3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Diet Coke (Zero) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/289889-diet-coke-zero.html)

lasttime 11-19-2013 01:44 PM

Diet Coke (Zero)

Hi I just started Atkins yesterday and drank two cans of diet coke zero. Is that acceptable? Does it have any net carbs? I have drank one today so far. I feel like I need it to avoid cheating. But I am sure I will not drink more than 3 cans. Someone please let me know if this is acceptable on induction?
I have been following the guidelines just adding in diet coke zero.

JerseyGyrl 11-19-2013 06:25 PM

This is a YMMV issue. You are going to get opposing opinions. Diet Coke Zero contains aspartame which should be avoided on Atkins.

SMSDREAMER2007 11-19-2013 09:52 PM

On one hand "yes" because there are no "carbs" it has sugar alcohols; on the other hand no because it isnt on the list AND sugar alcohols tend to affect many people negativelu

All in all its your life and your dirt. You need to decide what you -need- to succeed and what is acceptable to you.

Keish 11-19-2013 09:54 PM

Hey,
I am on day 7 of Atkins and been drinking a caffeine free diet coke a day and I've lost 4 lbs so far and I was at a plateau for a long time. Hope that helps.

mainecyn 11-21-2013 03:57 PM

You know, like others have mentioned, you will get different answers from everyone. This is because different things work for different people.

I drink Coke Zero, in fact I am drinking it right now. I'm on my break from work and enjoying it. I have maybe two glass on a bad day at work (drink it one at lunch and one after dinner), but generally just one.

I have ADHD, one acceptable treatment is caffeine. I used to drink coffee but in order to drink it I have to add to much cream or flavorings to it to make it Atkins legal. Since my dr recommends caffeine, this daily glass or two of soda is acceptable. However, I don't allow myself to have even a sip of Coke Zero until I have already had at least 60 ounces of water. Soda can make some people retain water. I don't drink my coke zero instead of water, I drink it plus my water. I find that makes a difference.

I have known multiple people who have done Atkins and they never gave up their diet soda, just lessened the intake.

I know that aspart. is frowned upon by a lot of people because it may trigger an insulin response. But, I don't have cravings at all when I drink my coke zero. If I go without my coke zero I find that I look for another reward. There are other drinks out there if you want soda that don't use these sweeteners, like rite. Or other "non-cola" choices.

I guess if you are trying to follow the "new Atkins" by the book and be a purest, then you wouldn't drink the soda. But, as for me, it doesn't cause an issue. There are many ways people find they can bend Atkins, some may be able to eat more cheese or cream daily and still drop weight, others can't. soda can be one of those adaptions.

Just my opinion.

SMSDREAMER2007 11-22-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mainecyn (Post 4887890)
You know, like others have mentioned, you will get different answers from everyone. This is because different things work for different people.

I drink Coke Zero, in fact I am drinking it right now. I'm on my break from work and enjoying it. I have maybe two glass on a bad day at work (drink it one at lunch and one after dinner), but generally just one.

I have ADHD, one acceptable treatment is caffeine. I used to drink coffee but in order to drink it I have to add to much cream or flavorings to it to make it Atkins legal. Since my dr recommends caffeine, this daily glass or two of soda is acceptable. However, I don't allow myself to have even a sip of Coke Zero until I have already had at least 60 ounces of water. Soda can make some people retain water. I don't drink my coke zero instead of water, I drink it plus my water. I find that makes a difference.

I have known multiple people who have done Atkins and they never gave up their diet soda, just lessened the intake.

I know that aspart. is frowned upon by a lot of people because it may trigger an insulin response. But, I don't have cravings at all when I drink my coke zero. If I go without my coke zero I find that I look for another reward. There are other drinks out there if you want soda that don't use these sweeteners, like rite. Or other "non-cola" choices.

I guess if you are trying to follow the "new Atkins" by the book and be a purest, then you wouldn't drink the soda. But, as for me, it doesn't cause an issue. There are many ways people find they can bend Atkins, some may be able to eat more cheese or cream daily and still drop weight, others can't. soda can be one of those adaptions.

Just my opinion.

I need a "Like" button for this

lasttime 11-23-2013 09:26 PM

Hey guys, I switched from diet coke zero to diet rite, which has no caffeine and is sweetened with sucralose. I know sucralose is allowed verses aspartame. So how many cans a day equals the three packets dr. atkins recommends. in other words how many packets are in a 12 oz. can?
And one more question, can I have uncured bacon? It has no carbs and no sugar.

Mistirose 12-11-2013 06:33 PM

yea, Sucralose is allowed but I still don't touch any of the chemical sweeteners, not for stall out reasons but for health reasons. I stick with Stevia. :)

QuilterInVA 12-12-2013 12:17 PM

You have to count 1 pkt of sweetener per 8 ounces of diet soda so 2 cans uses your 2-pkt allotment for the day.