Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 12:29 AM   #271  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

My new video series arrived and I'm pleased that the beginner level is actually pretty easy for me. I might be in better shape than I've been giving myself credit for.

WI: +0.25 kgs, Exercise:+70 1255/1300 minutes for January, Food: 80%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

pamatga: Swiss chard is our favorite garden vegetable. I think if I'd planted more, we'd still be eating it. It stopped growing so I harvested the last of it early this month.
My eggplant always gets eaten by flea beetles. When I grew it from seed, my plants weren't big enough to cope with the damage. So, I'm going to buy eggplants as plants this year. I want to try it from seed again though because there are so many cool varieties -- including white ones, the reason they are called eggplants after all.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:16 AM   #272  

I'm here to say it's a new day (well middle of the night) and I'm back with the Beck.

My goal for the day: stick with my food plan; use distraction tonite to resist snacking after dinner; plan to say up till 10 (last night in bed by 9 and dead asleep when my brother called at 9:30.)

Gardnerjoy: once again jealous of the veggie gardening.

FFC: my sympathies for the floundering. Sending positive thoughts your way.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:10 AM   #273  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Tuesday - Done with January

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Worked out at the gym (CREDIT moi) next to a BIG guy - not fat, BIG like in the ads for Muscle Milk. And tall, and muscular, and with a bum that looked like it would power a locomotive. He was so BIG that it didn't make me feel wimpy when he picked up dumbbells each weighing the same as both that I was lifting. Made me wonder what it would be like to work out in a gym of a professional football team.

Food was on plan, CREDIT moi, for all meals, but Ouch for extra with my evening snack. I still need to whack myself in the head when I justify extra grapes and an orange that are good for me.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Yay for "better shape." Interesting idea; we've lost our snow peas to House Sparrows for the past few years - hadn't thought of buying larger plants to start.

Erika (eusebius) – Ouch for the stress of loved relatives however much the joy of their company. Kudos for continuing with your C25K.

Beverlyjoy – Hope all goes well with your step mom today.

FutureFitChick – Sending electronic de-floundering thoughts. May you remember to read your Advantages Card and find you way.

Pam (pamaga) – Congrats on another 9.2 pounds gone forever. LOL at "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them like brown rice." [Strange that the Canada Geese are coming back already (you're welcome to keep them, we have enough resident ones). Your Robin comment surprises me because we have Robins year round - I must have seen a dozen when we were out last week. Do yours usually leave?]

maryann - Yay for work done.

maplover – Glad to hear that your mother is feeling herself enough to want to go home - a healthy sign to be sure. Ouch for a store being closed when there's an important charm to be bought. (Sleep is good.)

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 4 Stage 1 The Success Skills Plan
Success Skill 8 Follow Your Plan, No Matter What
resistance technique 9
Do a negative fast-forward.
Imagine, in detail, how you will feel 10 minutes after eating the unplanned food. Visualize the situation: Will you feel weak and out of control? Disappointed with yourself? Nervous about getting back in control? Hopeless about ever losing weight? Discouraged that you have undermined your hard work? Remind yourself how many times you've given in before and how you felt afterward. Ask yourself, Will eating this unplanned food really be worth a few moments of pleasure?

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), pg 101.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:33 AM   #274  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Coaches/Buddies/Friends!

Sorry I've been MIA....just too much on my plate right now. This morning I tried to sneak out of bed early but DH seems to follow me now. It would have been ok but....I really struggle with trying to help him find a way to learn to keep track of appointments, schedules, etc. I tell him things but he forgets (brain injury). This AM he asked again, "what's the schedule this week?" I told him then he informed me he had business on the other side and he didn't know we wouldn't be returning tomorrow. Frustrating....anyway, I finally went back to bed and tried to sort it out. After he went back to sleep I got up and printed a February calendar. I marked every day I work, every day I take mom to an appt., every appt DH and I have AND every day is marked IS or GW for which location we'll be in.

The point? I didn't let this detour derail me although it was extremely frustrating. Sometimes it can be a jumping off point for emotional eating.

This morning I originally got up planning to "Plan". I have been working on my Beck Thin for Life Plan and it's coming along. I now have a weekly cool chart which is my roadmap of things I need to (or would like to) include in my healthy routine. My need to's are primarily Beck skills and my like to's are specifics to my exercise/health/food/environment.
My detour was apparently one more thing I needed to resolve so that I might find "time for dieting".
Two daily things I have added are 5min. on my rebounder and 5min. of stretching-Every Day.
I've weighed already *credit* and am off to do my 10 min. so I can wake DH back up for coffee before I go to work.

*credit* for checking in.

maplover, glad your mom is feeling better. Take care. Thanks for checking in.

MaryAnn, we moved to Colo. in 2003 to be closer to mom. I spent 23 years in Alaska. Mom is on the East side of the Continental Divide near Denver. We have taken over my family home and mom lives 1 block away. We have no friends here, but I am enjoying the new 2 day/week job.
We have a mobile home on the West side, 1 mile from an incredible outdoor hot springs/athletic club all accessible by bike trails. It was my favorite childhood spot. We have lots of friends and activities. Coming and going used to be pretty simple and is just a bit more complicated now that I work 2 days/week. Having a the extra $$ has had a positive impact Plus I get lots of work exercise. Everything seems pretty smooth, but it takes DH awhile to catch up to the schedule.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-31-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:11 AM   #275  

S/C/G: 173/178/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.
On track Day. School busy as usual. Emotional as usual. I am the police, the parent, the boss, the nurse for 90 plus 13 years old. I do my job and am always willing to be the bad guy. I am not their friend. They don't need more friends. My DS asked me how the students feel about me. I told him I don't win any popularity awards but they know I am fair. I wish fairness would burn more calories. But, as Lexxiss, said about work, the money is appreciated. I am forced to dress and look my best. I get lots of extra steps in everyday I work. I appreciate it.Eusebius and FFChick I hear your struggles. This too shall pass. Credit for both of you checking in. Pamataga: the weather is weird and not easy on crops. We are lucky are fruit is good. Orange right now.BBE: I sometimes wonder about people with mythological bodies. "How hard could your life be?" oh Well.

Last edited by maryann; 01-31-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:34 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 194.8/169.6/155

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone!

I think my new motto should be "busy, busy". The time just seems to disappear on me. Had an okay weekend, spent all day Saturday sewing (until I broke 2 needles in my machine and had to give up until I could buy more on Sunday morning). But all 9 pairs of pants in the house are now hemmed and a couple of pairs are mended. Also took 2 more pairs out of the closet for the goodwill bin, still more sorting to do.

Saturday was not a good eating day, all I seemed to want was carbs and made the mistake of eating peanut butter toast for breakfast which just sent me on the hunt all day for them. I'm not sure what the calorie count was but it did show up on the scale yesterday being up 1.4 but am down that today so back on track. I'm eating less carbs during the day and although I think I have enough other food I find at night I'm still peckish and not sure what I want. I need to get back to tracking to see what exactly is happening.

Only 11 days now until we leave for our cruise and it seems surreal to us still. As DS said last night it won't be real until we are on the airplane, such wise knowledge from a 12 year old! He turns 13 on Friday but seems to be going on 20!

Hello to everyone
Old 01-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Coaches and Buddies, had an OK day today. I worked at home today. My morning got taken over by time-wasters, but my afternoon was fairly productive. Food was on plan, but not tracked. Very little activity today. Read my cards once before breakfast and left food on plate at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but fogot at snack time.

GardenerJoy, hope your new videos are great!

Maplover, hope you get better rest tonight. Great job getting back on plan.

BillBlueEyes, great job for the workout and bummer on the grapes.

Lexxiss, absolutely fabulous that you did not turn to food with the calendaring incident. You do a lot of care taking of others!

Maryann, I am in awe of you for minding 90!

Tazzy, glad you got back on track and were rewarded on the scale.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Checking in... 12 hours at the hospital today. I am tired. My food is OK and I have kept track.

Catch ya later.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:35 PM   #279  
Green Tomatoes

We had temps in the 60s for the second day in a row. So I overshot my exercise minutes for the month by hauling wood chips for paths in my veggie garden.

WI: +0.65 kgs, Exercise:+60 1315/1300 minutes for January, Food: %op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

BillBlueEyes and pamatga: We also have robins year-round now. I don't believe that we did when I was a kid. Bird-watching friends tell me that our summer robins go south for the winter and the ones we see in the winter spend their summers in Minnesota and points north.

Beverlyjoy: 12 hours is a long day. Take care of yourself. Thinking of you!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:17 AM   #280  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the February 2012 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution/249438-beck-diet-life-solution-February-2012-support-discussion-buddy-coach.html

You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:
List of Monthly Beck Threads for Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

Closed Thread