Old 07-09-2014, 08:13 AM   #46  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Scale going backwards = grumpy mind Boooo!

and I was doing so well... grrrrr I am on plan tho so it will eventually come off.. Just must be the sodium again.. again .... again..

Monte..Thank you for the reminder of weighing and not just eye balling food. Sometimes I forget to check that too.. tho never with veggies (I don't eat too much of those LOL)

Sum... That whoosh fairy LOVES you! and I am so glad...

Littlebumblebee - Cutting most carbs is a shock to our system and body.. but your body will adjust and it will be HAPPIER and you will feel alot more energy! you are doing Great!

Fleur - Hope you find Veggies or amounts that work for you... (I had posted earlier)

Pixi... Loss of water today? I Betcha you did!!!

Me Up .. Up really? GRRRRRRR .. tho... I have found that I "evacuate" after I weigh in and after my shower.. I wish I was like Sheldon on Big Bang and had a set time for Evacuation every day LOLOLOL

SW 216.8
7/5 216.2 (I was 215 after my walk this morning )
7/6 215.4 (-1.2 total) WOW! love the WOOSH FAIRY!
7/7 216.0 (-.8 total) ok.. tomorrow it WILL be lower!
7/8 216/2 (-.6 total) I like the scale 2 days ago MUCH better! LOL
7/9 216.8 (-0-) I second what I said yesterday tho it was 3 days ago!

GW 205
UGW 199 (You just never know! )
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:31 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone!!!

Long time no see!!

Sum – Finland sounds great!!! I noticed your tag as well – Fat to Fab and Fit – I follow a Facebook page by the same name, is that yours?? Nice losses, good luck!
Lulu – I’m sure going off prednisone will be a big help! Good luck!
Frannie – woo hoo on setting your goal in onderland!! Good luck!! You’re doing great!
BumbleBee – good luck, you can do this!! And just FYI, the broth truly helped me out of that carb flu phase! But just from my experience, if that’s why you’re using it – don’t do low sodium. You need the salt at that point. And def get that water up, that’s crucial!
Sue – you are doing great, you are such an inspiration!
Wanna – 3lbs lost is 3lbs lost -- -there is a pic floating around FB about “I only lost 1 lb” and how much that actually is – it’s a big eye opener what loosing just a lb looks like!
Monte – great job! And love you’re including your dog! I just told mine last night he’s getting pudgy, time to take some walks with me! I have that same struggle sometimes eating to many veggie carbs – especially when I have cabbage!
Pixi – I usually weigh daily too, although I have slacked off recently b/c I keep battling the same 2 lbs and it’s getting frustrating lol
Fleur – You can also add a piece of meat (chicken, pork, etc) with your salad to help fill up. Also there is a TON of things you can do with cauliflower and it tastes nothing like it! Look up Loaded Cauliflower – OMG it is so good and you can do the same thing with broccoli. My daughter dips most of hers in ranch and then has no troubles eating it! Lol

Ok so I am joining this challenge – I have had a goal all along of being less than 300lbs by 08/31/2014, 298 to be specific. That will put me at 55lbs lost since starting Atkins on May 1, 2014.
I made my July 4th goal of 318.00 – was 316.6 on 7/4 but have been bouncing back and forth from 316-318 for days now. Honestly, I believe it’s because of two things: not eating enough – I’m barley getting 1000 calories a day and seriously slacking on my water averaging about 30 – 40 oz.

So in addition to the weight loss here are my other goals:
  • Drink a minimum of 80 oz of water a day
  • Eat a minimum of 1200 calories per day
  • Get back to tracking my foods in MFP
  • Stay on track with my daily 2 mile walk
  • Starting a 30 day exercise program with FitnessBlender today – stick with it!
SW: 317.4
GW: 298.0
Total lbs to lose: 19.4
Total Achieved: 0.0

07/09 317.4
Ali06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:33 AM   #48  

Sue - I just caught the reference to Sheldon HAHAH!! Yeah, me and you both sister! lol
Old 07-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Sw: 237.4
Gw: 225.0

7/7 - 237.2 (0.2 lost, 12.2 to go)
7/8 - 237.2 (0.2 lost, 12.2 to go)
7/9 - 236.0 (1.4 lost, 11.0 to go)
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

sw: 226.9
gw: 215
stretch goal: 210
7/04 - 226.9
7/05 - 228.7
7/06 - DNW
7/07 - 227.6
7/08 - 227.0
7/09 - 226.4

A new low is nice to see, but i felt super thirsty this morning so it may be from dehydration. Lots of water today!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:40 PM   #51  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

S/C/G: 205/181.5/145

Height: 5'5"

I guess I'm just finding a lot of difficulty in eating pretty much only veggies and meat... :/
FleurDeLis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #52  
Sue finding inner song

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurDeLis View Post
I guess I'm just finding a lot of difficulty in eating pretty much only veggies and meat... :/
Fleur.... Try some cream cheese.... I try Laughing Cow wedges sometimes... Taking little pinches of it at a time and licking it.. will fill you up as it is mostly fat... Or try some Macadamia nuts... a few will fill you... Try googling Fat Fast and you will read up on an author named Dana Carpender and she has alot of ideas that won't hurt induction... But just know.. right now with you hunger pangs.. its just your body being hungry and trying also to get you to eat sugar... Sneaky bodies we have. And.... if you withstand that hunger pang....or eat something on induction only.. then you have 1 less day that you will feel this way! and probably 1 less day in your life that you will have to eat this strictly!.... Its just 1 day. Hugs to you!
Old 07-10-2014, 04:38 AM   #53  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Grrrrr...The Whoosh Fairy left da house. I kinda pigged out on Tuesday night and scale shot up 3 pounds; that was expected, BUT... Wednesday was my fast day; I left the house early for my volunteer gig at the Finnish Center. On my way there I got a 12 oz coffee which I enjoyed. -- Once I got to the center, I realized that I had forgotten my water. My day was whirl wind. I literally had nothing to eat nor drink, except the coffee, all day (got home at 7:30 pm); I GAINED TWO POUNDS during the day! How is that mathematically possible?? I always retain water after my volunteer day; it must be because all the sitting I do, but to gain out of thin air, baffles me

I was so bummed out all night. -- But I did not over eat; I had a sensible dinner and a small snack.

Set backs happen, need to learn to roll with them Bodies can have minds of their own.

Hoping to get back down to 135.x in a few days.

Today DS has a baseball tournament about an hour away, eating will be off; may even eat out, depending what the team decides to do.

So I gained some bloat again Up and down
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:54 AM   #54  
Sue finding inner song

Sum.. oh me too! the woosh fairy left me 4 days ago and I have gained (even tho on plan and eating less than 1500 calories a day).. I wonder if its the Humidity??!!! tho others here are losing... Maybe it is the "fairy" trying to even out the gains and losses amongst us! But you know your water weight gain is gonna be short lived (Mine too) Put the brakes on and have a great time today in your life. That water WILL go away! and I still swear you will be at goal no later than mid August!

Ok.. I have had my brake foot on the ground for 2 days now (Tho I have walked LOL) so finally the brake foot put the pressure on and I stopped the creeping back up .. HOORAY NOW.. I am putting the gas peddle on to start going forward again... I HAVE TOO and WILL! Going to have to be really good at dinner tonight.. meeting my Jewelry making girlfrieds at Bonefish Grill.... Tho the Coconut Shrimp are 2 carbs per..... I can handle those without the raspberry HOT sauce!.. Bang Bang Shrimp tho... are calling my name and are cheaper.. but FULL OF Breading.. SO NOPE!

SW 216.8
7/5 216.2 (I was 215 after my walk this morning )
7/6 215.4 (-1.2 total) WOW! love the WOOSH FAIRY!
7/7 216.0 (-.8 total) ok.. tomorrow it WILL be lower!
7/8 216/2 (-.6 total) I like the scale 2 days ago MUCH better! LOL
7/9 216.8 (-0-) I second what I said yesterday tho it was 3 days ago!
7/10 216.8 same... okay... time to go back down!

GW 205
UGW 199 (You just never know! )
Old 07-10-2014, 09:27 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

sw: 226.9
gw: 215
stretch goal: 210
7/04 - 226.9
7/05 - 228.7
7/06 - DNW
7/07 - 227.6
7/08 - 227.0
7/09 - 226.4
7/10 - 227.2
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #56  

pixikat - Congrats on your new low!

Fleur - Like Sue said, I find cream cheese to be a great craving killer. I always keep some in the fridge, and I'll just eat an ounce if I'm having a craving for something. Settles me right down. Induction is pretty much limited to veggies and meat, but you that's only two weeks and then you can start slowly adding in new things. I added nuts this week...so awesome!

Sum - Crazy ups and downs are frustrating, but you know that you couldn't possibly have gained that much fat, so try not to worry. It will fall back away as inexplicably as it came.

Sue - I've found that sometimes when I'm stalled for a while, that having a "cheat" day helps. Not going all crazy and eating whatever you want, but upping my intake. So if I was eating 1500, I might have an 1800 day. That usually drops the scale (I have no idea why, but it works almost every time). Plus the recommended calories for women on atkins is 1500-1800, so you are pretty low as it is. Have fun with your friends, jewlery making sounds like a blast!

Not much going on with me. Glad that my weight is still going down pretty quick.

Sw: 237.4
Gw: 225.0

7/7 - 237.2 (0.2 lost, 12.2 to go)
7/8 - 237.2 (0.2 lost, 12.2 to go)
7/9 - 236.0 (1.4 lost, 11.0 to go)
7/10 - 235.6 (1.8 lost, 10.6 to go)
Old 07-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #57  
jessie

S/C/G: 274.6 / see ticker / 190

Height: 5'7"

I was bad all holiday so I avoided the scale, now back to the grind and keeping it real!!!

7/4 DNW
7/5 DNW
7/6 DNW
7/7 272.2
7/8 DNW
7/9 270.2
7/10 266.8
7/11 265.0

Last edited by jessiegreene; 07-11-2014 at 06:07 AM.
jessiegreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #58  

Today the scale stayed the same, and yesterday I ate less food than I had eaten the days prior this week. My hands are puffy, which means I am retaining water. I am going to start counting my cups of water. The good news is that since I added salt I am not feeling weak, but the bad news is that I am now retaining water. My diet is a constant trial and error, but I am learning.

Wannaskipandlaugh

Good for you for staying positive. You are on track and those pounds will eventually give up and go away. The numbers on my scale was the same as yesterday, and I know that I have been counting carbs and calories, and I am going to continue moving forward. Good Luck at dinner tonight, and have fun!

AliO6

I never would have believed that not eating enough food can slow down weightless until it happened to me. Once I was eating very low calories and the scale did not budge, until I was told that I needed to eat more to lose. Sure enough I increased my calories and started losing weight again.

MonteCristo

You are doing great.

Pixie

You are doing fantastic! We have to remember to drink our water and to stay hydrated. I have been sweating a lot lately due to the hot weather, and exercising.

FleurDeLis

Induction is only for 14 days and than you can choose some low carb foods to add to your diet.

Sum

You are exactly correct, our bodies have a mind of it's own. There are days when we can overeat and lose weight, and other days eat perfect and have a gain. It seems like our bodies are on some sort of delayed program. That it takes a few days for the scale to reflect our prior days of meals. Keep doing all the good things and the scale will match your hard work.

Jessiegreene

Holidays and special occasions can be fun, and than there is the reality afterwards when we have to get back on track with eating and exercising and do the hard work to get the good results.
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:02 PM   #59  

Glad to see all doing well I'll weigh tomorrow and hopefully will be seeing some downward movement!

I've been doing well with my water, excerecise, and calories. So... crossing fingers! lol

Fluer, don't be afraid to get a little creative too - google or go to pintrest if you have it, for some low carb reciepes - just be careful to make sure it's still induction friendly or something you can sub for induction friendly if need be.

Variety is the spice of life

Ive been on induction since 04/27/14 and it can get old lol - I do find myself in a rut from time to time, I think that's when the super low calories come in - but then I found the loaded caulfilower (which I love)....

My fav thing to eat on Atkins is something I call chicken mess lol, I know that's terrible sounding but.... I get a rotisserre chicken (homemeade or store bought) - shred the meat - sautee a few onions and mushrooms in butter, then put in the chicken, let it get a little browned - put it in a pile cover with cheese, bacon bits and olives - cover and let cheese melt - put on a plate with salsa (or we have even used pizza sauce) and if you choose, sour cream or even ranch.

I'm telling ya, i could eat that every day lol

Also - jalepno poppers --- cut the top off, then cut lengthwise in half, take out seeds and rinse fill with cream cheese, wrap in bacon - grill or roast in oven about 20 min ... I think 400 or 450 - just google it.

Make philly cheese steak just no bun

Linda's Low Carb has tons of reciepes -- I'll admit, I'm not a fan of the way she cooks - so I dress up a lot of stuff I get off her site, but great ideas. All ones with a * are induction friendly.

There are lots of ways you can make eating just veggies and meat more appealing - don't forget eggs, which are great - you can make quiches, etc.

You can do it!
Old 07-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #60  

Oh that chicken mess sounds yummy. I don't care for mushrooms or olives, but I bet peppers would be good. I may try it this weekend. And I second the poppers. So delicious.