Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 12:05 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 331 HW 299 June 2010/288/180?

Height: 5'4"

Credit: Did a dinner plan for 2 weeks last night with the family....problem is they kept adding heavy carb, cheese, etc meals. But we have a good plan for now after I edited alot.

BUT then I told DH and DD that they needed to plan thier lunches and breakfasts in order to stay in their caloric limits, and DH acted like I was talking about an alien......UHHH excuse me, who said 'diet' was only for the month of July????

Quite discusted with the lack of support! So I shut down instead of pushing it for the night...got up this morning and left the house with no conversation (my typical morning---just as I like it) But we will see how the rest of the weekend goes.

Making sushi this weekend for the first time, Saturday we will have california rolls, summer rolls and Pho soup. We started making summer rolls this weekend, with the rice paper sheets, fresh basil and mint, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, and grilled shrimp. They are fun to make, we set up our tv trays in the living room, and make an assembly line out of it while watching old favorite movies.... And Pho is fantastic! we cant make it as good as the restaurants, but we have the broth, noodles, onion, bean sprouts, fresh basil and mint, and then seared tuna, or Tofu cubes. Yum.....so entertainment and food are put together, not a good thing always, but this is a whole lot healthier than BBQ or something else we could do!~
Old 07-30-2010, 01:26 PM   #377  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Tgif

Happy Friday everyone!

It's been a killer work week, but we got it done. Yesterday was 1/2 on plan and 1/2 off, but I feel I made good compromise choices. I'm still not quite at 1-derland, but I'm so close I can see it winking at me.

I'm also not "on a plan" today. I had my usual breakfast, packed my usual snacks and feel I can choose a reasonable lunch. Dinner will be tacos, so I should be able to monitor that situation. I do, however, feel like I'm cheating because I don't have a "plan."

Hoping to get out and get some blueberries this weekend. I hear they are huge and plentiful. I've also been meaning to get out kayaking. Sounds like Saturday will be a good day weather-wise for al sorts of activities.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Credits
  • Mostly on meal plan
  • Weighed myself : no change
  • 2 walks yesterday
  • Worked late and chose a protein shake for dinner instead
  • Had a long walk this morning and if the weather holds, I have another planned for this evening.
  • Did a few arm curls - still no tivo, so no Body Electric

I'll try to catch up this weekend.

See ya!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 140/134.5/120

Height: 5'5"

Amen for TGIF!! I'm one of the famous "underemployed" and not even in my field of work- so I really look forward to going home. We had freinds over last night for a poker night - so no workout for me. CREDIT MOI for sticking exactly to my eating plan and weighing the pulled pork bbq we made into a 5 oz portion-then foregoing the fries to have it on a baked potato! I'm not sure what I'm doing tonight for dinner, but DH (aka my Coach) will help me pull it together. I only had 4 1/2 hours of sleep last night (baby woke up twice) which made me sick to my stomach this morning. On the bright side, it helped me figure out why I've been so irritable with hubby. The effects of sleep deprivation are amazingly similar to how I act when I'm angry with him. I will set a much earlier bedtime during the week to counteract the baby's waking and see if that changes my attitude any.

Mikkijoe
: You Rock! Thanks for doing the math on that! I have no idea what you said (I was an English major in college), but I DID understand "Cutting to 1800 cals gives you exactly a 3500 calorie deficit for the week....or a pound lost." I could give you a hug for that!

CeeJay and silverbirch: I totally understand where you're coming from. We have a saying here in Ga..."dying of a thousand duck bites!" I try to remember something I heard the Dalai Lama say many years ago at a lecture I attended..."Let go of your anger at your neighbor - it does no good and it will make your hair fall out and you'll go bald- like me...instead, let him be angry and lose his hair!" Then...that famous Dalai Lama laugh (ala Yoda).

BillBlueEyes: I'm so PROUD of you for foregoing the Ben & Jerry's! I know just how hard that is! BTW, you WILL get there with the weights. At my leanest (I was 27 at the time), I was deadlifting 145lbs - very noticable for a little girl to be doing that weight. It took me a year to get up there, but get there I did! So will you!

synger: Butter in tea? Sounds gross...but then again, I like my tea the British way- with a spot of milk. Also, I totally get the whole blood sugar thing. If I don't eat something every four hours, I get a panic attack because of my blood sugar. I haven't figured out how to work that in to my diet, but since I'm calorie counting, I just figure I'll put it in there as a snack.

new2me2: Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Have you tried a neti pot for the stuffy head, warm onion juice in your ear for the earache, and flat coca cola for your tummy? Those are old remedies that always seem to work for me.

Mikkijoe: I'm a complete foodie and love the idea of an assembly line for sushi while watching old movies! Your menu reminds me of a recipe I saw on Hungry Girl's website. She has an idea for asian tacos. Basically, baking won ton wrappers in the shape of tacos and filling it with shredded chicken, sesame dressing, and bagged shredded cole slaw.

Take care everyone!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #379  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post

silverbirch - I've noticed that when I look for a reason for overeating, I often find that minor resentments are a trigger for me. Not giant honking resentments that I can wrestle with, but the little ones so small that it'd be petty to acknowledge them.
Exactly so. One of the ridiculous ones yesterday circled around ironing my *own* clothes.

It's usually when there is a wall of things to be done for my own or the community good and no time to take time to enjoy any of them. They just keep coming. It's certainly not a case for delegation as we are all doing above and beyond here, in our own ways.

Well, Ceejay, how was your day? I hardly stopped and didn't have time for two important activities which punctuate my routine. One of which was my 35 mins of yoga and stretching. But a full two days of work beckons which I'll enjoy: exercise, routine, packed food and peace and quiet.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:38 PM   #380  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Thumbs up Saturday and remotivating

Hi Coaches
Well I'm back in touch - I had a few days of no real planning so it is hard to say there was off plan eating. But there was eating that would not have been on any sensible plan. I started to plan again yesterday

My doggie house guest Bonnie has settled in which makes it easier - she still requires a good deal more attention than my brutes. They are somewhat jealous of the intruder who is getting lots of attention and are acting out in their own way. All this on top of just going back to work and dealing with 2.5 hours a day travel - I am a little tired. And of course I am not managing to fit in exercise. I managed it the week before Bonnie came but have been concerned to get home to her. Whine whine whine - and of course eating helps none of this but without time and a real plan that is what happens. I don't do rushed and tired very well

My hand and ankle weights turned up and I picked them up yesterday. At least now I can get in some exercise at home if it is too hard to go to the gym or pool. Good thing I had all that money in kitty - they were my gift to myself for progress

This weekend is preparation for teaching next week and planning food for next week! At least on one of the campuses I will teach there is a better and healthier range of food and salads and I can plan to eat at the cafeteria and not have to pack and carry food - difficult when you are a nomad between campuses

AmberPr - Ouch for a killer work week - I don't do half on and half off plan well - it all ends up off plan. Blueberries sound good

BeverlyJoy - I am glad you are having some better on-plan days. Glad you have got a new date for your surgery to work towards and give your skin a chance to clear up. Hope your days away and with your grandson are the tonic you need

BillBlueEyes - Yay for your positive attitude to gym. "It's not on my plan" as a reason not to eat something on sale, free, delicious, or even low calorie. What an idea. I do keep forgetting that. Bonnie reports that her needs are sufficiently met and she thanks you

CeeJay - Yep - pretty much the same week I had ! But I am going to get back on track - hopefully

Donna (new2me2) - Sorry to hear you are sick - good idea to rest and get over it. Hope you got some quality time with plans and Beck reading

Gardenerjoy - Your exercise minutes look pretty close to on target. Hope the family business planning goes smoothly

Houston2Command - Great job getting back on plan and into exercise. Credit for the hard job of changing eating habits and incorporating new things.

Mikkijoe - Planning food for a family sounds complicated - I can barely do it for myself alone so you are holding up well. Your Asian inspired weekend meals sound fantastic and healthy

MorganleFay - Ouch for the sleep deprivation - not a good effect on mood or eating behaviour. You did really well at the poker night. Amazing restraint. I like the translation of resentment into "dying of a thousand duck bites". I always struggle to remember that resentment only hurts me (and makes my hair fall out LOL). Love Maryblu's quote on bitterness

Synger - Well done with the Tibetan tea - an acquired taste apparently.

Credits -
- I motivated myself by reading A&R cards - Yes once - $1
- Consciously gave credit for positive eating / exercise
behaviours - yes
- Limit junk food to once per day - No - $0
- Made food plan - Yes (last night) - $1
- Logged food soon after eating - YES - $1
- Food on-plan - No - biscuits
- Posted to the list - Here I am
- Ate seated every time - Yes - $1
- Ate mindfully and slowly - Yes
- Put down fork occasionally - Yes
- Weighed myself - Yes - 213.6 - $1
- Drank water - Yes
- Exercise - No - $0

TALLY (only red ones earn money!) - DAY = $5; Week = $

Working on -
Getting back on track and incorporating exercise somehow

Have a good day Beckies
-----
Cheryl

Last edited by GosfordGirl; 07-30-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:59 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

I am struggling. I hate posting these kind of posts. I feel like I am whining and being absolutely no help to anyone here.

I get on track, I fall off. I eat sanely for a day or two and then eat ridiculously. I am trying to find the reasons, but then I ask myself--are the reasons just excuses?

Seems to me I was doing pretty well until the new job in May. I am finding it hard to stay on track when I am not home, not sleeping enough, not planning enough and working too many hours. I feel like August is already going to be impossible. I feel defeated. I will be in hotels most of the first 3 weeks of August, work hours are going to be insane and the pressure is crazy. My old reliable stress-reliever is food. I am doing well keeping a positive attitude, making much needed but very difficult changes in the organization, and accomplishing alot but the cost is my routine and all the things that were positive for my health.

I have 3 weeks holidays near the end of August which is good and we are going camping and on a bit of a road trip but it is really hard to eat sanely under these circumstances too.

I have been posting my weight on the first of each month up in the 100 pound club. I don't want to do it on August 1. Once again a month is gone and I am up not down or even the same.

Thank you for listening to this. I am trying to figure this out like we all are I guess.

Just reread this- sounds like I need to get my priorities straight.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:07 AM   #382  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Saturday - toward the end of July

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Didn't take FREE samples - again; CREDIT moi. Once again, I planned in advance to ignore the FREE samples, then found it rather easy to do so. Kinda forces me to admit that when I succumb to them, I've probably not made a clear choice in advance. I'm encouraged that I might be able to make progress here. It all works just like Beck's book says, but I gotta do it.

maryblu - Yay for a new bypass pruner - presumably sharp and well aligned. One of life's great joys is making the decision to buy the ones that cost more than $2.99 in the bargain bin - say, a lot more, LOL. Love the bitterness quote and love thinking of it applied to overeating. Have a nice Girl's Week on the island.

CeeJay - Ouch for the struggling along with Kudos for coming here to report it - it's possible to work responses once you name the thing. Congrats for living in a place that has an August big enough for 3 weeks of work followed by 3 weeks of holiday, LOL.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Ouch for getting too busy for exercise (from one who didn't mention exercise in his report in today, LOL). With Kudos for having built up a reserve in the early part of July so that you can still make your goal without a herculean effort.

Cheryl (Seadwaters) - Yep, count me as a member of the club, "I don't do rushed and tired very well." Good luck planning your week with all that travel. Sending hugs to Bonnie - I'm growing increasing sympathetic to the aging.

silverbirch - Thanks for the reinforcement about small resentments. Have you any clues about how to spot them coming? Or to stop them during the wallowing-about period?

Donna (new2me2) - Ouch for still feeling the results of whatever it is - glad that the ear pain is gone. Kudos for an hour of exercise when you don't feel like it. (You can edit your typo, "fat is denser" using the [edit] button under your post so that it doesn't spin in cyber-space for all eternity, LOL.)

Houston2Command - Congrats for having a two year old daughter who likes healthy food - what a gift! And Kudos for "maybe i'm growing up" - it's contagious, maybe you caught it from her, LOL.

Amber (AmberPr) - Yep, Minnesota blueberries should be superb this weekend. Have a nice kayaking day.

Mikkijoe - That's the world's best idea to make an assembly line out of making sushi. Yep, you've figured out a way to make food as entertainment work - you need to patent that.

synger - Yay for simulating Tibetan butter tea. Double Yay for allowing me to mention that a year ago I had some . . . in T i b e t. Kudos for confronting your "afraid to be hungry" stuff. It's a challenge to sort out the real blood sugar stuff from the emotional fear - but clearly worth the effort.

MorganleFay - Continued Yay for the miracle of baby's growing muscles and brain cells. Continued Ouch for them doing so by nursing during the night. Congrats (belated) on "deadlifting 145lbs" - I bet that was a sight!

Readers -
Quote:
day 33
Eliminate Emotional Eating

Apply Mindset Techniques
Apply the same kind of thinking techniques you previously learned to combat emotional eating:

. . .
Imagine the aftermath of giving in. Visualize eating. How long does the pleasure of eating really last? Now, imagine the rest of the picture. Remind yourself of how many times in your life (dozens? hundreds? more?) you promised yourself you weren't going to stray from a diet. See yourself getting more and more heavy-hearted, discouraged, disappointed in yourself. See how bad you feel that you gave in. Pause for a moment. Now that you've seen the whole picture, which seems better: eating or not eating?
. . .

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 228-229.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:05 AM   #383  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning!

Woke up to blue skyies and sunshine after the rain last night. Looks like my little patches of raspberries are ready to be picked again. Already went on my morning walk and am now contemplating the weekend. What to do? I know there are a couple of rummage sales this morning- I could use some junk (cheap fix for shopping). I also have a house to clean and I still want to get out for at least an hour in the kayak. I think I have time for all of the above…I just need to do it!

My biggest problem in life is making plans. I'm a "fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants" kinda gal. The last few years I've been slowly experiencing the joys of planning - I think it is a huge learning curve for some of us to do this. I have a girlfriend that plans everything. She lives by a budget, her home is immaculate, her garden is beautiful-- I get very jealous of her ability to reason things out ahead of time. For her it is a way of life, for me it's a discovery.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Credits

My day just started, however, I've already:
  • Weighed myself: 199.4 - That's Onederland and I'm gonna claim it!
  • Gone for a walk
  • Eaten my usual on plan breakfast
  • Checked in with all of you
  • Began to plan my day
  • Checked in with all of you dear friends
-------------------------------------

Synger: Way to get back on track! Major credit! I like the weekly calorie range. I think there are days when I'm hungrier too. I've been trying to incorporate "approved" meals and snacks for those times when I'm extra hungry or am eating with out a plan. Some days are just too crazy for me to take the time to create a new plan. I think you are doing very well btw- just sticking with it and being mindful of what your doing to grounds for some major credit.

New2me2: Hope you are feeling better!

Mikkijoe: You are only in control of you. Don't let yourself get side tracked by what the rest of the family does or doesn't do. You can be a good role model, but you can't force them and you'll drive yourself crazy trying. Focus on yourself-- think of the airbag. I have learned that you must save yourself first, before you can help anyone else-- plus, they are fully capable of putting on their own darn airbag!

Houston: Yeah for the loss! You can do this! What I read is that you can develop 3 pounds of muscle in 12 weeks - not sure where I got that number from… Also, you are teaching your daughter some really good stuff! Healthy eating habits are a life long gift. I've got to try the lemon juice thing…..

Morgan: Good luck with the modified diet. I'm glad you have your hubby to help you through this! I remember those sleepless nights….

Silverbirch: Don't you just love a good resentment? It's all I can do not to bite someone's head off -- but that's been known to happen too!

CeeJay: Hope your weekend is going good. You can do this, just give yourself some time. When my diet gets dull or I need some fresh inspiration, I pick up a new diet book, or try something new-- I love to listen to books on my ipod when I'm walking-- I only allow myself to listen to them then. The juicy ones keep me walking extra long! Sometimes it's thinking outside the box - no sugar until after 4 p.m., a new breakfast and a planned snack. One change at a time instead of "everything."

BillBE: You give me hope that I too will learn to easily make food choices in face of free treats!

MaryBlu: Yep "Write it all down" - the bain of my existence, but it really works the best.

SeadWaters: Credit for getting back on track! I'm curious to here how the weights work for you. I'm been doing some arm curls now and then.

Alma and Beverylyjoy: Hope your weekend is going good!

Gardenerjoy: Our area has lots of free business resources mostly from the university. I've had a few advisors from marketing to finance to help me get through some of these challenges, they may be able to help point you in the direction of someone who could answer questions or even help you avoid pitfalls. Our tax guy is really helpful that way too. Remember to use your resources!

See ya!

Last edited by AmberPr; 07-31-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:15 PM   #384  
Green Tomatoes

I met my exercise goal for July with a day to spare! I've been rewarding myself for meeting my monthly exercise goals with a new Wii game or exercise DVD, but I'm a little overwhelmed by what I've got at the moment, so I think I'm going to buy a new pair of workout pants, since I'm mostly working out in some of the old pants that I haven't given away yet (i.e. 2-3 sizes too big).

Plans for the weekend are kind of up in the air since we may need another meeting. I'm just trying to be prepared for anything.

WI: -0.55kg, Exercise: +105 1845/1800 minutes for July, Food: 95%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

AmberPr: Your raspberries sound fabulous. I hope you get to use your kayak this weekend. Glad you've discovered the magic of planning! We are starting to make use of our resources--probably should have done that two months, ago, but at least we're doing it now.

BillBlueEyes: great job with the plan and the follow through of ignoring free samples.

seadwaters and CeeJay: hope you are able to use this weekend to plan ways to keep the healthy lifestyle going along with work.

silverbirch: interesting that, for you, going to work is the path to food sanity!

MorganleFay: good job staying on plan through poker night!

Mikkijoe: your sushi night sounds like fun!

Houston2Command: Good job teaching your daughter that she will one day like the things she doesn't now. I've been telling the nephew that for years. When he was 3, he ate nothing but apple juice and corn dogs for several months. Now, he's 20 and eats every vegetable I fix him.

new2me2: hope your day off was healing.

Greetings, all, and happy weekend!
Old 07-31-2010, 01:06 PM   #385  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Okay... last night was just another confirmation that dieting and drinking do not mix. If I have more than two drinks, I am MUCH more likely to overeat. My "just say no" goes completely out the window. And yet, one drink doesn't give me any effect at all (maybe that'll change as I get down to a regular weight). /sigh

Even so... I stayed below my carb level, even if my calories were way over. So that's a minor credit
Old 07-31-2010, 01:45 PM   #386  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Amberpr on onederland!

I'm back to my Western home. We came home late Thursday night. DD wasn't really enthusiastic about things, reminding us about leading the horse to water....Two days of exhaustion and really "I DONT CARE" off plan eating motivated the decision that it is time to take care of myself.

I'm trying to get back in the swing of things and catch up on the many things that have been left undone here over the past 5 weeks. Eating was OP last night until evening and I just went to bed early.

Today I got up early and walked the pups at the river. Yay! for Rudi making it 2 days in a row! I'm going to go easy on myself here and try to do just two things-eat on my plan and focus on rest. I have had spontaneous exercise-I had some zucchini plants in buckets that weren't doing well so I dug out a new bed and planted them.

Thanks, everyone, for being here!
Old 07-31-2010, 02:56 PM   #387  

S/C/G: 192/192/140

Good morning all! Aw, what a difference a day makes, lol. I feel MUCH better today. Still very tired...this morning was the second day in a row where I woke up at 1:00 a.m. and couldn't really get back to sleep. I at least did doze off a few times last night, but it wasn't a very sound sleep. Still, I feel tons better than yesterday!

And, all that water retention weight went away, so I'm back down to my low again. I'm hoping to break the 147 mark this week.

I did not read the Beck book, but I did pull out a larger journal and have started a better journalling system. I wrote down everything I ate, every supplement I took, how I was feeling, lack of sleep, etc., etc., lol.

I was well within my WW points, so I'm starting the week well, lol. I was able to do another Walk It Out session of 30 minutes, so that made two 30 minute sessions. Today is a rest day because of usual Saturday schedule.

Houston2Command YAY!!! Glad the scale moved for you!!! Great job on your workouts and even the green beans, lol.

Mikkijoe Lol on the alien...yeah, sometimes it's like that isn't it?! OMGosh, your sushi sounds WONDERFUL!!! I LOVE sushi, but rarely eat it out.

AmberPr Credit for the 1/2 ON plan, lol. Cheering for you on 1-derland!! Your weekend sounds relaxing!!! I am a MAJOR planner, but my house is NOT organized or neat and is quite dirty at the moment, lol.

MorganleFay Major credit for the BBQ!!! That's really fantastic!
Hope you can get more sleep tonight! I know firsthand what lack of sleep can do! I have tried a neti pot in the past, but I have fairly small nasal passages and the water actually gets trapped up there, lol. I have not tried onion juice though, lol. I'm not sure I can actually get it IN my ear, lol. Fortunately, the pain is gone.

silverbirch Hoping your day is just how you like it!
Well, Ceejay, how was your day? I hardly stopped and didn't have time for two important activities which punctuate my routine. One of which was my 35 mins of yoga and stretching. But a full two days of work beckons which I'll enjoy: exercise, routine, packed food and peace and quiet.[/QUOTE]

seadwaters(Cheryl) So happy that Bonnie is settled! Glad also that your weights came which will give you an alternative!

CeeJay You are not whining...sometimes, just what happened happens...you read your post back and you got a possible answer. That's what this thread is all about!

gardenerjoy Major credit for not stress eating! YAY on meeting your exercise goal!! As our "leader" Bill once said to me, exercise clothes are an excellent reward! Do you have Just Dance for the Wii? I am not very good at it, but it's fun.

BillBlueEyes "It all works just like Beck's book says, but I gotta do it." ... LOVED this line! Thanks for catching my typo....I read that line 3 times because something didn't look right, lol. I should never try to do anything when I don't feel well, lol.

synger Credit for staying on your carb limit, lol!

Lexxiss Glad you are back!

Last edited by new2me2; 07-31-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:26 AM   #388  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Default Sunday evening - August and the date line

Coaches

After I posted yesterday I did my chores and went to the gym - I had to twist my arm but I did it. I did no exercise today but I am claiming yesterday as a credit! I then went shopping and got organised (hopefully). Today I rang and made an appointment with the trainer for Tuesday to make sure I got there

I have made salad dressing, and soup, and shopped, and made more yoghurt (which the dogs love as well) and prepared classes etc as one does/I should do on the weekend. I sat and thought about what happens to me when I get derailed and it is just too hard to be on track - and it is always the same. Because of time pressure and tiredness I don't plan, I don't make a shopping list, I don't shop, and/or I have nothing appropriate at home or where-ever I am to eat. I guess that might be unavoidable sometimes (my work can be crazy and having no personal slave things get out of control) - but I need to do my best to offset the damage. I have tried this weekend.

Bonnie is happy - she is even trying to play. It is interesting to throw ball for a blind dog.

Ceejay - I feel your frustration - I can so identify with it. Food is an old friend and there is some grief in there for me - but I have set other goals and priorities and there is no room for my usual eating I guess - but it takes so much energy. Hang in there - thank you for talking to us.

BillBE - will there ever come a time you plan for FREE samples? This can be a convenient way to try new things. Or is it a total no go area for you - I am really glad it is so rare here

AmberPr - Yep - planning. The source of all sorts of rational eating habits it seems. I am not such a good planner but have learned it is pretty useful. Home-grown fresh raspberries - manna. Will let you know about the weights. Haven't played with them yet but will. Got the idea from a great little book - Strong Women Stay Young (Miriam Nelson). Young here means functionally not aesthetically. I found it inspirational and at last understood why using the same 1kg weights forever was sort of pointless

Gardenerjoy - New workout pants sound ideal - the perfect reward. I like the way you have readjusted you plan and your goals to match your renewed expectations. A good example for me of priority setting. Hope the day turned out the best

Lexxiss - hope your day went well. I am getting a bit lost in where you are when and why - your life sounds complex

Donna - hope your sleep sorts itself out. Insomnia depletes your resources and I get very fragile and more prone to off plan eating when I am tired so good luck to you

Credits -
- I motivated myself by reading A&R cards - No - $0
- Consciously gave credit for positive eating / exercise
behaviours - yes
- Limit junk food to once per day - Yes - $1
- Made food plan - Yes - $1
- Logged food soon after eating - YES - $1
- Food on-plan - No - biscuits
- Posted to the list - Here I am
- Ate seated every time - No - $0
- Ate mindfully and slowly - Yes
- Put down fork occasionally - Yes
- Weighed myself - Yes - 213.4 - $1
- Drank water - Yes
- Exercise - Yes - $1

TALLY (only red ones earn money!) - DAY = $5; Week = $

Working on -
Planning Planning Planning

Have a good day Beckies
-----
Cheryl

Last edited by GosfordGirl; 08-01-2010 at 05:27 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:21 AM   #389  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Default Discussion continues on the August 2010 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on

Beck Diet For Life/Solution – August 2010 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:
List of Monthly Beck Threads for Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

Closed Thread