Old 04-06-2015, 02:23 PM   #1  
PCOS and Tuesday weigher!

S/C/G: 288/295/175ish?

Height: 5ft4

Default Induction confusion - Atkins NDR

I'd really appreciate some help! I bought the e-book of Atkins - New Diet Revolution (orange cover if that helps). It was listed as being published in 2002 but once I actually bought it the inside cover said 2003.

Anyway I've read the whole thing and part of the induction guidelines don't make sense to me. Maybe you folks can help me out. This is in the induction chapter.

On one page it says not to eat more than 9oz acceptable salads per day or 6oz acceptable salads + 3oz other acceptable veggies (it gives a list). Then a couple of pages on it says 8-12oz acceptable salads + 5-7oz of other acceptable veggies if salads don't go over 8oz. So which is it?!

I can add screenshots of the pages if that's allowed. They're within a page or two of each other in the Induction chapter and I can't figure out the discrepancy.
knoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:07 PM   #2  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

The key to induction is to not eat more than 20g of carbs a day... mostly from salad greens and/or veggies from the acceptable list... so about 3 cups loosely packed salad greens or 2 cups salad green and 1 cup other vegetables... Just keep your carbs to no more than 20g a day and don't eat anything that is not allowed... and you'll be fine.
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:48 AM   #3  

12-15 net carbs must come from foundation vegetables. The others come from things like sweeters, cheese, etc.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 03:26 PM   #4  
PCOS and Tuesday weigher!

S/C/G: 288/295/175ish?

Height: 5ft4

Thanks for the replies - I've read the whole book but parts of it contradict other parts which is why I asked. I googled and apparently some of the e-books are poor quality so I've ordered a paper copy of one of the old paper editions on amazon. Hopefully that'll be mistake free!
knoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

knoxie the Atkins web page at this url is very informative.

http://www.atkins.com/how-it-works/atkins-20/phase-1
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:05 PM   #6  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

I got this great book at the library that was written in 2013.
The new Atkins made easy by Colette Heimowitz. Also checked out her Atkins cookbook too. Both are excellent!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote