Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Hello!!!!

seadwaters-glad to hear you only have three and a half weeks to go. Hoping for more energy for you.

BillBlueEyes- credit toi for the gym and for saving salmon for lunch. Yum.

ChinaMaine-sorry about your DH's cousin. My grandmother died of an aneuruism at age 62. It is hard when it is so sudden.

Beverlyjoy-Happy birthday to you. What nice neighbours you have. Sorry about the cake, but who can resist their own cake? Yay for killing the cake, candy and chips...way to go!!!

gardenerjoy-let us know how The Spark book is and if it is worth buying. Credit to you for all your credits.

eusebius-yay for yesterday on plan. Hope day 4 went well for you.

Shepherdess-congratulations on reaching your goal. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on getting there. It is incredibly motivating for the rest of us on the journey.

silverbirch- hello there!!!!

For me, a good day. Dodged a few bullets. Credit for:

Weighing in
Riding exercise bike 30 minutes even though I did not want to
Doing weights even though I did not want to
Posting here
Reading advantage and response cards
Eating slower and tasting most of it
Eating on plan except I popped 3 Timbits in my mouth in the coffee room. It was chaos at work and I was stressed. I did it on automatic pilot. Then I stopped. Thank goodness, cause in "the old days" I would have polished off many many more than 3.
Went to lunch and ordered salad even though my lunch partner ordered a denver, fries and gravy. For a moment I was considering it but then knew I would be so mad at myself if I did it.

Have a good Friday everyone!!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:22 PM   #47  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Exclamation Thursday weigh-in day

Beverlyjoy Happy Birthday!

Shepherdess! Congrats on meeting your goal!

And thank you so much for writing this to BBE today
Quote:
Establishing a habit of delayed gratification isn’t easy.
Say what sista?? A habit you say of what? Delayed gratification? Lord have mercy on me. Why in all my years I have never thought of putting these two concepts together: habit + delaying gratification. Sheesh. Thank you for pointing out the obvious to me. I look forward to trying to practice this as a habit and not a "one-off special event!"

And Dr. Beck wrote, and I quote via Billblueeyes quote for today:
Quote:
These weekly weigh-ins can help you in the following ways:

. . .
They keep you honest if you've gained weight. If you haven't been following all the steps in the program, regular weigh-ins make you face that you can't get away with doing only the parts of the program you feel like doing.
*big sigh* I weigh-in officially tomorrow. This week my weight climbs daily.

Oh Well.

First the credits: no sugar no seconds not sedentary no snacks 95% of the time = good enough

Challenges: eating to overfull again - poor food choices 50% of the time (I suppose I can get a small credit for the other 50%) -
exercising the giving in muscle more than the resistance muscle- and I am PLAGUED( let this be a stand-in for locusts ok?) by cravings for sweet things like you would not believe. DAILY, several times a day actually, whenever I am in transit from one space to the next I want to detour and get into some _____ insert any sugary object here.

How can the sugar resistance muscle be stronger than the all-round-general-bad-food resistance muscle? obviously I see sugar as a much bigger threat to my food plan and staying on my food plan which I suppose it is.

Guess things are not as bleak food-wise as I thought when I first sat down to write this out here. Hmmm. that's good.

CHALLENGE for the coming weekend: family get together at an Italian restaurant while my Florida sister is in town. This will be a food-fest of the highest magnitude. I'll need a strategy.

Right now I feel like I am swimming in mud. My weight is climbing, but I suspect it is hormonal, which is more erratic than ever so I never know anymore but I think so. Some of this then is water. okay. I think I am going to take the weightLOSS pressure off and focus on re-claiming/maintaining my loss to date. MAINTENANCE at 262. I think this is where I am at. For whatever reason, I don't have it in me to do what I need to do to lose weight right now. Not in a big focused way. I feel tired. really tired. Guess it's back to the small things. That I am completely off fake sugar and have been for close to a year now, and now the sugar is gone since Jan 1st and 20-24'bs have been shed since Jan 1st it's all good. And sometimes, just admitting I can't do it anymore strangely gives me the focus and the drive to get on with it once more. We'll see.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by onebyone; 03-04-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:17 AM   #48  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Friday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Spent a long day in a virtual meeting where I'm at my computer as are some half dozen others with voice connection and projector screen connection to a room filled with people in another time zone. Yay for the marvels of modern electronics. Which, however, do not consider that my lunch time arrives just when the meeting is going strong and it doesn't break for lunch until I'm chewing on my chair leg. CREDIT moi for waiting; hunger is not an emergency and all that. But, it's not just the hunger, I wanted a break from the d*rn meeting.

But when we did break, was my left over salmon good. CREDIT moi again for saving it from the previous dinner.

onebyone - LOL at you enjoying the thoughts about habit of delayed gratification. Kudos for a day of working your 4 No S's and Double Kudos for taking the time to give yourself credit that you're winning.

ChinaMaine - Sending hugs as you experience the MIL in you by scooching forward for her convenience. Neat plan to substitute veggies for half your lunch sandwich.

Erika (eusebius) - Congrats to the pianist who make the young violinist so comfortable that she won the competition. And Kudos for giving yourself credit.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Yay for charging forward into March with your exercise minutes. Neat that you're enjoying The Spark - do let us know about it from time to time; sounds like a good book to get.

Shepherdess - Congrats on reaching your goal weight. And Kudos for recognizing the Sabotaging Thoughts that arrive when trying to feel the good feelings that come with that. Time for onebyone's slogan, "Persist in Victory."

Beverlyjoy - Happy Birthday!!!!!

What a joyful story of your little neighbors bringing you a cake - and amazing ending; Kudos for choosing to let it go. It's so hard to let go of unwanted sugar calories when "little neighbors" is so fondly written on them.

CeeJay - Yay for "Dodging bullets." Do need to ask for translation for "Timbits" and "ordered a denver, fries and gravy."

Susan (hikergirl) - Waving back. Can't do better than "all is well."

silverbirch - Yep, "big black crosses" wouldn't help me keep my hands out of the nut bowl, LOL.

Readers -
Quote:
day 21
Get Ready to Weigh In

These weekly weigh-ins can help you in the following ways:
. . .
They help you stay committed to the program. If you're happy with your weight loss, you'll feel motivated to continue doing what you've been doing. If you're disappointed, you can declare that you're going to figure out where you went wrong, reread parts of this book, and start fresh.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 171.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:38 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Default Tgif

Hi Coaches
Checking in before another early night to catch up on sleep and beat this tiredness. I have been on plan today food-wise but haven't really read cards or my book. I have written a plan for tomorrow and have included it. I got through work I needed to organise but have a major project I need to get sorted over the weekend. Hopefully I can do it tomorrow and have Sunday for me. Otherwise I am hopeful of getting back on plan

Shepherdess - CONGRATULATIONS - brilliant and I can see why success can be scary. But you are so solid now and did it under less than ideal conditions. Plus you seem to have developed HABITS which will see you through. Now - how can I follow in your footsteps ...

ChinaMaine - Grief is slower and sneakier than we realise. My mothers death (2006) still comes back to surprise me occasionally. I too have been making half sandwiches that I freeze and then I can have a salad or fruit - it works well for Sydney and I will cook a chicken this weekend to do it again.

BeverlyJoy - Happy birthday - and congrats on overcoming vast quantities of chocolate cake (my favourite)
Old 03-05-2010, 07:02 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Becksters - Yesterday I pushed through and had a healthy day - I am so grateful. I think that Shepardess was right - I was so focused on getting through the challenges of being away from home for ten days -that when the cake came in the door - my guard was down. I don't know if dh can get over the cake in the trash. I suppose I could have taken it to my mom's apartment and she would have shared it with all the seniors. But - I am glad it's gone.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. This was my first year on Facebook on my birthday. It was so much fun to get greetings from so many folks.
Today we are going out with my mom and aunt for a birthday supper - I've chosen the Chinese restaurant with the lovely steamed ginger sea bass.

Yesterday -
cake and goodies in the trash
arc/rc - 1 time
tasted food = most of the time
fork down, no seconds - all the time
said OH WELL all day
logged food

oops
no exercise or spontaneous exercise
I planned food in my head, but didn't write it down
haven't looked at the Beck book since coming back from LA

I am off to get my car serviced....I'll be back for personals.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:21 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Thursday

WI-down 0.2 lbs. Read my cards, made a plan. Food – on-plan; Exercise – on-plan (30m).
I had half a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch with a cup of soup, fruit and veggies on the side. It’s fewer calories than my usual grilled cheese lunch (whole grilled cheese sandwich and cup of soup), healthier, and just as filling. Now I just need to remember this epiphany …
Thanks for the warm wishes everyone – they mean a lot to me…
The Good
- Throughout the day, I identified satisfaction vs fullness while eating, and I stopped eating when satisfied - credit!
- Throughout the day, I identified hunger vs non-hunger before I ate – yep!
- Eat mindfully, enjoying every bite – credit!
- Give credit throughout the day for every positive eating behavior – yep!
- Tolerated non-hunger without eating – credit!
- Read the pink book – yep!
- Used resistance techniques – credit!
- I posted here – yes!

The Bad, and the Ugly
- Spontaneous exercise – nope

Beverlyjoy Ouch for 2 pieces of cake! But how nice your neighbors did that. It’ll be a nice memory up until the eating part. Oh but steamed ginger sea bass – yum! That’ll be a delicious meal with no residual guilt! BTW: ‘Happy Birthday!’

gardenerjoy Good luck finding the right diet. I don’t think you can actually start the diet for a couple of weeks (if you follow the book), so you have some time for the DASH book to come in…

Erika (eusebius) Sounds like a grand day with the talented violinist! Kudos for staying op when you are so busy.

shepherdess I was able to run my summer route yesterday. – How lovely! Wow – reaching your goal weight – that is so cool!! You’ve worked hard to get here. I think you are right to enjoy your weight for a while, and push off the decision to lose anymore weight until later.

You give me hope that it’s possible to get to my goal weight – most of the time I don’t really believe I’ll be able to do it…

CeeJay Bravo! For a great day – exercising when you didn’t want to, ordering a healthy lunch instead of a decadent one, and stopping at 3 Timbits. Any one of these is great, doing all 3 is impressive!

one by one that you are so tired. And Kudos for recognizing that it’s a time in your life to have a goal of maintaining, rather than losing weight. Sometimes doing the extra it takes to lose weight is just too much, and it’s good to have some good practice at maintaining. It is time well spent.

Bill Kudos for using ‘hunger is not an emergency’ for your conference call.

seadwaters and hope you beat the tiredness. Take care of yourself…
Old 03-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #52  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 149/128/123(next goal)

Height: 4'11"

Default Day 6: Find a Diet Coach

Coaches/Buddies:
Here I am, back from another little hiatus. I've been thinking about why I've been struggling at this point with moving forward. I know there's a couple of things coming down the road that I'm anxious about. One of them is weighing. I haven't weighed myself in probably about a month and I'm scared of what that's going to be like... what will the # be and how will I react to it. I know the Response Card for weighing (that's one I've read pretty regularly in the past), but I'm not sure that reading the Response Card is going to cut it completely. As much as I'm anxious about it, I do know that starting to weigh on a regular basis again will be very helpful and probably motivating. I think the unknown with that one is the worst.

The other, even bigger task I'm concerned about is the planning. I think it boils down to two main reasons for me. #1 is the fact that I struggle with organization in my life completely unrelated to exercise, diet, etc. My first nemesis in life is my weight/eating issues and the second is lack of organization. I've struggled with both since childhood and they are (not surprisingly), very intertwined. When one is going well, the other seems to follow and of course, vice versa applies too So planning for my Beck program on a daily basis is a HUGE hurdle... it means I need to get my act together. If I manage to accomplish that, they I've overcome my two biggest "problems" in my life... it's unbelievable to realize the fear that comes with that notion. It's just so foreign to me. Ugh.... I need to push through this fear! I've made it through much more difficult and scarier things in the past couple of years, I can make it through this too.

Oh and #2 in my resistance to planning is about planning exactly what I'm going to eat, etc. The "diet" I plan to follow is simply calories in vs. calories out. I have a Gowear Fit system that allows me to monitor very accurately all the calories I expend at any given time and I then use their web-based software to keep track of what I eat. It's the program I used successfully last year to lose 25 lbs. I kind of had a general idea of what I was going to eat, but I also made decisions based on how many calories I had left at the end of the day, etc. Or, if someone brought some type of treat to work one day and I decided it was worth eating it, I would. I would calculate for it and then either eat less or work out more later that day. But now that I'm trying to follow the Beck program to the letter, I know that this won't fly. I'm scared of that. So, I've got a ton of sabotaging thoughts and I just need to keep working to fight them. That's where I am right now and I believe why I got stuck on Day 5.

The good news is, I've continued with my good habits during my little hiatus. I've continued to read my Advantages (on my phone), eat only when sitting down (I think I've only slipped on this twice and once was to taste something I was cooking) eating slowly and mindfully and giving myself credit. With each day that passes that I haven't checked in here, those habits feel as if they're about to slip through my fingers though. So, it's good to be back.

Find a Diet Coach

I'll ask 3FC Beck Diet For Life Members to be my diet coach.

I unfortunately, just don't feel comfortable asking anyone else in my life to be my coach. Although my boyfriend (I'm going to share his name so I can stop referring to him as "my boyfriend"- Jim) would be happy to help me and probably very supportive, I don't want to introduce that into our relationship. I kind of feel like it's a parent teaching a child to drive- just not enough separation there and too much potential for issues. This group of course has been a tremendous support to me in the past. I believe it's just as good (better, really) support than I would receive from most IRL (in-real-life) people. The one aspect it's missing though is the accountability of someone checking on me and not letting me disappear for days/weeks at a time. So, as I was typing this, I came up with an idea I thought I'd try. Is there anyone in this group that would be interested in some type of daily exchange to check in with each other? Maybe just a quick email-- "Did you post to the group yet today?", "How's your day going?", etc.
I would really like to find someone who is very committed to this program and I too would take my commitment to you very seriously. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM and we can discuss it and see if we're a good match.

If anyone would like to comment, I'd be curious to know how many of you have IRL coaches, what relation they are to you, how often you check in with them, etc.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:13 AM   #53  
Green Tomatoes

Day 3: Eat Sitting Down
I rephrased my response card for this to something more like an affirmation: I sit down when I eat because I enjoy my food more that way. One of the advantages of starting Beck over again is that I know, from experience, that this is absolutely true for me.
I'm also putting this in my responses as something of mantra: Wash it off! Because my continuing problem in the arena of eating only when seated is wanting to lick the spoon that I've been using during food preparation.

Japanese restaurant for lunch yesterday, so I didn't weigh myself this morning.

WI: N/A kg, Exercise: +30, 225/1550 minutes for March, Food: op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

hikergirl: glad that all is well!

eusebius: good job on staying within points during a busy but satisfying day!

Beverlyjoy: kudos for getting rid of the cake! That's a hard one but so affirming for your new way of living!

Shepherdess: Yay! Yay! Yay! and Hooray! for goal weight. It is a cause for celebration!

CeeJay: good job catching yourself on the mindless eating and on choosing the salad at lunch!

onebyone: I'm with you on the sugar cravings. I'd describe in detail, but it might trigger someone else's cravings, so I'll restrain myself! But it's real frustrating, especially when we've both had good days in recent memories, to have sugar cravings multiple times a day!

BillBlueEyes: good job not using food as a break from a meeting and for crediting your self twice in two days (deservedly) for saving salmon from supper.

seadwaters: glad your on the food plan and working out other things. You have a lot going on!

Beverlyjoy: Enjoy your birthday dinner and your steamed ginger sea bass!

ChinaMaine: I'm taking notes on the half sandwich idea...Thanks!

bennyhannahmama: Me! Me! Me! I, too, have the same issues. No one IRL seems quite right for a coach for me. And this group is great, but it's not quite enough accountability, since it's easy to be not noticed if I don't post. I'd be happy to swap quick daily emails to encourage each other to post. I'll send you a private message with my email.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #54  

Hi again-

Thanks again for the nice birthday wishes.

bennyhannamama - I think planning can be challenging - I always make my plan is the morning. I know it's suppose to be the night before - but, that really works for me. If you can push yourself to write it down - it is very 'freeing' in a sense - you don't have to think about food until it's time to eat. I am a calorie counter too. Kudos for reading your arc and the other things you've been doing! I can see why you don't want your boyfriend as a coach. He can be supportive from the outside. We can be your coach. But, you have to be willing to say what you need to say here...if you are struggling or need help or cheering on.

gardenjoy - I rephrased my response card for this to something more like an affirmation: I sit down when I eat because I enjoy my food more that way - I have done that too on many of my response cards - I use the word health and food plan and life style, etc - in place of the word diet. Affirmations are good and positive.

Chinamarie - good for you, editing your soup and sandwich to work better in your plan! SO MANY great credits - you are doing it, friend.

Bill - good for you....pushing through a long meeting without a break for lunch - it's nice that you can pull 'hunger is not an emergency' out of your back pocket to help you get through. However, it's too bad you couldn't get a break in general during this long meeting.

seadwaters - glad you can catch up on some sleep. Good idea - planning for what you want to be doing. I agree...it helps.

onebyone - hooray for losing 24 pounds!!! and having many credits. It's an interesting question - resisting sugar more easily than food in general. It isn't easy to come here and say that your are struggling - but, glad you did. Planning the food for the day is so helpful to me. I think delayed gratification is like knowing that food is not an emergency.

ceejay - good job on exercsing when you really didn't feel like and resisting food at lunch and at work.

shepardess - thanks for your good incite into the birthday cake and my not resisting. It makes good sense.

CONGRATS ON REACHING YOUR GOAL!!! That is an amazing and wonderful accomplishment. GREAT.

Shout out to silverbirch and eusbuise and anyone else stopping by to read.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-05-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #55  

Height: 5'6"

Eusibus - What a wonderful day for you. You were a part of someone elses success and you stayed on track with your eating.

Beverlyjoy – You were made of steel yesterday 

Shepherdess – Congratulations on achieving your goal. Wow, what an aware and insightful post. You know yourself so well. I respect that.

Silverbirch – thank you for the good wishes to those experiencing loss or changes

Ceejay – Sounds like you are “in the zone”

Onebyone – Good luck with your weigh in.

Billblueeyes- Credit to you for staying centred with the eating after your virtual meeting.. Your post regarding the weigh-ins…The Complete Beck Diet for Life wants us to weigh in daily. In the past this has not been a good thing for me to do because of weigh fluctuatioins etc. I have found this go around that it really is starting my day reminding me of what I am trying to do and I really am just viewing the numbers as information and not a judge of “goodness or badness” (that is my big bug-a-boo). My weight has been going up every day for the last 3 days but I know that I have been eating sensibly…so, I view it as information because I am so thrilled with my eating sensibly (and I so desperately want to “nourish” (eat sensibly) myself)

Seedwaters – Congratulations for an “on plan day”

Beverlyjoy – a big congratulations for an “on plan day” after an off plan day

Chinamaine – Congratulations on a having a good day.

Bennyhama – A big, big, big “hats off to you” for continuing with your new habits during your hiatus. A big, big, “hat off to you” for the awareness to catch yourself now rather than later….that is very difficult to do. I do not have an In Real Life Coach. They would not be able to relate or “get” what my issues are. They are great friends but that do not have the same issues with food that I have. This thread is the place for me because I can relate to so much of what everyone is writing.. I started with this thread last year around this time and then lost my way. I found my way back about 12 days ago. What an insightful post.

Gardenerjoy – Congratulations for revisiting challenges and coming up with different ways of addressing them.

All is well with me....
Susan
Old 03-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

I had some post-run, off-plan chip snacking that got out of hand yesterday. They were visible and my thought was, “I just ran; I deserve this.” This is the same mentality that kept me from being slim despite years of regular running. So clearly I still need to work on those Beck strategies. The plan for today is in place.

Beverlyjoy, great job tossing all the food you don’t need around. I’m laughing at the idea of dousing a cake with dish soap. Your planned birthday celebration sounds great. Kudos for planning something wonderful and healthy.

SilverBirch, thanks for the reminder to do weights. I was doing them regularly, and loving them, but it fell by the wayside last month when things got busy. No excuse now, I just need to do them again.

CeeJay, great job getting your exercise—especially doing the weights, even though you didn’t want to. I know all about that auto-pilot eating, but great job keeping it minimal. Kudos for ordering something healthy, even when your lunch date was not.

Onebyone, sorry for all the frustration, but good job seeing the light at the end of the rainbow (I’m stealing a friend’s line). For me, cravings tend to be cyclical. I can go along, not even thinking about off plan food, then suddenly, it’s all I can think about. Just thinking about maintenance when things get tough is a good strategy—it keeps expectations to something manageable. Good luck with all of that and be sure to give yourself credit for all you are doing well—that 50% or good food choices deserves credit.

BillBE, laughing at your description of your virtual meeting. Great job maintaining sanity while missing lunch and sitting through the meeting. Glad you had something to look forward to afterwards. Thank you for the reminder to “Persist in victory.”

Seadwaters, great job doing all the planning and sticking to your plan despite exhaustion. Crossing my fingers that you will have Sunday for yourself—you deserve it!

ChinaMaine, your lower-calorie, but just-as-satisfying lunch sounds fantastic. I have some meals that need a similar makeover. Yay for getting in your exercise!

Bennyhannamamma, I understand struggling with organization. The good news is, you don’t have to tackle organization in every aspect of your life, just the eating part. I keep hoping my food organization will spill into other areas of my life, but that hasn’t happened yet. Good job keeping up your good habits even while having a hiatus.

Gardenerjoy, I liked your positive eating while sitting card. Great job putting such a good spin on a good habit.

Hikegirl, you have such a great attitude towards weigh-ins. I’m still struggling with weight as information, no as a judgment. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:37 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Happy Weekend!!!!

onebyone-sending you a big hug. I think you are wise to go into maintenance mode if you feel you need to. That way you keep practising your Beck skills.

BillBlueEyes-credit for holding off on lunch and not eating the furniture. Timbits are donut holes sold at Tim Horton's- a major coffee chain in Canada. A Denver is basically a fried egg and green onion sandwich usually ordered with cheese on it too. Around here they use 3 pieces of bread with 2 layers of egg and lots of butter. Definitely not on my plan these days.

seadwaters- hope you find more energy this weekend.

Beverlyjoy-yay for a healthy day yesterday. Enjoy your dinner out.

ChinaMaine-your list of credits is always impressive.

bennyhannahmama-this group is better than a coach in "real life" for me. There is no one I would want to discuss this with every day. To me that would take a friendship in a very strange direction. This group for me is much more comfortable. People here know pretty much what I am going through and offer much better advice than anyone in my life could about this issue because I don't know anyone with as big as a weight issue as I have. Certainly don't know anyone who has lost the kind of weight I need to lose. The other thing for me is I never discuss my weight issues with anyone. I cringe and find a way out when people start talking about anything near weight. This group is a first for me on many levels.

gardenerjoy- I like your re-wording for eating while sitting down-- much more positive--- I need to re-frame eating slowly as a positive.

hikergirl- I read The Complete Beck Diet for Life first and began weighing in daily. This is the first time I have done this as a routine. It has been a help for me, because I fluctuate a lot and if I weigh in weekly and hit a big upward fluctuation I can't help but be very discouraged.

Shepherdess-sorry about the chips. Oh well...you have a plan for today.

For me today- another good one. A day at the office where I actually managed to take off an hour early.

Credit for:

weighing in
eating on plan
walking 30 minutes with my mom
about to read response and advantage cards
checking in here
planning tomorrow

Old 03-05-2010, 10:27 PM   #58  
Practicing Imperfection

Hi All,
Just back from setting up our craft show booth, and credit for not getting snacks on the way home while exhausted. Tracked food, credit. Walked 5000+ steps. Only one small snack at work today instead of foraging more frequently, credit. Tomorrow and Sunday will be at the craft show, and the volunteers bring a pastry cart around first thing, so I need to make a plan for what I will do! Well, I should head off to bed.
Have a good night!
Old 03-06-2010, 06:46 AM   #59  

Hi Beck folks, coaches, buddies!

Yesterday was a healthy day - I am so grateful. We went out with my mom and our very favorite aunt and they treated for a bd dinner. I had my steamed ginger sea bass and had enough bring it home for today's lunch. YAY My mom and aunt love getting to see each other - so it was extra good. Today we are getting together with our old neighbors/friends. They have a March birthday too and so we are going out for dinner. I don't have a clue where we will go to eat - we'll decide when they get to our house. So in my plan - I have written - protein, veggies, starch. That's as good as it can get for now.

Credits
ate healthy at the restaurant
no seconds, fork down, no seconds
working on feeling fullness
said Oh well a few times
read arc/rc one time
left one bite from each meal and snack
mindful/ slow eating - some of the time
planned food, logged food eaten

working on
exercise (back ache )
spontaneous exercise
reading Beck book - I need to move forward

nuxmage - kudo's for getting though the craft show so well. That is great. Also - thinking about your plan to get through the rest is so helpful. Carry on!

ceejay - hooray for getting out of work early and having a good day living with food.

shepardess - I can so relate to that discussion in our head when we want something!! Well - glad it's over. You talked about here now - just move forward. Glad you have a plan - I know that will help.

hikergirl - Hi!! All is well with me.... : - so glad to hear this. Have a great day!

Shout out and hello to anyone that stops by!

PS - I miss my ticker - hope they get it fixed soon!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-06-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:43 AM   #60  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Saturday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Nominal on-plan day; nominal CREDIT moi. The food pusher at work arrived at a meeting with his dark chocolate covered coffee beans. I was tempted, then had a sane moment and realized that I didn't want a few, I wanted the whole bag. Took that as a signal that it probably wasn't hunger I was feeling, LOL. CREDIT moi for telling myself, NO CHOICE.

ChinaMaine - Neat that you executed your half-sandwich plan. And Kudos for getting back into reading the Pink Book.

Susan (hikergirl) - Yay for all is well. Neat to get scale readings to being just numbers.

Kim (bennyhannamama) - Hiatus come and Hiatus go; it's always about getting back on track. Kudos for continuing your good habits; sounds like they're becoming, well . . ., habits.

Margaret (Nuxmaga) - Good luck with sales at your craft show this weekend. And good luck with that pastry cart.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Absolutely amazing how strong that desire to lick the spoon is. Kudos for countering it. We opened our vegetable seed order a couple of days ago; could begin to feel the juices flowing. Come hither, Spring!

Shepherdess - Yep, the Sabotaging Thoughts are feeling a bit threatened by your success and are fighting back.

Beverlyjoy - Thrice, no less, since my last post. Kudos for planning then executing your "steamed ginger sea bass" and bringing some home. You've got a lot of birthday celebrating to stay on top of.

CeeJay - Yay for taking off an hour early. Ouch for that definition of a "Denver" - wish it didn't sound so good to me.

seadwaters - Ouch for working the weekend; will send you good vibes as I do the same.

Readers -
Quote:
day 21
The Numbers on the Scale

Think about the previous times when you've weighed yourself and felt unhappy. Does the following scenario seem familiar?
Situation: The scale shows a higher weight than you'd hoped to see.
|
v
Sabotaging Thought: I can't believe it. This is really terrible.
|
v
Emotion: Upset (angry, sad, demoralized, hopeless)
|
v
Behavior: Embark on a "bad eating day"

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 171.
Closed Thread