Lose 5 lbs Challenge #34 (newme12 won the last 2!)

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Cw 180

3/23...179.5

Gw 175
  • Doing great with no high carbs, feeling better, too!

SarahinParis, what are you doing in Paris? How do you like it there?

Hi Smith! Best of luck to you!

Wobbly, Good luck this week!

WannaSkip, how are you doing? Hope you have a great week!

newme, congrats on winning 2 months in a row!
  • Yay Sarah. A new number! Whoop Whoop!!
    Welcome back Smith!

SW: 229.0
    CW: 228.2
    GW: 224.0
  • I am pretty drunk right now but I think my higher intellectual functions are still working.

Or not!

My overnight weight loss over several days is

1.79 =average (mean)
    1.80 =median
    1.80 =mode
    1.50 =1st quartile
    2.10 =3rd quartile
    so half the time I lose between 1.5 and 2.1 lbs.

This has to be water weight loss.

And, my weight gain in a 16 hour day
    1.69 =averge
    1.60 =median
    0.80 =quartile
    2.40 =quartile
    -0.6 =minimum
    3.8 =maximum
    so half the time I gain between 0.8 and 2.4 lbs. This is not water weight and may take up to 50 hours to lose.

Does anyone have numbers substantially out of this range?

In principle you could lose 5 lbs in 7 days by fasting. Anybody done this?
  • So the scale is back up... But if I go Monday to Monday, I lost over a pound in one week - and given how I'm eating AIP right now, maybe that's how I need to measure, because I think I'm losing, just quite slowly (like half a pound per week)

SW : 193.0
    CW : 192.2 (-0.8)
    GW : 188.0

193.0 Mar 21
    192.2 Mar 22
    191.6 Mar 23
    192.2 Mar 24

Tyla, I'm an American - came to Paris for work, stayed for love... Now married w 2 kids and a stepson.

Wobbly - most of us on this thread are middle aged women who've been fighting the weight battle for many years. We fight tooth and nail for each pound. None of us lose quickly, nor expect to.
  • Well LOOOOOKEEE Who's here! SMITH! Oh its so good to see you again!

I am still stuck.... but it is so good to see everyone else having "Goog Movements" and doing the downdowndown dance! WOOHOO! Maybe we might have a winner even faster this time!

SW 231
    CW 229.8 (-1.2) Same Same Same Same... well better than the UP!

GW 226
  • Good Morning!

Sue I whooshed, but up not down. I did alot of physical stuff this weekend so maybe that is part of the reason. I did eat badly thought too. Had to move washer and dryer for the new ones. Laundry doors would close with new set, so had to install a new track and reattach doors. Then on Sunday I started prepping the garden (weeding, turning the soil, etc.)

I hope everyone sees some geat losses this week!
  • Cw 180

3/23...179.5
    3/24...178

Gw 175

LOL Sue you are so funny!!

wobbly....it's all about input and output, some bodies do better low carb and some do better low cal. It's tough but it's a fight we all want to win. Hang in there, no quick fix just down and dirty ; )
  • I'm feeling great without eating a lot of processed foods. I just have to get more exercise in.

SW: 158.2
    CW: 153.6
    Goal: 135
  • Awww shoot! Thought I maintained but actually up .2.

Hang in there Sue! It will happen.
    Great job Smith and Tyla!
    Mara we've all been there. Get back on plan and quit working so hard lol.
    Sarah...looking for the like button Glad your seeing a loss overall!
    Wobbly...I'm sorry all that speadsheet/mean, median, mode stuff is way over my head. I help my son with it for school, but otherwise...nope. I just look at the numbers I write down. Sometimes it's a good week and sometimes it's not. I do know that fasting is not a word in my vocabulary...or not one I care to use anyway lol.

SW: 229
    CW: 228.4 3/24
    GW: 224
  • wobbly...I requested feedback on the other thread related the rmr. I was looking at the body building website. I love those chunks of testosterone laden meat bags....anyway I was trying to figure and unfigure and decide if I wanted to know that much. I pulled out my old nutrition book and it was about useless. The dietitians at work are all toothpicks. Is there a fat dietitian out there? I did read about people doing more and more of alternating fasting with diet. Kinda like the caveman days, the body was not use to routine food. I'd suck and I have absolute no willpower for a 5-7 day fast and I'd assume you'd gain it all back once you started eating again.
  • Mara... I am so sorry about your up (I joined you in that regard) We WILL lose that extra water.. yes we will!

Newme... I am up too - BOO! I am sorry about your uptick.. just a blip! It will be history!

Tyla.. you are .6 away from winning this thing! WOW! Go Girl Go!

Sarah... a Lb a week is WONDERFUL! You are getting so close to the 80's!

Smith and Woobly..Waving HI!

Me ick! I have been cursed with the IAN Tuesday gain. gggrrrr

SW 231
    CW 230.6 (-.4) GGGRRRRRRR

GW 226
  • Loss a pound of the gain, but still up at 244.0. Sigh, but I planned my meals for the next two days so hopefully that helps.

Sue I need to get a lemon for my water to help flush some of the excess.

Newme I am too sore to do too much other than walk. LOL

And it is snowing this morning. So ready for the warmer weather to come and stay.
  • Tuesday gain for me too, Sue... And not very pleased about it, I was hoping to be done with 193...

SW : 193.0
    CW : 193.4 (+0.4)
    GW : 188.0

193.0 Mar 21
    192.2 Mar 22
    191.6 Mar 23
    192.2 Mar 24
    193.4 Mar 25
  • Cw 180

3/23...179.5
    3/24...178
    3/25...178