Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 05:05 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Default Sunday

Hi Coaches
I have had a catch up day getting ready for work later in the week. I have made lists of everything in the freezer so I don't even have to think about it come dinner time. I have a few go-to meals now for lunches so I am on top of things hopefully. I feel like I have just turned a corner with weight loss and don't want to lose that.

I transferred $289 for my 5 pound loss and my weeks credits into a separate internet account - it felt good

BillBlueEye - I'd have trouble throwing away half a pork chop - that is where the dogs come in handy. They ate some chilli canned tuna because I found it too hot - lol - they didn't mind at all.

BeverlyJoy - Glad you got to talk with the nurse and get some questions answered. Yay for staying true to plan. I have learned to wash my hand and not lick them - felt like a triumph. But find myself licking spoons occasionally. Love the description of "guiding" your DH in his gardening efforts

CeeJay - I am really glad to see you here. Sounds like you had a great day - so just keep moving forward. It has been nice for me over the last few weeks on leave to do personals every day. But that is about to stop because I am back to work next week and I will have trouble managing the workload and the travel and the planning. So I will post everyday and do personals when I can. But I know what you mean about it keeping you away. And it needn't - and I have to remember that too.

Donna (new2me2) - Yay for the opportunity to have a happy dance - will work on that HR monitor

Gardenerjoy - Great exercise as usual. Computer games can be a distraction but you seem to have found a solution

AmbrePr - Seems good to move slowly and get things consolidated as you go. Good list of goals

Nuxmaga - Your list of credits is great - dinner sounds yum oh. It is really sad that you had no warning to leave your job and no anticipatory grief - it wasn't handled very well at all.

Ponee - Glad you found your horse! Sounds fairly high stress. Credit that you have maintained the 5ib loss - hope counting goes well

Shepherdess - Well done at the Italian restaurant - great resistance. The days activities probably used up ample calories for whatever you wanted though, by the sound of it. Good avoidance technique to log on here rather than eat doughnuts

Credits -
- I motivated myself by reading A&R cards - NO
- Consciously gave credit for positive eating / exercise behaviours - yes
- Limit junk food to once per day - Yes (no more corn in the house to spend on snacks) - $1
- Made food plan - Yes - $1
- Logged food soon after eating - yes - $1
- Food on-plan - Yes
- Posted to the list - Here I am
- Ate seated every time - YES - $1

- Ate mindfully and slowly - Yes
- Put down fork occasionally - sometimes
- Weighed myself - Yes - down - 214.8 - $1 Changed Ticker
- Drank water - YES
- Exercise - No

TALLY (only red ones earn money!) - DAY = $5; Week = $5; Grand Total = $250 + $44

Working on -
Food plans for next week

Have a good day Beckies
-----
Cheryl

Last edited by GosfordGirl; 07-11-2010 at 05:09 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:53 AM   #107  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Sunday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Our Cedar Waxwing was perched atop the evergreen during dinner on the patio again last night again. It feels like the neighborhood has a new sentry.

Out for a bike ride with DW after dinner (CREDIT moi); it was seriously cooled down from a rapid two inches of rain. Plants around here needed the water and we all needed the heat dissipated. I spent part of the rain in my basement watching no water coming in because of the hydraulic cement I'd recently worked into the cracks and holes. CREDIT moi again for doing that work and getting to enjoy its success.

Today's the day I increment my ticker by a month - CREDIT moi. Time to think about a reward for reaching five years.

maryblu - Color me jealous; I've never heard a Pileated Woodpecker screech nor a Bald Eagle screech - vocal birds, yours. Kudos for dancing the young girls under the table. Had to google Peruvian Paso - that's a sharp looking horse.

Margaret (Nuxmaga) - Continued Kudos for your continued steps toward finding your new journey. Reading thank you cards is a way of giving yourself credit for your years of contributions at the library.

CeeJay - It's a great time to be climbing back on your horse with the discussions around here about Arabians and Peruvian Pasos - you can think of climbing back on one choice animal. Kudos for your planning, exercising, and reading Response Cards - good start.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Such a neat idea to use short bursts of "Wii Walk It Out" instead of solitaire as a work break. Wonder if that'd fly at the office, LOL.

Shepherdess - What a neat trip with your historical society to view the trails of the great migration west. And neat that you're one of the more spry who can scramble up to the cave with the signatures. Kudos for breaking away from your beloved gnocchi at the Italian restaurant.

Beverlyjoy - Kudos for choosing a DW who accepts being "guided" around - now that's a sign of true love. And Kudos for organizing a 25 minute discussion of your upcoming surgery to get yourself prepared. I like your phrase, "no access zone."

Cheryl (Seadwaters) - Congrats for breaking the 215 barrier and for actually moving your reward money into its own account. Good grief - you might be the only mortal alive with a list of what's in her freezer. Yay for dogs to take care of choice morsels of leftovers; I miss my Aussie.

Donna (new2me2) - LOL at your happy dance in front of your WW team - who just happen to be your co-workers. Yep, preparing only the desired volume of food is the best strategy of them all.

ponee - Amazing story of recovering your horse. So glad for the happy ending. Was your horse a bit thirsty and hungry by that time? Kudos for not eating your way through the emotions that evening. LOL at your sandwich ripening in the heat.

Amber (AmberPr) - Kudos for responding to "a little overwhelmed" by making lemonade out of an unexpected lemon. Good luck with the new direction for your business.

Readers -
Quote:
day 32
Prepare for Travel

Making a Travel Plan

. . .
To figure out what your strategy should be, think about which foods or beverages you'll most want to have while you're away. Will you enjoy sipping mixed drinks at the bar? Indulging in a rich dessert after dinner? Sampling new and unusual foods?

Once you create your strategy, write it down in your diet notebook. Read it every day until you leave (and every day while you're there), so you'll have this strategy firmly in your mind.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 224.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #108  
Green Tomatoes

Happy Sunday! I had an active Saturday -- a walk with a friend, a walk with DH, and I still wanted to build my rainbow in the Wii Walk It Out game, so I did that, too.

WI: -0.15kg (new low), Exercise: +95 795/1800 minutes for July, Food: 95%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

BillBlueEyes: yay for 4 years and 10 months! And for a dry basement!

seadwaters: good job with dinners in the freezer and lunches on automatic!

seadwaters, CeeJay, AmberPR, and others: I love seeing your posts, with or without personals. Part of what makes our little community so vibrant is that variety. Please keep posting whether you have the time and energy for personals or not. Your posts are of value to all of us!

AmberPR: great job on making your list of goals during a time of stress -- and on recognizing the opportunity nestled in with the challenge you are currently facing.

new2me2: yay for the happy dance at the WW scale! Scales can be mystifying.

Beverlyjoy: so glad that you were able to talk to the nurse and get questions answered. I really think that you are getting yourself well prepared for this.

Shepherdess: great job on the Italian restaurant. Alfredo sauce is on my "evil" list. Your historical tour sounds wonderful!

maryblu: love the street dance as exercise -- brings back my youth in a small town!

CeeJay: great to see you back here and with a good plan for moving forward!

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 07-11-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 227/200/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi I would like to rejoin the discussion,I was on here last year and enjoyes Beck Diet Solution alot.I got kind of side tracked,seperation,divorce,moving.I am getting settled now andwould like to restart from day #1 pink book.I have 20 more pounds to lose and not making headway with all this stress but I would like to put it behind me and focus on this for now.I did use Phentermine-medication for some of the weight loss,it is an effective tool but not something to use forever.Beck can last a lifetime,I need a refresher. thanks Wendy
Old 07-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

Jen and I got our long run in this AM. It's great having such an enthusiastic running partner. We're back at my FIL's so DH can watch the world cup final. The doughnuts were still on the counter and after a hard run, they were still looking pretty appealing even a day old. I have to admit taking a good long look, but had my planned granola bar instead. They may be in the other room, but I'm still thinking about them, but am working that resistance muscle.

Wendylan, welcome back! So sorry for everything you have been through in the past year, but great job coming back and giving Beck another go. Your right that Beck can last a lifetime.

Gardenerjoy, yay for an active day. I have no idea what it means to "build a rainbow," but it must be good! Congrats on another new low.

BillBE, I love the new addition to your neighborhood. Glad things cooled off for you. I got pretty whiney when we had a few days that got up to 90 until I heard the E. coast weather reports. I'll join you in missing an Aussie. Apparently today was bring your Aussie to the dog park day. It was a good reminder of what a great dog they are.

Seadwaters, your organizational skills are always amazing. I have never thought of having a list of what is in my freezer, but it is a great idea. Yay for putting all those Beck dollars in their own account.

Ceejay, it's great to see you back here. Great job getting back on that horse (or wagon). It's tough to stay on track when life gets so hectic. You deserve credit for each and every Beck skill you were able to practice while all that was going on. Hope your work load eases soon!

Nuxmaga, LOL at waffle being more dessert than breakfast. Why is is that most breakfast choices are just dessert with a different name? Kudos for getting so many steps. I think your heat would send me to the couch pretty quick. Hugs while you're still working through losing your job, but all those thank you cards are a tribute to what great work you did.

Maryblu, I had to google Peruvian Paso, but they do look like a very cool horse. For the most part, I only have two categories for horses: horses I can ride and horses that will hurt me. There are very few horses in the first category, LOL. I'm always impresses with good riders.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 192/192/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning (for only a few more minutes here), lol. Well the scale had me back down again, so whatever it was has done with me apparently, lol.

I'm still struggling with a plan and trying to work the points system at the same time, but have decided that when in doubt, the plan will be the deciding factor. As long as I'm practicing my Beck principles I don't think I can go wrong.

Today is definitely on plan though, and, surprisingly within my points, lol. I think it might be because I got sidetracked with Walk It Out, lol. I walked and walked around my "island" until I had found everything I wanted, then had so much coinage left I had to open some new routes...um, that happened at the 1 hour mark, so I walk around for another 45 minutes until I had "spent" all my coins. So, credit moi with 1 hour and 45 minutes of not being on the couch!

I haven't been reading my cards again, and will pull them out and put them in a different place so that I see them every day. I've got them stuffed in the Beck book, but since I'm finished with it, I'm not remembering to look at them. I think I'll put them all by my computer...that way I'll see them twice a day at a minimum.

Beverlyjoy I'm so glad you spoke with the nurse! Now you can prepare ahead of time! I froze a lot of meals so that I could just hobble to the freezer, pop something in the microwave and sit down again. My mother came every day for a couple of weeks, then every other day, to help me do things I couldn't, like take out the trash, etc. I bought a bench for the shower and a hand held shower nozzle (can't get that foot wet), and could do that myself, but she wanted me to wait until she came each day just in case I fell, lol. (By-the-way, just say when you are tired of hearing me talk about this, lol--I won't be offended, lol)

seadwaters (Cheryl) You are so correct...a girl DOES like to see progress...and looks like you got some!!!! Congratulations for being below 215! Yay for making that money transfer!!! What a great reward!

Shepherdess You betcha you got a lot of credit at the restaurant!!
Your trek sounds very fun! (The doughnuts will NOT taste as good as resisting them will feel later.) You did great to eat the granola bar instead!

Nuxmaga Great job on all the walking! And, yay for a healthy salad that was yummy!

CeeJay You do whatever you need in order to get back on track! Don't add stress by thinking you have to respond to everything. The important thing is that you recognize where you went wrong and are correcting it! Yay for you!

BillBlueEyes Great work on the basement Mr. Fix-it, lol. You definitely need a really great reward for 5 years...that's an amazing milestone!

gardenerjoy Yay for all that exercise!

wendylan Nice to meet you Wendy! Glad you came back!
Old 07-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Beck folks - coaches - buddies - Yesterday was a great food and Beck day. I am always grateful for that! I stayed with my plan, read the Beck book for a while, did my stretches and strengthening exercises, read all my response cards and made a new one. Many credits. New card says: ‘You strive to have sanity with food. When you find the willingness to go forward - it is a gift to yourself.’

Our cousins are coming over for a cookout tonight. I am always glad when we have friends over here because I can control my food much better.

plan/log/measure yes
count my calories - yes
put fork down between bites - some of the time
slow mindful eating - a lot of the time
really TASTE it - a lot of the time
leave a small bite of food - all the time
enjoy the food - all the time
lots of water - yes
exercise - yes
meditation - I did some deep breathing
no second helpings - all the time
eat seated only - all the itme
give myself credit when I do things right - sometimes

New2me2 - I am glad you are figuring out your food plan/points. Credit for all that exercise!! Good idea to put your response cards near the computer. I pull my beck book out every now and again to read and reread it. I don’t mind at all any suggestions/tips you share about the foot surgery! I have been thinking about preparing some of my veggies ahead (and freezing them)- not sure DH will want to ‘measure’ them when the time comes. LOL

Shepardness - so glad you got your run in!! Major credit for using that resistance muscle with the donut and staying with your planned snack. Well done!
Good job on taking into account your food earlier in the day when at the Italian restaruant!

Wendylan - nice to meet you. I agree - the Beck techniques really ARE things for a life time of living healthfully with food. Sorry to hear of your rough patch for a while. I hope things are postitive now.

Gardener joy - many credits for all that exercise!! Well done. Always wonderful to see those new lows on the scale.

Seadwaters - all your lists and preparations are deserving many credits! What a good idea to put your credit/weightloss money in a separate account. So nice to get to change your ticker!!

Billbe - so nice to hear the waxwing is still about - also - YAY for a dry basement!
Glad you and DW got in a nice bike ride after the rain. I am doing my five year happy dance in your honor (on my good ankle - lol). That is a wonderful achievement to be quite proud of.

Ceejay - so glad to see your post! Isn’t it amazing how the healthy things we have done for a good amount of time - well, they can drain out of our brains in a flash. It has happened to me and many folks. Yes, hop back on your food plan, keep posting, read your response cards and plan - plan - & plan some more.

Nuxmaga - so many good credits - keeping track of food - walking - using those resistance techniques. Well done! I am glad you got a chance to read those lovely letter of thanks and more.

Maryblu - it’s nice to hear about your horses, too. A street dance and a green monster sound like a good combination!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 07-11-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:37 PM   #113  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Arrow Sunday

Friends, I'd like to join you here. My idea is to keep a log on my BlackBerry of happenings during the day and then upload at bedtime. I'll try it out and see how I get on.

A day at work, slogging through a proposal. (I run my own research business.) Food was straightforward - I ate what I packed. No formal exercise and I always miss that.

Plan & log food: Y

Weigh: Y +1.75lbs on last week

Read ARCs: YY

Eat all food sitting down: YYYYYY

Slow, mindful eating: ?

Formal exercise: N

Informal exercise: YY
Parked at end of supermarket car park
Schlepped shopping bags car-house 3 times (the house is some distance from where I park)

Give credit: YYYY
For organising template on BlackBerry
For doing a 'big shop'
For eating wisely
For leg exercises

Post on 3FC or text friend: Y

Wendylan

Shepherdess: to doughnuts. They are probably stale, don't you think?

Ceejay Good to see you. You gave me probably my most powerful response: "When I want to eat standing up, I'm going to find a seat and sit down." Thank you so very much.

Time for me to turn in now. Good night, all.

Last edited by silverbirch; 07-11-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:44 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default Training Day

My dear Beckies, today was a day made for gardening, so I did. 8 hours in the garden is *so NOT WORK!!!! What a difference a day makes. Yesterday was hot and muggy..only ~84 degrees, but enough humidity to seduce me into running the central AC, something I do only about 12-15 days each summer. Drove into the city last night to dance to my favorite, favorite, favorite band and it still was 88 degrees at 9:00 p.m. Woke up this morning with windows wide open and the breeze blowing off the lake. Just looked at the thermometer and it is 68 degrees. Only in Minnesoda, right Amberpm?

Glad you cooled off, BillBE, and as for your basement patch job; it has been tested and held. I am sure you are very pleased, and I now think of you as Boston's Red Green.

If we talk any more about horses, I will have to start a separate thread; those of you who know me know I have only *passions, not *interests...and yes, I know: there is a fine line between passion/obsession. That said, shepherdess, I am not such a great rider...as I always say, better lucky than good. BillBE, your intellectual curiosity knows no bounds. I just have to say, with the Peruvian Paso, the draw is the incredibly smooth gate, plus it is bred for sweet temperament. When I rode one, I was literally flying across the ground, my hair blowing back, and I felt nothing underneath me; it was that smooth. An old horse woman's dream, for sure.

Ceejay, sista, welcome back! Isn't it incredible how when we are straying from Beck we can't bring ourselves to post? I have to say, I am truly, truly impressed with those of us who are struggling but still continue to post and 'fess up. That is the reason Beck makes us get a coach!! It is really hard to keep posting honestly and *not get back into better Beck behavior. Off topic, again, but, sista, you will feel my pain. Everyone knows by now that the Simon and Garfunkel concert tour has been canceled. I have never been so sorry to get a refund; I had great seats!

Here is my Training Day story:

I have been hearing a cry for the last 3 days that sounded alot like a Seagull, but not, and it is too early for Seagulls to be around. Have also noticed a hawk flying above me, but am "hawk illiterate"..when I see one, I am pretty sure it is a hawk, but don't know one from another. Today, I hear the screech, look up, see the "hawk", but then see 2 adults and a smaller one...doing this training thing over the lake....much like the training day I saw 2 summers ago that was an extraordinary event with 2 adult Bald Eagles and a juvenile...so there is all this calling/screeching and some pretty impressive flying...second only to the Bald Eagle thang...and then...DOH!!! The Osprey is called the "Fishing Hawk"; I was seeing the baby being trained..coached..it went on for the better part of the afternoon. Osprey parenting is very cool..both mom and pop are on the nest with the young-uns, and they are there to entertain us humans for ~2 months. I am always sad when the nest is empty around the first of August or so. Great spectacle; glad I was finally smart enough to put it together.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Hello Buddies and Coaches:

I am as grateful as Beverlyjoy. Two entire days on plan.

Seadwaters, new2me2 and gardenerjoy- thank you for the support about the personals.

BillBlueEyes-I am back on the horse, but I think it is more like a pony.

wendylan- welcome to you. I wish you well on your journey.

Shepherdess and silverbirch-thanks for the welcome back.

Beverlyjoy- thanks for the plan, plan and plan some more advice. Exactly what I need to do.

maryblu- sorry about the Simon and Garfunklel show- cancelled here too. I am making up for it with 2 nights with Neil Young- cannot wait.

I am giving myself credit today for:

riding exercise bike 30 mins
walking around looking for blueberries
eating healthy and on plan
planning this week and packing up lunch for tomorrow
reading advantage and response cards

Tomorrow I am back to a daily morning weigh in. Not looking forward to that, but it is only information after all.

I am checking in tomorrow no matter what.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:08 PM   #116  
Practicing Imperfection

Hi All,
I tracked food today, credit. Forgot my pedometer, but dh and I parked and walked a hill to get to the Italian Festival that his coworker invited us to--so at least credit for that, though probably not for the fried dough or the cannoli. . .oh well. It was a truly delectable cannoli, so I do not have regrets about that. Watched the World Cup without continuous snacking since I brought my knitting. Of course one of our friends is a pastry chef and he baked cookies right there at the host's house!

Ceejay--Welcome back! Please keep reading, and checking in when you can. I try to get to personals, but I don't all the time, and I just accept that I will contribute those when I can. I have a similar critical voice--remember that it just wants to replicate itself, that's its only goal. So if it says "beat yourself up for not sticking to your plan" then you will feel even worse, and most likely eat to comfort yourself--which will generate more beating up and on and on, and if your critical voice is like mine, then it will attack you for beating yourself up--"You know that doesn't help. Why do you keep beating yourself up? You are a bad person."
Old 07-12-2010, 04:34 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Default Monday Night

Hi Coaches
Well I made lists and tried to get the most out of my last day on leave. I enjoyed the pool, saw the chiropractor (my back is still a mess) and I tried to organise my office - something I of course should have done ages ago. I am hoping that I will be able to usually work at home on Fridays and then I can do Aqua on Mondays after work and Fridays at lunch time. It should work- but I need the discipline to leave work on time on Mondays. Then I need to think about how to fit in the gym. Once at work I tend to stay there until about 6 or 7 pm which doesn't leave the time after an hours drive home. I need to keep these projects going - I have added aqua to my diary (as Beck suggests) but not sure how to manage the gym. I would like to be home in the evenings occasionally LOL. The hand and ankle weights will help of course (when I get them next week) but it makes me wonder why I have a gym membership. Anyway - I am rambling

This just crashed (several times) - a good thing I copy it from time-to-time! I will need to be brief!

BeverlyJoy - Yay for gratitude - an important place to be. Hope the cookout went well

BillBlueEyes - Yay for another month - your record is really impressive and inspiring. It wouldn't be the same place without you. I think you should think of something BIG for 5 years - amazing. A cedar waxwing looks pretty cute. What sort of an Aussie did you have?

CeeJay - Great list of credits for the day. As you say - the weigh in is just useful information for your interest and benefit

Donna (new2me2) - I so want a WiiFit! You remind me that I need to refocus on my A&R cards

Gardenerjoy - Yay for a new low and Yay for building a rainbow - what is that??

Maryblu - Great training day stories. You live in a truly blessed location by the sound of it

Nuxmaga - Knitting - a great defence against mindless snacking with the world cup

Shepherdess - Hope the resistance muscle worked against stale doughnuts! And it is a nice image to think of you running with Jen

SilverBirch - I like your check-list idea - I might investigate it. Nice to see you back

Wendylan - - Good to see you here and I hope you stay for a while

Credits -
- I motivated myself by reading A&R cards - Yes - $1
- Consciously gave credit for positive eating / exercise behaviours - yes
- Limit junk food to once per day - Yes - $1
- Made food plan - Yes - $1
- Logged food soon after eating - yes - $1
- Food on-plan - Yes
- Posted to the list - Here I am
- Ate seated every time - YES - $1
- Ate mindfully and slowly - Wasn't thinking about it!
- Put down fork occasionally - sometimes
- Weighed myself - Yes - up - 215.6 - $1
- Drank water - YES - not enough
- Exercise - Yes - $1

TALLY (only red ones earn money!) - DAY = $7; Week = $12; Grand Total = $250 + $51

Working on -
Working

Have a good day Beckies
-----
Cheryl

Last edited by GosfordGirl; 07-12-2010 at 04:40 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:35 AM   #118  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Monday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Took a bike ride (CREDIT moi) and kept thinking of all the reasons that I needed to go to Trader Joe's. The only real reason was for a FREE sample of something delectable. So I didn't go there. Double CREDIT moi. Instead I chose a path where I could stop periodically and catch the status of world soccer on large TVs.

Food is on-plan with many, many cucumbers. Our vines yield all at once, so DW went looking for new recipes for cucumber salads; dinner included cucumbers with non-fat yogurt, cumin, and a touch of cayenne. So good. Then DW reached over and picked a few mint leaves to break up over it. Amazingly good. Mint isn't an intuitive herb for me - I think of it as just right for iced tea. Gotta rethink mint in my life now. Our new Cedar Waxwing continued on sentry duty.

maryblu - I love watching Osprey - they're on a comeback on the East Coast due to platforms being installed along the coast. They are so elegant diving for fish. But I am jealous - I've never seen the parents training their young to fish. If I can't get that chunk of land I'm eying in Wyoming, maybe I'll have to consider Minnesota. Do you guys accept newcomers?

Wendy (wendylan) - Ouch for a really rough year. Kudos for rising out of that to get back on track. Neat insight that "Beck can last a lifetime."

Margaret (Nuxmaga) - Ouch for fried dough - that stuff lures me and I can smell it from a mile away. Neat idea to knit yourself through the World Cup.

CeeJay - Kudos for two days on plan as well as Kudos for "walking around looking for blueberries" which sound fun.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Yay for topping off two walks with your Wii Walk It Out game. That's really neat. Reminds me of the way I used to eat, LOL.

Shepherdess - Yay for a good long run as you train for your marathon (half-marathon?). Kudos for being clear that those donuts are not for you - probably made with pig lard, LOL.

Beverlyjoy - I particularly like the part of your new card, "...it is a gift to yourself." Thanks for the one legged happy dance, LOL.

Cheryl (Seadwaters) - Congrats for completing your first day back at work - looks like you have a solid plan in place. Out Aussie was a tri-color; I had my heart set on a Blue Merle, but this little guy chose us at the breeder's and we took her home in only one visit.

silverbirch - Yay for BlackBerry Beck. And Yay for the exercise of slogging through proposals and schlepping home the groceries. Seems to me the ultimate in planning, "I ate what I packed."

Donna (new2me2) - I'm inspired by your perspective, "As long as I'm practicing my Beck principles I don't think I can go wrong." Yay for getting involved with virtual coins to get in an hour and 45 minutes of Wii.

Readers -
Quote:
day 32
Prepare for Travel

How Not to Gain Too Much

Try to think of specific situations that might arise while you're away that will test your resolve. Then figure out what you'll do about them. Consult your diet coach, if you like.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 224.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 07-13-2010 at 04:45 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:37 AM   #119  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello Beck friends

I continue to be very mindful of my attitude and relationship with eating. I engaged in unplanned eating last night after a rough evening and acknowledged the associated emotions and moved on. I've planned out my day and will avoid stepping off my plan in order to seek comfort. Checking in always helps.

Thanks for being here everyone!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #120  

Height: 5'7"

Back from vacation. Glad I went. Glad I'm back. Ate a healthy breakfast, and have a good lunch packed.

Will check in properly tomorrow.

Anne
Closed Thread