Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #151  
On the path to a new me

S/C/G: 274/264/175

Height: 5'3"

Today has been another day that has been OP so far and also without Soda again So far (it's going on 5 PM here as I post this) My challenge for tonight is going to dinner with a friend and not yet knowing where we are going and making a point of staying OP, I am bringing my list and my cards with me so I can look at them just before he picks me up and also as I am looking over the menu depending on where we are going, if we go to a place that offers Salad as an option then that is what I will have as I have been craving one all day!

Spanky thanks for the compliment I actually drink Crystal Lite also but much prefer plain old water, my favorite brand of bottled water is the Nestle Pure Life.

BillBE It is really wonderful having a therapist that is so supportive of the Beck program and is encouraging me to continue to work it. I actually sent a link to the Beck page to the advanced nurse practitioner I see for medication management so she can familiarize herself with the program as well.

I will write more when I get home from dinner.

All the Best
Jaye
Old 08-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #152  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Arrow quick check in

Coaches

Spent the day doing things and then went groery shopping, with a list, with DH this evening. * credits all around for us*
Got my 140 exercise minutes in for the week. *credit*

I had to talk myself out of so may treats today OMG. EVERYWHERE I went it was all I saw were the treats. But then I would get this inner voice that said "You're not there yet. You can't do that. You are still losing weight and getting smaller and that stuff will not help you." It's helping an awful lot that DH cannot eat any of those treats. I cannt bear the thought that I would bring that stuff into the house, forget it somewhere, only to tempt DH from his foodplan. I can't sabotage or test him like that. So, that thought too works to prevent me from bringing that home and it stops me from getting the stuff inthe first place cause one bite of the crappy snacky food makes me crave it for weeks. So, anyway all that to say I resisted all day long today.

I have my official weigh-in tomorrow. Still not enough $ for me to re-join WW and I have not been good with counting my points this week. I am not expecting to repeat the 248.5 I saw last week. I think I will more than likely be the 250-ish that I have been at for the last 5 days. But it's all just a guess. I'll report in after I find out for sure. I'm not that worried. I haven't over-eaten or gone off plan inspite of not tracking the points. I need to keep moving ever downward on that scale.

OK have a good night everyone.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Evening, Coaches.

Like Tazzy I feel I have been MIA for awhile. Starting work and finishing a packet for my thesis is overwhelming. I also threw out my neck. I finally broke down and saw the chiropractorI did get some relief but today I am sore. I have continued OP eating super duper healthy fruits and veggies through 3 meals out. No exercise till my neck feels better.

Welcome Iwantowin.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:27 AM   #154  
On the path to a new me

Coaches,
Wow I am on day 4 without soda!! CR I went to dinner with my friend and stayed OP, I decided on a burger with some grilled mushrooms and onions on it and instead of fries or onion rings I asked for a salad CR. I got to run around some with my god nephew but not as much as usual because he had other kids there that he knew and was playing with but just getting out and getting the fresh air is good. I read my list CR and my response cards CR as well as the Beck book, I am going into day 3 of my first full week on program. I have been telling more and more people about this program. The friend I went out to dinner with has diabetes so it was easy for me not to want to order any sweets after we ate. I enjoy spending time with him. When I weighed myself this morning the scale said 268 lbs so that is down another 1/2 pound for a total of 6 pounds so far
Take care everyone
Jaye
[/FONT]
Old 08-16-2012, 04:27 AM   #155  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Eating was on plan, CREDIT moi, except for some extra nibbling again, Ouch.

Did gym in the morning, CREDIT moi, and got exercise shopping (rather last minute) for clothes required for our rafting trip down the C_olorado River through the G_rand Canyon. I'm psyched; just wish I had everything needed already. Shopped, CREDIT moi, to score a hat, three non-cotton knit shirts for on the water, and cotton 'dorm pants' for sun protection. It made me so happy that one shirt was marked $85 on sale for $20. Only super bargains reduce the angst I feel when shopping for clothes. Perhaps it'll work for me when Home Depot stocks men's clothing since I'm happy when I'm there.

This is my last post until August 30, 2012, since tomorrow I'm out of here at Oh Dark Thirty to get to the airport. Neither Internet nor cell phone signals make it down the mile high cliffs of the canyon – joyous forced separation from ether addiction. Have a sane, on plan, relaxing, two weeks guys.

onebyone – Kudos for "I resisted all day long today" - that's all that's needed. Yay for "doing things" to keep away from food.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – LOL at the convolution of "abundant season results in lower vegetable consumption."

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Yep, a cookie has to deliver. Kudos for tossing the remaining dough rather than eating them anyway. We pick up your C_olorado River only after it enters Arizona at Lee's Ferry, on its way to the Gulf of California which it never makes because it's sucked dry before it gets there. We get off after 225 miles - just shy of reaching Lake Mead and Hoover Dam.

Beverlyjoy – Have a good trip to Cape Cod. You'll have fun company, since, by tradition, Massachusetts sends all its shrinks there in August.

maryann - Yay for a chiropractor who can make the neck begin to work again. Sending supportive thoughts toward completion of your thesis packet.

Tazzy - Having a visitor five times a night sounds like fun for Dexter. Sending you patience to out last him through this phase.

spanky - Now that's a challenging Sabotaging Thought, "But sugar is BAD for Kids!!!" Helpful Response: My Resistance Muscle welcomes the exercise.

Jaye (Jaye68) - That's a super Avatar picture - did you take it? Such a sane life to be craving a salad all day. Congrats on those six pounds.

Carol (Iwanttowin) - Congrats on those two pounds lost forever - are those the two that move you into the great Onderland? Powerful Sabotaging Thought to be fighting, "I might starve to death before my next meal."

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 7 Stage 4 The Think Thin Lifetime Eating Plan

Experiments to Vary the Think Thin Eating Plan

experiment 6
Bank all snack calories for a special meal.

You can also decide in advance to occasionally pool the calories from all three snacks and add them to one meal. For example, you might choose one of the following:
  • An appetizer and/or bread
  • A mixed drink or more than one glass of wine or beer
  • A special higher-calorie dish
  • A larger portion of one or more foods
  • A full-sized serving of dessert
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), pg 173.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:56 AM   #156  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Hi Coaches -- Oy Vey -- I had an UNplanned food day, Sunday, Monday, Tues, and Wed....and did not do well without a plan to adhere to. Finally got my fitday caught up and can tell that spending 4 days fooling around with food is keeps me circling the block instead of going forward consistently. And to make things worse my Beck book is MIA!!! I hate the idea of tearing this room apart at 2:33 a.m., but I need to find that book. And along with my UNplanned food, I've been snacking on potato chips from the vending machine....not good.

Also, on Monday afternoon I had a major low blood sugar thing that happened in the grocery store, and I was very sweaty, shaky, irritable, and started feeling confused, and then was hugely ravenously hungry and it was awful....and it was my fault because I had not eaten right....

So, time to retreat and regroup, FIND the beck book, making a plan tonight before I sleep to get through tomorrow and Friday....and just make it better.

BBE -- HAVE A GREAT TRIP BUDDY!!!

JAYE -- yayyyy for you for four FOUR days without soda!!

Maryann -- good for you for getting back on plan with food....proud of you -- tha'ts not easy with thesis, neck, etc....hang in there!

Onebyone -- don't you just hate the days that the treats are screaming EAT ME EAT ME EAT ME....some days are like that -- as noted above, I've been even stalking the stuff in the vending machines this week -- and I even have to go down to the basement -- it's not like the vending machines are on my way or anything.....sigh

Beverlyjoy -- good for you for planning to be OP on your trip. That's working Beck for your benefit. It tells me if you can do that on a trip, I certainly can figure out how to be 14 miles away at work and plan what food to take....

Iwantowin -- you'll like the feeling when you go through the how to put off hunger exercise....hunger isn't an emergency

Hey coaches...wait a minute...I think that Low blood sugar episode sort of scared me the other day, and I'm overeating again as a result....Hmmmmm....responding to your posts, gave me that insight...because it's okay to be a little hungry, but I need to be reasonable and if I get up I need to eat something before I go out to do errands, etc...

gardnerjoy -- congrats on your 100% day and 80% day....you're getting back y our Beck mojo....lol....yes, when you can get the good stuff from a garden, it's hard to go back to buying it from the store....

Lexxiss -- Homer Alaska -- I've been watching that reality show about the family that lives up in alaska -- I don't think I'd make it through one of those winters....but then again, it's been 109 here for DAYS now, and maybe an Alaska winter sounds kind of good.

Have a good rest of the week coaches....I'll fidn the Beck book and plan my food and get back on trackk and have a good report for you this weekend....

Beck Team Hug....
Old 08-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #157  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning Coaches,
I hope everyone has a great day. I went for a massage yesterday at 630pm and fell asleep once I came home. I didn't post, yikes..
Bill- enjoy your vacation. I will miss your posts. I look forward to them each day. Have a wonderful time.
Hello to everyone, I will be back with personals. I woke up hungry...that is a first for me.
Congrats to all the successes. If you are struggling remember this too shall pass. Someone once told me while they were going through a tough time. I can get through an hour at a time. Which can lead to a day at a time and so on. They mentioned breaking it down to smaller time blocks.
Hugs to all.
Have an amazing op day everyone.
Take Care
Ann

Last edited by Newlifestyle; 08-16-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #158  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Coaches!

I have a day off with no obligation until I take my Mother to a medical appt. very late in the afternoon. I continue to work on my life routine, Beck inspired, of course. I weighed this morning and have a food plan for today. credit.

BBE, I surmised you would be traveling to the mighty Colorado, which is but a trickle when it originates in the mtns. just behind me. I always take a moment to try and imagine how long it takes for the river I cross on my bike to reach the Grand Canyon, especially when my DH is at hiking towards the bottom and crossing over the black bridge. I will think fondly of you and your DW as I enjoy it's beauty from my home. Enjoy every experience you encounter.

Off to a great day! Thanks for being here everyone!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #159  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Busy busy. I don't have a plan written for today (I usually do that the night before), but I'll do that next.

WI: -0.05kgs, Exercise: +65 660/1400 minutes for August, Food: 90% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

onebyone: yes to "OMG. EVERYWHERE." I sense you're getting close to this being helpful: "That's not about me." I learned that one from BillBlueEyes and it really helped me, over time, to notice that stuff less often.

Jaye68: salad instead of starchy or fried side dishes is a great strategy! I've been amazed how many restaurants will do that. When I ask for salad, I also feel like I'm doing a little something to help all of us who need healthier choices in restaurants. My goal is that more and more restaurants will have that printed on their menus as an option.

Woohoo, BillBlueEyes! I hope your vacation is terrific! It sounds very exciting.

Elizabeth779: yikes on your low sugar episode! Well done getting back here and committing to finding your book and getting back on track. I think your insight that the low blood sugar episode scared you into overeating again is plausible. The Thin Commandments Diet by Stephen Gullo recommends carrying a "ThinPack" with you at all times -- on plan snack food that's available when you need it.
You aren't the first to have the book go missing for awhile. It usually turns up under some other stuff that you've already looked at three times and are sure a book wouldn't fit under that stack.

Newlifestyle: yay for waking up hungry!

Lexxiss: enjoy your low obligation day!
Old 08-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

I woke up stiff but happy to have a day to write on my thesis. Scale today said 3 pounds under ticker which is exciting. My eating habits have completely changed in the last three weeks. It has made such a difference.

Jaye: Congrats on breaking the soda addiction. I know gardener joy and I feel the same way. Once we gave up the Diet Coke, it made a huge difference.

Lexxiss: Enjoy your day off. You deserve it.

Newlifestyle: It was really one of my first awakenings - it is healthy to have an empty stomach in the morning. That and sitting down while I ate. Credit.

Bon Voyage, BBE.

Last edited by maryann; 08-16-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 218/210/183

Height: 6'0"

Took my DD to the airport yesterday and DID NOT eat over it.
Got three more job rejections yesterday and DID NOT eat over it.
Our town is threatened by wildfire; my friend is staying with us because she was evacuated; smoke and danger everywhere: DID NOT eat over it.
At least not yet...
That's all I can credit myself for right now
Old 08-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #162  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Default This is the story of a Thursday in August

Coaches

Official weigh-in day: 250.0!! Figures it would withold that 0.1 to be under 250 OH WELL life goes on and there's always next week and hey, I'm not 255 anymore! and hey! it focuses me back on tracking my points this week... DH is settled enough-we have a food shopping routine planned around recipes and a grocery list. *credits x 4*

I upped my exercise goal by 60min this week to 200minutes. I have done 40 today *credit* walking to get painting supplies from the *shhhhhh don't tell* dollar store. I have a great plan for these canvases all due TOMORROW so I am binge-working today, and happy for it! Must go. Many hours of work ahead of me.

Thanks helpingrachel for the Peter Walsh quote which is now my new avatar!

For BillBlueEyes:
Quote:
There is no rushing a river. When you go there, you go at the pace of the water and that pace ties you into a flow that is older than life on this planet. Acceptance of that pace, even for a day, changes us, reminds us of other rhythms beyond the sound of our own heartbeats.
- Jeff Rennicke, River Days: Travels on Western Rivers
Have the best vacation you ever had. (lol no pressure there eh?!) See you in two weeks!

Lexxiss here's one for you:
Quote:

Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.
- A. A. Milne, Pooh's Little Instruction Book

Last edited by onebyone; 08-16-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #163  
On the path to a new me

Good Morning Coaches,
Day five NO SODA CR! Thanks for all the congrats the real test for me will be when I pass the one month mark. I have no teeth and unfortunately my gum line/bone structure in my mouth has reached a point where I can not even be fitted for dentures anymore So there are some things that I am unable to eat because of this. Like in the salad last night they had a celerey stick, a carrot stick and a sliced green pepper, I knew I couldn't chew any of those so I gave them to my friend. I also only used a small amount of dressing CR and it wasn't my usual choice of blue cheese CR. My neighbor's 10 year old grand daughter was missing all day and most of the night, they found her safe and sound just after midnight, I did not eat over that CR! The scale this morning said I was 269.5 I have a doctors appointment this morning so we will also see what his scale says.
I will write more later.
BillBBE Nope I didn't take the picture I found it online and thought it was really pretty and appropriate especially headed into the fall/winter up this way.
Jaye
Old 08-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Friends... we are leaving for our adventure. I am going to write down all that I eat, read my cards (I've reading the chapters on going on vacation & dining out) do the best I can while on the road, have healthy snacks in the car, and will try to make good choices.

I don't know if I'll have internet access. I stll have a 'dumb' phone and can't get online via that. DH can via his fancy phone from his job. I am not suppose to use it, however.

Have a great week. Always remember to treat yourself as kindly as you would treat a good friend.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-17-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 206/199/155

Good Morining Coaches,
I had a good day yesterday but very busy that is why I did not post until this moring and it will be a very short one as I am on my way out the door for another busy day! I did follow all the Beck Steps yeaterday CR with the exception that I had a Rum and Diet coke with my DH last night at the end of a very hectic day. I am down another .02 on the scale this morning CR and I have made arramgements to get a mimi trampoline. I figure that I can put that at the back of the family room and use it while we watch some TV in the evenings. If I can do this in addition to the daily walks that would be great.
I hope everyone has a very good day and if anyone would be interested in posting their meal plans to give me some ideas on how you strcture your day that would be great I am starting that next week and want to work on it this weekend. Favorite recipes would also be helpful.
Totta for now
Carol
Closed Thread