3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   How often do you eat? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/291713-how-often-do-you-eat.html)

Kat117 01-16-2014 12:05 PM

How often do you eat?

Does it matter how often you eat? I am on day 5 of induction and am not hungry.

I have always been a believer in that if I am not hungry, I don't eat. I had breakfast and lunch yesterday, and then a protein drink at dinner time - not that I was hungry but thought I should have something. I haven't even eaten yet today and am still not hungry. I do drink a lot of water.

So I guess my question is - does it matter how often you eat and will only eating say breakfast and lunch knock you out of ketosis?

paca girl 01-16-2014 03:01 PM

Hi Kat117,

The experts say it does matter, but it sounds to me more that its too keep your bloodsugar level and from keep going hungry. To me if you're not hungry, don't eat! Listen to your body, i'm a big believer in that. For me I'm in day 7 and started Muay tay kickboxing. i've found that the day after boxing i'm not hungry at all and only want bacon and homemade stock. (Fat and salt). So far i've had a difficult time getting 20grams in period. Just not that hungry like you.

paca girl 01-16-2014 03:03 PM

Forgot to mention that when you fast, meaning no eating at all, you're in ketosis too. Same thing as Atkins

Lulu NH 01-17-2014 05:55 AM

I dont think it matters how often you eat as how much you eat. So I guess I have the opposite problem where I feel compelled by the physical mechanics of eating and want to do it all the time!! I substitute with broth, hot tea, coffee, water, etc. and usually know at the beginning of the day my go to foods for the day. For instance, I buy a cheese log and mark the outside so I know each portion is about 200 calories and so many carbs. I know it is a total of 5 servings for me and use it as a daily snack. I had to learn to do this before I might eat the whole thing....

wannaskipandlaugh 01-17-2014 07:44 AM

This way of eating does seem to surpress your appetite... but you do need to eat! If you don't eat enough, your body starts eating your muscles too... (Not that I want to scare you)... But I know what you are feeling... Several times in the past (when I was alot younger) I wouldn't eat all day and eat dinner... I also stopped losing weight too... Please eat... even if its just little meals all day long. :) But what you are feeling is typical! :)

Brooklynn 01-17-2014 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh (Post 4921484)
This way of eating does seem to surpress your appetite... but you do need to eat! If you don't eat enough, your body starts eating your muscles too... (Not that I want to scare you)... But I know what you are feeling... Several times in the past (when I was alot younger) I wouldn't eat all day and eat dinner... I also stopped losing weight too... Please eat... even if its just little meals all day long. :) But what you are feeling is typical! :)

I second this!!!! It is important not only for what the above post mentioned but also to get the vitamins, minerals, and proteins that our bodies need. I tend to replace breakfast with a protein shake because I can't eat eggs, but dinner is my fav because I can eat a larger protein (meat choice) lol. I don't see as much of an issue with you replacing one meal with a protein shake but remember to snack on healthy things like nuts, olives, avocados... so on to get the healthy fats our bodies need! Also I believe the reason you are feeling not hungry is because of those good fats so go to long with out them and you start feeling that need to eat again (at least that's what happens to me). I follow more of what the new Atkins says combined with Dr. Atkins book (with out the bars and crap from new Atkins) and you should eat with in a certain amount of time if you are following the Atkins diet. but everyone does this lifestyle with their own mods.

OthelloLove 01-19-2014 02:32 AM

Do you think you could squeeze in a couple of LC friendly snacks throughout the day? A boiled egg? A couple of pieces of bacon? Cheese stick?