Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 05:16 AM   #211  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello Beck friends

I was having a marvelous day yesterday which was interrupted with my choice to eat unplanned food. I got back on track, *credit* and resumed my program. I started reading "Women Food and God", by Geneen Roth. Although I've just begun, I'm finding her take on compulsive and emotional eating to be very "lightbulbish".lol I am up early and hope to read some more this AM.

I wish I understood my new computer better. I just don't have the hang of it yet...lost some personals, oh well. *credit* for trying and I'll try again. I think I need an instructor.

BillBlueEyes, "Was one of my better days for on-plan eating, CREDIT moi. Nothing special - I just kept everything in place." Thanks for sharing, and great *credit*. I have those days and they feel really good.

maryblu, thanks for checking in. I am sorry to hear both about your friend and your sprained ankle. I have not been catching the news lately and had not heard about the devastation in Minnesota. I'm sending healing energy to the North.

FutureFitChick, I'm glad to hear you had a good day remembering your Father....hoping your insomnia passes, too. *credit* for a dive back to Beck books, especially after a get back on track moment.

sweetnlow, to the monthly thread. *credit* for willingness to try out new ideas and congrats! on your weight loss.

Beverlyjoy, *credit* for forgiving yourself and moving on with good food choices during a stressful time. I hope your jaw is feeling better.

Donna (new2me2), *credit* for continual reading and learning. I like finding new information which I didn't connect with the first time around.

ponee, *credit* for getting back on track!

gardenerjoy, *credit* for preplanning luncheons out, "I'll just leave those"...fried noodle things is very sane.

Cheryl (seadwaters), many *credits*. I agree, being healthy and at a normal weight is worth it!

onebyone, "Persist in Victory" I'm glad that your family trip is behind you. We only have today. When reading your post, I was reminded of how I felt as the bp meds were increased. I was ultimately motivated by my own health, and my bp came normal and I was taken off meds only 4 months into a healthy food plan. *credit* for willingness to move on.

Shepherdess, *credit* for taking care of your hard working legs with yoga, and thanks for your kind words to me. My high altitude garden has finally taken hold and I hope yours has, too.

Only 2 more days of VBS. I have my monthly knitting group today which always revolves around food which is not on my agenda. I think I will take a nap before I go...thinking I will go meditate for a bit (translation sneak another hour in bed) and come up with a healthy sharing snack for those sugar loving knitters.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-24-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:22 AM   #212  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Welcome sweetnlow28

sweetnlow28

And even though you've been here for five months already,

How did you find out about the Beck books?

And how did you find the Beck Forum on 3 Fat Chicks?

Old 06-24-2010, 05:59 AM   #213  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - It was a vegetarian day as well as an on-plan eating day; CREDIT moi. Finished off the last of the tabbouleh for lunch and the last of the dahl (lentils) for dinner. Whole days without meat aren't that rare any more, but I just happened to notice and wish to give myself credit in memory of what I would eat in the past when I'd have, for example, a large pastrami sub at lunch to make up for the smallish portions of meat that my DW was serving in the evenings.

Nothing unusual at the gym (CREDIT moi). Did happen to notice a particularly tall guy lifting a bar bell while standing - he had sooooo much further to lift than the shortish guy standing next to him.

maryblu - Big Ouch for that swarm of tornadoes that swept across Minnesota. Read about those and hoped that you were spared. Sending supportive thoughts for your friend to heal - what a freakish accident.

Good luck with healing your own ankle; neat that you're willing to hobble down to the lake for your swim.

FutureFitChick - Yay for a productive day even as you deal with the memory of the loss of your father. Good work does wonders for distracting the mind. Hope that insomnia gets under control.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - I do love that peanut sauce. Kudos for planning your choice in advance.

Beverlyjoy - Yay for not being anemic - Ouch for a popped jaw at the same time. Good luck with your planned travel foods - bringing your own immersion blender is such a cool idea.

I can't believe how many people were told that they couldn't wear under ware with holes in it because of concern for being taken to the emergency room. I was told that all my life - what a crock. The thought of being hit by a huge truck and having the state of my under ware as the most important thing on my mind is so ludicrous, but alas, I got that all the time as a kid. (I also had to wear socks that matched my shirt - hadn't remembered that in a long time, LOL.)

Cheryl (Seadwaters) - Yay for your upcoming "holiday adventure" with Kudos for planning so carefully in advance. I think it's super fun to look forward to new food with a plan in my pocket so I won't feel conflicting stuff while I'm trying to enjoy my meal.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Gotta love those "lightbulbish" reading moments.

Donna (new2me2) - I like your, "straying from the plan is not okay even if you're within calorie range." For me it's the mind set; If I'm thinking in my sane place, then sane portions of food follow.

ponee - Big Kudos for recognizing the "addictive voice" and pushing back. Seems to me that naming it is the first step and goes a long way to getting it under control. Ouch for the lingering smell from the skunk. My old Australian Shepard hated the smell of a skunk and even more hated getting a bath. She would no more listen to reason from me that the bath was for her own good than did my kids, LOL.

sweetnlow28 - I like your response card, "samples are not free calories" - that hits me. I do understand the need to "season to taste" but my version of a taste would look like a serving, LOL. And I'd sample rather frequently, LOL.

Readers -
Quote:
day 30
Stay in Control When Eating Out

special advice for business dinners

If you're eating out for business reasons, use the previously mentioned strategies and also keep the following in mind:
  • [*]

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 217.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 06-24-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:21 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Default Thursday

Dear Coaches

A quick check in after an eventful day. The country leadership changed in a fairly unexpected coup. It was very sad really but a great day for women and redheads. So I have been spending time watching the process and the fallout. Today was tests one year follow up post surgery - had ultrasounds and other xrays. A bit weird really and it returned me to how I felt a year ago - so I was a bit apprehensive. No results yet. And I responded by making bad choices for dinner on the way home. Not a logical choice but there you go.

Credits -
- I motivated myself by
- Read A&R cards - once - ($1)
- Consciously gave credit for positive eating / exercise behaviours - yes - but not as much to give credit for
- Limit junk food to once per day - NO
- Made food plan - a little - not good enough and rushed
- Food on-plan - No - difficult day and
- Posted to the list - Here I am ($1)
- Ate seated every time - seated always but in the car on the way home
- Ate mindfully and slowly - not really
- Put down fork occasionally - when I was using one ($1)
- Weighed myself - Yes - -1.6# - 215 - ($1)
- Drank water - not enough
- Exercise - no

Working on -
Staying on track and planning

Have a good day Beckies
-----
Cheryl
Old 06-24-2010, 07:51 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Becksters....I made it through my soft food on plan day. CREDIT I am REALLY grateful for the willingness to push through. I've got my soft food stuff ready for my trip. Saturday's wedding reception is a BBQ - I am considering putting a replacement meal can in the car (slim fast I guess). I've never had that before but - it might work. I am hoping I'll be able to chew in a few days.

yesterday -
planned food, logged, measured, calories - yes
eat seated - all but once
fork down - no much
slow mindful eating - not really
taste food - some of the time
exercises - yes
arc/rc - no
beck book - no
lots of water - yes
give credit - a few times
weigh - no

I need to finish getting ready. I'll be back for personals if I get a chance.

Have a great day friends. I just want you to know how helpful it is to have all of you here as my coaches/diet buddy/friends in this journey.

I got a couple personals in...we are about to leave.Sweetandlow - glad to see you in this section. I’ve learned a lot just from reading what people say and their experiences help too. Congrats on your wonderful weight loss. I love that sticky note the says…"sit down to eat, samples are not free calories" Such a good reminder.

Futurefitchick - so glad father’s Day turned out to be an enjoyable day. Insomnia is awful. Here is what my Travel response card says:
Make a travel plan about a week ahead with a diet strategy. Some ideas: 1. Allow yourself a few hundred extra calories a day. 2. Follow your usual plan every day but add some minor splurges a few times. 3. Follow your plan every day except a splurge on the last day.
If your rules are too strict you might get fed up and abandon your plan all together.
Take some food with you….Use strategies you’ve already learned. Take the book. Differentiate between cravings and hunger. Use anti craving techniques. Read card about eating out.
Trip home - try to follow your plan. Be ready to face the scale. Remind self that you’ll soon be back in your food comfort zone. Plan ahead what you’ll be eating for a few days when you get home. Be ready to contact your coach.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 06-24-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:45 AM   #216  
Green Tomatoes

A quick note and then off to do yard work while DH's nephew is here to help.

Beverlyjoy: hope you're feeling better today! As someone who has had lots of experience attempting to medicate pain with food, I want to support you any way I can over the next few months. I'm confident that with your inner strength and persistence and our collective ideas, that we can work this out!

sweetnlow28: nice to see you here!

FutureFitChick: lovely to have you back!

maryblu: so sorry about your friend's injuries from the tornado. Hope you're finding solace in your garden as you recover from your sprained ankle.

Hello to everyone else!
Old 06-24-2010, 10:53 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 192/192/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning friends!

I think my day is going to be much better than yesterday, lol. I've brought better choices today for lunches and that should take care of the munchies that I had yesterday after straying a bit on my plan.

I realized that I hadn't read my cards in a few days, and perhaps that was why I felt a little out of sync yesterday, lol. So, I read them last night, and I read them again this morning. Ah, much better!

My exercise was a little bit of Walk It Out (only 30 minutes as I just ran out of energy, even for THAT), then a short lower body weight workout.

Woke up this morning with a renewed determination to do more...more of what I'm not sure, but the idea of exercise formed shortly thereafter, lol. I read somewhere yesterday...not sure where, but it might have been on the Weight Watcher's website, that one should be able to hold a plank position for two minutes. I was curious to see how I would do after being fairly inactive for the last couple of years. A couple of years ago, I know I could hold it for at least a minute. So straight out of bed this morning, I got down into a plank and held it for 40 seconds with good form. A while later I tried again and was able to hold it again for 40 seconds, so that's a good start.

In addition I decided that I needed more spontaneous exercise, so while brushing my teeth did some leg lifts, and also did them while washing the dishes. When I got to work, I went up the stairwell as usual, but took the long way around to get there, lol. Perhaps each time I need to use the ladies room, I'll walk the long way around for that too.

So, credit moi,

Beverlyjoy OUCH!!! That jaw sounds painful indeed! You said: "Will I ever really learn that food cannot take away pain or stress. I woke up today, have forgiven myself and am ready to face what I need to do." Wow, I think we all tend to do this to ourselves in some form or another, forgiving yourself is HUGE credit. Sounds like you have a good plan for those soft foods. Ensure is another liquid meal replacement you can probably find almost anywhere.

sweetnlow28 I like your idea of posting your response card ON your mirror, lol. I have mine posted in several places...one by my computer, one INSIDE my medicine cabinet (note to self, must move that OUTSIDE, lol), one near my TV, and a couple inside some cabinets. I also like your "samples are not free..." note! I think you're going to be just fine with day 5. I think the spirit of the day is to just slow down and notice what we eat--we tend to rush through our food, not really noticing it or how much we eat. I still eat at the computer and like you tend to put it down more often when I do that so I can type. I just try to be more mindful of eat bite or swallow.

FutureFitChick So happy to see you are doing better! The insomnia could definitely be related.

maryblu Wow, I don't watch TV much anymore and usually not the news...I had no idea about the tornados! I'm so sorry for the injuries and loss of homes. I'm so glad your friend is recovering!! On a happier note, I've been trying to experiment with green shakes myself. I need a way to get in some veggies. I can't eat raw veggies, or seeds or peels, but supposedly blended is easier to digest. The couple of times I've tried them I've had stomach issues, but I'm not giving up just yet, lol. I love the idea of them.

Lexxiss I've heard a lot of about that book by Geneen Roth...that may have to be my next read!

BillBlueEyes Good job on your vegetarian day!

seadwaters (Cheryl) Hope everything turns out okay with the new leadership!
Old 06-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #218  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome
I am having a much better day and I feel back on plan and not overwhelmed anymore. I ate my breakfast without the television or computer this morning and I survived LOL. I will do the same for lunch then try eating dinner at my computer while paying attention to each bite and eating much slower. I made a bright colored sticky that I will stick on my laptop as a reminder. It reads:

*eat slowly
*drink water
*listen to your body!
*20 minutes to feel full
*be mindful, how does it taste, texture?

I give myself credit for this sticky, I think it will be helpful. I almost feel guilty for progressing so quickly through the program but I have been dieting for six months now and some of the steps have already been done long ago like moving tempting foods. I did check the cupboard today just in case I needed to make readjustments I am starting week two now but I will just focus on the mindful eating for today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
sweetnlow28

And even though you've been here for five months already,

How did you find out about the Beck books?

And how did you find the Beck Forum on 3 Fat Chicks?

I learned about the Beck books the same way I learn all the awesome information and support I need to succeed, here at 3FC Someone ( I wish I could remember who, give a shout if its you LOL ) mentioned some beck strategies in the weight loss support forum and it really spoke to me. I wish I could remember the exact context, something about spelling a word and each letter stood for a beck step. I immediately started looking into the books after that post. A sincere thank you to who ever posted that

Have a great day everyone !!
Old 06-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Coaches/Buddies, I read through the pink book and reviewed all of the work I’ve done so far on Beck. I think it helped me to focus on avoiding cravings and maintaining a plan. Last night, after dinner, I read in bed and then slept, finally! I feel so much better.

Today I deviated from plan at breakfast and ate granola instead of making eggs. I think I just wasn’t awake enough yet to remember my plan.

Today’s Essentials:
Weigh-in: no change
Read Advantage Cards two times: no, just once
Read Response Cards at least two times: no, just once.
Ate slowly, sitting down, noticing every bite: no, found myself walking around with my dessert in my mouth
Gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful eating behaviors: yes
Did spontaneous exercise: no
Did planned exercise: none planned
Wrote out food plan for tomorrow: yes
Tracked today’s food: yes

BeverlyJoy, thanks for sharing your travel cards. Those are great. I hope your mouth feels better soon.

BillBlueEyes, loved your observation about tall!

GardenerJoy, glad you have a garden helper. A belated congratulations on making it to Goal 3! That is fantastic!

Lexxiss, let me know how the rest of that book goes. I’ve read everything else she’s written but that and Craggy Heart. I found her workbook to be the most helpful thing for me. It really broke down the years of hate I had for my body.

Maryblu, a great deal of concern coming your way for your loved ones! Weeding is also in my future. So much rain here!

new2me2, great job with the spontaneous exercise!

Seadwaters, apparently I need to turn on my radio. I’ve been immersed in an audio book and podcasts for the last several days! Everytime I seed your credits, the cash register sound happens in my head!

[B]Sweetnlow28[B], great job on eating without distractions!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Hi, all!

new2me2...I am glad you are into the green shakes thing. Not an artificial or manufactured food in the entire blender. I am loving it! Fresh strawberries and blueberries..it's all good. Not that I won't enjoy them in their unblended form. If we all made fruits and veggies our primary food source, we wouldn't have to fight for weight control.

Reminds me of the old story from Weight Watchers. The moderator was extolling the virtues of broccoli as low calorie. The new member said, "But, I thought cheese was high in calories!" Apparently, she had never dreamed of broccoli without cheese sauce.

Best to all.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #221  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryblu View Post
new2me2...I am glad you are into the green shakes thing.
Best to all.
Maryblu
What was the website for the green shakes - I went to the one you suggested (greenmonster.com) and it was definitely not about shakes! Nor can I find it in 3FC - any help appreciated

Cheryl
Old 06-24-2010, 11:16 PM   #222  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Smile Thursday

Hi coaches

I went to the grad at the art school tonight. I was lucky to find a new top that looked better than okay and was actually a *gasp* modern style and some great new incomprehensibly designed shoes by Gisele Bundchen of all people. I did think twice about further enriching a supermodel (meow) then decided it was worth it for the fashion and I haven't had any fun summer shoes in a long long time. *credit moi* for successful shopping today. Also *credit*the 120min bout of walking that went along with that shopping. *credit moi* for weighing myself this morning (-2.8lbs; the bloat is leaving huzzah!) and for drinking all my water+. *credit moi* for avoiding junk food yesterday and today. Also *credit moi* for avoiding foods with sugar though I did drink a few fruity sugary drinks. *credit moi* for the general improvement on the quality of the food I am consuming. *credit moi* for taking a nap this afternoon when I needed one. *credit moi* for going to the grad and being social. I almost stayed home. It was good that I went to re-connect with like-minded artist types.

and last but not least *credit moi* for posting. Official weigh-in day tomorrow.

Have a good night folks.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:42 AM   #223  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Friday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - I left some potato salad on my plate at dinner at home - big CREDIT moi. It's something I rarely do and it would help to improve my attitude toward food if I did it regularly. My mind is full of echoes: "Eat everything on your plate," . . . "Starving children in China," . . . "You served it, you have to eat it." None of those are true; I know that but they still seem to drive me to clean my plate to the porcelain every meal.

Walked (CREDIT moi) after a thunderstorm into the steamy streets and wet environment - was fun to see the world coming out. Some kids were in the sprinkler at the park as if that was just the right place to be after a thunderstorm. Ate dinner on the patio looking at all the plants happy to have had their drink. I like that thunderstorms just go away and blue skies come right back.

maryblu - Love that broccoli story!! Count me as one who has never had a green shake - I like to taste my spinach directly.

onebyone - Yep, BIG Kudos "for going to the grad and being social" - it's so compelling to avoid people at the very time that we need the interaction the most. That's an impressive list of credits for getting yourself going. Is this a selling weekend?

FutureFitChick - Yay for sleep. Laughing at the thought of having granola because of being too early in the morning to remember the plan.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Yay for gardening help; Double Yay for FREE gardening help. Ouch for the thought of how much a nephew might be able to eat, LOL.

Beverlyjoy - Yay for conquering your soft food plan; Ouch for needing a soft food plan. You are an inspiration with your insightful planning. Hope the BBQ goes well.

Cheryl (Seadwaters) - Sending supportive thoughts as the feelings of a year ago resurface. Keep the faith; you've soldiered yourself forward for twelve months - you'll keep going.

Our newspapers are having a difficult time making sense of your sudden change in Prime Minister. Of course they report that she's talked with Obama and that nothing will change. The whole world is watching, LOL.

Donna (new2me2) - Yay for 40 seconds of plank; that's a tough one. I find it difficult because there is nothing to distract me from the hurt except for watching the clock hoping it ends soon. And Kudos for all those stairs and taking the long path.

sweetnlow28 - Yep, Kudos for making that sticky to remind yourself to eat mindfully; it takes a while to overcome years of just gobbling food down. It's not uncommon to barrel through some of the early steps of the program - one doesn't need to stick to the exact daily schedule.

I particularly like, "*listen to your body!" - boy is it ever easy to forget that one.

Readers -
Quote:
day 30
Stay in Control When Eating Out

special advice for business dinners

If you're eating out for business reasons, use the previously mentioned strategies and also keep the following in mind:
  • [*]
The Beck Diet Solution, pg 217.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:53 AM   #224  

Default Friday evening

Dear Coaches

Today was much better - had a plan and on plan but the plan had too many carbs in it - will work on that later. Still feeling a bit fragile

The change in national leadership is interesting. Same party and affiliations. A female; single; de facto partner; no children; has been called the 49year old female redhead atheist lesbian left wing deliberately barren etc by the opposition. Very amusing. So she is very interesting as leader. The media is now coming up with names for her partner - first bloke; first de facto; first squeeze; first hairdresser (his occupation); first consort - it is very funny and a fine distraction - wonder what the "whole world" will make of it. Really sad that they disposed of a fine man but that's politics for you.

I have bought my new mattress and get it in a few weeks - would you believe my lovely neighbour also sells really good ones. They were having mid year sales on seconds - got one for 20% of the price so I am really looking forward to it.

BeverlyJoy - Sorry for your sore jaw and the soft food diet - it sounds challenging and painful when you have enough on your plate. Hope you can chew soon. I am going to copy all your travel cards and use them for my trip next week (and the week after I am going to my sisters as well)

BillBlueEyes - Vegetarian days are good - I enjoy them. Yay for leaving food on your plate - a real accomplishment. I don't have any litany in my head - I just want to eat it all!

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Yay for getting back on track with food. Did you come up with a healthy sharing snack for the knitting circle?

Donna (new2me2) - As usual you are on top of exercise (spontaneous and planned!) so credit. Good luck with the plank posture - always a challenge. A&R cards are really powerful aren't they?

Futurefitchick - I am glad Father's day was not too bad. Hope the insomnia is resolving - that is difficult. I have always loved your signature and your list of things to look forward to - I have added some of them to my advantage pack. Seems like you are getting refocused in the program and it is great to see you back here

Gardenerjoy - Hi there - hope things are good

Maryblu - I am always fascinated in a morbid sort of way by US weather - especially tornadoes which we don't have. Your friend sounds special to have survived the earlier one. Hope your ankle improves so weeding can continue on a grander scale

Onebyone - Great list of credits. I am saving money for some presentable clothes (regardless of my weight!) by paying for my credits - I appreciate your pleasure at buying clothes (and shoes) you feel great in

Shepherdess - Waving - hope you are well

sweetnlow28 - Great solution to the ongoing challenge of eating mindfully, slowly and enjoying every bite. I always get great ideas here and I am sure with your experience with weight loss I will learn a lot from you

Credits -
- I motivated myself by
- Read A&R cards - once - $1
- Consciously gave credit for positive eating / exercise behaviours - yes - $1
- Limit junk food to once per day - NO
- Made food plan - yes - $1
- Food on-plan - yes $1
- Posted to the list - Here I am - $1
- Ate seated every time - mostly
- Ate mindfully and slowly - sometimes
- Put down fork occasionally - Yes - $1
- Weighed myself - Yes - +.4# - 215.4 - $1
- Drank water - some
- Exercise - yes

Working on -
Copying BeverlyJoy's travel cards

Have a good day Beckies
-----
Cheryl
Old 06-25-2010, 07:40 AM   #225  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi beck folks, buddies, coaches….I got through yesterday away from home and on soft food – and did well. Credit! Wow – am I ever grateful! I am not quite sure where the willingness came for this – but, no matter, I am glad. My jaw is feeling improved. Am making progress with this. We all went out for dinner last night. I had a side of spaghetti with plain sauce.....healthy and soft. I left part of it on my plate. Credit. I am using my alternate exchange plan and it worked well. I cannot really plan my whole day of food but, am making it up as I go along with mostly the foods I've brought.

Thanks to all of you - for your support and kind words during my current 'crisis'.

I am enjoying time with my family!!

seadwaters - having a plan and staying on plan are great! Yes, you can tweak the carbs as you go along day by day. Glad you got a new mattress at a good price.

billbe - major credit for leaving the potato salad - you've often mentioned that leaving food on your plate is hard. Glad you could get your walk in and were able to enjoy the aftermath of a nice rain.

onebyone - so many credits are awesome! So glad you were willing and able to stay away for junk food, reconnect with friends and colleagues, walking with shopping and more. Many things equal alot of great things that make it a positive day.

maryblu - loved your weight watcher story! What a concept - plain brocolli!

furturefitchick - you said - I read through the pink book and reviewed all of the work I’ve done so far on Beck. I think that daily use of the book and the response cards REALLY make a difference in how we get through the day. Excellent...carry on!

sweetnlow - you are doing great! It takes awhile to get into the swing of all these 'things'. But, these techniques can add up to make a much better approach to actually living with food in a healthy and sane matter. Carry on.

new2me2 - you have hit upon something so important. When we take the time to read the response cards....it really helps us to get through the day with the food and choices and all. I LOVE your spontaneous exercise of leg lifts while you brush your teeth and do dishes, etc.

Shout out to anyone stopping by. Have a great day!!
gardenerjoy - HI! Glad your nephew is around to help in the garden. Gardening is good exercise, too!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 06-25-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Closed Thread