Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 08:19 AM   #91  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Coaches/Buddies/Friends!

I've been very busy and lots of tasks involve food. I've been trying to be very mindful. I have not been without tastes as I've been baking for others but I've (mostly) stayed away from kitchen nibbling ala licking the spoons, etc. I'm also happy to report that some of the items no longer have the extreme tug for overeating that they used to . I credit being persistent with my Beck skills for that.

BillBlueEyes, hasta luego!!

maplover, "work the Beck stuff hard" as you said, and it will help you navigate through your busy week.

Holly, yay for a spontaneous hunger experiment! It sounds like you learned something about yourself.

Pam(atga), I was in awe as I read of your latest experiment, shrinking your appetite. Kudos! It is very realistic of you to recognize that as you lose you will need to be satisfied with less. I think about this "in reverse" because as I reflect, I know I am more satisfied with less now….yet perhaps it is time for me to think about your experiment, too, as I try to move down the scale again. BTW-congrats on getting two sign ups for your newly formed sub-group!

Shannon(Daimere), credit for such a successful day! Ouch that your DH seems ticked when you eat foods you have chosen for WL, when he isn't being proactive to take care of his own needs if they're different. My DH has shifted gradually, but it didn't happen overnight. Sending hopeful thoughts regarding that in your direction!

MaryAnn, yay for a plan for the staff party. I hear ya on the germ thing...I think of it lots at the restaurant and wash wash wash.

Val, congrats to your DD and thanks for the pic of your baking. It's really a work of art!

Erika(eusebius), good that you're identifying that letting go of the alcohol for now will help with your program! I think it will be a plus for you in the next few weeks.

sarahbennett, great that you've decided to start over in the book so you can better master the Beck skills.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:35 AM   #92  

Coaches/buddies

I am starting to work through my advantages again to make them more specific. That is to visualize what life will be like when I attain a “normal” weight. I am grouping them into the categories I devised for my first set of advantages.

So for improving health I am listing that I may slow down, but I will not have an old age where I don’t have the strength to lift myself out of my chair. Now I know that this is not strictly a function of losing weight, it also has to do with maintaining or increasing my muscle mass (which I am working on), but the less weight you have to lift the better. Also included in this is not getting up every morning unable to walk due to arthritis in my ankle. The less weight my ankle has to bear, the less pain and stiffness I will have.

Under feeling better about myself. I see myself losing the stomach bulge and the huge boobs that cause discomfort.

On the topic of making time (which I am struggling with now). I did go back and make my Iphone reminders (to read my advantage cards) a daily thing. It only took a few seconds. Why did I think I was “too busy” to deal with that after the first day?

I need to get ahold of the green book sometime over the holidays.

Also just wanted to think back to a time in the mid ‘80s to ‘90s when I was involved in a 12 step program related to compulsive eating. There were times during that (dark) period when I felt the out-of-body experience of having the compulsion to eat lifted. I’m feeling something like that this morning. If Beck can help you stave off something negative (cravings), why can’t she help you bring yourself into a positive frame of mind (lack of desire). Does this make sense?

Oh: making a commitment to not drink wine at my DDs housewarming party this evening. It does not matter how uncomfortable I feel. Also taking my cognitively impaired mom for new glasses today (she lost hers in the hospital). I need to develop my patience and compassion muscles for this.

Lexxiss: Credit You for your resolve to be mindful while you are compelled to deal with food.

Last edited by maplover; 12-10-2011 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #93  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Morning all,

Well, last night was not too successful, but it was better than the night before. At least I didn't actually binge. We had a concert last night and my husband didn't eat dinner beforehand, so he was very hungry afterwards and we went to the grocery store to buy things to eat. I had some points left over, so that was fine. Unfortunately, we also bought 2 chocolate bars. Ouch!! Thank goodness for the hour of yoga I'd put in earlier. The scale was down this morning, so I'm thankful for that. And no alcohol was involved.

Clearly I need to review the Beck principles … and fortunately I've been rereading the pink book anyway. Today was Day 1 (after reading the initial chapters earlier this week) so I tweaked my ARC to reflect something I really need to admit to myself: Looking better is actually really important to me. Sure, I want to be in better health and live longer, but all the women in my family tend to live into their late 80s or 90s anyway regardless of eating habits (or smoking!) so I tend not to take that seriously enough. Looking better makes me feel better. And it also has an effect on my career as a performing artist. So I moved that advantage up to near the top of my list.

Today: a four-hour mini-retreat with my meditation group. Ahhhhh … And then dinner at my parents', before which I will most definitely be reading my ARC.

Val - you are all kinds of awesome for working with truffles all day and still eating slowly and mindfully. Congrats to DD for her college acceptance!

maryann - you definitely deserve that hero award for tying all those germy necklaces, LOL. Well done reviewing all your Beck skills - it will pay off!!

Daimere (Shannon) - Sounds like you did great yesterday! I love how you worded what you are doing - you just are that person that chooses wisely. Very powerful.

Pam - you are so right, alcohol is definitely a depressant and that is the last thing I need right now. I will be skipping it for the foreseeable future, except maybe a toast on New Year's Eve (one sip). I must go and check out your blog! I didn't realize you had one. Cool.

Holly - Nice job with your impromptu hunger experiment!!

maplover - ooh a MacBook Air, I am jealous Big kudos to you for your successful Beck day!! And great to read about your more specific advantages - that is a very cool idea. I think I will tweak mine a bit further too. I agree that Beck can bring you to a positive frame of mind and I also definitely think that this wonderful group can do that as well.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Love how practicing Beck has made working with food easier for you. I am feeling inspired by your success!!

BillBE - thinking of you on your weekend away - hope it's going well.

OK, I am pumped to have an on-plan successful day today. Thanks as always to all of you for your inspiration!!
cheers
Erika
Old 12-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #94  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Decent day. I actually read my ARC card today...twice! I kept forgetting the last few. I ate sitting down except again in the kitchen cooking some eggs afterwork. I said no to candy and ate an apple (credit moi!). Along with Beck, I'm doing some of the stuff from Body Esteem, especially the CDs. I feel asleep while listening to two of the tracks and dreamed about weightloss. O.O I don't remember what exactly but I remember waking up thinking, 'wow.'

I've been trying to tape a new hoop video for Christmas and I was outside sweating buckets hooping. Although I don't know if it was cause of my hooping or my layers. It's cold out there! I don't know if it was "30 minutes." But it was exhilarating. Since exercise has been so hard for me this week, kudos me for moving my rump! I've been journaling about my weight loss at work and it's really opening me up emotionally about food/cravings.

My husband again complained about food and complained about me pushing this table out of the way to exercise/hoop. Honestly, I can say that I gained most of my weight back because he told me my saggy skin was disgusting when he first saw it. It was one of those conversations that was like, "Oh I've changed so much about what I think of you sort of conversations." It hurt my feelings so much because I was SO proud of that skin and I stopped caring at all at that point. Before he told me that, I was really, really trying to get back into shape. Even since then, every effort hasn't been full fledged. I'm just wondering if he's afraid if I do lose every single shred of weight (I hadn't hit goal when I met him), if I'll leave him. Even fat, he's afraid I will. Maybe he's subconsciously trying to sabotage me.

@pamatga- I was here I guess in 2007 or something. It was a year after high school for me. I lost 80 pounds through the awesome 3FC (although I don't think I got Beck till 2008ish )but I was on my own with no transportation, no full time job and my mom bought all my food. It's easy when everything is so simple! When I stalled and started dating, I slacked a bit. Then I moved in with my boyfriend and it all changed. I slowly since then almost gained it back.

@HollyP - Good job!

@Lexxiss -Thank you! He's supportive but I'm not sure if he gets weight loss. He told me once, "well just drink water and walk a lot. Or don't eat as much cause that worked for me years ago." o.O I work as a CNA. I need energy and other than coffee, I drink water. Different strokes for different folks.

@eusebius - Thank you!

Now to work on Beck stuffs and bed!
Old 12-10-2011, 02:17 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Day 15 (again): Last nite was a terrific date nite. It is always good to know you enjoy your husband's company. Food was food and not everything. Today is my first day strictly OP. Food committed to paper. I hear rumblings of my brain that resist the discipline but it feels good to be committed. I am looking forward to putting a "star" in my planner tomorrow for having been perfectly OP today.

daimere: It sounds like your husband's remarks hurt you deeply. I can imagine it would be hard to persevere in the face of that negativity. Credit for you to committing to the program. In the end, It is your life and you deserve to feel happy.
Maplover: I am a 12 steppper - first Alanon, then AA and then OA. I have found tremendous relief from the steps and I don't think they are exclusive of Beck. Every time truth and accountability unite ( in any program) there will be healthy movement toward peace.
Lexxiss: Credit for only nibbles in the XMAS treat making process. Whoa: there is a lot of sugar out there.
Eusibuis: Credit for yoga. I am committed to a session myself today even though I just want to stay inside and be a slug.
Holly: How did the rest of the day go?
Pam: You reminded me how personally I take everything. If someone doesn't want to shake my hand I immediately think it is because they don't like me. LOL
Valerie: the treats look amazing.
Everybody else: Have a good Sat.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Coaches/Buddies, I’ve been off in grading land for the last 48 hours. I am delighted to report that I said “NO” to extra breakfast today when I tried to rationalize it. I only left food on my plate at dinner though and we ate breakfast and lunch in front of the TV.

My semester is done for working, so now I can focus for a month on my research, which feels great. My sick kitty is hanging in there, but he had a really rough night the other night - bad enough that I slept on the floor with him because I thought he was going to die. He has been better in the past 24 hours though.

I’ll get back on top of personals tomorrow.

Have a great Sunday!

Yesterday/Today’s Essentials:
Weigh-in: -1.5 lbs.
Read Advantage Cards two times: no
Read Response Cards at least two times: no
Ate slowly, sitting down, noticing every bite: no
Gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful eating behaviors: yes
Did spontaneous exercise: no
Did planned exercise: none planned
Wrote out food plan for tomorrow: no
Tracked today’s food: no
Left food on my plate: only at dinner
Ate only to normal fullness: yes
Identified and responded to a self-deluding thought: yes

BillBlueEyes, hope you had a great weekend away!

Maryann, hope your new food plan gets on track. So glad you are learning about the need to find something else to ease your trouble besides eating. It is a tough habit to break.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:06 AM   #97  
persist

S/C/G: 322/310/299

Height: 5' 6"

Post minefields: all shape and size

Hi Coaches

It is ridiculously early but here I am posting. I'm up thinking of my sister and my mom. She was visiting my mom and now she's on her way back to Florida. pretty much boarding the plane as I write this right now. I, too, was visiting my mom and visiting with my sister as we convened the whole family (4 siblings) with the head nurse in the care facitility where my mom lives earlier this week to discuss issues around her care and alos to get an idea of where she is in the timeline of her Alzeimer's disease. Although she is deterioriating, it is at a very slow pace. She has taken to calling herself names (jerk, dumbie) which we were told was a sign that she still can recall that she was one way once, and is now not that way. She has self-awareness and I think so long as that is there she is still pretty much all there. Two of my siblings, C and A believe she left pretty much when she was diagnosed and so the 4 of us see her very differently indeed, with N and I being hopeful and looking for how she remains herself and with C and A looking for how she is gone and not herself.

I was *deeply ashamed* of my two siblings, C and A, and how they behaved toward my sibling N, the one who traveled from Florida. Between these three there has been a communication breakdown and I, foolishly, hopefully, thought this could be an opportunity for reconciliation, but at the moment when a simple "Hi!" would have turned things around, (I'm not exaggerating or simplifying this) they gave her one of the meanest, frostiest, coldest, hostile and most complete shutting-out I have ever been witness to. That this was my family made it much worse. It affected me so much that at DH's xmas party Friday night, a day after I returned from the family meeting, when DH turned his back to me to talk to co-workers at the dinner table I immediatley plunged into a desolate dark mood, so much so that I accused him of ignoring me and "why did I even bother to come here with you?" I realized it wasn't what he said, or didn't say, but the physical gesture of being cut off and shut out that affected me so much. If you have any abandonement issues in your life, you may relate. If not, be glad. Later, after we sorted it out, which was mercifully quick, he tried to "fake" do this to me and each time it was an instantaneous black mood which brought me to the edge of tears.

Inspite of these things, I did not overeat while away. I brought my food with me. I wrote down and tracked my food, and I made sure I made it to a WW weigh-in when it was my day to weigh-in (Thursday) and found I was down 1lb inspite of weighing mid-afternoon, in clothes heavier than what I normally wear to weigh-in, and while on a trip which is notorious for causing me to retain water. Success all round. CREDIT

I logged all the food as best I could that we had at DH's xmas party Friday night. I've pretty much eaten all the weekly points I had plus the dailies for that day and yesterday was a challenge. Now I feel completely annoyed I have to plan AGAIN for tonight when we are, most likely, going to dinner at DH's co-worker's place. I am feeling ticked off at having to budget for food I am not choosing. And here it is, 5:40am and I have this "you'd better not go off plan and gain this week" voice running through my brain. It's like a threat from within this voice and I'd better tame it as this is the voice that will surely lead me to eat more than I want, if only in the spirit of "I'll show you" rebellion. I am voicing this here so I can leave it here and begin to drop this particular line of thinking. Many times this works.

Also this week is the Potters' Guild xmas potluck and not-so-silent auction. My first year attending this. Again, I am not thrilled by not knowing what food will be served but at least I am responsible for bringing food as well and I'll make sure I have a good main course choice and some fruit for dessert. I recall the potters' guild members have a real sweet tooth AND a vegan streak. An odd combo. I am more middlin' in my food choices right now so I'd better take care of that.

The next food event will be xmas at MIL. I soooooooo wanted to get out of this. I really don't like xmas much. My best xmas was in Key West a few years back, floating on my back on xmas eve in an outdoor pool at night looking up at a starry sky which was framed by a dark fringe of palm fronds from my vantage point. Xmas day we walked down Duval Street and had a bite to eat at Crabby Dick's. DH had hotdogs, I had a fish taco. This is what I want all my xmases to be. I am very far from that this year, literally and figuratively. What would make it worse would be uncontrolled eating, weight gain, and relapse. I'm not going there. For today, I am choosing not going there but moving forward and counting the blessings I have which are many and varied, not including this group where I can lay this all out and let it be.

Thanks, coaches.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #98  
Maintaining

S/C/G: 140/112/117

Height: 5'2"

report: weighed (5 under goal), ate reasonably, slowly, sitting down, contacted my diet buddy.

maryann -- caramels are easy if you have a candy thermometer and patience, just tedious because it takes about an hour of constant stirring. I sometimes do calorie cycling when I'm losing -- it was 900/1250/900/1800/900/1250/900 over the course of a week, and it definitely would help me break a plateau. Plus that one high-calorie day was very cool to look forward to when you were having 900 calorie days! Yay, you, for a day strictly on plan!

Daimere -- welcome! If it makes you feel better to think of it in a certain way, good for you!

pam -- have fun with your new group!

Holly -- yay, you for showing yourself hunger isn't an emergency!

maplover -- good idea to make your advantages very specific and detailed. I have like 30 cards, and some of them are different aspects of the same thing, such as the way I feel/look in clothes (I rewrote my advantages in present tense when I hit goal):

I'm more willing to do things that require revealing clothing, like working out.
I look like I care about my appearance.
I wear sizes 2 and 4.
Jeans and other fitted clothing feel comfortable.
I feel like trying to look well turned-out.
I no longer want to spend all day every day in my pajamas.
I feel confident because I look good.
Everything I try on fits.
I look good in clothes.

And yay, you, for discovering that the amount of time it takes to make time to diet isn't that onerous! Oh, I love my McAir!

Debbie -- yay, you, for reaping the rewards of persisting with developing your Beck skills! That's a great feeling!

eusebius -- I, too, struggle with wine-induced snackfests. I don't do it too often, but since I weigh daily I always do see the results. That actually helps me avoid the snackfest, actually -- I know that in just 8 or 10 hours, I'm going to be getting on the scale again and I'm not going to like it if I'm up because I ate after drinking wine.

FFC -- yay for saying NO to extra breakfast!

onebyone -- good for you for not allowing the stress you're feeling to give you an excuse to go off plan. Good for you for recognizing your sabotaging thoughts in the voice of rebellion, and dealing with it. Do take a moment to recognize that off-plan eating does NOT equate to "relapse." It's only relapse if you KEEP eating off plan. Off plan eating is not a catastrophe, as long as you get right back on plan.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #99  
Fighting Piano Butt!

Beck post

Morning coaches,

A much better eating day yesterday and the scale reflected that. *Lots of ups and downs though emotionally. *

Ups: *we had a wonderful four-hour meditation session in the afternoon. *We plan to do that every month and I am pumped about that. It is nice to experience the serenity and silence that come with an extended session. *Also I stayed away from the wine last night at my parents' and I think that was a very good thing. *Credit: *I had absolutely zero Christmas goodies after dinner. They're the same ones my mom has been making since I was a kid, so I told myself that I knew what they tasted like - there was no pressing need to revisit them.

Downs: *I am experiencing shoulder and arm pain, possibly from doing more yoga this week than I've done in months. *this is troubling, because I have a lot of piano practicing I need to do, and I also want to do more yoga. *Oh well ... I'm going to try a very gentle class later today & see what happens . *Also, six hours at my parents' house is way more than enough. *They have this nasty habit of starting conversations and then interrupting and/or changing the subject while you're trying to respond. *Basically I always feel like they have no interest in what anyone else has to say. *Bummer.

Today we are supposed to light the advent candle at church as a family. *This afternoon: decorating the Xmas tree ... Sigh... I guess I am just having trouble being positive about it all. *Depression is always harder to deal with when you're in the midst of the holiday season. *I just want to curl up with a book and make it all go away. *At least my daughter is enjoying it.

Daimere (Shannon) - *i think you're doing a fantastic thing for yourself here and I hope your husband can see that eventually. *It sounds like he has some deeper issues in the marriage ... Would it help you to talk to someone about it, like a counselor or therapist? *Just a thought ...

Maryann *- great job getting officially OP! *Your date night sounds lovely and I'm impressed that you put food in its proper place.

FFC- yay for the end of term! *Sending good health vibes to your kitty.

onebyone - great to hear from you and I am sorry you have to deal with so much stress right now. *You are doing a fantastic job. *Your mom is lucky to have you in her corner!!

Val - I love your rewritten advantages for maintenance. Very inspiring and I hope to do the same one day.

Okay, time to face the day. *One breath at a time, as the saying goes ...
Thanks for reading me.
Erika
Old 12-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #100  

Just checking in here. I did not drink wine at this party last night, but I did drink some beer….I didn’t overeat, however. Today I tracked my calories faithfully. I went to another party but did not have any alcohol. I went a bit over my calorie goal—one of the problems is that I did not have a chance to exercise. I need to kick this into high gear. Read my response cards. Am at least attempting to tackle chapter 8 in 1st book (can’t remember whether green or pink—in any event, I have ordered the new book from Amazon.) Here’s what has always stymied me with the time issue—getting it into my head that I have to say this: “I get it…This is going to take work, but I’m willing to do what it takes to lose weight…It will be worth it.” I need to make a response card about this.

onebyone: so sorry to hear about your Mom. My Mom too is struggling with mental issues following a stroke. It is heartbreaking and can only be worsened by the stress of your family's bad behavior {{hugs}}
But credit you for not overeating.

Eusebius: Credit you for resisting the treats. Sorry you are having trouble getting into the spirit of the season. I can relate to that.

Valerie: Thanks for the great suggestions for making my vision (advantage cards) more specific. Also your other words of wisdom re what it takes to succeed.

FFC: hope things improve for the kitty.

maryann Credit you for resolving to be on plan and accepting the discipline

Daimere: Credit you for reading your cards!

Last edited by maplover; 12-11-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Coaches/Buddies, medicore day for me on eating. I started out great with breakfast and then we went to a movie where I ate popcorn and diet soda for lunch - not very nutritious. We also went out for dinner at a taco shop unexpectedly due to an appliance meltdown at home. I ate a salad and iced tea, but could have done better about eating around the unexpected tortilla chips in the bottom and getting chicken instead of beef. Oh well. We went to the grocery store on the way to stock up on options for cooking.

Yesterday/Today’s Essentials:
Weigh-in: +2 YUCK!
Read Advantage Cards two times: no
Read Response Cards at least two times: no
Ate slowly, sitting down, noticing every bite: watched TV and movie during B & L
Gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful eating behaviors: yes
Did spontaneous exercise: no
Did planned exercise: no - was going swimming and went to movie instead
Wrote out food plan for tomorrow: no
Tracked today’s food: no
Left food on my plate: yes, at L & D
Ate only to normal fullness: YES!
Identified and responded to a self-deluding thought: yes - talked self out of the addition of a bagel to my breakfast

Eusebius, fantastic job at ratiolizing yourself out of Christmas goodies! What terrific logic, in spite of feeling unheard with your family. So sorry to hear about that! We want to hear you! Do remember to take some time for yourself to enjoy the season. It is great to curl up with a book for a few hours!!

MapLover, great job staying on track with not having alcohol and tracking your food. Awesome! Your going to get that exercise in this week -- I just know it!

Onebyone, great job for not overeating around your family! That is great news!

Va1erie, great job for being so on track today! Awesome!
Old 12-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #102  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

We're back from a week in Vicksburg, Mississippi. It was a relaxing trip for us, staying in a unit at a bed and breakfast with a jacuzzi! Of course, there were some interesting historical things to view during the times when we did get out and about.

It was cooler than I expected (they thought it was cold) and, thus, less exercise than I hoped. I'd rather counted on warm days and lots of walking.

As for eating, let's just say that I'm glad I didn't have to figure out how to lose weight in the Deep South. It would take some tactics that I have yet to develop.

A belated welcome to sarahbennett21, ladym0208, and Daimere and a belated welcome back to eusebius -- great to see you!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #103  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Coaches/Buddies/Friends!

I averted a misstep of eating an unplanned sandwich at work by remembering I "could" call it dinner. I came home, had a nap and then proceeded with the rest of my cookie baking in a sane, Beck inspired, manner. The bonus was I didn't have to cook a meal and DH happily snacked his way through the evening. *credit*
Old 12-12-2011, 08:43 AM   #104  
Fighting Piano Butt!

Morning coaches,

I spent most of yesterday in a very down mood and by the time evening came I was snacking off-plan. Nevertheless, I got on the scale this morning and it was back down to 199.0 for a total of 4.8 pounds lost this week. I will take it gratefully, and strive to do better today.

Emotionally I feel better this morning, but I am very tired and feel I am fighting a cold or some other virus. Once I get DD to school I may well go back to bed for a while. I am feeling a bit stressed because I have to learn some difficult music for a recital in January and we are rehearsing for the first time next week. I am nowhere near ready … EEEEEK!

maplover - Well done with the parties! The response card idea is great … this is really worth the effort!

FFC - I hear you on the difficulties of finding healthy choices when eating out. Nice job talking yourself out of a bagel!

gardenerjoy - thanks for the welcome back! Glad you had a relaxing week away - sounds like an interesting place to visit.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Nice job with the unplanned sandwich - you really have this Beck way of thinking down!

Time to get the kid to school … Have a great Monday all!
Erika
Old 12-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #105  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Hello Friends!
Well this should be my last week of holiday season madness! Thank you all for understanding and I look forward to being an active participant in this group once again!

Been OP and proud of myself for not eating my stress We had my husband's xmas party on Saturday and I loaded up on chicken and shrimp so no weight gain there. We met friends at a local desert bar afterwards and I sipped diet coke (to stay awake. Not a big soda girl but sometimes caffeine is necessary!) and water. I haven't had much time to ride either but did go out on Saturday and hit my best time yet, so that was exciting. I've tried several calculators but it seems I can burn like 700+ cals in an hour riding intervals and hills so yay! Looking forward to focusing more on training after the holiday rush. Starting to plan our trip home food-wise too, and I'm so fortunate that the friends we'll be sharing the holidays with are all very supportive of my efforts.

Miss you all and again, hope to return to the land of the living very soon!
Closed Thread