3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   The Hunt for a Healthy Easter - weight loss challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/292730-hunt-healthy-easter-weight-loss-challenge.html)

ames14 02-28-2014 11:17 AM

thank you for all your replies.
I think I am going to cut out cheese next week and see what happens.
I like cheese. LOL.
More veggies will be added in..
Maybe try some fat bombs? too?
Thanks

ames14 02-28-2014 07:51 PM

Calee What bar do you eat? I know bars are suppose to be bad.. but I need easy food. I work at a desk all day..

I cant believe im not losing a lot of weight.. hate my body sometimes.
but I guess it could be worse..
I started drinking 8-10 cups of water a day..
I fill up a half gallon jug to make sure i drink it all in a day..
That thing weighs 4 lbs!!

Ladies I am trying.. I just don't get it.. but im cutting out the cheese sticks this week. adding in coffee, more water.. more chicken and tuna..

I got the ketosis sticks shows a trace? can you lose any weight with a trace? My back/knee feels better than it has. but im taking it one day at a time..

Well girls im 40. and since hitting the big 40. my body has turned against me.. not that it really ever was my friend.. All I can say is.. Praise god for my hair!! I still have that!!

Have a nice Friday night!

ames14 03-01-2014 08:46 AM

Good Morning Ladies!! Happy Saturday. well I got up this morning, Husband was crabby so I took a 2.25 mile walk. minute I returned home, started to rain.. Gloomy day today... but at least I got in my walking.. Knee feels good. Lower back froze up. after I stopped walking. Will talk to Doctor on Monday.. Other wise I feel pretty good. I had my protein shake W/ Almond Milk.
I filled up my 1/2 gallon of water for the day.. and ready to go..

Whats everyone doing this weekend?

calee 03-01-2014 09:31 AM

Good morning,

Ames, I eat Quest Bars. They have a website, GNC, DRugstore. Com, amazon. Don't pay more than $24.99 for 12 bars. They have a natural line which has no sugar alcohols and I eat those. The chocolate brownie bar is 170 calories. Heated pieces in the microwave for 15 seconds taste like a cookie. I don't gain on them and actually if I supplement both breakfast and lunch, then eat 4 oz protein and veggies for dinner, I drop a few ounces. Maybe it's the on tilled portion and low calories. I'm glad you were able to walk today.

I have to work again today. 12 of 14 last days. I'm exhausted cleaning up someone else's mess. Tomorrow will be filled with shopping and Academy Awards.

Weight still at 149. Actually happy with that as it went up to 150 this week. Way too much stress. I'm off to WW for my monthly Lifetime Weigh In.

Lulu, 15 is a lovely age. I'm ready for grand kids! :)

Have a happy Saturday everyone.

Welcome home Sarah! You've been missed!

Lulu NH 03-01-2014 09:47 AM

Leaving Boston soon....walking over to Fanueil Hall and Quincy Market for baby girl again...3rd time in 2 days!! Walked and T'd our way around Boston yesterday...a little too much for my mom but she is quite a trooper!! Love her for her effort..she'll be 75 in May!!

Worked out already ...yogurt and fruit for breakfast...my mom can't believe how I look!! We are both old enough now that I can accept what she is saying.....praise or criticism.....it's a journey!!! It has been a nice trip for all 3 of us!!!

wannaskipandlaugh 03-01-2014 11:50 AM

Ames... I too got out and did my walk (longest ever 3.75 this journey). I was thinking of you all too while I walked and how far we have gotten too in our quest to be healthy and lighter. LOOK at how far you have come! I am sorry your back froze up... boooo.... Just a note.... Jerseygirl never had much of a trace showing on her Ketosis strips... so sometimes that test does not work for all. I know age is a difference (I am 55) and it is harder as our metabolism's are alittle slower LOL Need more "romping" I think for the testosterone... Just thinking here. And thinking that maybe alittle more good fat intake might help. Suggestion.. keep a chart and watch if you have weeks of maintaining or losing just alittle and weeks of losing alot and see if there is a pattern.....

Calee... I am so sorry you have such a long day today.. But COUCH day tomorrow night! weeeeeeeee

Sarah.. Have you settled back in to Paris life and shed that US water weight?

LULU.. what a fun weekend you are having. 3 generations of lovely women together. Laughing, Shopping, walking, shopping, talking, shopping, enjoying each other and Shopping. That is so awesome for your mom too to be able to keep up and I bet smiling the whole time! That is such a lovely picture in my head!

SW 235 2/14
2/15 233.8 (-1.2 ) and drank my water!.
2/16 233.2 (-1.8 total) and drank 1/2 of my water boooo
2/17 233.0 (-2.0 total) and drank my water!
2/18 234.6 (-0.4 total) and drank my water... sigh
2/19 234.2 (-0.8 total) and drank 1/2 of my water Boo
2/26 236.2 (+1.2 total) not counting the water right at this moment
2/27 236.4 (+1.4 total) grrrrrrrrrrrr
2/28 234.6 (-0.4 total) OKAy back in the down down down category! MORE tomorrow!
3/1 233.8 (-1.2 total) whew... and I was 232.8 after my walk too WOOHOO Time for the downdowndown Lulu Dance!
GW 221

newme12 03-02-2014 04:51 AM

TopazSpirit- welcome!
Lulu- I'm glad you're having a great trip with your family.
Sue- way to go on the 3.75 mile walk. That is awesome!
Calee- I'm sorry work is so difficult right now. I hope it gets better soon.
Ames- Glad your knee is doing better. My diet is about the same as yours. I love cheese too! I was very sluggish losing for about 12 days. I increased my water to about 70 oz. I also cut back on nuts and cut out pork skins, and increased my good veggies. So far it seems to be working. But listen to the pros on here. There are some very experienced losers!

SW: 240.6
CW: 235.6
GW: 224

Lulu NH 03-02-2014 09:11 AM

Holding at 172...I know the scale will move this week...my size 34 carpenter pants fit ok and the muffin top is getting better so I know I am still changing even though the scale isn't moving!! Committing to 45 minutes a day for exercise...I had slacked off because I was getting faster...so I added minutes back in not just distance.

Sue - Awesome on the walk....I agree...exercise helps!

Calee,Ames, Newme - keep up the good work!!!

calee 03-02-2014 10:39 AM

Hello team!

It's Sunday and I finally have a day off. Lots of cleaning and shopping to do in prep of my son coming home Thursday night for a . Few days. I'm having a birthday party here for 15-20 people Saturday night. He only gets home once a year, lives in Berlin, so this is an easy way for him to see friends.

I'm going to make a huge pot of Paleo Chocolate Chili. Its all grass fed meat no beans. Salad, cornbread, cheese, guacamole etc. everything organic ingredients. So lots of prep including house cleaning.

I'm taking off Friday at work regardless of this project because my stress levels are higher thn I can ever remember. Not good for weight loss so I'm happy to be maintaining for now. It's not an excuse, but my reality and when I weighed 249.8 I promised that I would be more gentle on myself when I to to my goal of 149.

Lulu, that scale will be your friend this week.

Carol, you're doing great!

Sue! Congrats on getting things moving!

I am going to primarily protein for five days. I know that Zach being home will have lots of meals out and while he makes us meals of roasted veggies and huge salads 3x a day (seriously) there are way more veggie carbs involved so I want to fight off a pound or two this week.

wannaskipandlaugh 03-02-2014 11:07 AM

Calee... Have an Awesome time with your son! Oh wow.. what Joys you will have this week! :) and when was the last time he saw you? Will he be amazed at the change in your weight?! I bet he will be and is proud!

Lulu.. Life is so good and joyous for you.. I meant to ask.. how is your little niece/nephew doing? I also bet that you see the "6" before the end of this month.. I just bet you! :)

Newme... Look at you (LOVE that win in the 5lbs+ off challenge!) You are going to beat me to the 220's... So that just gives me more motivation! LOL

SW 235 2/14
2/28 234.6 (-0.4 total) OKAy back in the down down down category! MORE tomorrow!
3/1 233.8 (-1.2 total) whew... and I was 232.8 after my walk too WOOHOO Time for the downdowndown Lulu Dance!
3/2 233.0 (-2.0 total) Woohoo.. back to my lowest.. Now to get rid of MORE!
GW 221

sarahinparis 03-03-2014 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahinparis (Post 4943513)
My Challenge

SW : 196.6
GW : 186.6

I was really tempted to put a goal of 185 but I won't - I'm trying to be more gentle with my expectations for myself and 10 pounds is already going to be really challenging. I'm not usually a huge fan of time-based weight goals, but I was happy with the extra effort the goal gave me during the last week of the Valentine's challenge (of course I was already pretty close - what I hate is when someone sets a goal of say 15 pounds, loses 13, and then says they "failed" instead of celebrating the marvelous accomplishment of those 13 pounds).

My major commitments :

- weigh in daily (I already do this)
- keep a daily food log (I've seriously resisted this and it is hard for me to commit to, but frankly I think it's what I will need to do to move through this weight decade that has stalled me for years in the past)

- I'm also *thinking* about going dairy-free until Easter (except butter, and except on our vacation) - I'll decide this part after our vacation

I plan to update on this thread on Mondays (my "official" weekly weigh in day)

I had a great vacation, enjoyed the sun, warmth, family and relaxation (no cooking! no dishes!). Was super happy with my diet, stayed low carb the whole time (4 sips mojito and 1 bite of key lime pie) although ate way more food and more carbs (berries, greek yogurt) than usual.

I successfully journaled my food every single day, but skipped 2 weigh ins (one by accident and one the day of our return on purpose because by the time I was at my scale I'd had 3 bottles of water...)

196.8 Feb 15 (leave on vacation)
198.2 Feb 16 (travel scale 196.2)
196.4 Feb 17 (travel scale 194.4)
197.4 Feb 18 (travel scale 195.4)
DNW Feb 19
197.4 Feb 20 (travel scale 195.4)
198.4 Feb 21 (travel scale 196.4)
197.8 Feb 22 (travel scale 195.8)
198.6 Feb 23 (travel scale 196.6)
196.4 Feb 24 (travel scale 194.4)
199.4 Feb 25 (travel scale 197.4)
198.8 Feb 26 (travel scale 196.8)
DNW Feb 27 (return from vacation)
198.6 Feb 28
196.6 Mar 1
195.0 Mar 2
194.6 Mar 3 (40 pounds!)

And in the end I decided to do something even more radical than go dairy-free - I'm doing the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) for the month of March.

It's EXTREME - no grains, no sugars, no sweeteners, no legumes (already doing all of that so that's no problem)

but ALSO - no eggs, no nuts, no dairy, no nightshade vegetables or spices, no seeds or seed-based spices, no seed oils, no coffee, no cacao, no alcohol, no green beans

It's that second list that is hard, some things harder than others. Thank god tea is allowed, but I'm still missing coffee. I'm also staying pretty low carb so the fruit that most AIP people enjoy I'm restricting (but having more than I was having before - berries mainly).

I'd been toying with the idea of doing an elimination diet (which is what this is) for a while but couldn't wrap my head around it (hence my hesitation above about dropping dairy for a while). But I'm worried my infant daughter has a skin condition I've suffered with most of my life, and apparently this kind of a diet can help. So obviously before I'd try anything like that on her I'd need to try it on me. And this diet is such a huge undertaking you basically have to eat everything at home and I can do that in March (no travel) but after March it gets really tricky with visitors and travel and basically I'm not sure I could do it again until September - and now worried about my daughter that's too long to wait. So, I'm jumping in.

The good news is that foods are so restricted that there is not much fun factor, and any cheat at all undermines all the hard work, which makes them very unlikely. It is requiring a lot of mental energy, reading several books, looking for recipes so that I don't lose my mind eating the same thing every day (all day on March 1 I just ate one food over and over - can't do that for 30 days!) and cooking too, so everything is prepared and ready - I don't think on this diet you can make it work if you're not prepared.

Lulu NH 03-03-2014 04:39 AM

Holding at 172..just looking to break into the 160s...according to my plan I should have been at 167...just finished 59 weeks so I am pretty happy with that!!

Sarah - Just curious if you are doing AIP for psoriasis or eczema or another condition....I've lived the psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis for 20 years...my kids also have a chance of getting it...

Sue - My nephew is a true bundle of joy but seems to pick up colds at the drop of a hat!!! I'm sending him two super soft blankets for St. Patrick's Day!! He likes the feel on his face as he is falling asleep...nice to have spares when one is in the laundry!!

Baby boy comes home on Friday....Spring Break already!!! He'll be home from college for the summer before I know it...

Best wishes for an on-plan day!! Low carb/low cal salad plans for today!!

ames14 03-03-2014 06:53 AM

Good Morning,
Hope you all had a fantastic weekend..

Well scale is up!! since I been drinking 8 cups of water a day.. scale has not moved..So I took out the old Pen and paper again and I am writing everything down...
I am getting sick of losing gaining the same 6 lbs for 2 months.. I must be doing something wrong!!! I am not hungry.. and honestly I am getting sick of talking about it.. So going to write it all down and see what happens..A friend said try another eating plan. But this is the only plan that keeps me at bay.. I am not starving..

LULU good job!! I would be happy to be at 172~ but I know that scale will start moving any day for you!

Sarahainparis!! Good luck with the paleo.. I don't think I could cut back anymore. With my budget.. there would be nothing left for me to eat!

ames14 03-03-2014 06:56 AM

Breakfast 1 cup of Almond mIl 30 calories 1 carb
1 scoop of Ideal Shake 120 calories 6 carbs

Lunch 1 can tuna 100 cal 0 carbs
1 tbsp. Mayo 100 cal 0 carbs
2 cups Shred cabbage 30 cal 3 carbs

2 celery sticks 15 cal 2 carbs
1 Coke Zero 0/0
5 cups of water 0/0

If you could see something I should substitute out, that will save me carbs, let me know.. I don't have lot of time to cook in the morning. I used to skip breakfast. But the shake really helps. I also have a 3 carbs shake I use sometimes. But this Monday morning I needed chocolate! Thanks

total for Breakfast and Lunch 395 calories and 12 carbs
Per chiropractor I also started taking 1 Water PIll OTC, 1 One a day vitamin, 1 fish oil, 2 fiber pills.
Leave me with 705 calories for dinner / 8 carbs..

That is plenty of food for me for breakfast and lunch.. dinner when I tend to get a little more hungry..

wannaskipandlaugh 03-03-2014 07:38 AM

Sarah... I am amazed at how strong you are to omit those foods for a month. I am looking foward to seeing how the lbs drop as the month goes on!

Lulu...shoot I had hoped for the 1 if not the "0". This week

Ames - I don't see anything wrong with what you have shown on your menu... maybe you could add alittle more fat in somehow... but otherwise it looks good!

I was so busy and accomplished so much yesterday. Did my 3 miles in the am, Mulched part of the yard, Spread the Weed and Feed on the grass, put up a brand new bird feeder (saw a Cardinal on it this morning!) cleaned out old pots and dead plants, laundry, vacumed.. whew.. so no wonder I lost alittle weight ! Hooray!

SW 235 2/14
3/2 233.0 (-2.0 total) Woohoo.. back to my lowest.. Now to get rid of MORE!
3/3 232.6 (-2.4 total) YaHOOO ok found the "2"'s now need to find the "1"!
GW 221