3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   How do you plan your food for the week? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/287145-how-do-you-plan-your-food-week.html)

Summer2010 09-03-2013 08:41 PM

How do you plan your food for the week?

Hello everyone,
I am starting Atkins induction tomorrow again after messing up last week. I am wondering if some of you can comment on how you prepare your food to last you a few days to help you stay on track with the plan. I find that I do very well when I am prepared with things to eat at home when I come back from work. I usually have boiled eggs ready, hard cheese, and I am getting so sick of chicken. I bought about 4 cans of sardines in soybean oil so I can eat that as a quick meal...any other ideas? Do you actually write down your meals for the week and do you stick to your plan? Do you pre-cut your veggies for the morning omelette?

I was doing very well on induction the first week (10 days ago) and lost about 8 lbs but gained 3.5 lbs back in the last 5-6 days as I went off plan. Last week was tough for me-on Monday we had our wedding anniversary, then Wed our son's birthday party, then on Friday my husband's birthday, and on Sunday a big ethnic festival with lots of atkins friendly foods but since I was already off the plan by then I indulged a little bit too much in other staff I shouldn't have.

I am committed to starting the plan again tomorrow before I completely fall off the wagon and completely regret it.

Any advice, words of support and encouragement are greatly appreciated.

Kat

JerseyGyrl 09-03-2013 09:50 PM

:congrat: on committing to this way of life!!! While at times it may seem overwhelming, keeping your goal in sight will give you the perserverance and determination to get there.

IMO, Atkins is a very doable plan. Pre-washed salad, frozen steam in the bag microwaveable veggies, grilled meats, canned tuna....these are all things that make it easy to stay on plan. I don't plan menu's or write down what I'm planning to make for the week....but....that said, I do make sure I have all the things I need in my fridge. String cheese, a bowl of hard boiled eggs, cooked chicken, plain greek yogurt (not for Induction), all these things are my staples. When I go out to a restaurant, I stick mainly to grilled meats, chicken or fish, veggies & salad.

I've learned the best way to do Atkins is to keep it simple. For me, keeping it simple is what has kept me on Atkins 9+ years:)

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!:hug:

Lulu NH 09-04-2013 03:57 AM

Hi Summer - I never wrote down what I was eating...for me that was the nice and easy part of Atkins but I do know what I can and can't buy at the store - for us it means shopping the outside aisles of the store most of the time where the fresh food is located.

I do have to plan portions - (not talking induction specifically) so if I buy sausage I have to plan to make portions for the number of days it "should" last not how much I want to eat. Most of the time I plan meals for my family and eat only the food that I am allowed from the meal so no noodles, rice, potato, bread or dessert - and I'll add some other vegetable that I am allowed to eat. Sometimes it means cooking the meat slightly different from what my family is having but usually it all has the same baking time - I stay away from "breading".

I started Atkins again in mid-January and am 41 pounds down - the last ten days I started using "my fitness pal" to log food and exercise - and that was a wake up call for food/calorie amounts and exercise. I find that it helps me stay on track because portions is my problem.....but this forum is where I get day to day support!!! Best wishes for downdowndown!!!!

JerseyGyrl 09-04-2013 05:51 AM

Lulu brought up a good point I forgot to mention...."breading". Summer, you say you are getting so sick of chicken, have you ever used egg & parmesan cheese seasoned with italian seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper & parsley to "bread" your chicken? It is delish! Dip the chicken in beaten egg ( I also season the beaten egg with a little salt & pepper ), then dredge in the seasoned parmesan, fry in a little olive oil/butter. You can use this for fish, pork, eggplant, zucchini....you can even "bread" broccoli & cauliflower:)

Summer2010 09-06-2013 08:00 PM

Thanks so much for your support and for your suggestions. I have never tried 'the breading' as suggested above and am now totally psyched to give it a try in order to add some diversity to my food choices!! I have been on plan for the last 3 days and feeling good! I lost 3.5 lbs that I gained since falling off the wagon last week and I dropped to my new low of 214!! So excited!!!

Thanks again and good luck to all of you!!!

Ready2BThinna 11-24-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl (Post 4831936)
:

I've learned the best way to do Atkins is to keep it simple. For me, keeping it simple is what has kept me on Atkins 9+ years:)

You CAN do this!!!

Keeping it simple is exactly the reminder I need. Somehow, there's a lot of freedom in knowing which foods are going to work for me on Induction and help me attain my goal.

Thanks JerseyGryrl!
R2B