Old 01-02-2017, 10:17 AM   #1  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Default January 2017 Atkins life

Hello to all!

Happy January 2017 to you all! May this be the best year ever for us all!

I started this thread for any purpose you wish. I am tracking my weight loss, but you can keep track of your food, menu or just to come and chat. Come join in!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:19 AM   #2  
Sue finding inner song

I know I can do this.. I just need to stick with it as it WORKS (worked for me as I had lost 111 lbs a year and a half ago so I KNOW I can DO IT!) yeppers

January goal is to lose 10 lbs (at least)

1/2 313.2 I have to lose a bit this week as I am going to Disney on Sunday and would like to fit in a few rides!
Old 01-02-2017, 11:06 AM   #3  
Sue finding inner song

KayG.. Welcome to you! I am very happy to meet you!

Caffeine is a toughy! I drink icetea and am doing 1/2 caffeinated 1/2 non... can't wait til the headaches come..lololol but then we know its working! Have a terrific day!
Old 01-03-2017, 07:41 AM   #4  
Sue finding inner song

Hello and Good Morning all! Day 2 I did very well yesterday and stayed on plan... only misstep was that I had 1 teaspoon of ketchup and that will be going bye bye in the garbage today! I lost .2 and that is aok! It is going in the right direction and if it was later in the day it would be more.

I hope Kay that you had a great day yesterday! and anyone else who will join us.

I have all my meals for the week ready (love preplanning) Boars head Turkey and Provolone cheese (1/2 oz) w/full fat mayo roll ups for the week and salad (I am not a vegetable person at all... sad to say) items ready for dinner..

My wish is to just make it thru today... just 1 day... I will and can do it! (YEP!)

Happy day all!
Old 01-03-2017, 06:41 PM   #5  
Sue finding inner song

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayG View Post
Morning!

Way to go Sue on your good day yesterday!!!

I had a good 2nd day. I missed the coffee (more the ritual, probably), but not the calories in the cream! I got in lots of water though which had me running.

Have a great one!

Good for you Kay I too am trying to drink more water than tea... So far today 50/50 of each I hope your day 3 has been a breeze!
Old 01-04-2017, 07:21 AM   #6  
Sue finding inner song

Yehaw... the 2nd day of induction and down 2.2 lbs overnight! 310.8 LOVELY .. mostly water.. but that is okay.. My feet look alot better and the fog in my brain is starting to disappear which is wonderful. I would like to be 307 or less by Sunday (my Disney World day) and walking around that day will make the scale on Monday happy too!

Happy Wednesday to you all! I hope it is not too cold by you.. We are in the 80's here.. but the fronts are coming. High in Orlando (Disney) on Sunday will be in the 50's EYK! lolol
Old 01-04-2017, 05:58 PM   #7  
Sue finding inner song

Hello Kay, Ohh in the Panhandle you do get the actual seasons... We usually only get about 5 days of 40's (lows) and that is about it. Anything lower or longer term kills the palm trees.. Disney should be less crowded too when it is so cool That I AM thankful for

Oh those darn Hormones... they do wreck havoc don't they... But that just means you will have a happy surprise showing on the scale in a few days I am sure about that! Good for you for keeping on track and even counting calories. Counting carbs are about it for me.

I hope you had a terrific and easy day Kay and everyone!
Old 01-05-2017, 07:32 AM   #8  
Sue finding inner song

Well my scale helped with the smile on my face! I am down another 1.4 lbs to 309 flat!.. Oh one less 10's** to worry about! Now to work to getting to Twoderland! Yep... by 2/1 is my goal

I was on plan all day yesterday and only had 1 tsp ketchup and have to kick that habit! lololol but still stayed under 21 carbs (19 yesterday) Oh my feet ... I can see them again and they are not swollen up over my shoes! Such a nice sight! But now I hope to lose enough to have them stop aching (even the Glucosomine/Chondrotin I take isn't working as well yet ... maybe add an extra 1/2 a pill..

But ANYWAY I am lighter today than I was yesterday!! and that makes me smile just writing that!

Have a great day all and Kay, may you have a terrific day!
Old 01-05-2017, 08:23 AM   #9  

hello all. I am new here, hoping i can join. on day two of induction. I have been on every diet in the world, in the past atkins is the only thing that worked for me. Not too sure what the difference is between keto diet and atkins, everyone is talking about keto lately and not atkins.
cachvela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:20 PM   #10  
Sue finding inner song

Hello and Cachvela may your 3rd day of induction be a breeze!

I don't know much about the Keto plan... tho it seems like most diets are steering people away from flours and sugars I know in the case of Atkins (and you experienced it too) that it works... I made it 18 months and lost 111 lbs and then changes in life (job, friend died, stress, etc) and I don't handle change well.. so that is why I go back to the plan that works/worked for me

I wish us all easy days and a very silent little voice in our head

Kay I do have a bottle of the low sugar ketchup and saw it on top of my fridge... THANK YOU for the reminder. Hormones.. I was lucky as I started missing TOM 14 years ago and did not have any flashes (until I lost weight LOLOLOL) but they are one of the biggest things that control our bodies tho. (taking alot of vitamin D3 these days). I hope that the good feeling days are soon!

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings
Old 01-06-2017, 07:16 AM   #11  
Sue finding inner song

Good Morning Kay (and Happy Friday). That 4 lb loss is wonderful! Congratulations! and I get what you are saying... It used to be that I would lose 10+ lbs in a week on my first week of Atkins eating... wellllll now that I am older (58) it does not come off as fast. Even 4 years ago when I had started my previous journey, I only lost 6 lbs the first week ( started alittle higher than I started this time). That is what hormones do. Myself, I have slowed down. I don't move as much as I did when I was in my 30's and 40's and that is part of my problem. But still even .2 off (in my head) is better than nothing and still has me weighing less than the day before. But I understand the frustration! Yours will come off... oh it will. January 31st... just wait to see how much less you (and I ) will weigh! We will smile!

Happy Friday all! Cool day here (in the low 50's and no I am not rubbing it in... South Fla here and I grew up in Chicago.. so I know cold!lolololol) and may your day be "cool" and full of laughs!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 01-06-2017 at 07:18 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:30 AM   #12  
Sue finding inner song

Good Morning Kay. EYK the 20's and teens. I can only remember 1 night in the 20's here in PSL... long time ago.. (But remember A WHOLE bunch of -#s up in Chicago my first 29 years! lolol) The front is still north of me.. and looks to be coming thru around 1-2 today (Saturday) and then upper 40's tonight and low 60's high tomorrow... THO Disney will be a high of 52 and THAT is coooooolllllddddd to this thinned blooded girl even with all my insulation! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Let me know how upping the calories works, as I know our bodies have different set points for starving and loosing, so I will be happy to see that it works for you! )))))))

Have a terrific day and may the SUN come out and shine on you!

ME- down with the icicle lights (lots of ladder climbing) and garage organization (this will burn cals! lol) and Walmart shopping (water / eggs /Chicken) for lunches for the week at work
Old 01-07-2017, 11:41 AM   #13  
Sue finding inner song

I have been sticking really good to Atkins 2002

yesterday

Breakfast 1 egg, 2 sausage links 1 slice Cheddar cheese
lunch 6 oz Turkey and 2 oz Prov cheese roll ups with Mayo
snack - 8 almonds
dinner 1 1/2 cup Romaine, 2 oz turkey, 2 slices bacon, 1 oz Cheddar cheese, 2 tbs of Ranch dressing

I am going to make the Buffalo Chicken recipe for my lunches next week. love the kick of flavor from the hot sauce
Old 01-09-2017, 10:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Re-starting my Atkins today. So far I have had.... coffee! lol
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:48 PM   #15  
Sue finding inner song

Welcome Neko to our thread. Very glad to have you join us

Hello Kay... I had written 3 posts to this thread this morning and just as I was finishing BAM it disappeared. I sure do want to see what key strokes cause that LOLOLOL drives me WackaDoodle! lololol
I have eaten spinach in my salads as long as its raw (tho alittle earthy tasting for me).. but not cooked I know it is really good for you (iron) and has alot of fiber. But besides lettuces and green beans I am a Veggie desert

I hope you did not get too cold.. It was very chilly here (tho just low 40's Saturday night) Disney was in the 30's when we got up there Sunday morning.. but the air was so dry that the colors of the Magic Kingdom just exploded in your eyes with clearness and brightness. I love days like that! I also was very good eating up there.. My friends stopped right away in the Confectioners right on Main Street and bought cookies/ M & M's and flavored popcorn... I looked and walked out the door empty handed (and I LOVE their Huge cookies) I had nachos for lunch and just added extra lettuce and sour cream and had a salad All in all a great day of FUN and walking lolol (tho the poor babies were not happy being so cold) and my large backside had a hard time getting in and out of the tea cups... BUT I know that this is the worse it will ever be for me at Disney!

Happy Monday too all and may the scale smile at you tomorrow!