your food plan and for recognizing that food off the kids' plates is a NO. You deserve your own fries when you plan for them and want them - enjoy them warm and fresh for YOU. (If fries call to you - try making your own with a tiny bit of olive oil - I cut them up and soak in cold water for an hour, then toss in a bowl with a tbsp olive oil and seasoning, then bake high heat for 50 minutes or so ... turning once partway through ... they come out excellent and no guilt - we work them in and really enjoy them. I like having the oven on a long time in the winter - haha!)

Maryann - YAY - Does it feel as if a big weight is lifted? Big credits for keeping the exercise going while working while on deadline.

Lexxiss - Great idea with the fancy oatmeal - that's something filling that I can do when I have meals alone (or lunch with DH) ... I rarely jazz mine up and you had me going to the pantry to see what I might use.

OneByOne - Hang in there - New day today. New day tomorrow. Journal out the thoughts running around in your head if you need to. Big credits for getting in some activity, despite not wanting to!

BootedKitty - We're pulling for you - Friday is IT! Good luck! Sounds like a great weekend, though.

SlugLuv - Congrats on the great loss this week! Super! Sounds like you did a great job, too, at the Mexican restaurant!

BethFromDayton - Did you feel that the time you spent with the meal planning was something that'll get reduced as time passes? Well-spent? It sounds like you did a great job, matching time needed to time available for the evenings. Have you tried breakfast cereal in a small mug if you don't have a bowl? I keep a cup measure in the cereal box, which DH laughs at, but ... it keeps me legit.

BigChiefDavid - Hope your weekend went great! Any challenges you know of coming up this week?

Last edited by nationalparker; 01-28-2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: forgot one!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 250/233.5/180

Height: Six feet, one inch

Hey Coaches and fellow Becksters:

New Orleans can be a tough place to diet: you push through the holiday season and just when you should be safely in the winter doldrums (when the only thing that would challenge a diet is boredom), it's carnival season with multiple, dessert-laden (i.e. King Cake in various forms) parties. And this year we're squeezing the Super Bowl in between the two big parade weekends.

Time to turn, once again, to the four-year old. If I put him on my shoulders to catch beads and stuffed animals from floats, chase him through crowds and dance when he dances, I won't have time for overeating, but I'll still need a response card for fried chicken.

Ate well today although I neglected to write down my plan. Credit? Yes! Spontaneous exercise with the family: "Just Dance 4" after dinner. Tomorrow, back to the pool and OP.

Good luck to all and until that time...
Old 01-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #313  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

First my big kudo to me--I took 4 walks at work today (8, 16, 8, 16 minutes). This is good because tonight's rain kept me inside. (Stayed a bit later at work to make up for all that). I also kept to schedule and went to the grocery store after work.

The plan, though, the plan fell apart because I was just so hungry by the time I got to the grocery store. I bought a rotisserie chicken for dinner and a few things I hadn't planned on buying. When I got home, I put a meal together fast--and did sit down to eat it, but the shakes had already started--so I ate a bowl of cereal after I finished my meal.

I also still haven't managed to put quantities "1 cup of this", 1/2 cup of that against the menu items.

I've got to be more careful--if I'm going to eat light during the day I have to eat a more substantial mid afternoon snack to keep my sugars level enough.

On the plus side, I only ended up about 100 calories over for today, so that's not a total "blow it"--but I can tell this is going to require some adjusting. I think a rotisserie chicken might be our standard "Monday night after grocery shopping" meal.

Planning didn't take too long--it's more of a "this is stressful and I don't wanna do it" sort of thing. Sort of like exercise. I know I need to do it--I don't question that--I just sometimes have to force myself into it. I'm sure planning will get easier--especially when I can just keep re-using menus and weeks.

onebyone: I hope today was a smoother day for you. Moving on...and moving forward.

SlugLuv: Hi! Not finishing your meals is a big success! Breaking an issue into smaller pieces is always valuable, so next step is to decrease the snacks. I actually do throw food that shouldn't be a snack and won't be a future meal away. It gets easier.

BilleBE: I have such empathy for events. Limiting damage is an accomplishment in itself. The quote today speaks to how I handle it when I get over hungry--my body thinks I need to keep satisfying it--when it has what it needs but it hasn't registered yet. I am not thinking rationally when that happens.

Bootedkitty: Credit for making adjustments for the day you know is always going to be more food!

Beverlyjoy: Happy anniversary. At least you knew going into marriage that you two could face adversity together! (I remember the Blizzard of 78) Great job on the not-eating of chocolate bars and cupcakes.

Lexxiss: I have a friend who adds peanut butter to her oatmeal for the additional protein--the nuts you added do that, too though!

IBelieveInMe2: YAY for the food plan! Like you, I find evenings the hardest. Breakfast and lunch, if I wake up late and have cereal instead of eggs, that's not a big deal--but dinner is so much harder! YAY for food plans. BTW, I'm 'bethFromDayton' on MyFitnessPal, too.

maryann: Congats on mailing your thesis! And credit for adjusting snacks!

nationalparker: Glad to hear the calories worked out after all. A few miles on the treadmill? That's great. I felt virtuous when I did my 22 minute mile. (Reminder: I'm lapping everyone on the couch.) I prefer outside walking, too.

BigchiefDavid: Good idea on letting care for a 4 year old keep you too busy to overeat. It sometimes seems as if there are more events and special occasions than there are ordinary days!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #314  
persist

S/C/G: 290/281/150

Height: 5' 6"

Default before bed checking in

Coaches

Still over my points for the day but much lower extra points than yesterday. had I logged my food in in advance, whcih I could have, I would have known that. Oh well.

Did a bit of decluttering of receipts and my purse whch was good and then wrestled and pondered a painting I am doing for mysef. I am having such a tough time focusing my energies in a direction (I'd even settle for three, equally appealing directions) instead of having them scattered here and there and distracted by every shiny thing in the universe it seems. It came to me to paint my muse and I am woring on it but the painting is giving me a hard time. The proportions are correct *almost* and *enough* but the face is not there yet. Since it is a reminder to me to say true to myself and to work honestly and to dig deep I can't have a half-a$$ed painting representing this so.... I'm going to seep on it. Often that is the key.

Forgot to weigh in this morning. Looking forward to it when I get up.

G'night All.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #315  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Tuesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies Again my physical therapist pointed out that I'm getting better. CREDIT moi for walking there and then to gym. I was feeling pretty good until a buddy there told me he'd recently attended Verdi's Requiem Mass at the Boston Symphony Orchestra. Then I was annoyed that so many neat things happen that I don't do. I want to do EVERYTHING. Oh Well.

Food was good enough, CREDIT moi. The setback continues to be larger snacks when I'm feeling. (Doesn't seem to matter which feeling - anyone will do, LOL.) I will take a CREDIT moi for noticing at the office of my physical therapist that the box of super dark chocolates is now gone - and I never had a single one. Just relish that.

onebyone It's a challenge when the neurons are "distracted by every shiny thing in the universe." They don't like lectures about being told to behave. Hope your efforts to plan in advance work for you.

Debbie (Lexxiss) It's a beautiful story that wateryoga was the key that got you going. Hope you find time to get back to it regularly.

Beverlyjoy Love, love, love the wedding story. Thanks so much for publishing it each year. I burst out laughing each time at the image of your DH in the claw-foot bathtub.

No chocolate bars and no cupcakes either one - you're on a roll, Kudos.

maryann - All Done! Super Congratulations for completing your part of that journey for your degree. I so wish song and dance had been part of my school history studies - I might have learned something, LOL.

BigchiefDavid You're not kidding; I have a Pavlov response thinking about good Cajun food before I start reading your posts. Kudos for continuing to use your four year old as your fitness trainer.

nationalparker Ouch for too rainy and dark for walking on your favorite trail. Walking outside is just the best.

Beth (bethFromDayton) Sounds like a good plan to know in advance that Monday is rotisserie chicken night. I love leftover chicken in the fridge for making a quick meal during the week.

IBelieveInMe2 Happy 28.5th Together Anniversary and Happy 19th Wedding Anniversary. May many more follow. Having plans for your favorite restaurants is a great strategy. For example, it's not a surprise that Beverlyjoy mentioned seamed Sea Bass - she's mentioned previously that that's her plan for that restaurant.

Kitty (Bootedkitty) Yep, Kudos for giving yourself credit for your successes this weekend. Mom's cooking can equate to feeling the happiness of childhood - it's hard to turn down.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 3
How Thin People Think

characteristic 2
You Have a Low Tolerance for Hunger and Cravings

The Beck Diet Solution
. . .I'm going to teach you how to effectively respond to the voice in your head that tries to convince you, I have to eat right now! You'll learn many techniques to refocus your attention so that hunger and craving lose their persuasive power. You'll learn to tell yourself, I'm just feeling hungry, or I'm just having a craving ... I don't have to pay attention to it ... I can shift my focus to something else ... I don't have to eat impulsively to get rid of this feeling ... In a few minutes, I'm going to be really glad that I didn't eat.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 35.
Closed Thread