New Year - New You Challenge!!!

You're on Page 2 of 10
Go to
  • Shoot.. had a whole page written and it disappeared.. Booo

I am back and I am in gear!.Thank you Lulu and it looks like you did not do too bad!.......Holidays cause alot of family anger and strife and I (for so many years) turned to food for the answer... Well FOOD is not the answer.. it just causes more guilt and strife... So I have more lessons to learn! and more holidays to manuver around and parties...

I hope you all had a terrific Thanksgiving! and Happy Monday to you all!

SW 12/2 252 (it was 253.2 yesterday OUCH!)

GW 243 or LOWER and I WILL DO IT!
  • I am in. Lofty goal, but I will be happy to lose any.

SW: 247.2
    GW: 239.2
  • I'm new to these message boards so hopefully you can see my post. I'm in for the challenge!

CW: 225
    GW: 215 (by 1/1/2014)
  • lulu down down down wishes to you too!!!

sue no worries, you got this girlie!!!

Welcome mara and jess!!

I have a question for y'all, with atkins do you still find you gain after eating out due to sodium if you stay op? or only from going off plan with carbs? I ate out last night, had fajitas with no tortillas or anything and the veggies were in my carbs for the day but I realized I have no idea what to expect from the scale now. I'll find out tomorrow either way but I am curious to know others experiences

11/28 - 247.4
    11/29 - 251.6
    11/30 - 249.4
    12/01 - 248.0
    12/02 - 246.3
  • Welcome JESS! We can see you and am glad you have joined us!

MARA.. Hello my fellow 230's goaler!... Lets do it! tho YOU will beat me to it I am thinking! woohoo!!

Pixikat... oh gosh.. sodium really does it to me!.. Tho eating bread and stuffing Thursday made my blood rush and made me jittery.. it was really the sodium. I noticed that when I lower the salt intake or drink extra water the weight goes down.. So I vote for Sodium being the culprit for weight gain if only having 1 bad day
  • Just realized I've not stayed checked in here. Weight seems to be doing its usual holding pattern that often lasts 7-10 days before a drop.

SW : 210.4
    CW : 209.6 (-0.8)
    GW : 205.4

210.4 Nov 29
    209.6 Nov 30
    209.2 Dec 1
    209.6 Dec 2
    209.6 Dec 3
  • Welcome Jesstefnik and hello Mara!

Out of the house early this AM - nothing new to report!! Hoping I can report 177 on Friday!! Wearing my new 14s this week - I bought them on October 1 but haven't worn them yet - I don't know why.....getting too comfortable wearing my loose 16s???

True confession: I am using the elliptical everyday but everyday I still "have" to make myself do it!! Will I ever really "enjoy" it? I worry I will quit....I worry all the time!! ugh!
  • So much harder to remember to post when I can't do it from work!

I did some of my shopping last week (online, since I live in the boonies), so now I need to get a move on finishing up the last few and the wrapping, of course. Also, 2 parties coming up this weekend. Gosh, the holidays are so stressful.

And, Mr. Staja takes 2 weeks off for Christmas. He's been complaining about having to work from home for a day or 2 of it. I started my job in August, so I can't even think of vacation until next August. And I'll only get get a week - which includes sick time. Every time he complains about his time off, it makes me want to throw something at him!

SW:218.8
    11/29: 217.8
    12/03: 218
    GW: 215.8 - 213.8 (but, I'm happy with lower than 218!)
  • I know what you mean Staja! I too, do not get vacation until next summer (started new job last April)... Mr. Staja just does not realize how grateful he should be! Hugs to you!

SW 12/2 252 (it was 253.2 yesterday OUCH!)
    12/3 249.6 Lost a whole bunch of that water weight HOORAY!

GW 243 or LOWER and I WILL DO IT!
  • Hey pixicat, yes sodium gets me everytime.

I am the same as yesterday.
  • Sodium always gets me! I'm up a few ounces from yesterday while keeping carbs low, calories below 1200 with 90 minutes of exercise. Grrrr...

I'm not a whoosher, but hope that will change! I'll stick with it.
  • lulu I guess it really depends on how long you've been doing it. Some people take awhile longer to like it. but if it has been more than a few months I would say start considering other exercises you might like more.

staja I would be wanting to throw things at my DH head too if he was acting like that. If it gets too much to bear you could try sitting him down and telling him how you feel.

well I didn't bump up from the sodium, but I am not showing a loss today. I am sitll the lowest I have been in a couple months so the water may be done flushing. we will see how it goes i guess.

11/28 - 247.4
    11/29 - 251.6
    11/30 - 249.4
    12/01 - 248.0
    12/02 - 246.3
    12/03 - 246.3
  • Finally got the weight off I gained during Turkey Week! Now I feel like I am actually in the race since I don't really count that loss.

Starting weight: 152 lbs
    Current weight: 150 lbs
    Goal Weight: 145 lbs

Great job everyone! We can do it!
  • Pnkrckpixikat I've been working out since the summer but I know in my heart it doesn't matter what exercise it is - I just feel that it would be very easy for me to relapse, eat wrong and not exercise and I really want to make the change - I guess I am in a "fake it til you make it" phase and will keep trudging along!! I want to be in a "this is my everyday habit" phase!!

True confession: I used to eat a Dunkin Donuts turkey/cheddar/bacon flatbread almost everyday - 470 calories and 55 carbs and sometimes the hash browns 200 calories and 22 carbs!! Yikes!! That is a habit I am glad is gone - I only order coffee now!!

Can't weigh but 60 minutes on the treadmill last night and planning the same for today!!!
  • Lulu: You are doing awesome! I'm trying the "fake it til ya make it" approach myself - moved my bike in front of the tv even, so I can entertain myself while I ride!

Sue: At least we are employed, right?

I'm finding it harder and harder to stay on track. Like, I know what I shouldn't be eating, but it's not until after I put it in my mouth, that I think....hmmmm, maybe I should make a better choice. I don't know if it's a psychological thing or what.

SW:218.8
    11/29: 217.8
    12/03: 218
    12/04: 218.6
    GW: 215.8 - 213.8 (but, I'm happy with lower than 218!)