3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Sorry to ask, but... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/292105-sorry-ask-but.html)

OthelloLove 01-26-2014 11:16 AM

Sorry to ask, but...

So here I am, happily watching the scale go down and TOM :mad: comes for a visit. My weight shot up instantly- approximately 4 pounds. I have been doing my best to maintain my water intake but I am growing frustrated watching the scale go back up.

I am here for some feedback/support from you ladies. How much do you gain during that magical Time Of the Month and when it's over, do you continue losing at the same rate? Does it actually set you back? I just want to know what to expect so that I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

wannaskipandlaugh 01-26-2014 11:52 AM

Hello Othellolove... Well.. I am past TOM days.. but from reading other peoples posts and my own memories.. you gain water weight a few days before and the first 1 or 2 days of TOM then you get the WHOOSH fairy to visit you and Magic Happens! ALOT of people weigh less after TOM then they had weighed before. Try sticking to the plan and see what shows up on the scale on Thursday or so... You will be surprised I BET! :)

divinechaos 01-26-2014 12:02 PM

I gain weight right before it and end up losing weight by the end of it. When it's right before my TOM I crave junk. Then when it's my TOM I absolutely hate junk food and crave fresh, healthy things. I lose my appetite and will usually just munch on fruits or salads. And drink plenty of water to help the cramps. By the end of it, I usually weight a couple of pounds less than I did before it all happened.

Good luck :) Remember to go for walks and drink lots of water... not just for the weight loss, but for a pain free 'visit'

OthelloLove 01-26-2014 02:53 PM

I want a visit from the whooshie fairy!! I do! I do! Thursday seems so far away... but I shall be patient.

Divine- lol @ "visit". No one asked me to come over- just kinda showed up! TOM is apparently sans manners. ;)

vealcalf2000 01-26-2014 03:09 PM

I hate when this happens! I try to stay off the scale for that week! Also don't get discouraged. I also wouldn't worry about drinking more or less water, just drink and eat what you normally do and you will make it through!

sarahinparis 01-26-2014 05:22 PM

For me can be 5 or more pounds, usually gone by day 2 or 3

Mad Donnelly 01-26-2014 05:27 PM

Scale weight is never static. I dunno why people think that it is. I know better than to expect to have a loss show up on the scale during TOM. I just make sure I'm drinking enough water and I know that it's not real weight and I know that I'll show a loss again sooner or later.

OthelloLove 01-28-2014 11:13 AM

My weight is back down. I feel better now. I am aware that the scale "lies" at times. That doesn't make the number any less discouraging. That's where support works wonders for the morale. :)

Kat117 01-28-2014 11:49 AM

before I started Atkins, I would go up 8-10 pounds!

Now I find it is about 3-4 depending if I am getting enough water. Seems the less water I drink, the more I retain.

Never give up the faith!! TOM is really just a monthly test of our dedication and patience :)