Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 08:15 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 186/165/150

Height: 5 9

Thank you everyone for your supportive thoughts and ideas for social situations! I was beginning to think I would need to start avoiding these situations all together, but I am feeling like I can enjoy being social- focusing on the time with friends- and enjoy small tastes of treats- and meet my goal.

I did indulge in some football snacks last night, but was very mindful of each choice to eat something. Even though I went off plan I atleast felt in control of the decisions.

Carol2 Welcome! What a great benefit to be able to see a weightloss psycologist and nutritionist. What specific tools have they given you that have been helpful?

Thanks everyone for the clarification on DH!

Must start my day... a healthy one to you all!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

I was having one of those afternoons when I was hungry and didnít feel like I could do anything until I fixed it. I switched around my meal plan so dinner was smaller and had an extra afternoon snack. It could have been healthier, but it was the best I could do without prior planning. I think I need to work on getting more calories earlier and eating lighter in the evenings.

The wind was howling yesterday and I didnít feel like braving it. I was also feeling pretty low-energy (might have been a blood-sugar thing). Yoga was the only thing I could bring myself to do and I felt better after doing it.

Gardenerjoy, LOL at ďonly a couple of inches.Ē Itís all relative. I hadnít heard of Nia and just googled it. It looks cool. Do you have a DVD you like or did you learn in a class?

Beverlyjoy, the dedication of the childrenís center sounds like a wonderful experience. Give yourself credit for trying at the Chinese restaurant. Itís frustrating when your plan wonít work. Great job getting back on track after going off plan.

Welocome Carol (Carols2)! Congrats on the 60 lb loss and congrats on turning to Beck for your maintenance! I think you will find Beck very useful in maintaining your weight. I will second what others have said that youíll find some good tools in Beck to help you deal with food obsessions. Itís amazing, but itís all in there if we just put in the work. The only other thing that I would add is that food obsessions sometimes grow out of seeing certain foods as bad or forbidden. Maybe work on seeing the cake as a well earned treat (every good diet should make room for these) and the obsession may fade and youíll enjoy the occasional treat.

Seadwaters, kudos for identifying those little bits of food that are sneaking into your diet and those drinks that you arenít counting. They are all small things, but begin to add up if we let them. Yay for enjoying an espresso instead of a full fat latte. Itís a great way to treat yourself and skip the calories.

FutureFitChick, yay for your husband unexpectedly helping out in the kitchen! I hope he got lots of praise so it will happen more often. Ouch for continued low energy. I hope you got some good rest over the weekend. Great job getting back on track after a not-so-great day.

Lexiss, kudos for getting back on track so quickly and putting that bad day behind you. It is wonderful to apply that ďOh wellĒ and find you have the strength to use that resistance muscle.

CeeJay, yay for 2 days on plan and having a plan for another hotel stay! Itís great that you were able to see that youíre trying to break a lifetimeís worth of food habits and can find some patience for yourself.

Nature girl, ouch for the low-blood sugar episode, but kudos for turning it around and getting back on track. Itís true that too little food can be a big saboteur. Yay for posting becoming a habit!

BillBE, yay for snow days that make you get some decluttering done indoors! Iím laughing at the idea of eating the broken piece to fix the flaw only because I understand the urge all too well. Great job getting a walk in even though the back is still a bit sore. I hope the movement helps the recovery.

ChefJoona, one of the things I appreciate most about Beck is that I feel like it frees you from the tyranny of food and social events can become about the people instead of the food. Iím glad you are feeling optimistic. It just takes time and practice. Continuing to be mindful and making choices even when eating off plan foods is a great first step!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 216.4/217/175

Height: 5'5"

Talking Small plates and measuring bowls.

Hello to my friends, and hello to the newer folks I haven't yet encountered!

Yet again I am trying to get back into the habit of posting, which to me is aligned with the habit of writing my dissertation. I've been on hold for the past few weeks -- cleaning, organizing, and waiting to hear if I was going to be teaching. I needed to know exactly WHAT kind of running I was going to be doing this semester. SO, now I know, and although I'm a bit down about not getting the opportunity to teach literature, the Universe has spoken. It's time for me to keep cranking out this dissertation.

Despite the lull in academic progress, I have maintained my mind and body re-shaping. As always, exercise is not a problem for me. But I'm still working on being attentive to my eating and my pitfalls. And learning new things about my weaknesses.

Goals for today:

--finish cleaning our room, cleaning off my desk, organizing my diss materials

--update my academic calendar

--take care of some e-mailing

--write down what I eat

--read AR cards

--work out!

--NO sneak-eating in the kitchen

--Ignore the dishes

As always, it's wonderful to hear all of your stories and experiences. Thanks for always being here. And happy new year!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #289  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I'm with marycontrary and doing a lot of planning tasks today. I tend to find that satisfying and comforting and usually leads to a good eating day, so I'm looking forward to that. Exercise today will be shoveling that last inch or two of snow and/or yoga, depending on how much DH gets done before I get started.

WI: +0.1kg, Exercise: +* /1300 minutes for January, Food: %op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

Welcome, carols2! There are lots of techniques and strategies to use to lessen the obsession. I'm big on trying them all! Serially or all at once depending on what else is going on. I have successfully rid myself of whole categories of food by going cold turkey and just lived with the cravings (for donuts, I had my most recent craving a good eight months after the last donut--that in itself is motivation to never eat another one again). Other times, I have found reasonable substitutions -- and it's often not a food substitute that works best but a behavior substitute, like cleaning the kitchen right after supper and going elsewhere in the house to watch a movie or browse the internet, often 3FC or diet blogs, instead of engaging in night-time snacking. It also helped me to refocus my overeating obsession to a healthy eating obsession -- I read lots of diet and nutrition books and healthy cookbooks, shop at Farmers Markets, and invent new salad dressings to help me eat more raw vegetables.

Shepherdess: I like the Nia DVD called Global Unity. I do have to send my inner cynic to the corner of the room or she'll ruin it for me -- there's a lot of pseudo spirituality going on. But the movement feels really good so I let that wash over me. I suspect that classes would be a really powerful experience, if I could figure out how to leave my inner cynic at home, but I haven't tried that yet.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Beckies - Last night DH brought home dark chocolate m&m's. They were all I could think about. He put them out of my sight. But, it was crazy. I was obsessing about this dark chocolate. So when he brought them out to eat - I had some and didn't end with just a some chocolate - it carried over to other eating. I just hate this food addiction/compulsion stuff. I ended eating way too much last night. I've asked DH not to bring in chocolate before - I guess I need to ask again. I hate that I need to ask him again. Not that he still brings it in anyway. But, also that I am a person that needs to ask him to not bring chocolate in the house.

But - today is a new day. I've made my food plan for the day will try to carry on.

Mary contrary - glad to see your post. You said: I have maintained my mind and body re-shaping. Credit! Good goals.

Shepardess - you said: I think I need to work on getting more calories earlier and eating lighter in the evenings. You know… figuring how to make it all work is a huge part of living well with food. And yoga too! - Creditss

Chefjoona - credit for being mindful of your snacks at the football gathering. It’s all a process.

Billbe - you are not the only person who likes to eat something that's edges need to be evened out. Ouch for extra eating. Death by chocolate - wowzer! Hop back on your plan - of course.. You’ll be OK.

Seadwaters - sorry about all that heat. Where I am is so, so COLD.burr. You’ve had many realizations about doing your plan. It’s those realizations that help move us forward.

Futruefitchick - so glad you are easing back into your plan better. Glad that DH helped in the kitchen. Your honesty is what this is all about. Carry on.

Lexxiss-Debbie - so glad to hear your resistance techniques are feeling present more in your actions. This is good. You said: What was so disconcerting yesterday, was not the quantity of unplanned food but rather the voracity with which I ate it. I totally understand this and have felt that too. It’s amazing how the ‘old habits’ with food can overtake us now and then. Yes.. Thank good for Beck and being able to move forward again.

Ceejay- you said: So I was reading the part about why some people have such a hard time. You know the list- eating when not hungry, being concerned about not having the opportunity to eat, eating past mild fullness, fooling yourself about eating, comforting self with food, abandoning effort when scales go up, eating because it is not fair other's can eat it, and stopping diet when losing weight. I have engaged in all of these for 49 years. Yes, yes, yes & yes… think of how long we have been doing the unhelpful and unhealthy behaviors. It takes time, a blue print, and practice to change the long ingrained habits. You do well so very often. Good realization.

nature girl - maybe you could have a ‘standard’ I am feeling shaky snack to have available for those times. Good job on redoing some cards. I think it helps to reinforce the concepts.

Carols2 - WELCOME!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-24-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:05 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Coaches/Buddies, feeling a little better, but still found I needed a nap this afternoon to be productive. I wish this fatigue would go away! Food has been OK. I didnít have everything completely planned out for today, so my eating was a bit random, but Iíve worked it out to be within my calorie target for the day and planned for tomorrow.

Todayís Essentials:
Weigh-in: -.5 lbs.
Read Advantage Cards two times: once
Read Response Cards at least two times: once
Ate slowly, sitting down, noticing every bite: no
Gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful eating behaviors: yes
Did spontaneous exercise: yes
Did planned exercise: no
Wrote out food plan for tomorrow: yes
Tracked todayís food: yes
Left food on my plate: no
Ate only to normal fullness: yes
Identified and responded to a self-deluding thought: yes

BeverlyJoy, good job for moving on after the M&M incident. Iím rooting for your to post that next one pound loss so I can see you reach that next goal!!!

BillBlueEyes, sorry to hear the back isnít improving much. Good job getting the walking done in spite of the pain. Isnít it funny how that compulsion in us can take over to ďfixĒ the broken pieces of cake, as if we werenít going to chew it in to even tinier pieces in our mouths! Iíll keep Sanofi-Aventis/Genzyme on my radar for future reference! Thanks for the tip.

CeeJay, great job for creating your own list of comforts when things get tough on the plan. These habits have been in practice for so long!

ChefJoona, great job creating a situation where you could stay near your plan and still enjoy the social aspect of the situation! It takes work, but weíll get there.

GardenerJoy, hope you found the day successful with your planning initiatives and you were able to knock out the last bit of that snow!

Lexxiss, ooooh! You are getting so close to your goal!!!! Way to keep at it, in spite of a bad weekend. I am glad to hear things were better for you on Sunday.

MaryContrary, hi! It is nice to meet you. I took a long break in posting for a while, which must have been when you started. Iím also a grad student, but not to the dissertation stage yet. Iíve just made a switch is advisors, which was needed, but may put me back a semester or two. Good luck! It looks like you are pretty close to your goal, so congratulations.

Naturegirl, good job getting back on track after the low blood sugar episode. Is there anything you can do to prevent that in the future?

Seadwaters, I think weíd all welcome being able to send snow your way about now. This has been a constant winter here. Normally weíre up and down in temperatures a bunch between storms, but not this year. Iíd swap houses with you for the reset of the season if my job would let me!

Shepherdess, good job getting in the yoga in spite of feeling super low on energy. That sounds really admirable from my location on the couch! My husband did get lots of praise for being in the kitchen with me.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:31 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 173/185/ 165

Height: 5'6

Manic Monday - battled the blues and knew the challenge is to not overeat throguh the feelings because then I have two problems instead of one. Subtituted candy for healthy carbs and ate all the day's food by 3:30. Credit for saying "Hunger is not an emergency" and didn't eat the rest of the day. This morning, my weight was slightly down. But I need to be healthy. The "crap" food contributed to bad sleep. So, today, I am OP and determined to exercise to get a good night sleep.
Just addressing today's posts - a little backed up with work.
FFChick: I hear you about fatigue. It undermines moral.
Beverely joy: changing relationship norms "like food requests" require persistence and determination. I hate it when I have to cover the same ground with DH but in the end it is healthy for both of us.
gardenerjoy: I agree with you that some foods I had to attack with the "cold turkey approach."
Mary contrary: Good to hear from you.
Shepardess: I liked what you said about "the obession may fade." This is a great and true promise.
ChefJoona: I go by the extra 300 calorie snack rule on special occasions and force myself to sit down when I eat.
BBE: My limit for events with food is 1 a day - tops. Congrats on facing 4. I am sure the damage was not irreversible.

Last edited by maryann; 01-24-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:07 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

'Lo, Beckmates,

Back from my weekend adventure on roads in "poor winter driving condition". *sigh. Life in Minnesoda. Fairly benign weekend as far as sane eating goes, but operating the remote control doesn't count as aerobic exercise. Didn't even work up a sweat cheering Green Bay on, as they pretty much had it in hand all along.

BillBE, How do you feel about GB v. Pittsburgh? I am *so in the tank for the Packers; it's the next best thing to the Vikings being there. You're on for the Feb-August swap. You picked a good month, and DW will be a great addition to my gardening/harvesting efforts at that time! August is my third favorite month after Sept. (#1) and June (#2). Now, to engineer a swap with Seadwaters for a January/June thing!

Carols2, welcome, and be assured, Beck CBT can help you maintain. I did not find the Beck Diet Solution until after my 80# wt. loss, but it has been the best aid I could hope for in maintaining. My fellow Beckmates can attest to my hand-wringing and consternation about my wt. fluctuations; I am currently on the uppermost and extremely uncomfortable high end, but my Beck coaches and Beck's 100% fail proof program keep me off the ledge.

Onebyone, what amazing news! From cottage to mansion! It sounds wonderful; I *love spiral staircases! Not sure how to get beds upstairs, but a minor detail! Can't wait to hear how it works.

Best to all.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:15 AM   #294  

S/C/G: 218/210/183

Height: 6'0"

Doggone it, I'm tired of being sick! I felt great and packed my pe clothes this morning but by noon my face was hot & tender and I felt like dirt. So no exercise and right after class, home to the sofa for a long nap. I was OP until I left the building at 3:45; on the way home I had another low blood sugar drop and a McD's mini-binge. But no other food the rest of the night.
I do know how to deal with the blood sugar issues, but I got out of the habit of hauling snacks, and paying attention since I hadn't had problems lately. I think I'm eating weird because of the infection, or maybe the medication is messing with my metabolism; gotta get that figured out, along with the relapse and keeping my food OP and everything else! Arghhhh!
Old 01-25-2011, 12:43 AM   #295  
Carol

Hello Coaches,

It is so wonderful to receive so many responses from all of you. I feel that if I can manage to be an active member of this group of Beckies and read my "Beck Workbook", I certainly can be successful with maintaining my weight.

BillBlueEyes - You mentioned "Small Steps". I think my biggest problem is trying to take lots of "Big Steps" and trying to make all the necessary changes at one time. I do live in Arizona but my bike is a stationary. Normally, I go to the gym about 4 or 5 days a week. I do cardio on an eliptical type machine, which simulates running more than skiing. I also try to lift weights about twice a week. I have to hold off from the more vigourous exercise until my shoulder gets a little bit better. A found out about Judith Beck from doing some research on her father, Aaron Beck. I was doing research on Cognitive Therapy on the internet and I came across a Web Site about the Beck Diet. I knew that the 3fatchicks site had sections dedicated to different types of weight loss plans, so I looked under Diet Central and I found "Beck Diet Solution". Wow, you loss lots of weight. How long have you kept the weight off. Congratulations.

Seadwaters - Thank you! I am going to work so hard at checking in. I think knowing I have to check in daily will encourage me stick to my eating goals. I will hate to check in and tell everyone I ate a huge chunk of red velvet cake and ice cream or any of those other foods that I may start obsessing over.
I find it so amazing your from Sydney. Isn't that were Opera took her UltimateFans? After watching her show, I so want to visit Sydney, Australia.

Nature Girl - I think I will follow your lead as far as the personals go. I feel that I have to do personals right of the back. I should at least get used to posting first and ease into the personals slowely. I always try to do to much to fast, and end up giving up. I must remember, Baby Steps. Nature Girl, what is OP? Good job getting back on track.

CeeJay - Congratulations for getting back on plan, and thank you for welcoming me. Yes, a little at a time.

Lexxiss - Thank you. My goal is to read a little of my book every morning as I drink my coffee. Today, I reviewed chapter two. I have to work on a maintenance plan and schedule. I have to make myself complete a food journal. For me, that will take a lot of discipline.

FutureFitChick - Thanks a Bunch. I am sure you will do well. We will make it through this journey together.

I look forward to working with each of you through this life long journey. I hope that I can be an insperation to someone, as you all have already inspired me.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:35 AM   #296  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Tuesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - A bitter cold day. Eating was on-plan, CREDIT moi. But, still coddling my back, once I got home I didn't want to go out again, so no gym or walk, Ouch.

But I did finish the Thomas Pynchon novel, V., that I got for Christmas. Even though it's supposedly an easier read than The Screaming, I found myself often bewildered. There are a zillion characters - each walk on has a full name, pedigree, and detailed persona - each specifically weird. Takes place in multiple cities, and jumping decades challenging to track. Powerful writing, though, and somewhat resolved in the final chapter, oddly called "Epilogue" although it was the conclusion. Exercise for the day was shivering and flipping pages.

maryblu - You remind me that a TV powered by a generator driven the treadmill is such a good idea. [I'm a bit neutral on the Super Bowl this year, since I like both teams; hoping to work up a bias so I'll be vested while snarfing my on-plan guacamole.]

FutureFitChick - Yay for overcoming "a bit random." Naps are good for adults.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Shovel forth. We've had two and the third is coming Wednesday.

Shepherdess - Yay for rearranging your eating plan rather than throwing in the towel. Just like you'd do with any other issue in life that needed adjustment. That's so encouraging to me.

Beverlyjoy - Dark chocolate M&M's are deadly; I can't be near them.

Nature Girl - Sending supportive thoughts for staying the course in the face of infection. "Arghhhh!" indeed.

MaryContrary - Kudos for acceptance per, "the Universe has spoken." Reminds me that I need to revisit Zorba the Greek to get that awful scene that he accepts, then walks away and continues life.

maryann - Kudos for fighting back with "Hunger is not an emergency."

ChefJoona - I really like that Beck's encouragement that social situations can be owned, not avoided. My take is that your thought is the key, "I at least felt in control of the decisions."

Carol (carols2) - I think it's neat that you have the head start that you already believe in the power of Cognitive Therapy. Ouch for having to wait for your shoulder to heal.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 1
How the Program Works

A previous study by the same Swedish researchers of 105 men and women determined that study participants in a Cognitive Therapy group lost an average of 18 pounds over 10 weeks and continued to lose weight after their counseling session ended, losing an average of 22 pounds in 18 months. Participants who were not in the Cognitive Therapy group gained an average of 5 pounds during the same time period.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D, The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), pgs 17-18.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 01-25-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:58 AM   #297  

S/C/G: 186/165/150

Height: 5 9

Had an on-plan day yesterday! That included a breakfast out at a diner too! I ordered eggs benedict with spinach and tomato, but asked the waiter to hold the hollandaise. I hardly missed it and felt good after. I resisted the fried potato side as well.

Today is going to be difficult with a day of homemade treats at a work team retreat. I am bringing on-plan food to share and have a plan for enjoying a few other things.

I found that I didn't feel the need for an after dinner snack last night (which is unusual- usually that's when my day unravels). I have been working to replace such cravings with a nice cup of tea. I am curious if it is because I had a hearty breakfast, and like you Shepherdess I need to work on getting more calories earlier and eating lighter in the evening?
Old 01-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #298  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Coaches/Buddies, hi virtual friends. Feeling pretty good this morning other than some nausea, so Iím pretty excited. My husband and my dog appear to have nausea as well, so I'm not sure if that is just a coincidence or we are passing something around. Iíve got todayís food all planned and packed, so that will keep me on track today.

Todayís Essentials:
Weigh-in: no change
Read Advantage Cards two times: yes
Read Response Cards at least two times: yes
Ate slowly, sitting down, noticing every bite: read during breakfast
Gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful eating behaviors: yes
Did spontaneous exercise: not yet
Did planned exercise: none planned
Wrote out food plan for tomorrow: not yet
Tracked todayís food: yes
Left food on my plate: no
Ate only to normal fullness: yes
Identified and responded to a self-deluding thought: yes

BillBlueEyes, glad you finished your book. Does stretching help your back at all?

BlueDaisy,

Carols2, glad you are excited about the forum. How are you liking the Beck workbook so far?

ChefJoona, great job on your breakfast order modification. Sounds delightful.

GardenerJoy,

Maryann, Iím so excited you were able to stop when youíd finished the dayís food. That is great. I am really excited for today to be 100% OP for you.

Maryblu, congrats to your Cheeseheads. Hopefully youíll get more exercise in today.

Naturegirl, I hope you feel better soon. That sounds pretty terrible what you are going through.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #299  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Beckies - Yesterday was a healthful day - I am very grateful. I needed to have this good day after a few unhealthy times Saturday night and Sunday night. Credits for: plan/measure/log food, lots of water, exercise (strengthening, stretches, recumbent bike, elastic bands, upper body weights), eating seated mostly (I tasted while cooking), and low sodium. It was kind of a typical day ‘back’ into healthy eating. I don’t do all the Beck tasks. I seem take a day to ease back into the routine.

Futurefitchick - sorry to hear of the nausea. I hope your fatigue is going away.Good job planning. (I am 2 pounds over my ticker weight at this time - left from holiday gain. I couldn’t bring myself to up it 13 pounds I can’t wait until I get to 204 and can make my next goal 199. Thanks SO much for cheering me on.)

Chefjoona - major credit for ordering the eggs benedict without the sauce! Excellent planning ahead for the meeting at work.

Billbe - so sorry to hear your back is still an ouch. Use you best judgement on how much and when to start doing your exercising again. Credit for OP day - while not feeling so good.

Carols2 - credit for finding a way to get in some exercise without aggravating your sore shoulder. So glad you checked in!

nature girl - so sorry to hear you are still sick - ugh. Good realization that it’s time to again keep something in your purse for fluctuations for your blood sugar. Feel better soon.

Maryblu - I wish the remote control was aerobic exercise was too! I am so ready for winter to be over also. Carry on.

Maryann - credit for restructuring your food after a little extra. Good that you had the realization that healthy food will help with sleep as opposed to when you eat ‘crap’.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-25-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #300  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

Stuck to my plan yesterday. Itís always easier to do when the eating plan is a good one! The wind was down to bearable yesterday and I got out for a run. It felt great to get outdoors and it was such a nice sunny day! Outdoor exercise in winter is such a gift.

MaryContrary, sorry about all the waiting with disappointing results, but itís great that posting here is part of your dissertation process! Great job maintaining throughout all of that. Add me to the list of people still working on their weaknesses. Looks like a great list of goals for the day.

Gardenerjoy, thanks for the Nia tip. I found that we do have a class in town (pretty progressive for Casper!), but I know what you mean about the inner cynic. Itís great that planning your tasks for the day leads to a good eating day. It must have something to do with organization.

Beverlyjoy, ouch for the unhelpful chocolate brought into your home. I understand that itís frustrating to not be able to have the temptation in the house, but it will make your life so much easier, so itís worth it. Great job moving on and following it with an OPday!

FutureFitChick, sorry about the continued fatigue, but great job taking care of yourself. Ouch for all the nausea in the house. Hope everyone is feeling better soon! Itís great that a random eating day worked out, but kudos for planning to avoid another random day.

Maryann, sorry that youíre dealing with the blues, but great job remembering that food wonít fix it. Itís great that youíve realized the benefits to avoiding junk. It always helps with the motivation.

Maryblu, glad you made it safely through poor winter driving conditions and were able to enjoy your weekend adventure. LOL about the remote not counting as exercise. Hope you get some dancing in before too long.

Nature girl, ouch for continuing to be sick and that getting in the way of your exercise. Great job taking care of yourself. Great job recognizing the solution for those drops in blood sugar. Itís so much better when you have the answer before they hit.

Carols2, yay for the positive attitude! It really is all in the Beck book and you will be successful if you stick with it. And weíll be cheering for you. Where in Arizona do you live? I did my masters at ASU, but have to admit that I couldnít stand the heat.

BillBE, ouch for a bitter cold day where you were still coddling your back, but kudos for doing what was best for your recovery. I noticed that you werenít eating through any of the discomfort, so that sounds like a major victory!

ChefJoona, yay for a healthy hearty breakfast and you may be onto something that eating more earlier in the day helps to stop late night snacking. Great job making a plan for a day faced with treats.
Closed Thread