3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   trying this again! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/287347-trying-again.html)

Dragonfly33 09-09-2013 10:49 AM

trying this again!

I am back on the Atkins way of life as of Saturday. I am in ketosis as of this morning :)

I weighed my options with Ideal Protein but felt it was too expensive when I know I can easily follow Atkins as I've done in the past. This is the only plan that I feel good on.

I need all the support and motivation I can get!! I need to stay on this for the rest of my life as I am diabetic.

I successfully made oopsie rolls/muffins this weekend. I added parm, oregano and garlic powder to them for a savory flavor. The first batch wasn't as good because I couldn't get the meringue the right consistency so they were 'eggy'. The second one, I got the meringue light and fluffy and the rolls turned out quite light as well and more bread like :) my daughter devoured them lol.

Dolly Sunshine 09-09-2013 11:24 AM

Good luck. I am starting over as well...I have been playing with the same 40 pounds for years now. I agree this is the only WOE I feel good on.

Laurlie 09-09-2013 02:26 PM

As someone who suffers from PCOS, this is the only thing that works AND keeps my hormones in check!

We've just got to stick with it!

Dolly Sunshine 09-10-2013 09:12 AM

I agree...everytime I slip off for awhile I pick up 10 extra pounds...and for what I feel and look like crap on carbs!

Laurlie 09-10-2013 09:59 AM

Agreed!! I'm wishing us all luck! :)

Dragonfly33 09-10-2013 10:20 AM

good luck ladies!! Hubby made burgers last night and told me he didn't put bread crumbs in it.....I asked again this morning and he said he put BBQ sauce in them. My keto stick was just about beige this morning and I have a mild headache. Needless to say I didn't take leftovers for my lunch, I defrosted shrimp and will have garlic butter on them for lunch with some roasted zucchini.

Dragonfly33 09-10-2013 10:30 AM

I was pissy this morning LOL but anyway.....he knows now ;)

Dolly Sunshine 09-10-2013 10:31 AM

So many hidden carbs!!

smith1313 09-10-2013 10:47 AM

hang in there, it took a while but dh got use to my low carb. BTW spicy pork rinds make a great filler and 'bread' coating.

betsy2013 09-10-2013 10:53 AM

Dragonfly, you may have just saved me from having a carb binge. I started on Atkins about 10 days ago -- have been doing really well, but miss having bread. The oopsie bread recipe is a godsend. Even the low carb breads still have way too many carbs. I've also made the pancakes, and felt like I was in heaven having something other than veggies. I love veggies, but finding ways to fix "cheat" foods so they fit on the plan is a must!

Dragonfly33 09-10-2013 11:06 AM

I wish I had made them the last time I started Atkins, I may have stuck to it lol. They are fabulous and satisfy that bread craving for me. I used the flatter ones as a hamburger bun last night. Sadly, I do not have anymore so I will be making another batch tonight :) makes me wish my family didn't like them so they'd last lol but hey, they are eating healthier and that's a positive.

QuilterInVA 09-10-2013 01:12 PM

Could you please post the recipe for the oopsie rolls/muffins? I've been doing this since May 7 and don't have any bread type recipes.

Dragonfly33 09-10-2013 01:17 PM

I will post the link where I got the recipe. If you look in the comments, there are some alternative ingredients that you can use for different flavors. I did the parmesan and oregano one.

http://yourlighterside.com/2009/05/g...-oopsie-rolls/

Laurlie 09-10-2013 02:29 PM

Now y'all make me want to go cook dinner!!

My husband just can't understand the whole "low carb" thing. Of course, he's also never had to worry about his weight...or hormones...

jenngold 09-11-2013 07:10 PM

enjoyed this thread. i have pcos too and it really has been hard. i just started 2 weeks ago and this has been encouraging. i have 40 lbs to lose. wish i knew abt this before. i'm doing an extended induction until dec 31. i'm hoping to lose 30 by then. i hate metformin and am realizing how imp this is for my health. i had 2 babies almost back to back and the weight didnt move despite low cal diet. it was so frustrating. i'm glad i found atkins