Just getting started

• I just wanted to jump in and say Hello. I Have recently started with my Beck book (the pink one) and have taken pause at day 9. I have been reading some days together with others and need to catch up on a few things. (and take it all in.) I struggle some with the diet coach part, and wonder if being accountable here will be enough. I worry some because shaving time off my internet use is one of my goals in scheduling.

I am 34years old, a wife and mother of 3 boys 16,13,and 6. I am entering my second year of a full time nursing program and have struggled with weight all of my life. Having a small break from school this summer I have had the chance to stop and breath and once again re evaluate some things. I want to take back some control of my life and put more time into myself. so here I am. Of course I have been down and back along this road many times and am hoping this time to find the direction I need to continue moving forward.

I may pop in over at your monthly thread, but for today it seemed a little daunting. I thought an introduction was in order. ;-)

I am eating on plan, I am taking credit where credit is due, I am slowing down to experiencing my food at new levels, and I am planning ahead.

Today's chore a serious grocery shopping expedition!
  • Welcome, newbebop
    I do hope you will join us on the monthly thread. We are each other's coaches/buddies, and it seems to work well for most of us. I like having coaches who are working the Beck methodology themselves; it seems a better option to me than cajoling a friend into being your sounding board.....just mho, of course. I am prejudiced because I love my fellow Beckies.

Don't think for a moment that joining us on the monthly thread means you have to do personals all the time..or completely some of the time, for that matter. I personally can't commit to that, and do as some of us do, just "cherry pick" and respond to the posts that move you.

Great job so far, btw. You certainly have your hands full, though I am envious you have 3 boys to play with. Great joy.
  • Hello newbebop and

Thanks for introducing yourself!

Quote: I struggle some with the diet coach part, and wonder if being accountable here will be enough. I worry some because shaving time off my internet use is one of my goals in scheduling.
    I have alot going on, too, and I am very conscious of my scheduling. I look at the time I spend at 3FC as personal "ME" time. It really helps me to get here every single day.

Quote: I want to take back some control of my life and put more time into myself. so here I am. Of course I have been down and back along this road many times and am hoping this time to find the direction I need to continue moving forward.
    You are not alone...many of us have been down this road before.

Quote: I may pop in over at your monthly thread, but for today it seemed a little daunting.
    I made the decision to post on the monthly thread because putting my thoughts down in writing really helps. Sometimes I can post personals, other times not at all. What is important is my getting here.

Quote: I am eating on plan, I am taking credit where credit is due, I am slowing down to experiencing my food at new levels, and I am planning ahead.
    You have quite a list of credits already. Thanks for sharing them with us.