3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Beck Diet Solution (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution-234/)
-   -   Hi, I'm new to Beck (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution/255840-hi-im-new-beck.html)

Elizabeth779 03-29-2012 05:55 AM

Hi, I'm new to Beck

Hi there, I have this Beck book in a book shelf somewhere in this house -- will conduct a search for it. I have read the book, but put it aside for an Atkins effort. I'm not wanting to work on the Beck cognitive aspect, and use calorie counting. :)

BillBlueEyes 03-29-2012 07:36 AM

:welcome: to the Beck Thread, Elizabeth (Elizabeth779) - it's great to have someone just looking into the Beck books.

The Beck strategies are a good supplement to a chosen diet - like calorie counting. It's easy to be turned off by Cognitive Therapy - such an awful name for such a good set of ideas - but when tried seriously, they do work.

Feel free to join us on the monthly thread where we serve as Diet Coach / Diet Buddy to each other. I recommend that you not attempt to post personal responses at first, just post your status and enjoy reading the others.

Glad you're here.

Elizabeth779 06-02-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth779 (Post 4271929)
Hi there, I have this Beck book in a book shelf somewhere in this house -- will conduct a search for it. I have read the book, but put it aside for an Atkins effort. I'm not wanting to work on the Beck cognitive aspect, and use calorie counting. :)

oops ooops ooooooooooooooops -- I said "NOT wanting to work on...." when I should have said "NOWWWWWW wanting to work on....."

but to complicate matters, I forgot about posting on this thread.....I'm a little sleep deprived at times....

My sister is a counselor and uses cognitive therapy -- it is an excellent -- if not the best -- in my opinion for understanding and changing human behavior -- of which mine could certainly use some modification ;)

I will take your great advice and look at read on the thread and not comment except for status. In a couple days I'm going to be off for 11 days and will find that book (it's here SOMEwhere), and let it help me.

Thanks for your response.

Elizabeth779 06-02-2012 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes (Post 4272012)
Feel free to join us on the monthly thread where we serve as Diet Coach / Diet Buddy to each other. I recommend that you not attempt to post personal responses at first, just post your status and enjoy reading the others.

Glad you're here.

Hi BBE -- read the thread, and of course didn't do a personal response -- but when you say "just post your status"......what do you mean by that? What is my status? The thread did look good and very supportive actually.

I need to get the new book also. The book I am looking for is the older "Pink" book.

Thanks...and like the pic of Van Gogh???