Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 05:17 AM   #46  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Saturday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Last night I did the Mexican restaurant in style and On-Plan; CREDIT moi. Had a stew (Pozole del Dia) made of white corn and pork with cilantro, onion, oregano, and lime garnish - yummy stuff and I left most of the corn in the bowl!!! As for the chips and salsa, I asked for a spoon and dished the salsa onto my chip which I used several times. So, I had a nice appetizer of fresh salsa and only consumed about 4 chips. Separate CREDIT moi for that part alone since I planned to do that.

The days exercise was to walk to the restaurant and then to our friends house for tea and dessert. CREDIT moi for the walking in a delightful early summer evening.

Margaret (Nuxmaga) - Yay for that slot on the CSA! Count me as another kohlrabi fan. DW sautes it with some garlic just like she does broccoli - we love it. Yep, "magically hoping" just isn't as powerful as planning, LOL, I've tried that many a time.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Congrats on your twenty year spiffy summer look. And Kudos for the no-lick construction of that yummy sounding yogurt. You're on a roll with that exercise accumulation!

Beverlyjoy - Yay for some relaxing time. Ouch for the attack of the "goodies" - perhaps you can mentally rename them baddies with an image of their Crisco. Your resistance techniques are still there - they're willing to wake up.

Cheryl (Seadwaters) - Big Yay for walking the dogs by yourself with Kudos for the exercise that got you there. Interesting that Salt-bush Lamb matches the Omega-3's of Salmon - hoping that Shepherdess comments on that for American grown lamb.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Yay for an active day - you "thin people" are like that.

Donna (new2me2) - I'm loving this cruise. Is Victoria, B.C. still the most British city in the Americas? Good recovery there after a carver got generous with the roast beef. Happy "ziplining" today - hope you tell us what that means, LOL, but it sounds fun.

tigerchild - Yay for "ENJOYED dinner" - that's taking care of yourself. Neat how you found the book, the 3FC site, and this Beck Forum. Yep, noticing how often I ate while not sitting down was a big surprise to me. I never carried a plate to the table without taking a bite, LOL.

Readers -
Quote:
day 30
Stay in Control When Eating Out

Dining-Out Strategies

Plan what you're going to eat. Check to see if the restaurant has a menu posted on a Web site. Think about which foods you might eat and the size of portions you should consume.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 214.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:39 AM   #47  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Saturday

Hello Beck friends

I'm up early for chores and am planning for a day of exercise and healthy eating. My "thin person" did great yesterday until after dinner...then the chunky brain kicked in...after an unplanned snack (oh well) I simply went to bed. I'm looking forward to DH returning from Alaska. My evenings seem to lean towards wanting to eat from boredom...new episodes of Whale Wars and Deadliest Catch aren't the same without my enthusiastic couch partner. *credit* for not opening the Doritos in his absence...they will await his return.

BillBlueEyes, major *credits* at the mexican restaurant. In lieu of chip ogling, I've been purchasing a lg yogurt tub of their fresh salsa and bringing it home and adding it to salad dressings, stews and healthy omelets.

Cheryl (seadwaters), I took time, reread your post and smiled and teared up at the same time...such an incredible milestone to start realizing the results of your persistance with regular exercise. *credit* and on walking the dogs to the park AFTER walking about at the market. For me, these moments were real turning points and I felt very hopeful.

Beverlyjoy, interesting that you had an off day on a day you couldn't check in....I find my check in's here are essential and you got me thinking...perhaps in that situation I would sit down and write out my post on paper, stating my intention. *credit* for getting right back on track...yep...that stuff isn't nearly as satisfying anymore.

gardenerjoy, *credit* for staying out of homemade treats while celebrating an NSV as you work on gliding into onederland. It was an exciting time for me and felt so much better than when the scale was just on the other side and I was on the runway awaiting take off into the 200's.

Nuxmaga, best wishes are sent for your first Farmers Market. *credit* for picking the "lesser of evils" at the snack machine.

Shepherdess, I hope you get a run in while it's still cool. I'm still a clean the plate gal, too. For me, putting the right amount on is progress, but the other night when dinner was out I finished the pita dispite not needing it however did give a hefty portion of sweet potato fries to my friend *credit* me.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-05-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:20 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/133

Hello Beckies, long time no see! Sorry I've been away so long, spent a lot of time away from normality and have had to literally hide my laptop from myself to prevent procrastination However, I've been sticking to my diet despite being at home where there is literally tons of sugary food there to tempt me (my dad and brother eat like pigs and I can't do anything about it because it's not my house or my food to remove!) I just told myself that it wasn't there for me and I wouldn't even look at it, and it worked! yay! Major credit

My nose is much better now and I have began to continue with my exercise routine *credit*. I now am back to either running/going to the gym at least 3 times a week (depending on whether I have access to the gym or not). Have also concentrated on doing more spontaneous exercise *credit*.

I really need to update my ticker but I'm using the gym scales to measure and haven't been able to get to them lately since I've been miles away at home. Hopefully I will be able to weigh-in on Monday/Tuesday. Hoping to be around 154 at least

Hope everyone is well x
Old 06-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #49  

Height: 5'7"

Race weekend for me. My first XTERRA triathlon--off road.

After the race I need to get back and focus. My weight is creeping up, and that's not ok. I'm planning to do a 40 day Beck push, starting Tuesday June 8, which gives me a day to recover from the race and return to some sort of normalcy. Lots of travel coming up this month, so some big challenges are ahead.

See you guys on Tuesday. And I've recruited a real life friend, so I'll see if she wants to join us.

Anne
Old 06-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #50  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

I've been working on personals between chores. Dog walking is coming soon so I'll try to finish up here.

jynx, great to hear from you again and get updated on your continuing successes. *credit* for vigilance during busy times especially around family who are persistant with yucky foods.

Anne (wndranne) *credit* for major successes with trialathon events and your upcoming 40 day Beck commitment. I look forward to an update on your event.

tigerchild, " Even though normally I would be binging myself silly and tearing out my hair from the stress, exercising and making the effort to take a deep breath and make calm choices has paid off--mostly in lowering my stress level! I actually feel happy and upbeat instead of cranky and snappy." Major *credit*! I find that, too, and it is certainly reflected in my eating habits.

Donna (new2me2), Enjoy your visit to Juneau. I made it there once to meet my Mom who arrived on a ship...my Sis lived in Vancouver for many years and I never made it to Victoria. It must be the most beautiful time of year. *credit* for being so conscientious about food on your journey North. Finding that a sample of chocolate is enough is a major accomplishment.

ponee, There is a roadmap and I will follow it. *credit* I am trying not to take too many detours..

to everyone else! I look forward to hearing from you. I'm off to walk with happy pups!
Old 06-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #51  
Green Tomatoes

I got a nice big drop for the first weigh in of the Biggest Loser Beach Party Summer Challenge at 3FC (I'm on the Blue Team), largely as a result of using my brother's hot tub last night and getting nice and dehydrated. Although the healthy supper he served us was helpful, too -- grilled salmon and veggies, brown rice, salad, with berries for dessert -- I couldn't have done better myself! This was the big "meet the new girlfriend" occasion. She was quiet to start, but warmed up later and seemed very nice. Apparently, movies are what we're going to have most in common.

WI: -1.1kg, Exercise: +30 265/1600 minutes for June, Food: 80%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

Lexxiss: kudos for the hike and thinking like a thin person. Good recovery from night munchies -- going to bed seems to be a tried and true strategy for that one.

new2me2: sounds like you're having a great trip and good for you for being so mindful about food and exercise during a vacation. I know it's possible because I've done it, but I've also done the opposite, so I'm impressed that you made that choice and are following up with it.

Nuxmaga: Hope the craft show is going well. Here are my two favorite kohlrabi recipes:
http://kitchen-parade-veggieventure....th-creamy.html
http://kitchen-parade-veggieventure....-kohlrabi.html
After roasting it, I've sometimes stirred it into potato salad.

tigerchild: you're doing great with this program!

seadwaters: so glad you're seeing physical progress in being able to do things that you want to do -- the Farmers Market and walking the dogs both sound great!

BillBlueEyes: great job conquering the Mexican Restaurant!

jynx: way to go making your family's snacks not about you -- that's a crucial habit! It works for me with holiday candy displays at the drug store.

wndranne: thinking of you swimming, biking, and running -- hope it all goes well!

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 06-05-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:32 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

I was having trouble posting yesterday, but am back today. Exercise had been great! That’s an easy one for me since I love running. I did get a weight workout on Thurs. I don’t like weights, but I like what it does for my running. I also love how much lighter things have gotten.

Food has been alright. I’m just finding myself hungry in the PM. Last night I had some unplanned trail mix after dinner—a sane amount, but just not planned. I don’t know if this was good or bad. I know Beck says that hunger is not an emergency so maybe I should have just tolerated. Hunger is information, though, so I’m going to take a good look at my food plan this AM and see if I can’t figure out the problem. It may be that I’m getting more exercise than I realize. My current project, range monitoring for grasshoppers, has me out walking a lot. It’s a slow walk, but it is keeping me active all day. I also suspect that I’m letting my protein slip a bit. I heard someone admit recently that she wasn’t a vegetarian so much as a carbohydratarian and this describes me pretty well. I suspect the latter more than the former, but we’ll see.

Ponee, moving to the next stage can be intimidating, but you’re right, there is a roadmap there. Glad you’re feeling like it’s doable now.

Welcome Tigerchild! Scales can be such scary things. We attach so much emotion to our weight, but Beck just keeps coming back to “It’s just information.” Kudos for getting that scale and for starting on your Beck journey.

Nuxmaga, sending you cooling thoughts while you melt in the heat wave. I whine a lot about the cold, but I can always deal with it. I find heat unbearable and I can’t even imagine dealing with humidity! Yep, I’ve fallen prey to that “things will magically work themselves out” trap. It’s so much easier if you have a plan. Can you pack some yummy, healthy food to keep away from temptation? If you find a good recipe for kohlrabi let me know. I planted some just because it looked cool.

Seadwaters, great job resisting that urge to eat while the rain falls. I always want to eat when the weather drives me indoors. Yay for fresh veggies and a freezer full of Omega-3 rich goodies! And Yay for a day in the park with the dogs and all that exercise paying off!

BillBE, yay for surviving a WY style cloudburst and for feeling like a kid in the rain. I love the spooning the salsa onto the chip trick! I’m going to have to use that one. Huge credit for keeping the chips to a minimum, ordering a healthy dish and for leaving food on your plate.

LOL at sheep rolling over cattleguards! I do agree that sheep are smarter than we usually realize, especially when food is involved. We get some cowboys around here who try to work sheep, then talk about how dumb they are. My DH always likes to say it’s not the sheep who are dumb, but the cowboys who expect the sheep to act like cows.

Beverlyjoy, ouch for a bad day, but great job limiting it to one day and getting back on track so quickly. Sometimes that resistance muscle just gets too tired. Enjoy one more day of your trip!

Lexxiss, sounds like the nap was well deserved with all that exercise! Great job having a thin person lunch! Ouch for the unplanned snack, but kudos for going to bed and minimizing the damage. Hope your DH hurries home. I know it’s hard having him gone for such a long time.

New2me2, I love Victoria! Such a great city, but they do seem to do decadent desserts well! Great job finding a small sample satisfying. Sounds like you’re being healthy and mindful with eating on your trip. It’s a great way to celebrate your 5 lb loss.

Jynx, kudos for avoiding food that isn’t yours. It’s always tough when living in a house with people who don’t share your eating habits. Yay for getting back to your exercise and glad your nose is doing better.

Wndranne, yay for the triathalete! Best of luck on your race weekend. I could use a 40 day Beck push. I feel like my good habits are slipping. Maybe I’ll join you.

Gardenerjoy, congrats on that drop in weight! Glad the meet the new girlfriend went well and glad your brother had a healthy and delicious menu for the event. Thanks for the links to the kohlrabi recipes.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Three cards lifted from Dr. Beck that I am stapling to my forehead.

"Stress is a normal part of life. It comes and goes. If I go back to coping with stress by eating I will feel even worse. My stress will eventually diminish."

"Emotions are not an emergency. I don't have to eat. I can tolerate this feeling. Eating won't solve this problem. It will only make things worse because then I will have two problems-the original one plus feeling discouraged, weak, and worried about my weight."

"It is true I am under a lot of stress right now. But sticking to my plan isn't hard every hour of every day. And in fact there are times when sticking to my plan has made life easier because I don't have to think about or struggle over food. It is not worth it to me to throw in the towel and stop watching what I eat because I will definitely gain weight, feel bad about myself and feel even more stressed."

Be back later for personals.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Home Sweet Home!

Today was a travel home day. DS asked me to stay an extra day - he had been so busy, we hardly got in a visit the first four days I was there.

I am so glad to be back in my food comfort zone. I am grateful that most of my days were healthy and only a couple were unhealthy days. I was amazed to find that when I was eating off my plan - everything went out the window - all the behaviors like no seconds, eating seated, leave a bite etc.

What's done is done...the real task now is to hop back on my plan and get with the program again.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Hello!!!

onebyone-congratulations about your wedding. I vote (as if your fellow Becksters get a vote. LOL) for summer solstice wedding. Nicer weather for the anniversaries. I like your lists you are making here early in the day and then editing later. Great idea.

texasmama- I also binge eat and Beck has helped me so much with that. Binging is all about stress for me, so I have been able to develop healthier ways. I would say I have cut binging down to about once per month, as opposed to an eating free for all every day with binging on the side at least twice per week.

nathy-very nice list of credits!!!

ponee-LOL re your story of jumping ahead in the book.

new2me2-glad to hear things are going well for you. The trip sounds fantastic. Keep the posts coming when you can. What could be better than a maple leaf for your first 5 pounds?

Nuxmaga-hope your day went well. Fresh veggies from the farm sounds great.

tigerchild-welcome!!!! I didn't do the meal skipping experiment for fear that it would set off a very unhealthy eating spree. I will do it sometime, but not yet.

seadwaters-sounds like a good, healthy trip to the Farmer's Market. Taking the dogs to the park by yourself must of felt good.

BillBlueEyes-huge credit for on plan at a Mexican restaurant. The next reward for me is Jeff Beck's new CD which I bought last time I was in the city. It is sitting in it's wrapper by the scales.

Lexxiss-hope your day of exercise and healthy eating went well. You could drown the Doritos like Beverlyjoy would if they call your name.

jynx-glad to hear you are sticking to your plan. I know it is hard with someone in the house who likes treats. I have this issue with my DH and have to work hard at getting him to remember to keep that stuff out of my sight.

AnneWonders-hello to you and your new name. Hope the race went well.

gardenerjoy-yay for a drop in weight. Thanks for telling about your shirt tucked in with no jacket for the first time in 20 years. I look forward to that some day and it was good to hear about it.

Shepherdess-hello to you. Good luck figuring out your food plan. LOL re carbohydratarian.

Beverlyjoy-glad to hear you had a good trip. Most of your days were healthy and that is truly an accomplishment.

For me, I did well most of the week- eating healthy and planning- and then went off the deep end on Friday. I mean really really one of the worst binges since I started Beck over 7 months ago. And I did not care at all. I started off the work day eating sugar stuff at a meeting. Then I purchased chips and chip dip and ate it in my office at 11:30 am with the door locked. What was that???? I was just so stressed out I think I was reverting to old terrible coping methods. But actually that is the first time I have ate chips and dip in the office. Then I ate some more sugar. Then I came home and ate pizza. And then I finished off the chips and dip. Honestly, what a major melt down.

I know this has to do with my new duties. I have been doing both my job and my boss's job for 2 weeks now and there is so much pressure. All the eating yesterday was just scary. I HATE behaving like that. I beat myself up pretty good last night but this AM thought about Oh Well and moving on. So I did. I know very well if I cope with all this stress by eating I am going to be in a huge physical and emotional mess. Today I have regrouped and ate healthy all day.

Thanks for listening to my ranting.

Credit today for:

eating healthy and on plan
planning tomorrow
checking in here.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:20 PM   #56  
Practicing Imperfection

Hi All,
Well, dh and I survived 90 degree heat and wretched humidity at the Farmers' Market! We sold a few things, and might be interviewed for the local paper! Food was actually pretty good at the Market--I am thankful it wasn't worse, since next to us was a mobile cupcake bakery. . .I had one, and it was small, so credit for that. Then I got home hot and tired and snacked on one too many treats and went over my calorie goal again. Oh, well. I did get 10,900 steps, credit. I think it's time to get the Beck book out for a refresher, since I have a lot of magical thinking going on. . .

Thanks to tigerchild, Bill and Gardenerjoy for the kohlrabi ideas! I very much appreciated that.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 232/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Major victory tonight! It's a weekend of birthday eating this weekend (my twin boys turn 7 tomorrow). We went out to dinner tonight, but when I made my eating plan I went to the website and made my plan for the dinner. I had to ask for several substitutions, which is intimidating for me. But our server was very nice and I didn't die and wasn't called mean. ;> So I got to enjoy a nice dinner out, including a portion of one of my favorite treats (french fries), I stayed within my plan. Hooray!!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:01 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 283/171/153

Well I am back and have had to get back on the train after a big derailment. Went off to conference with all good intentions and out the window they went. Now I am trying to cope with the long weekend here in Western Australia and I am struggling.
Had an email on my return from the psychologist wanting to know how I am going so after you guys I had better lay my derailment out to him. Will be glad to see him this Thursday as I need a kick in the butt as I was going so well. Boy I hope this is the week he hypnotizes me to not like food. I thought it was last fortnight but he wanted to wait till we had a few more pig out images. Certainly collected a few of those in the last few days.
Have eaten in front of the TV last night for the first time in 3 weeks. I knew I should’t but I just kept going so will start my count down with you Becksters again and get back onto the cards. Last fortnight I left my cards at the psychologist so I have been using my diet diary each day (saying that I didn’t take it with me to the conference.)
So from today I get back on the train.

Credit Mowed the lawns today DH could not believe It as I haven’t done them myself in a long time. Got to work the derailment off.

Tigerchild Welcome Well done for sticking to your plan at the Birthday. Kudos for making your Advantage deck and sitting down at every meal. That’s a hard one to crack; I am having the same problem.

Nuxmaga Yeah I need to do the same get back into the book. Credit for only having one cupcake it could have been more and then you did your steps so well done.

CeeJay Yep put yesterday behind you emotional and stressful eating are hard to conquer. I have had a few days like that and have beaten myself up. I think it’s like a break out you have a taste and then it sets you off. We will both get back into it today. I think I will also staple them to my head.

Beverlyjoy I’m with you Beverlyjoy what done is done and back on the plan we get as you can tell I derailed big time. It’s just that you know you should’t and then you just do, if that any makes sense. I am so annoyed at myself but like you I need to get back on.

Shepherdess Well done on all the exercise. Yeah I upped my protein at lunch when I started because I was always hungry after tea. Have made it a definite to eat lunch so as to get through the evening.

Gardenerjoy Well done on the big loss. Glad the brother’s new girlfriend was nice.

Lexxiss Hope you had a good walk with puppies. I have been down at kennels today washing the Labradors for the show tomorrow. We have a visiting American Labrador specialist judge.

AnneWonders Hi Anne we haven’t met yet. Good on you for doing the triathlons’ are these like the ones in Australia where you run, swim and ride. It’s great that you get straight back on to the Becks when you see a few pounds come back on.

Jynx Well done on sticking to your plan with all the other food around. Glad your nose is on the mend and you can get back into the gym.

BillBlueEyes Credit for eating all the right foods at the Mexican restaurant and also walking there and back. Wish I could of stuck to the four chips while I was away, well done.

Seadwaters Must have been great to be able to take the dogs out again by yourself. Your farmers market sounds great we don’t have one near us. What is salt bush lamb haven’t seen that in WA.

Sorry if I have missed any one had so much catching up to do.
Going to start reading stage 2 right now so will be off.
Cheers ThisTime7

Last edited by ThisTime7; 06-06-2010 at 06:03 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:50 AM   #59  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Sunday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Got fresh strawberries from the farmers' market - soooooo good. As much as I appreciate that California and Florida ship us strawberries all year, the picked-this-morning local variety is much sweeter. CREDIT moi for being willing to pay the price for good food.

Did gym, CREDIT moi. Worked a little harder on the weights feeling the need to justify the protein shake that I drink before I go. Yay for guilt, LOL.

Anne (AnneWonders) - Welcome new Avatar for our cherished Anne (wndranne). "XTERRA triathlon" sounds science fiction like difficult. Hope it goes well.

Margaret (Nuxmaga) - Kudos for 10,900 steps. Glad you sold some stuff. Sure hope you get the interview to bring more visibility to your business. Good work spending an entire day next to a mobile cupcake bakery and only having one.

CeeJay - Ouch for stress and for falling back into stress induced eating. You've got some great Beck quotes there for help, I particularly like "Stress is a normal part of life ..." which might help to bring the spinning head back down enough to be able to talk to it. Good luck for the duration while your boss is away.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Kudos to your brother for serving an ideal healthy meal. Glad that you made contact with his new girlfriend. And Kudos for continuing your steady exercise ahead of your goal for the month.

Shepherdess - LOL at "carbohydratarian" - that's much better than pastatarian which is what many carnivores think vegetarians are. My mind is not able to imagine a reason for "range monitoring for grasshoppers" - do you carry a field guide and keep a life list of species you've seen? Are they good or bad for the sheep? Kudos for facing your evening hunger as a call to examine your eating plan rather than feeling guilty.

Beverlyjoy - Welcome back home. Yay for making time to visit with your DS and, presumably, more giggles with GS, LOL. Kudos for mostly on plan while on travel. I recognize that behavior where off-plan falls verrrrrry off-plan. Hope you can find the strategies to fight that part.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Good strategy to go to bed, presumably with instructions to the butler not to bring you any food, LOL. And most of us could use a little extra sleep. I like the idea of buying a tub of salsa; just knowing that I'd have that would help me avoid the chips.

jynx - Yay for having your nose back in joint and Kudos for getting back to your exercise. It's difficult being around family who are eating junk food - sending supportive thoughts for handling that.

ThisTime7 - Welcome back home for the long weekend. Ouch for the derailment - there's been a bunch of that this week so you have good company getting back on the train. Yep, getting your hands on your dairy or your Response Cards is a good start.

tigerchild - Major Kudos for asking for several substitutions at the restaurant - that's intimidating for a lot of folks. And Kudos for eating out and staying on plan for the day. Happy Birthday to your boys.

Readers -
Quote:
day 30
Stay in Control When Eating Out

Dining-Out Strategies

Anticipate the sabotaging thoughts you might have. You might think, for example, it's okay to eat more than I've planned because . . . everyone else is eating a lot/I rarely get to eat these foods/it won't hurt/I can start again tomorrow/I should eat more to get my money's worth. Make Response Cards to read before you go and bring them with you in case you need them. Make sure to review and bring along your Advantages Response Card, too.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 214.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 06-06-2010 at 09:28 AM. Reason: presumable -> presumably. Working English as a 1st language.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hello Beckfolks!

It feels so good to be back in my reclining chair and having the time to really post here with you Becksters.

I got up and planned for a healthy day. I’ve prepared my journal for the day - so I am ready to ‘keep track’ and proceed with a sane day with food.

I realize what went wrong with the last few days of my vacation/time away from home. Yes, I switched to my exchange plan. This has worked well in the past. I changed one thing, however. I decided that I wouldn’t give myself those 200-300 extra calories a day, if I wanted/needed them. I am so close to onederland - I wanted to get there sooner rather than later on. However, it was just too hard for me being away from home. The old saying “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it” really applies here. I’ve traveled many times this year and did well - but, this time I felt ‘deprived’ at the end of the day. Dr. Beck said it might happen if you don’t give yourself a little ‘wiggle room’ while away from home.

This is such a learning process. I kind of hate that. I thought I kind of had a rhythm of eating and food sanity well engrained in my mind. Ha!! Of course, I didn’t. Always a learning process.

Billbe - enjoy those strawberries. I love that they are plentiful this time of the year, too. Good job getting in your gym time. Yes, many extra giggles with GS. And a unprompted/spontaneous declaration of love for his grandpa. The best!

Thistime7 - Boy - life/food happens and sometimes it ‘kicks you in the behind”. All you/we can do is get back to the things we know work. There’s a saying “Fall down six times, get up seven” - keep going! I hope your psychologist hypnotizes you soon…I am anxious to see how it helps. I listen to relaxation/healthy meditation tapes sometimes. I can’t hurt.

tiger child - WELCOME!! Major credit for staying on your plan and being willing to ask the waiter to accomidate your food requests. I am glad you could enjoy the celebration!

Ceejay - sorry to hear that your day snowballed into a total binge day. I know that it can feel like a ‘frenzy’ when that kind of eating begins and continued. Forgive yourself and realize this doesn’t happen very often. Hop back onto your plan and you will be OK. Thanks for posting the three cards…good reminder, I’ll copy them down too.

Nuxmaga - OMG…a mobile cupcake bakery! That’s an difficult temptation. Credit for getting all that walking in.

Shepardess - credit for getting your exercise in and feel weights ‘feeling lighter’. I understand how eating in the evening can be tricky. When evening snacks are planned ahead of time, Dr. Beck says that this framework of the food for the day is helpful.

Lexxiss - credit for staying out of the Doritos!! It seems that evenings are a hard time for so many folks. Credit for your unplanned snack not turning into a full fledged binge.

Jinx - sorry to hear that you have to deal with your families sugary snacks being around. Any way they can keep them out of sight? (I know..easier said than done) Great job on your consistent exercise routine.

Anne wonders - I hope the race went well. It will good to get going the ‘the 40 day Beck push’. We will be here to help the best we can.

Seadwaters - glad you could get good things at the farmer’s market. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling strong enough to get out with the dogs and get around more. This is wonderful. Major credit for staying away from the goodies at the farmer’s market.

New2me2 - so glad you found a nice charm! Credit for reading your book and cards. This is so helpful.

garden joy - tucking your shirt for the first time in years in MAJOR. I am doing a tucked in shirt happy dance for you. Good job not licking the spoon.

Ponee - good job finding a road map. I think it take a while to ‘think like a thin person’. But, Dr. Beck’s ideas are so helpful in this journey.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 06-06-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Closed Thread