Old 06-26-2014, 04:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 5'4

Default Help! Want to start a low cab/atkins like diet!

Does anyone have any advice on how to get started? I lost about 50 pounds on the ideal protein diet.....looking for something new. I'm kind of worried about gaining more weight in the first week, eating more fat. Any suggestions? Success stories?!

Thanks a ton!!!
texaschick0925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:22 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaschick0925 View Post
Does anyone have any advice on how to get started? I lost about 50 pounds on the ideal protein diet.....looking for something new. I'm kind of worried about gaining more weight in the first week, eating more fat. Any suggestions? Success stories?!

Thanks a ton!!!
If you are considering doing Atkins, I can't recommend reading the book (Dr. Atkins New Diet Revoluition 2002 or prior versions) enough BEFORE you attempt to do the plan so you know exactly how and why this works when its done correctly.
If you do it correctly, you won't need to worry that eating fat will make you gain
I've been doing Atkins for 10+ years and its a great plan!
You CAN do this!!
All the best to you!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 06-26-2014 at 05:50 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

My best suggestion is to never stress over or put any importance at all on the first two weeks of ANY diet or exercise change. When you change your activity level or diet composition, the scale often doesn't reflect what's really going on. You can get discouraged (or falsely encouraged) if you don't understand the temporary transitional effects.

It's hard to ignore or dismiss a gain or loss of several pounds during transitioning (1-2 weeks), but you have to, because those water and waste pounds do not matter as much as the fat pounds.

If you increase your exercise or carb intake you may see a water weight gain, but it's not necessarily a "bad gain" because your body needs the extra water for those situations.

If you increase your veggie/fiber intake, you may see new weight patterns emerge (gains and losses) because of the effects on your digestive tract (how much water and waste your body is holding and how long digestion takes).

Your weight during the first week or two of transition isn't as important or as meaningful as those thar follow - (even though we tend to treat them as the most important).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote