Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Hi, I'm new to Beck

Hi there, I have this Beck book in a book shelf somewhere in this house -- will conduct a search for it. I have read the book, but put it aside for an Atkins effort. I'm not wanting to work on the Beck cognitive aspect, and use calorie counting.
Elizabeth779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #2  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

to the Beck Thread, Elizabeth (Elizabeth779) - it's great to have someone just looking into the Beck books.

The Beck strategies are a good supplement to a chosen diet - like calorie counting. It's easy to be turned off by Cognitive Therapy - such an awful name for such a good set of ideas - but when tried seriously, they do work.

Feel free to join us on the monthly thread where we serve as Diet Coach / Diet Buddy to each other. I recommend that you not attempt to post personal responses at first, just post your status and enjoy reading the others.

Glad you're here.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:44 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth779 View Post
Hi there, I have this Beck book in a book shelf somewhere in this house -- will conduct a search for it. I have read the book, but put it aside for an Atkins effort. I'm not wanting to work on the Beck cognitive aspect, and use calorie counting.
oops ooops ooooooooooooooops -- I said "NOT wanting to work on...." when I should have said "NOWWWWWW wanting to work on....."

but to complicate matters, I forgot about posting on this thread.....I'm a little sleep deprived at times....

My sister is a counselor and uses cognitive therapy -- it is an excellent -- if not the best -- in my opinion for understanding and changing human behavior -- of which mine could certainly use some modification

I will take your great advice and look at read on the thread and not comment except for status. In a couple days I'm going to be off for 11 days and will find that book (it's here SOMEwhere), and let it help me.

Thanks for your response.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
Feel free to join us on the monthly thread where we serve as Diet Coach / Diet Buddy to each other. I recommend that you not attempt to post personal responses at first, just post your status and enjoy reading the others.

Glad you're here.
Hi BBE -- read the thread, and of course didn't do a personal response -- but when you say "just post your status"......what do you mean by that? What is my status? The thread did look good and very supportive actually.

I need to get the new book also. The book I am looking for is the older "Pink" book.

Thanks...and like the pic of Van Gogh???