Old 07-05-2016, 04:34 PM   #16  
Ready for a win

S/C/G: 250/213.5/130

Height: 5'2"

I hop you all had a great holiday too!

Food-wise this weekend was a terrible wash for me. I didn't even weigh myself today because I might cry.

I know we can do this, really. I like having you all here, I have never actually tried to keep myself accountable before. I feel like if wrote what actually ate this weekend it should be in the binge thread

BUT today is a new day!! So far so good!!
erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:55 AM   #17  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 300/300/160

Height: 5'5"

Oh Erin (hugs)!

Yeah, it's tough right now! You are SO CLOSE to 100 something. Embrace that. FOCUS on that!! Eat right - you can do this!!

I, however, am having a hard time. So you go do it and I'll be inspired. Or something like that....
justfortoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:26 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Don't worry about yesterday! You can only change the choices you make in the future. One bite at a time!!

Induction is going very well for me. Today is day 11, and I'm down a total of 7.2lbs. My body absolutely loves low carb, so I'm one of those fortunate ones who doesn't experience "atikins flu" at all, in fact, I usually feel better from day 1. I found these delicious hamburger patties at my local Kroger. They are called Supreme Bacon & Monteray Jack burgers, and are freakin' delicious. Tonight I'm cooking some bacon and onion garnished pork chops with fresh broccoli. I love this diet!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:22 PM   #19  
one day at a time

Good job Monte! I get a headache, but not much more than that. I know some people hurt from the Atkins flu. I have to get my crap together and just do it. I'm such a wuss.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:48 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 172/163/135

Hello!

I'm also just starting Atkins. I'm having trouble though. On day 11, I'm only down 3 pounds and 1 inch around my waist.

I'm pretty disappointed considering that I have stayed under 20 NC each day. I know there's plenty of stuff that I'm probably doing wrong though. Last week, I ate a pound of cheese in one day (I was still in ravenous mode), and that definitely stalled my weight loss. Also, I'm in medical school, so caffeine is hard to kick. Limiting myself to 1-2 cups of coffee a day is a tall order.

I have also had trouble getting the right composition of NC. My veggie consumption is lackluster (5-8 NC per day) so I try to make it up with psyllium...so gross! I also eat too many of those Atkins bars. I read on this forum that even though the packaging says suitable for all phases, that it actually isn't suitable for induction? Have you all heard that? If so, I'm crushed

So this week I'm starting hardcore mode: 1) no more diet sodas, 2) less than 1800 calories a day, 3) limit to 1 Atkins bar per day, and 4) exercise at least every other day. I'm not going to limit my coffee just yet since I get hardcore Atkins flu...the first few days, I was sleeping 15-20 hours per day. Coffee is the only thing that keeps me going (albeit at a snail's pace).

I'd love to join y'all on your journeys! Just to tell you a little about me, I am recently married (6 months as of last Friday) and I gained 10 pounds since. This is on top of the 10 pounds I gained while studying for my licensing exam, which is on top of the 15 pounds I gained after undergrad. I need to nip this trend in the bud before it gets really bad.
pochacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 04:22 AM   #21  
one day at a time

Dude...you're expecting A LOT from yourself. I'm working on my doctorate - that's a FAR CRY from medical school!!

Having said that - the Atkins bars WILL stall you - at least they do for me. AGO - I used to drink a crap ton of caffeine - no biggee, just make sure you're not taking in too much sugar. Obvi - too much cheese is bad. You got this!!
Old 07-19-2016, 07:19 AM   #22  
300+ Chick

I feel your pain,justfortoday, 2 years ago,developed sciatica..worst ever...now still dealing pain on butt. Had tried chiropractor,physical therapy,nothing worked.now taking Advil and pain meds for pain.walking helps as well. I can not bend.

I think low carb lifestyle helps...as well quitting smoking. I will be 50 next year..and this weight must go!!

Liliann
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:33 AM   #23  

Hi pochocco! I don't know a single person who's done Atkins that didn't get stalled by the branded products. I know it's hard, especially if you are doing something as time consuming as medical school, but eating food as natural as possible seems to work a lot better. It takes more planning ahead of time, but you will see better results. Like Justfortoday said, I've never had a problem with caffeine. Diet sodas, yes, but not caffeine as I can drink all the tea I want without it affecting my weight loss.

Congrats on your marriage!
Old 07-20-2016, 03:32 PM   #24  

So glad to have some people for support! Given what y'all have said, I'll just put those Atkins bars in storage for when I'm off of induction...whenever that is. How long do y'all plan on staying in induction? I was thinking until I was down to 140-145, but I don't know if that's reasonable. I honestly don't mind induction anymore though...

I did some reading and it seems like the aspartame specifically in diet sodas is what makes it the devil; have any of you tried diet sodas sweetened with sucralose/Splenda? If so, have those stalled you?
Old 07-20-2016, 04:15 PM   #25  

I don't really have a plan as to when I'll get off induction. I don't like to be too rigid, or I'll start to rebel against myself. So as long as it is working and I don't feel too deprived I'll stick to it. Though it must be admitted that I do allow myself a tiny little cheat every two weeks. :O
Old 07-30-2016, 02:57 AM   #26  
one day at a time

My weakness is alcohol. It stalls me EVERY time. I can take Atkins shakes with no problem, but the bars stall me. HOWEVER, I'd rather eat a bar rather than going completely off. OR you could eat pure dark chocolate - 70 - 80%. It's rough, but still hits the spot. I try not to cheat, but yeah - alcohol is evil. Just sayin.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:34 AM   #27  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

You will experience more success if you cut out alcohol, Atkins shakes, Atkins bars, etc products. If you eat Atkins clean the way it was originally intended you will see results.
shan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:45 PM   #28  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Hi Fellow Atkins Peeps - anyone around on this board anymore? It surely had some momentum but it looks like that may have stopped.. Hopefully not.

Re-started Atkins on 7/23/16 and still going strong. I drank diet soda and Atkins shakes (1x/day) and from what I have been reading, I'll need to cut that out completely so I have. The shakes are so convenient so that sort of bums me out. The first time I started Atkins in the beginning of the summer, I lost 4lbs in the first two weeks and then gained it back. Not by cheating but simply by not double checking labels. So, this time, I've armed myself with all of the books and the website and I'm going full force. I'm scared to step on the scale as I don't want to be sad if I don't have a big loss. I read somewhere that weighing in once a month is fine but I think I'll weigh on the bi-weekly.

How's everyone feeling?
KareVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:40 PM   #29  

Doing well except I have stalled out a bit after losing 10 pounds over 6 weeks. I need to stop with the alcohol and cheesecake substitute haha.

Diet sodas were really messing with my progress, but I figured out its the aspartame that screws me up. I found some sodas (diet Hansens, soda stream) that were sweetened with sucralose/Splenda instead of aspartame, and those seem to work just fine. As for the Atkins shakes, premier protein makes shakes that are low carb and sweetened with sucralose; maybe those would be a good alternative? I'm not familiar with the Atkins shakes so I'm not sure.

I don't know where everyone else went, but I'm still here
Old 08-18-2016, 01:56 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 306/301/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone!! I'll jump in too, if you don't mind. @Ohio Dreamer - I see you are also from SE Ohio. Cool!! If anyone wants to chat, please PM me. I'm online everyday!
Pinkhorseofcourse is offline   Reply With Quote