Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 183/170.5/>140

Height: 5'5"

Lexxiss, my go to lunch is a can of Progresso soup. One can equals somewhere in the range of 160-300 calories depending on the type. I keep 5-6 cans on the shelf just so that I always have something that won't ruin my daily plan.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:12 AM   #212  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Wednesday - Halloween

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Thought Hurricane Sandy was over when we saw blue skies and no wind. Even went for a walk, CREDIT moi, to gawk at the downed trees and branches. Saw one huge tree leaning on the front of a house - Shudder. Arrived home before, with little warning, the super heavy rain came again, this time with serious thunder and lightning! It lasted only about an hour - just enough to remind us that this storm is BIG and is passing leisurely. Basement had a puddle this morning, but not the flooded condition that concerns me - Yay.

Food was 100% on plan, CREDIT moi, even with the urges to eat my way through the uncertainty. It took until this morning for our clothes to dry from the soaking from an ill-advised walk about on Monday night when - I thought - there was a break in the rain.

Debbie (Lexxiss) – If yesterday's rain was Colorado snow, your ski season would be the best.

spanky - Ouch for your "incident" - hope it resolves well. Kudos for that "without a hitch" performance when confronted with pizza and candy.

TeachMe - Thanks for the baba ganoush instructions. Your set of ingredients seems healthier than I had thought it had to be. I'll definitely give it a try.

HaleyJu - Ouch for "jack hammers just down the hall" - time for company issued Bose Noise-cancelling headphones. My DD asked for a pair - kinda pricey - as a gift when she was having trouble concentrating in her lab near an industrial refrigerator. She says they solved the problem.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 8 Stage 5 The Motivation-for-Life Plan

Re-Motivation Plan

Monitor your level of general self-care. Make sure your life is in balance: Are you engaging in enough pleasurable activities? It's important to get satisfaction from non-food sources. Do you need to reduce your stress? Are you getting enough sleep? Everything is harder if you don't get enough non-food satisfaction, you're stressed, or you're tired.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), pg 193.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 183/170.5/>140

Height: 5'5"

Looks like Beck, like most of the East Coast, is back in business today.... and trying to catch up.
Quote:
October 31, 2012 - Wednesday Sabotage
Sabotaging Thought: It’s Halloween so I can eat as much candy as I want.

Response: No matter what day of the year it is, if I overeat candy, it will have negative consequences. While it’s reasonable to plan to have some candy today, it’s also reasonable to ensure that I eat it in a controlled way so that this day doesn’t throw me off track. It's not worth it!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012
October 30, 2012 - Tuesday Reality Check
Sometimes dieters think, “I’ll never achieve and maintain my ideal weight.” We remind them that we don’t even know what their ideal weight is in the beginning because, in our definition, it is the weight they get down to when they are eating and exercising in a healthy and consistent manner. We also remind them that getting there and staying there is purely a matter of learning specific skills and practicing them over and over again until they get better and better.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012
October 29, 2012 - Monday Motivation
Important reminder: Although dieting may feel really difficult at times, so many great things come as a result of pushing through. Remember, it’s not as if you have to work hard to be disciplined and control your eating and get nothing in return – actually just the opposite is true. By doing all these things you’ll get the MOST IMPORANT things in return (improved health, self-confidence, pride, reduced physical and emotional pain, etc.).
Old 10-31-2012, 11:20 AM   #214  
Green Tomatoes

Credit for packing a lunch for our drive home yesterday. That made it possible to take the opportunity for a lovely picnic on the shore of Table Rock Lake.

Credit for making a quick stop at the grocery for some yogurt so I could have a normal breakfast today, getting back to my routine as quickly as possible.

TeachMe: thank you for your lightened up version of baba ganoush. If the eggplants in my frozen garden still look edible, I'm going to make some of that!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:04 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 242/190.5/153

Height: 5'6"

Credit to me for mostly getting through today OP. DH had angiogram, which took meant being away from home from 11-8pm. Took healthy snacks, but hunger and relief told me I could eat some bread and mozzarella. Other than that food was ok.

Main thing was angiogram went very well. Other than the valve problem, his heart is just fine. The doctor said his valve replacement surgery should be in March, but business as usual till then. 'Sufficient unto the day...'
Old 11-01-2012, 05:04 AM   #216  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the November 2012 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on:

Beck Diet For Life/Solution – November 2012 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:
List of Monthly Beck Threads for Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

Closed Thread